- » Oven Roux
Oven Roux Recipes
Enjoy our collection of oven roux recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for oven roux recipes.
Want to try an easy Brown Gravy Recipe? In this video, find the simplest way to make it. It takes longer but looks worth. Unfortunately, this video doesn’t show some important technique that the chef wants to convey. - 71.0181
Fat Free Roux
1) In a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, add 1 cup flour.
2) Place in the oven at 400 degrees F till well browned like the color of a copper penny.
3) Keep stirring the mix at regular intervals of about 15 minutes.
4) You can choose to brown upto 3-4... - 31.546
Pere Roux's Cake
1. make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350° Butter two 9-inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with rounds of wax paper and butter the paper. Dust the pans with flour, tapping out the excess.
2. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle,... - 38.2057
Betty's Oven Roast Beef Au Jus
1. Prepare a roasting pan line it with foil and ensure there is excess foil so that you can hold the juice in.
2. Rinse the roast and pat dry, season the roast with salt on both side.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degree.
4. Place the roast... - 105.993
Best-ever Oven-baked Tuna Casserole
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her Best-Ever Oven-Baked Tuna Casserole recipe. It is creamy and crusty and full of wonderful Parmesan cheese--the best tuna casserole around! - 27.8275
Homemade Chicken Gumbo
Reserve chicken neck and giblets for other uses, if desired.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside.
In a wide, heavy ovenproof frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned.
Lift out and set aside, leaving drippings in pan.
Add chicken, a... - 45.3277
Seafood And Okra Gumbo
Using a No.
9 black iron Dutch oven, make a roux of bacon drippings and flour, stirring constantly.
Add a little paprika and dry parsley flakes.
This helps to make the roux dark without burning.
Add garlic, celery and onion, still stirring constantly until it... - 45.725
Louisiana Seafood Gumbo
Brown flour in hot shortening in Dutch oven; stir until smooth.
Saute onions and celery in roux for 15 minutes.
Add 1 quart boiling water, bay leaf, garlic and thyme; simmer for 2 hours.
Add shrimp; cook for 10 minutes.
Mix in oysters and liquid and crab... - 38.0432
Tasty Baked Haddock
Anyone who knows to cook knows that seafood makes for a fast, healthy meal any day. In this recipe, the cook shares a simple, tasty whitefish recipe that is easy to cook and good to eat. Dense chunks of fish baked to perfection is something you surely... - 99.628
Gyula Partridge With Lentils
Lard the cleaned partridges with 3 oz. of bacon, salt and fry in lard.
Put the lentils, previously soaked in cold water, into a pan, add grated lemon peel and the bay leaf.
In some of the lard in which the partridges were cooked, fry 1 oz. chopped bacon and... - 33.0811
Natchitoches Meat Pies
Combine shortening and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Add pork, beef, onions, parsley, and seasonings.
Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and onions are tender,... - 37.3251
Little Meat Pies
Combine shortening and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is caramel colored.
Add pork, beef, onion, parsley, and seasonings.
Cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
Drain and... - 45.2959
Chicken And Oyster Gumbo
Combine hen, water, and 2 teaspoons salt in a Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Remove hen from broth, reserving 8 1/2 cups broth.
Remove skin, bone hen, and cut meat into pieces.
Combine oil... - 44.3558
Chicken And Andouille Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Remove excess fat from chicken pieces.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Meat Magic evenly over chicken pieces.
Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine onion, bell peppers and celery; reserve.
Thoroughly combine flour with... - 39.7843
Classic Crawfish Etouffee
Crawfish Etouffee has a unique taste. Crawfish Etouffee gets its taste from crawfish mixed with hot sauce and red pepper. Crawfish Etouffee is served with rice. - 38.4914
Quick Shrimp Gumbo
Heat oil in a Dutch oven, add flour, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny (about 10 minutes).
Stir onion and celery into roux, cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add tomatoes, water, bay leaf,... - 38.5765
Ham Sausage And Chicken Gumbo
Brown each meat, one at a time, in oil in a large Dutch oven, removing to drain on paper towels.
Add flour to oil remaining in Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is caramel colored (10 to 15 minutes).
Add onion, garlic, and... - 42.8352
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
For roux, in large saucepan or Dutch oven mix oil and flour.
Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or till roux is dark brown.
Stir in onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic; cook till vegetables are just tender.
Stir in undrained... - 43.8226
Chicken Pork And Sausage Jambalaya
Combine 3 tablespoons bacon drippings and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions, parsley, and garlic.
Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender,... - 35.801
Southern Seafood Gumbo
Combine 1/2 cup oil and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until roux is caramel colored (15 to 20 minutes).
Stir in celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook an additional 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fry okra... - 40.4931
Combine bacon drippings and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onion, celery, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Add... - 33.6497
Shrimp And Corn Soup
Combine bacon drippings and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Add next 7 ingredients, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes,... - 30.7662
Heat the oil in a large pan or Dutch oven.
Add the flour, reduce the heat and cook into a light brown roux (paste).
Add the onions, peppers and celery, saute until tender, stirring constantly.
Add the tomatoes, seasonings, mustard, broth and sugar.
Simmer,... - 37.8445
Coquille Of Seafood And Mushrooms In Mornay Sauce
In a medium skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the mushrooms until tender and the liquid disappears.
Set the mushrooms aside.
In a medium saucepan simmer the scallops, shrimp, sherry, salt, pepper, bay leaf and scallions for 5 minutes in enough... - 44.4229
Basic Hot Soufflé
1. Prepare the soufflÃ© case or tin for the pastry
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Separate the eggs and prepare the flavoring
4. Make a roux by blending the fat and the flour and then gradually add the milk to the flour mixture.... - 38.1152
Roasted Fallow Venison
PREHEAT THE OVEN to 450°F FOR THE SAUCE, first make a roux.
In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of the butter.
Add the flour and cook over low heat for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
Set aside to cool.
WRAP THE VENISON LOIN in bacon, slightly overlapping the... - 42.9972
Combine oil and flour in a large Dutch oven, cook over low heat 20 to 30 minutes, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions, green peppers, parsley, and garlic, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, okra,... - 36.2923
Redfish Court Bouillon
Fillet fish, reserving head and bones.
Cut fillets into 3- x 2-inch pieces, and set aside in refrigerator.
Combine head, bones, and 2 quarts water in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
Strain stock through layers of... - 36.9415
Southern Corn Chowder
1) Cook the bacon till it is crisp. Drain it and reserve the drippings. Crumble the cooked bacon and set it aside.
2) In a stockpot or a 6-quart Dutch oven, cook the onions in 3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon dripping. Drain the... - 46.3557
Tomato Seafood Gumbo
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven.
Add flour, and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions and celery; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add next 6 ingredients and cook 10... - 37.6246
Classic Southern American Shellfish Gumbo
1 Mix bacon drippings and flour in a large Dutch oven.
2 Cook over medium heat, for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly until the roux is copper in color.
3 Stir in the onion, celery, and garlic.
4 Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5 Add... - 43.6617
Chicken Aid Sausage Gumbo
Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned.
Remove sausage, reserving drippings.
Set sausage aside.
Cook chicken in drippings until browned.
Remove chicken, reserving drippings.
Measure drippings, adding enough oil to measure 1/2 cup.
Add... - 47.3268
Commonwealth Deviled Clams With Shrimp And Crab Meat
Combine all ingredients, except roux, in a heavy frying pan over a hot flame; bring to cooking heat and add roux; stir until mixture is smooth and thick (about the consistency of a heavy oatmeal; add clam juice if the mixture is too dry); cook approximately... - 25.8576
Roasted Onion Caper And Tarragon Sauce
In a baking pan roast the onions in the middle of a preheated 475° F oven for 2 hours.
While the onions are roasting, in a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat, whisk in the flour, and cook the roux, whisking, for 3 minutes.
Add the cream and the - 26.51
Alfold Pike With Cabbage
After washing the cabbage, cook with water and white wine.
Cut the fish into two longish pieces after cleaning, salt and put into a greased dish; pour one dessert spoon of cabbage stock over them and cook until tender in the oven, under cover.
Then put... - 44.1036
Bacon Pimento Mac And Cheese
1)In a pot of boiling water cook the elbow macaroni till al-dente which means half done. The macaroni will be cooked further in the oven later during the recipe.
2)On a stove or a grill roast the red bell pepper and discard the skin completely... - 0
Fish In Champagne Sauce
In a heated frying pan, saute the mushrooms in half the butter or olive oil.
Heat a 3-quart covered Dutch oven and saute the onions and garlic in the remaining butter until they begin to brown.
Place the fish pieces on top of the onions and place... - 41.275
Delicious Scalloped Corn
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with butter.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium low flame.
4. Add and stir in the flour and blend well into the butter to make a roux
5.... - 47.4985
Sapo's Homemade Pompanadas
1. Wash and fine chop the green pepper, onion and celery and keep it aside.
2. Cut the pompanos fillet into small pieces and keep it aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degree, before making the pompanadas.
4. In pan melt butter add flour... - 0
Creole Pot Roast
Creole pot roast can be prepared with chuck or rump roast. Made with green onions, carrots and mushrooms, the creole pot roast has garlic, jalapeno and parsley for flavor. Cooked in the oven, this creole pot roast is flavorful and goes well over rice. - 41.936
Beef In Burgundy
Cut the bacon into little strips, and blanch them with boiling water.
Fry gently, being careful not to burn them or to darken the fat.
Remove the bacon from the pan, and'in the fat, brown the beef.
You may wish to add a little olive or peanut oil to the... - 43.3796
Classic Creamed Smoked Haddock
1. Soak the haddock, in enough milk to cover it, for 1 hour; then bring the haddock and milk slowly to a boil in a heavy pan. Allow it to cool. When the haddock is cool enough to handle, drain and reserve the milk. You will need 2 cups of the milk later on.... - 30.4
Homemade Kentucky Hot Brown
Here in this video the chef tries to replicate the hot brown which you originally get at the Brown Hotel in Louisville Kentucky. Perfectly made and well presented, but clear vocal ingredients and directions could have helped follow the video better. - 92.9778
Fricassee Of Veal
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F. (If using oven for preparation).
2. Take a heavy saucepan, soften 2 tbsp of butter and saute veal cubes, and cook until it gets browned on all sides. Cook on medium heat.
3. Spoon salt and pepper along with... - 44.2632
Chicken Sausage Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux: In a heavy 6-inch skillet, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until it is deep brown. Remove from the heat.
2. To prepare the gumbo: In a 6-quart Dutch oven or... - 35.1189
Pork Rib Roast With Apple Cider Gravy
For an interesting pork rib recipe, watch this video and learn to make a roasted pork so tasty that it will disappear as soon as it is served! Watch to know more. - 102.587
Fresh Brisket Of Beef
Season both sides of meat with seasoned salt, garlic salt, celery salt, and meat tenderizer. Put meat in glass baking dish, skin side down. Pour on about 1/4 bottle of liquid smoke and 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least... - 20.6033
Cheese Souffle has a terrific taste. The cheese and eggs gives the Cheese Souffle a rousing taste. Cheese Souffle is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 31.1799
Shrimp Canape A La Irma
Mince shallots with garlic and fry in butter until browned.
Add 2 tablespoons flour to make a roux.
Add enough fish broth to make a thick sauce.
Slice shrimp fine, pour into sauce.
Cook about 20 minutes.
Add wine mixed with beaten egg yolks to tighten... - 38.5645
Celery Beef Casserole With Walnuts
Brown the meat in the oil and place in a casserole.
Saute the onions and carrots in the butter in the frying pan.
Add the flour to make a roux and gradually add the stock, stirring with a wooden spoon until a smooth sauce is formed.
Season well and pour over... - 39.9176
Preheat oven to 325°.
Combine bread, celery, onions, almonds, garlic powder, chervil, thyme; stuff into ducks.
Brush ducks with melted margarine.
Place in roaster; add broth and wine; bake covered for 4 hours.
Add the pan juices to a roux made of margarine... - 39.0113
Crevettes En Amour
Peel, devein and butterfly the tiger prawns.
Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) of butter, brush over shrimp, sprinkle with paprika and place on a baking sheet.
Bake prawns in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Melt the remaining butter... - 41.8537
Broccoli Baked In Mustard Sauce
1. Cut broccoli into 2-inch pieces
2. Grease a shallow baking dish or casserole with butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter
5. Stir in the flour and sauté for 2 minutes to make a roux
6. Take pan off... - 48.5385
Tomato Cheese Souffle
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook till the roux mixture is bubbling and frothy but has still not turned brown.
3) Heat the milk, along with the clove, bay leaf, parsley, dill... - 44.4504
Chicken And Beef Red Chili Enchiladas
If you want to have some spicy and delicious Mexican food, try this enchilada recipe out there. Stuffed with beef and chicken and baked these enchilada taste marvelous. - 107.578
Caramelized Veggies And Turkey Pot Pie
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Add in a tablespoon of olive oil into a saute pan on high heat and caramelize the onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and garlic.
2. Once caramelized, deglaze with white wine and cook until all... - 113.472
Pork Carne Guisada
Used some chunks of pork butt to make carne cuisada. Used Fiesta Carne Guisada spice only and a bit of roux.. - 105.098
Chinese Sesame Buns
Chinese Sesame Buns is served as a side dish. Chinese Sesame Buns gets its taste from all purpose flour mixed with salad oil and sesame seeds. Chinese Sesame Buns is inspired by many restaurants across the world. - 37.5094
Authentic Brown Hotel Style Hot Brown Sandwich
Take a break from the standard noodle and pasts meal and treat yourself to something sumptuous this weekend. Betty cooks up an award-winning sandwich and reveals the secret of making the divinely delectable hot brown sandwich a la the Brown Hotel style.... - 108.948
Surfin Sapo's Seafood Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux, in a large, heavy bottomed skillet heat 1 cup of vegetable oil on medium low heat. Add the flour to it. Using a wooden spoon to stir, cook the flour in the oil for 45 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until the mixture... - 98.566
Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Got company coming over! you can certainly rely on this tuna noodle casserole recipe. Making it would be a snap and with simple instructions provided here, it becomes even easier. It looks so comforting, easy to make, and super yummy! - 90.973
Chicken, Oyster, And Sausage Gumbo
In a heavy 4 quart Dutch oven stir together the flour and oil till smooth.
Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium.
Cook and stir the roux constantly about 15 minutes more or till a dark reddish brown roux is formed.... - 45.8363
Wholemeal Macaroni Cheese With Fennel
1. Cook the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water for 7-10 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
2. Heat the milk, onion and bay leaf in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow the milk to infuse for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the... - 35.7221
Scalloped Rutabaga And Potatoes
Peel the rutabaga, slice it thin, and parboil the slices until nearly tender, about 10 minutes.
Remove them with a slotted spoon to a 2-quart gratin dish.
Peel and slice the potatoes.
In the same boiling water, parboil the potatoes until nearly tender, about... - 41.8434
Lemon Sole With Lemon Pepper Sauce And Egg Bows
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Rinse and pat the fish dry.
Pour the olive oil into the baking pan (choose an attractive one you can serve from).
Place the fish fillets in the pan in 1 layer.
Sprinkle with rosemary.
Top with lemon slices.
Bake 20 minutes, or... - 43.5249
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2) Heat a pan with oil and butter. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
3) Put in mince meat and brown lightly. Pour in stock, wine and sauces and stir.
4) Let it come to... - 43.9071
Ruth's Shrimp Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux: In a 6-inch skillet, stir the flour constantly over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from the heat.
2. To prepare the gumbo: In a 6-quart Dutch oven, cook the bacon over moderately high heat for 3 minutes or until... - 33.594
Leek And Sausage Pie
Place a shallow, 9-inch [23-cm.] flan ring on a baking sheet, then line it with the pastry.
Place the leeks in a sauce-pan and add the stock.
Simmer the leeks, covered, until they are almost tender.
Drain, reserving the stock.
Saute the sausages until... - 44.1649
In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine and saute the shallots until they have softened.
Stir in the flour and cook the roux over low heat for 3 minutes, but don't brown it.
Heat the milk to scalding separately; this can be done most easily in the microwave... - 44.8104
Cauliflower Casserole With Shell Pasta
Put the cauliflower in a 2-quart gratin dish.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour.
Cook the roux over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring often, but don't brown it.
Heat the milk to scalding separately; this can... - 44.2749
Cauliflower With French Goat's Cheese
Watch this video to learn TV Chef and bestselling author Sophie Wright's Mouth-watering French Goat's Cheese and Cauliflower Log recipe. This is an easy and wonderful way to use goat's cheese to create simple, fancy and healthy meals. - 105.695
Chicken And Okra Gumbo
The chicken and okra gumbo is prepared with okara and chicken pieces cooked together with parsley, green onions, peppers and celery. Flavored with garlic, onions and red and black pepper, it is seasoned to taste and best served over rice. - 47.0713
Put the chicken, lemon juice, stock, wine and seasoning into a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Meanwhile, put the spinach into a large pan, add... - 43.2254
Baked Tuna Au Gratin
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Make the cheese sauce: melt 2 table-spoons of the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook the roux for 1 minute, without browning. Take the pan off the heat and gradually blend in the milk. Return to the heat and cook the sauce... - 33.6253
Tarte Au Gruyere
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Roll out the pastry dough and line a buttered 9-inch (23-cm) pie pan.
Bake blind for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
Reset the oven to 375°F (100°C).
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Stir in the flour to... - 44.7771
Fillets Of Haddock Dieppoise
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Wash the fish and put it in a buttered ovenproof dish.
Add the bay leaf and lemon juice, season well, pour over the wine and cover with foil.
Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring the milk to just... - 45.0781
Stuffed Eggs In Wine Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F (170° C).
2) In a saucepan, saute the ham, onion and shallots in half of the butter in a saucepan.
3) Stir in the wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half in volume.
4) In another pan, melt... - 44.2679
Join Lauren and her mom to learn the secret family recipe for Chicken Duchess. - 97.7529
Whiting With Cockle And Horseradish Sauce
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 3/325°F/170°C.
2) Fillet the whiting by chopping off their heads and tails, their fins and gills and slicing down each side of the backbone to make 2 fillets.
3) These may be skinned if you desire.
4)... - 42.3387
Jeena Vengima Paneer Sathe Bhunjela ( Baked Baby Brinjals )
1. Soak the halved brinjals in salted water after scooping the flesh from the centre with a sharp knife.
2. Mix the cornflour in three tablespoons of water, add to the milk with two tablespoons of butter and cook over a medium flame till a thick white sauce... - 27.1521
Leek And Ham Roll Ups
Leek And Ham Roll Ups! The lovely blend of flavors of the this meat roll and delightful sauce is enough to get you hooked on to the dish! You really have to try this lovely Leek And Ham Roll Ups recipe! - 43.6396
Microwaved Bechamel Sauce
This Bechamel Sauce is so very irresisitble. Use this creamy spiced and herbed sauce as a base for making lasagna, french sauces or a roux. Tell me if you liked this Bechamel Sauce. - 34.7976
Cheese And Mushrooms On Toast
Clean and wash the mushrooms; dry and finely slice them, then sprinkle them immediately with lemon juice.
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter, add the mushrooms, cover and cook 5 minutes over low heat.
Put the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the flour and make a... - 42.5279
Artichokes Au Gratin
Peel the artichokes and place in a saucepan with the milk, water and salt.
Bring to the boil slowly and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
Arrange in a casserole, cover with the mushrooms and onions.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour to make a... - 41.7038
Penes Celebrated Cheese Souffle
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Thoroughly butter an 18cm souffle dish, about 8cm deep.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in the flour. Cook together for a couple of mins to make a roux, then gradually whisk in the milk until a smooth, very... - 38.1438
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Put the scallops in a saucepan with the wine, water and a squeeze of lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
Drain the scallops; strain and reserve the cooking liquid.
Cut each scallop into quarters.
Melt 2 tablespoons of... - 42.5965
Finnan Haddie Crepes
Poach the finnan haddie in the milk and water for 10 minutes.
Strain off the liquid and reserve it.
Flake the fish into a mixing bowl, discarding all the skin and bones.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small saucepan and fry the mushrooms until... - 43.1845
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) before baking.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter and stir cook flour in it for 2 minutes over low heat to make a paste (roux).
3) Pour in milk, stirring and then thicken the mixture by simmering.
4) Add in... - 44.1388
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) before baking.
2) Skin the artichokes and slice them into thick pieces.
3) Allow artichokes to be steamed for 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime, in a sauce pan, melt butter and add in flour.
5) Cook the... - 41.7403
1) Set the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) before baking.
2) In a sauce pan, over low heat, melt butter and cook flour in it for 2 minutes to a roux.
3) Pour in milk and then allow the sauce to thicken by simmering.
4) Mix in cheeses... - 45.221
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) before baking.
2) Skin potatoes and slice them into 1/2" cubes.
3) In boiling salted water, boil the potatoes for 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime, in a saucepan, melt butter and add in flour.
5) Cook the... - 46.8446
Creamed Smoked Haddock
1) In a large bowl, soak the haddok in milk for 1 hour.
2) In a heavy pan, bring the haddock and milk to a slow boil.
3) Allow to cool, then drain, skin and bone the fish, reserving 2 cups milk.
4) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
5) In a... - 41.1494
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 6 or 400°F.
2. Coat a gratin dish with margarine.
3. Heat a pan, boil salted water and cook macaroni for about 20 minutes until soft (or cook according to instructions on packet). Never cover the... - 43.6474
Easy Cheese Souffle
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 4 or 350°F.
2. Grease a 1 1/4 pint souffle dish (5 m.) with fat.
3. In a saucepan, add margarine, flour and milk and make white sauce by the roux method. Season well. Whisk in in the finely grated... - 37.6969
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets about 3cm in size.
2. Wash well under cold running water.
3. Grate the cheddar cheese.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6) or heat the grill to hot.
To make the mornay(cheese) sauce:
5. Make... - 85.7991
Tuna Casserole From Scratch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. In a non-stick pan, add mushroom, and onion. Sauté.
3. Throw thyme, sea salt, and black pepper in it.
4. Put butter and flour. Stir to make a roux.
5. Pour chicken stock and milk.
6. Insert peas,... - 100.191
Standing Beef Rib Roast
If a restaurant bought Standing Beef Rib Roast pinches your pocket, then it is best to prepare it a home. Here is a Standing Beef Rib Roast recipe video that is Chef Dave's signature recipe. He roasts the rib with sautéed onion makes brown gravy with the... - 99.0551