- » Onion Tamarind Chutney
Onion Tamarind Chutney Recipes
Enjoy our collection of onion tamarind chutney recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for onion tamarind chutney recipes.
Aamli Nl Chutney ( Tamarind Chutney )
Place all the items in a saucepan with a cup of water. Bring to a fast boil, simmer for five minutes strain and allow to cool. Place in a bottle and chill in the refrigerator. Use as needed.
Take a cup of the tamarind chutney and add the chopped onions and... - 24.5919
Tamarind And Sesame Seed Chutney
Place the tamarind block in the hot water and leave for about 15 minutes.
Squeeze the pulp out and push through a sieve into a bowl to give a puree.
Add the sugar and set aside.
Dry roast the sesame seeds in a small saucepan until they change colour a... - 43.0861
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
Heat the oil in a 2-quart pot over medium-high heat.
When hot, put in the asafetida, and a few seconds later, add the cumin and mustard seeds.
The cumin seeds will begin to darken in the hot oil within a few seconds.
Put in the chopped onions and minced... - 43.904
1. Peel and cut the onions into thick slices.
2. Grind all the ingredients on the left to a rough paste along with the onions.
3. Heat the oil and add the seasonings. Now add the ground mixture and fry on low heat until the oil comes to the surface. - 38.7897
In a thick pan, put oil and heat it.
Add fenugreek seeds, garlic pods, curry leaves and chopped onion.
Fry till onions turn to golden brown in colour.
Add red chilli pwdr, cilantro, tamarind, jaggery and salt.
Onion chutney is a good... - 38.4992
Indian Bhel Puri
Very popular Indian chat food. A mixture of murmura or puffed rice with wholesome combination of farsan, sev, onion, tomatoes, a kick from spicy chilli chutney and a tangy taste from super delicious tamarind sauce. Bhel, just a name is enough to make you... - 115.948
Onion Chutney - Side Dish For Dosa
Simple yet tasty red Chutney which serves as a great combo with crispy Dosa.
Try this easy recipe and enjoy it with dosa which takes your breakfast into a next level of yumminess. - 0
Red Onion Chutney
This chutney is a very good combination for idly and dosa. - 39.3985
Vengayam Thakkali Chutney
This is another type of onion chutney that you can make. Onion is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and dietary fiber. Tomato is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. So this chutney can be one way to get a small dose of these vitamins into your system. - 0
This is yet another simple chutney recipe that can prepared in minutes. While it definitely tastes good, it should be kept in mind that coconut contains lots of saturated fat, which is not good for people with diabetes or heart disease. Otherwise, it is a... - 0
Til Copra Chutney
Til Copra Chutney is easy to make recipe. Til Copra Chutney gets its taste from coconut mixed with tamarind and lemon juice. Til Copra Chutney is served as side dish. - 33.574
1. Grate coconut and grind all ingredients together. If desired, this chutney may be tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves and a little, water be added to moisten it. - 26.1883
Ridged Gourd Chutney
Wash the Ridge gourd skin well and cut into pieces so that it makes you easy to fry and grind.Heat 3 spoons of oil in kadai and fry Ridge gourd skin, onion, chilllies, tamarind and cocount for 5 minutes till all gets fried well and smell goes away.Add salt... - 13.8889
Bitter Gourd Garlic Chutney
1. Cut the bitter gourd into two halves, remove the inside white pulp and seeds, and cut into small pieces.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, mix with the gourd pieces, and set aside for 3-4 hours.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a... - 43.1527
Papad Or Papadum With Chutneys - Restaurant Style Starter
If you're fond of eating Indian appetizers, then you'll surely love this. It is called masala papad in India. It is so tasty and you can make it in a few minutes. You can impress your guests with this amazing appetizer. You can serve it with chutney. So don't... - 98.9691
Easy Coconut Chutney
Put all the ingredients except the tamarind through a mincer (grinder).
Squeeze the tamarind in a piece of muslin or cheesecloth to extract the juice, then add the liquid to the other ingredients. - 24.2134
Dissolve the sugar or jaggery and salt in the tamarind water.
Mix all the ingredients together and blend well.
If coriander leaves are not available use six or eight spring onions instead. - 35.1313
1) Soak tamarind in 1 1/2 cups of hot water for 10 minutes. Squeeze and strain out juice from the soaked tamarind.
2) Mix all of the seeds, and grind to a fine powder. And grind the jaggery into a fine powder as well.
3) Heat oil in a pan, add the... - 35.8366
Fried Eggplants With Tomato Chutney
Soak the lump of tamarind in 3/4 cup hot water.
Leave at least 4 hours or overnight.
Make paste (about 1/2 cup).
Put onion and garlic in electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed to a smoodi paste (1 minute).
Heat olive oil in 2-quart... - 47.1782
Learn how to prepare flavorful Zucchini chutney at home with few basic Indian spices. Great accompaniment to any Indian meal, this chutney is really easy to make - 0
Rava Dosa And Chutney
Mix rice flour, maida and rava with salt. Add enough water to make a thick batter without forming lumps.
Add chopped onion, cilantro and green chillies, add more water and make a thin batter of buttermilk consistency.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.... - 44.4569
Rava Dosa And Peanut Chutney
In a bowl add all the above ingredients and water and mix to a dosa batter with sapatula nicely.see that it should not get lumps.when the batter is ready
Keep dosa pan on a gas,when it is hot add oil and put dosa batter in a sapatula and add oil on the... - 50.0626
Masala Dosa With Chutney
Masala Dosa - A delight from down south! Make this delicious South Indian Dosa with this recipe. Masala Dosa is famous all over the world for it's taste, size and the uniqueness. Originally coming from the Mysore in Karnataka, it has become popular among all... - 37.1342
Indian Brinjal Chutney
This spicy and tangy brinjal chutney is something different from regular coconut or dosa chutney. It makes a good accompaniment with dosa, idly, uttapa. - 111.286
Sweet And Sour Chickpea And Sesame Seed Chutney
1. In a food processor, grind the chickpeas to a smooth paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Roast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for about 1 minute over a moderate heat, moving the pan constantly to toss the seeds around and prevent them from burning.... - 34.1269
I got a bunch of fresh pudina/mint leaves from market and prepared Pudina Chutney for idli/dosa,our last weeks breakfast.I sometimes use it as a spread for sandwich as well. - 0
Husked Green Bean Chutney
Wash dal, drain and dry in a kitchen towel.
Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and add mustard seeds.
When they start spluttering, add dal and red chillies.
Fry stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes till dal turns golden brown.
Remove from... - 45.2706
Vengaya Chutney - 3 (vadhakiyadhu)
Onion is a humble vegetable with good amounts of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. It is believed that onion is good for the heart and can bring down high blood pressure. It also aids with good digestion. - 0
Vengaya Chutney - 2 (raw)
This chutney is made without sauteing the onions. Add this to the list of chutneys for tiffin, and try it the next time if you haven't already tried it. - 0
Idli Sambar With Chutney
1. Soak Urad Dal (skin removed black gram) and rice separately in the morning and grind it together to make a paste at night.
2. Mix it thoroughly, adding salt and water.
3. This mixture should be of a thick pouring consistency.
4. Keep the mixture in... - 49.064
Bitter Gourd Sauce
Make the most of the healthy and nutritional properties of bitter gourd by trying out this bitter gourd sauce. This Indian flavored sauce is a spicy accompaniment to your meal. This is definitely one of the innovative ways to utilize bitter gourd in your meal. - 106.481
Onion And Eggplant Pakora
How about having some South Asian style fritters with a touch of spice to it? In the video, chef is making fritters with two different ingredients. However the batters for both are same and is made with chickpea flour and spices. While she dips eggplant... - 118.77
Uttapam With Onion
SAMBAR MASALA :
1. Dry roast the masalas separately.
2. Roast the dal until it gives a cooked aroma and turns slightly brown. Remove it.
3. Then stir in red dry chillies and allow them to turn deep red.
4. Mix all these roasted items, allow them to cool and... - 41.9847
Procedure for Green chutney Grind all these ingredients to a paste.
Procedure for Tamarind chutney Cook all ingredients in water till the mixture thickens.
Cool and grind till smooth.
Procedure for Bhel puri In a large bowl mix all the ingredients.
Put into... - 36.4407
Tarkari Na Bhajia
Peel and dice potatoes.
Boil one and fry the other lightly.
Peel and chop onions.
Fry one onion lightly.
Peel and mash bananas.
Sieve dry ingredients together.
Add ground spices, vegetables, bananas and strained tamarind juice.
Mix well to make a stiff... - 44.5614
Your search for a great accompaniment to your meal ends with this Traditional chammandi. It is an Indian onion sauce or chutney as it is more popularly known. It goes well with any Indian meal whether rice or chapati and can also be had with the Indian dosa. - 95.668
Chatpati Top Ramen Bhel
Bhel puri is a popular and loved snack in India. This one is an interesting and awesome variation of bhel. You will love to have it as a snack with your cup of evening tea!! - 0
Indian Dabeli Pao
Mumbai is famous for its roadside snacks and Indian dabeli pao simply rules the streets of western India. Watch this video to find out how you can have an Indian street snack party at your home in no time. It is a healthy and heart warming dish and can easily... - 121.226
For making puris :
1. In a bowl mix rawa, urad flour and salt.
2. Add club soda, knead to form dough and wrap in a dry kitchen towel.
3. Pat lightly with little water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For making the masala :
4. In a pressure cooker boil... - 106.228
Dabeli Chaat - Mashed Potato Sandwich
If you want to make an easy Indian snack then you must try out this recipe. It is the Indian dabeli. The dabeli filling is mainly made of potato and It tastes nice and crispy. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe in detail in the video. I'm sure you and your... - 104.419
Potato Curd Cooler
1. Slice unpeeled potatoes into rounds about 3mm thick.
2. Arrange side by side in a large and very shallow dish.
3. Pour curds to cover all rounds.
4. Drizzle both the chutneys all over.
5. Sprinkle chilli powder, salt, cumin all over.
6. Garnish by... - 36.8259
Chatpati Aaloo - Matar Ki Chaat
This is a delicious spicy snack where Aaloo Tikki is served with peas and lots of chatpati chutneys. Aaloo – Matar ki Chaat is supposed to be served hot. - 0
Healthy Bhel Puri (chaat)
Those who relish eating Indian snacks will definitely want to try this recipe out. This is a famous Indian junk food. The chutney added to the bhel gives it a good flavour. Watch the video to try out this tasty chaat. - 106.158
Ragda Patties (potato Patties Dipped In Peas Curry)
Want a break from the regular meal and feel like eating something hot and chatpatta like the Mumbai style chaat that you get on the streets and fast food joints? Try this recipe of homemade Ragada pattice, one of the most popular treats from the family of... - 119.051
Dahi Papdi Chaat
Today, chef has a mouth-watering Indian street food recipe that doesn't require any cooking except for boiling potatoes. In no time, she puts together a set of ingredients that are readily available at Indian stores. Make sure you don't miss out on mint... - 127.927
Khasta Kachori And Chaat - Dal Puri Or Daal Poori
Anyone fond of Indian snacks, should surely try this recipe. It's so appetizing and your family and guests will love it. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well and patiently. This is a famous Indian snack. Don't forget to watch the video for the recipe of... - 106.23
Hostel Style Bhel Puri
wanna fresh ur mood...having boring tasteless life...interested in having smthing CHAAATPAATAA...& YUM..YUM..YUMMY...smthing simplicity in making anytime anywhere..wanna enjoy ur holiday in unique STYLE..lets try our RCEW STYLE...as we say "HOSTEL STYLE BHEL... - 46.6755
Puffed Rice Savory Snack
As savory as you like it and and as spicy you like it, this snack is so versatile. It can be a very good addition to the snack table when entertaining. - 0
Dahi Puri is a special chat recipe which has crispy and puffy puris filled with sweet and sour chutney, spicy potato, colorful green chutney, crispy thin savory noodles. Try this recipe and enjoy it with your family. - 0
Arrange puris on a plate.
Put boiled potatoes, sev, curd and chutneys.
Sprinkle the chat masala and powders.
Add finely chopped onion and coriander leaves .
sprinke more sev. - 32.5287
Dahi Sev Batata Puri
These are the small puffed puris served with mashed potatoes,or boiled garbanzo beans ,green chutney,sweet and sour tamarind chutneyand its garnished with yoghurt and fine save. - 41.3518
Bhel Puri is undoubtedly a very popular North-Indian snack/appetizer. Also it is an extremely common road-side snack in Mumbai and other such Indian Metropoliton Cities. If you have all the ingredients readily available at home, then its just a matter of... - 43.5225
Bread Bhel Puri
1. Take the bread slices, remove crust and cut into small squares (croutons).
2. Heat a kadai and roast the bread pieces.
3. Place the bread pieces in a bowl. Add chopped onion, tomatoes, cucumber, half of the coriander leaves, potatoes, apples (add lemon... - 37.1851
Green Masala Fried Kingfish
Green masala fried kingfish is a spicy fish recipe. Prepared with garlic, chilies, tamarind and coconut to taste, the green masala fried kingfish is cooked in oil and is served with the chutney. - 38.9159
To make puris, sift flours with salt into a thali.
Make a well in the centre and add hot sesame seed oil.
Mix and add enough water to make a stiff dough.
Roll out thin and cut into one and a half inch rounds with a biscuit cutter and prick surface... - 45.1553
Indian Bhel Puri
Try this Indian Bhel Puri, that is a puffed rice snack with some Indian sauces. This is one of the most common street foods and is made in a different style in different parts of India. This video will show you the details of this all time classic snack. - 117.898
Cut eggs into small pieces.
Mix all the ingredients except coriander leaves.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve. - 31.0445
Wash dals and soak in water for two hours.
Roast coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, garlic, cloves and pepper corns in a frying pan using a little oil.
Add ginger and turmeric and grind to a fine paste using a little water.
Cook... - 42.8566
Veg Masala Sandwich / Indian Snacks
Learn how to make Indian style vegetarian Masala sandwiches. Pretty easy to make and taste good with tea/coffee and mint or tamarind chutney. You can adjust the spices to suit your taste. - 0
Indian Sev Puri
Indian Sev Puri is one of the most famous street food from Mumbai. Watch this video to learn the details of this delightful snack. You can create your own blend of sauces depending on your palate and make it more spicy or less spicy and enjoy! - 116.912
For Sweet Chutney:
1. Mix together khajoor, tamarind, gur and salt in 2 cups water.
2. Bring it to boil about 3-4 times.
3. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
4. Grind to paste and sieve it.
5. Add 2 cups water, Dhania-Jeera powder, red chilli powder and... - 41.3427
Quick Bhel Puri
1) Blend together all the ingredients of tikhi chutney into a smooth paste.
2) Soak tamarind and make pulp. Then, blend it with dates and other ingredients of meethi chutney into a smooth paste.
3) Make stiff dough with suji, maida and salt. Add... - 45.1144
1. In a kadai make tadka of mustard, urad dal and red chillies.
2. Then saute garlic and onions, after which add the pudina and coriander to it and roast till done.
3. Put this mixture in a mixie and grind to a coarse paste with salt and tamarind.
4. Your... - 34.4795
Crisp, crunchy sev and puri with tangy and spicy sauces create a delectable evening snack. - 43.5484
Sev Puri Snack
If you love to eat 'chaats', then you would simply love this spicy-savory snack. Crunchy, tangy, hot and sweet, this lip-smacking Indian street food is quite a breeze to make. Just gather up all the ingredients and get assembling this zesty snack at home. - 121.769
Spicy Bhel Puri
Bhel puri is to India what hamburger is to America. Spicy puffed rice tossed with veggies, crackers, spices, and tangy sauce makes for a filling, nutritious, delicious snack. Just toss up all the ingredients together to make for a lip-smacking Indian delight... - 109.544
Indian snacks served as snacks,during rainy season gives better taste and served with mint and tamarind chutney - 39.1969
Bhelpuri is a popular snack on the beaches of MUMBAI!!! - 45.3628
Moong Dal Chaat - Quick Treat For A Lazy Day
If you're in the mood to have some Indian chaat, then you must try this recipe. The chef adds various vegetables to the chaat. It's simple to make and you can add the green or tamarind chutney to give it a different taste. Do check out the video for this... - 96.4524
To make puris sift flour and salt on a thali.
Make a well in the centre and pour in hot oil.
Incorporate with flour and add water to make a pliable dough.
Knead well and roll out into a thin circle.
Cut two-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter and prick all over... - 44.2608
Easy And Quick Bhel Poori
1. Make a stiff dough. Divide into small balls and roll into thin poories. Dry in the shade. Fry in deep fat till light brown.
Mix crushed poories, puffed rice, split Bengal gram, sev and fried green gram. Put about 30 gm. of the mixture in a plate.... - 34.0944
These vadas are a vegetarian delight. A perfect snack on a rainy or cold day. A little bit tricky, but you are definitely going to enjoy this with your family and friends. - 0
Sprouts Stuffed Canapes
1. If using readymade canapes, they can be baked in a warm, pre-heated oven till light-brown and crisp.
2. Mix the onion, tomato, potatoes, half the coriander, lemon, salt and green chilli together. Chill it for some time.
3. Before servmg, fill mixture in... - 30.8747
Besan Puda / Indian Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Learn how to make Indian style pancakes using chickpea flour popularly known as besan or gram flour. These pancakes are almost like fried Indian flatbread or omelete. Great recipe for vegetarians who love chickpea (garbanzo beans) flour. - 0
Easy To Make Juicy Chicken Tikka
Traditionally, chicken pieces marinated in yogurt and a mix of spices, cooked in a clay-oven called 'Tandoor' is widely popular in many countries. This is an easy-to-cook-at-home version of the ever popular Chicken Tikka! - 0
Curried Fish In Coconut Cream
Cut fish into bite-sized squares. Sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for a minute. Heat 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a heavy frying pan, and fry the fish on both sides until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining ghee to pan, and heat. Add... - 30.7871
Kolmi Na Bhajia
1. Mash the prawns with a sharp knife, apply salt and place in a thali. Add all the ingredients and salt to taste and mix well with half a cup of water. Make a nice soft dough and roll into little balls with wet hands. If mixture is too tight add a little... - 28.1707
Ragda Patties Chowpatty Style
1. Soak the white peas overnight. Or if you are in hurry, soak them for 4 hours in hot water. Wash and add some salt and water. Pressure cook till soft.
2. Dip bread slices in water for just a moment and squeeze them to remove excess water. Mix them with... - 44.5727
1) In a bowl, combine the chickpea chips, puffed rice, noodles, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne. Mix well.
2) To the bowl, add the potato, chickpeas, onion, cilantro, and lemon zest. Toss well.
3) Just before serving, add the... - 43.7828
Homemade Tangy Mirchi Bajji
1.Filling: Grind roasted peanuts, carom seeds, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder and salt in a blender into a fine paste and set aside.
2.Batter : Mix chickpea flour, baking soda, salt, pinch of chili powder,water in a bowl and make a thick... - 0
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the brinjals lengthwise into 4-8 pieces, each as desired.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and leave aside for an hour or so.
3. Grind the tamarind in vinegar to a paste.
4. When about to fry, take the... - 48.5145
1)Soak the chick peas in water and soda overnight. Next morning, pick out chick peas.
2)In a pressure cooker, add chick peas, half of onion and garlic along with tea bag. Pour same water into it and boil for at least 20 minutes or until tender.... - 49.6164
How to make bhel puri:
• Mix the puffed rice, tomatoes, onions.
• Drain the water from the grated potatoes and mix that as well.
• Mix all the ingredients under seasoning and add to this.
• Lightly crush and add the nimkis and golgappas.
• Add... - 36.4327
Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest,coarsely.
Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
Heat oil, make pattie shaped rounds with moist palm.
Let carefully into the hot oil.... - 36.0609
Potato Cutlets / Aloo Tikki / Indian Potato
If you love potatoes, do try this Indian Potato appetizer recipe - Aloo Tikki. Easy to make these potato cutlets are a popular Indian street food. Learn how to make Aloo tikki/ Potato cutlets/ Potato Patties by watching this video. - 0
Mysore Masala Dosa - Start To Finish
Won't you like to prepare Mysore masala dosa at home and amaze your family? Watch this excellent, step-wise video that demonstrates how to make this delicious crispy dosa in your kitchen. The host here explains the recipe so well with great tips for a perfect... - 93.2462
1. Thaw the frozen puff pastry at room temperature, well in advance.
2. Cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces, slice the cabbage and cut the cauliflower in to florets.
3. Dice the onions and red pepper, set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 385... - 129.34
Saraswat Shevgyachya Fulachi Vadai Or Drumstick Flower Cutlets
Grind the soaked dal to a fine paste. Grind the masala well and mix it into the dal paste. Taste for salt.
Mix the tamarind and jaggery and add them to the dal mixture. Also add the onions and drumstick flowers. Mix well.
Wash and dry the colocasia leaves.... - 40.0112
Raw Banana And Pink Masoor Dal Gravy
• Wash the dal twice and place in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water. Add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric and chilli powders and the fresh coriander and salt. Cover and cook till the dal is tender and then pass it... - 31.9311