- » Oven Baked Chicken Stew
Oven Baked Chicken Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of oven baked chicken stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for oven baked chicken stew recipes.
Oven Chicken Stew
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In small bowl add 1 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, paprika and pepper. Mix well.
3. Rub the mixture on the chicken.
4. In 5-quart Dutch oven heat oil and brown chicken over medium-high heat.
5. Drain out... - 45.3419
Oven Irish Stew
1. Trim excess fat from chops. Melt several pieces in a large skillet until 2 tablespoons of fat have accumulated. Remove and discard remaining fat.
2. Brown chops, 3 at a time, in fat in skillet; remove and reserve. Brown stew vegetables in fat remaining in... - 27.0503
Oven Beef Stew
This Oven Beef Stew is a terrific accompaniment ! Try out this tasty wined meat dish and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Oven Beef Stew are welcome ! - 28.0724
Oven Beef Stew
1. Preheat oven to 375°F Pat beef dry with paper towels. In bowl, toss beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
2. In nonreactive 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of beef; cook until well browned, about 5 minutes,... - 36.297
Oven Potato Sausage Lentil Stew
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rinse lentil and set aside.
3. Combine with potato sausage or Polish sausage, and carrots.
4. Add the 3 cups water; bring it to boil in a saucepan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30... - 45.7474
Baked Chicken Stew
Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; shake well.
Combine chicken mixture, potato, and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well.
Place in a 4-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours... - 44.4465
Chicken Bake With Mushrooms
Season chicken with salt, paprika and pepper.
Heat oil in large fry pan.
Brown chicken on all sides.
Place in 13 x 9-inch baking dish or pan.
Pour soup over chicken.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour until tender.
Sprinkle with mushrooms and return to oven just until... - 40.3042
Stewed Chicken A L'espagnol
Prepare and cut chicken as for a fricassee.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
Brown it lightly in the fat, remove it, and add sliced onions, tomatoes, olives, sugar, and green pepper.
Simmer for 10 min. then add the chicken and the liquid... - 41.9795
Zesty Brunswick Stew
If you are looking for a mindblowing partner to serve up with hot biscuits, this Brunswick Stew can prove to be a perfect choice ! Just try out this irresistible okra, lima beans and chicken casserole and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for the... - 39.3979
Delicious Chicken Kitten Stew
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a pan heat oil and add chopped onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes until brown.
3. In a baking tray mix green onion, rice and browned onions.
4. Stir in the rice and onions together.
5. Add the cream of... - 92.1504
Chicken Stew With Biscuit Topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Place a large Dutch oven on heat; add carrots, potatoes, peas, celery, and chicken pieces in it.
3. Drop bay leaf, Herbes de Provence, and garlic.
4. Pour chicken stock, cover it with lid, and cook on... - 100.216
1. Fry bacon until almost crisp in large skillet. Lift out with a slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling and set aside for Step 5. Leave the drippings in pan.
2. Shake chicken pieces in mixture of flour, salt and pepper in plastic bag to coat well. (Reserve... - 41.3695
Chicken And Chickpea Stew
Pick over the chick-peas carefully, discarding discolored peas, small rocks, etc.
Soak these overnight in ample water to cover, along with the baking soda.
Next day, drain and rinse the peas.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Drain... - 43.7692
Fiesta Chicken And Sausage Stew
Wipe chicken with damp cloth.
Combine oregano, marjoram, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne; rub over chicken.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; cook sausage for about 10 minutes or until... - 44.9054
Chicken Biscuit Stew
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt margarine in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
Gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until blended.
Cook milk mixture 4 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring... - 44.0036
Autumn Chicken Stew
Sometimes the recipes I make are inspired by the type of cooking equipment I have or come across. This happens to be the case with this simple comforting chicken stew...like the guitar choosing the song. I recently came across this wonderfully large enameled... - 130.111
Dumplings For Stew
1. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In cup, combine milk with salad oil; slowly stir into flour mixture just until mixture forms soft dough (stir as little as possible).
2. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto chicken, meat, or vegetables... - 25.5674
Place roast, fat side up, on rack of a roasting pan.
Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
Bake at 325° about 30 to 35 minutes per pound or until thermometer registers 160°.
Trim and discard fat; cut pork into 2 inch... - 42.648
Curried Chicken Stew
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (375°). Remove and discard all the skin and the excess fat from the chicken pieces.
2. Arrange the chicken in a single layer, meaty-side up, in a 13 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle the chicken with the onion,... - 39.1454
1.Rinse the chciken pieces and dry.
Cut the small rib bone using a scissors (optional).
2.In a paper bag, put a mixture of salt, flour and pepper.
3.Put the pieces in it and shake well to coat.
4.Keep aside the leftover flour mixture.
Preheat... - 46.7311
Chicken Stew With Potatoes And Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an oven proof casserole place the chicken.
3. Mix garlic, oregano, olive oil, mushrooms, marjoram, garlic, tomatoes, pepper and thyme.
4. Stir to mix the ingredients well.
5. Bake for 60 minutes... - 48.2615
1) Take a 4-quart casserole or Dutch oven and combine chicken, celery, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, bouillon and water in it.
2) Cover and cook for 24 minutes, stirring once.
3) Stir in carrots to this.
4) Mix 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup flour.
5)... - 45.6405
Vegetable And Chicken Stew
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 In a 3-quart baking dish, Combine all the ingredients
3 Cover and bake for 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender.
4 Serve hot. - 41.6268
Chicken Fruit Stew
Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt.
Mix together in a bowl the pepper, cloves, cinnamon, sugar, sherry, garlic, vinegar and salt.
Layer half the onion, tomatoes, fruit and herbs in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole.
Place the chicken pieces on top and... - 43.9502
Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew
Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew is an irresistible recipe that you simply can't resist. Try this Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 46.9633
Brunswick Stew With Cornmeal Crust
1. Under cold running water, rinse the chicken and using paper towels, pat dry chicken.
2. Crosswise cut breast pieces into half.
3. Cut and separate drumsticks from thighs.
4. Peel onion and slice.
5. Wash mushrooms and slice.
6. Preheat oven... - 47.2938
Stewed Chicken Under A Blanket
1) Rinse the chicken pieces, discard any excess fat and dry them.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the chicken pieces, toss well to coat and marinate covered for 2 hours at
room temperature or refrigerate... - 43.8903
Cornmeal Biscuit Wedges Topped Chicken Vegetable Stew
Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
Brown chicken in the kettle for 10 minutes.
Add 3 1/2 cups water, onion, garlic, bay leaf, bouillon, thyme, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in parsnips, brussels... - 47.9046
Combine chicken, celery, onion, bay leaf, peppercorn, salt, bouillon and water in 4-quart casserole or Dutch oven.
Microwave, covered, 24 minutes on high, stirring once.
Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 cup water.
Stir into chicken... - 36.8582
Spanish Fork Chicken Stew
Remove stem and seeds from chile.
Combine chile and boiling water in a small bowl; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Place chile and water in a food processor, and process until mixture is smooth.
Spoon chile puree into a small bowl, and set aside.
Preheat oven to... - 43.8999
Chicken Marengo With White Wine
Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and flour; saute in oil.
Remove chicken and set aside.
In pan juices, saute onion and garlic; add chicken, wine, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Cover tightly and cook slowly until tender, for 40 to 60 minutes.
Can be placed in a... - 35.2363
Spicy Meatball Stew
Preheat oven to 350Â°E In a medium size bowl, mix together beef, crumbs, grated onions, egg, pepper, and thyme until well blended.
Form into 1-inch balls and brown in hot oil in a skillet.
Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon.
In a 3-quart ovenproof... - 36.4415
Speedy Chicken Stew
In 4-quart casserole or Dutch oven, combine fryer, celery, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, bouillon and water.
Cook covered, 24 minutes, stirring once.
Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 cup water.
Stir into chicken mixture.
Cook covered, 8 ... - 45.1712
Country Chicken Stew With Celery Seed Dumplings
1. Combine broth and chicken in a large Dutch oven. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, 10 minutes, skimming off any foam that rises to surface. Add carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf, and savory. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Skim fat off surface of... - 32.0075
Hearty Chicken Stew With Dumplings
1. Simmer chicken, 2 cups water, tomatoes, onion, celery, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf in large saucepan or Dutch oven for 2 hours.
2. Remove from heat and chill.
3. Remove fat from the surface and bone chicken.
4. Combine 1/4 cup cold water and cornstarch,... - 37.6393
Couscous With Moroccan Chicken Stew
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Finely chop the coriander and cumin seeds together with hot red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
3. Take a large nonstick saucepan and mix together tomato juice and water. Bring the mixture to boil on... - 44.8869
Chicken Parsley Brunswick Stew
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken from pan, reserving broth in pan. Shred chicken with 2 forks; return to pan. Discard bay leaves. Add... - 30.6855
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven until hot; add lamb, browning on all sides.
Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Add wine, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add potato and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium;... - 39.796
Navy Bean Stew
Soak beans in 2 qts.of water overnight; drain.
Place in a large saucepan and add remaining water.
Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until beans are tender.
In a Dutch oven, brown sausage.
Add broth,... - 39.8629
Tex Mex Turkey Stew
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In medium bowl, combine turkey, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/2 cup cilantro, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt.
Form mixture into 16 meatballs.
Place meatballs on baking pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and bake 25-30 minutes... - 46.3421
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a Dutch oven add oil and then chicken along with pepperoni and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes such that the chicken is lightly browned.
3. Drain the chicken and add tomato sauce,... - 42.7749
Pollo Alla Cacciatore
Dry the chicken and dredge lightly with flour.
Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan.
Lightly brown the chicken on all sides, a few pieces at a time, removing the browned pieces to a plate.
Saute the garlic and onion in the pan drippings just until... - 43.4596
Baked Curried Chicken And Rice
In a medium saucepan stir together water, undrained tomatoes, rice, apricots, raisins, lemon juice, curry powder, bouillon granules, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and bay leaf.
Heat to boiling.
Stir in chicken or turkey.
Pour the hot chicken mixture into a 1 1/2... - 35.3352
Baked Chicken, Rice & Almonds
Put chicken in a large kettle; add salt, black peppers, bay leaf, quartered onion, and celery.
Barely cover with boiling water; cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Let cool in the broth.
Remove chicken and cut into fairly large... - 43.7381
Pearly Veal And Onion Stew
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a deep, heavy, flameproof casserole and brown the veal, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary.
Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl.
When all the pieces are browned, sprinkle on the potato starch and toss... - 44.9909
Chicken Macaroni Bake
Cut meat in bite-size pieces.
Measure out 2 cups stock.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a baking dish about 13 x 9 1/2 X 2 inches.
Cook mushrooms in butter in heavy skillet until golden.
Cook macaroni as package directs.
Alternate layers... - 39.7264
Herbed Chicken Salad
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a small bowl, put the mayonnaise.
3. Add the yogurt and dry mustard to this, and beat briefly. Keep aside.
4. Chop the scallions finely and keep aside.
5. In a baking pan that will hold them... - 42.2538
Chicken Cacciatore With White Wine
Looking for a healthy and savory chicken recipe? Take a look at this scrumptious Chicken Cacciatore with a little spin. The chef here adds roasted mushrooms instead of sautéed mushrooms which gives a really nice color and flavor to the dish. This is so... - 117.367
Baked Bean Cassoulet
Soak dry beans, using 8 cups water, as directed
Stir in celery, carrot, bouillon granules, and salt.
Add giblets from chicken (refrigerate remaining chicken).
Bring to boil; reduce heat.
Cover; simmer 1 hour.
Shape sausage into small balls; brown in large... - 43.9671
Savory Chicken Curry
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (175Â°C)
2. Coat the chicken pieces with flour.
3. In a large flat skillet, heat oil.
4. Arrange floured chicken pieces and brown evenly on all sides.
5. Add shallot if using towards end of the browning... - 50.4502
Chicken Casserole With Dumplings
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Mix together the salt, cornflour and pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken joints to coat well on all sides.
3) In a frying pan, heat the corn oil.
4) Add in the chicken joints and saute till brown.
5)... - 44.179
Place chicken in deep pot and add water, wine, carrots, onion, parsley, thyme, and salt.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer slowly for about 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Pour broth through wire strainer and save.
When chicken is cool enough to... - 46.4894
Country Chicken Pot Pie
Place chicken in large pan.
Add wine and enough water to cover.
Add onion, celery, parsley, bay leaf, whole black peppers, marjoram, and salt.
Bring to a boil; cover and simmer gently for 2 hours.
Remove skin and bones of chicken and discard; cut... - 46.0328
Curried Pork And Sweet Potato Stew
Place a colander in a 2-quart glass measure or medium bowl.
Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges.
Spoon yogurt into colander.
Cover yogurt loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours.
Spoon yogurt... - 41.5755
Mexican Squash Stew
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place tortilla strips on baking sheet; coat strips with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° for 9 minutes or until crisp.
Combine chicken and flour in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Seal bag, and shake until... - 44.4483
My Grandmother's Veal Stew
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Taka a skillet and place bacon, butter, onion, and mushrooms in it.
3. Saute the mixture over low heat. Saute till golden brown
4. With a slotted spoon remove the mixture.
5. In an ovenproof serving dish... - 45.6871
Ham Vegetable Stew
Preheat oven to 400°.
Meanwhile, in saucepan mix first five ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Stir in potatoes, ham, tomatoes, and Worcestershire.
Bring to boiling.
Mix Biscuit Mix and mustard.
Blend in milk.
On floured surface pat... - 42.8914
Cuban Bean Stew
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a casserole dish, place the beans.
3) Add the stock, onions, celery, peppers, parsley, ginger soy sauce, garlic thyme and bay leaf.
4) Bring the mixture to a slight boil.
5) Transfer the casserole... - 46.0214
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. In baking dish with lid, place chicken breasts and sprinkle with paprika.
3. In medium bowl, mix together mushroom soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine and water chestnuts and pour over chicken.
4. Bake,... - 37.8323
Chicken Fricassee With Spring Vegetables
Chicken Fricassee With Spring Vegetables is a sumptuous dish that often takes over any spread! This delightfully well flavored and addictive Chicken Fricassee With Spring Vegetables will leave you licking your finger! - 47.8721
Chicken Mozzarella Bake
Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
In a 2-quart oven-proof skillet, heat oil.
Add chicken thighs and drumsticks.
Fry until brown, turning to brown evenly on all sides.
Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Drain off excess fat.
Drain tomatoes; reserve... - 45.9564
Baked Chicken Fricarole
Whip up this delicious Chicken Fricarole that will have everyone reaching the bowl for seconds. This easy and simple recipe is something new to try for those special occasions and tastes fabulous to impress your guests! - 47.4232
Baked Chicken And Almond Pudding
In a Dutch oven combine chicken, celery, onion wedges, parsley, 6 cups [water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Cover; cook till chicken is tender, about 2 hours.
Remove chicken from broth; strain broth.
Skim off fat.
Measure 3 cups broth; set aside.
Cool chicken;... - 43.248
Baked Chicken And Noodle Casserole
1. Wash chicken, place in large kettle and cover with cold water.
2. Simmer chicken until tender. Cool, remove chicken, and reserve broth.
3. Cut chicken meat into 1.25 - 1.75 cm. (1/2" to 3/4") pieces.
4. Melt butter, add flour and blend well.
5. Gradually... - 46.0388
Saucy Chicken & Baked Polenta
Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry, and arrange slightly apart in a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
Broil about 4 inches below heat, turning once, until browned on both sides (12 to 14 minutes total).
Lift chicken from pan and set aside.
To pan, add onion, bell pepper,... - 43.5385
Chef's Special Vegetable Stew
Looking for a convenient dish to prepare for dinner tonight? Try this fabulous, full of flavor Vegetable Stew. This recipe never fails to impress as a main dish, watch it now. - 103.105
St. Patrick's Day - Lamb Stew With Colcannon
Planning for St.Patrick's Day dinner? Here, the chef is making something special for this occasion. Lamb stew with colcannon is hearty, rich and unbelievably delicious. - 123.46
Spanish-style Steamed Shellfish
Ingredients traditionally used in Spanish seafood stews are brought together here. Spanish chorizo and saffron flavor the broth, and a classic red pepper-based romesco sauce provides a tangy accent. - 41.8843
Roasted Tomato And Pesto Bread Stew
In oven, place top rack in upper third of the oven. Preheat oven
to 400 degrees. Place tomato halves (skin side down) on large
baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with ample
amounts of salt and pepper. Place on top rack in oven, roast for
30 -... - 37.7169
Veal Stew With Cilantro Chile Sauce
Preheat oven to 325°.
Trim fat from roast.
Combine roast, broth, and next 7 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat; cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until roast is tender.
Remove roast from pan, reserving... - 40.3232
Duck Stewed In Red Wine
1 The first day: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Remove excess fat from the legs. Skin the necks and cut them into 2-inch lengths. Remove the tips from the wings. Set legs, neck pieces, giblets, and trimmed wings aside in the... - 47.0445
Peanuts And Beer Chicken Wings
Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
In large saucepan over medium high heat, combine Lager Beer, molasses, peanut butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt... - 36.5784
Tarragon Veal Stew
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add onions and shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until softened.
Remove to a plate.
Coat veal cubes with flour.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in pan; add veal in... - 43.7426
Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee
Following a diet and craving to have something delicious? Not all tasty food is full of calories, just like this Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee. This dish is high both on health and taste. Try it today. - 108.026
Chicken And Ratatouille Lasagne
1. Season chicken with marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until tender and white throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil... - 31.7099
How To Cook Shrimp Chowder In Stoneware Pots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a stoneware pot, for tomato based chowder, add tomato, green beans, carrot, sweet potato, corn, zucchini, celery, and mushroom.
3. Sprinkle ground chili flakes, peppercorn, little bit of breadcrumb,... - 0
I tried out this popular Italian Chicken Parmesan. This Chicken Parmesan will knock your socks off! Really tasty! - 37.0405
Chicken And Noodle Casserole
Trim any excess fat from chicke pieces; remove skin from legs and breast.
Spread onion in bottom of a 12-cup baking dish; arrange chicken in 2 layers on top.
Stir Worcestershire sauce into soup in can; spoon over chicken; cover.
Bake in moderate oven... - 31.0621
Club Night Casserole
Combine chicken, water, onion, carrot, celery tops, salt, and bay leaf in large kettle; cover; simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
Cool chicken in stock; remove, and skin.
Take meat from bones; cut meat into bite-size pieces; place in medium-size... - 43.0185
Preheat oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
Beat oil, lemon juice, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic until mixed well but not frothy.
Coat chicken with oil mixture.
Place chicken skin side down in a small heavy roasting pan.
Dot with butter.
In a small... - 42.724
Chicken And Noodle Casserole
Trim any excess fat from chicken pieces; remove skin from legs and breast.
Spread onion in bottom of a 12 cup baking dish; arrange chicken in 2 layers on top.
Stir Worcestershire sauce into soup in can; spoon over chicken; cover.
Bake in moderate oven... - 33.7695
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Slightly flatten each chicken breast; place in 11 X 7-inch baking dish.
Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Remove foil; drain.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine tomatoes, cornstarch, oregano and... - 32.8888
Mock Coq Au Vin
Wash chicken pieces; pat dry.
Shake with flour and salt in a paper bag to coat thoroughly.
Brown pieces, a few at a time, in butter or margarine in a large frying pan; place in a 12-cup baking dish; sprinkle with ham and top with onions.
Stir vegetable... - 42.7305
Ham And Mushroom Stuffing For Cabbage Leaves
1. Prepare the cabbage for stuffing. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. In a saucepan heat the butter, add the mushrooms and saute until wilted.
3. Combine with the remaining ingredients except the chicken broth and stuff the cabbage leaves.
4. Arrange... - 33.7784
Lamb Pot Pie
Dust cubes of meat in flour and in a large frying pan, brown on all sides in oil.
Add chicken stock, whole peppers, salt, bay leaf, parsley, lemon, and onion; cover and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
Add carrots and cook for 15 minutes more; add zucchini and... - 36.9371
Pork And Apple Pie
1. Place pork, onion, salt and pepper in a saucepan and half cover with stock. Cook slowly for at least 1 hour.
2. Remove the meat from the stock and cool.
3. Line a pie dish with some pastry and cover with cold cooked apples, add the cold pork and add some... - 32.3695
Duckling In Pumpkin Seed Sauce
1. Cut off and discard wing tips of duck; remove and discard as much fat as possible.
2. Sprinkle duck with salt. Heat lard in 12-inch (30-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add duck; cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to... - 36.3707
Layered Chicken Casserole
1. Trim any excess fat from chicken pieces; remove skin from legs and breast.
2. Spread onion in bottom of a 12-cup baking dish; arrange chicken in 2 layers on top.
3. Stir Worcestershire sauce into soup in can; spoon over chicken; cover.
4. Bake in moderate... - 23.7804
Spiced Chicken Casserole
1. Wash chicken pieces; pat dry. Shake with the flour and salt in a paper bag to coat thoroughly.
2. Brown pieces, a few at a time, in butter or margarine in a large frying pan; place in a 12-cup baking dish; sprinkle with ham and top with onions.
3. Stir the... - 33.9374
Chicken In Filo
Rinse chicken pieces.
In a large heavy dutch oven, add 1/4 cup butter.
When hot, add the chicken.
Cook, turning, without browning, for about 15 minutes.
Remove the chicken pieces and cool slightly.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and discard.
Chop... - 44.9556
Chicken With Peppers Tomatoes And Olives
Cut chicken into slices.
Peel and slice onions.
Core, remove seeds, and slice peppers into strips.
Layer chicken, onions, and peppers in greased baking dish.
Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in saucepan.
Heat to... - 41.5444
1. In a skillet heat the butter, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken to a kettle and cover with water. Add the garlic and salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is tender, about one-half hour.... - 36.0735
Chicken Stuffed With Macaroni
1. Place the whole chicken in a kettle and add water barely to cover. Add the celery stalk, parsley and a little salt. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, two to three hours. Remove the chicken to a warm platter and keep hot. Strain... - 35.2397
1. Preheat the oven to 450°
2. In a large saucepan, tip in the chicken, water and salt and simmer covered for 3 to 4 hours or until the thigh meat is tender.
3. Shred the chicken meat and cut into chunks.
4. Heat the broth along with... - 42.3907
For mock sour cream place all the above ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Combine liquid Butter Buds or chicken broth, garlic, and onion in a sauce pan.
Cook until soft.
Add flour, cornstarch, 14 oz.chicken broth, and green chiles.
Stir with a... - 41.8264
Stuffed Chicken Rolls Over Zesty Vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
2. Trim off the ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. Cut them in half lengthwise, remove the seeds if they are big, and cut them into 1/2-inch chunks.
3. Combine the zucchini and yellow squash in a mixing bowl with the... - 37.9767
Chicken Almond Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. In a large pan, pour in the celery, carrots, onion, salt and pepper along with the water and chicken and simmer till the chicken falls off the bone.
3. Remove the chicken from the broth and shred the meat... - 43.0575