- » Onion Scone
Onion Scone Recipes
Enjoy our collection of onion scone recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for onion scone recipes.
While bread is a common side for soup, cheese scones with a delicious, strong cheese and a nice hint of cayenne pepper make a perfect accompaniment as well - definitely worth a try! Do give them a try! - 110.748
Sun Dried Tomato Scones
These Sun Dried Tomato Scones are a delicious treat ! I brunch on these cheese and basil tomato quickbreads whenever I'm hungry in between meals. Enjoy these Sun Dried Tomato Scones and let me know what you think about them. - 40.8582
Scones With Herbs And Parmesan
Scones With Herbs And Parmesan has a delicious taste. Scones With Herbs And Parmesan get its taste from cheese and eggs, flavored by lemon juice. Scones With Herbs And Parmesan is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 43.7524
Put the flour and salt into the processor bowl.
Cut the margarine into small pieces and add to the bowl.
Process until the mixture is like fine bread crumbs .
Add the sugar.
With the machine running, pour 5 tablespoons milk gradually through the feeder tube... - 32.1547
These tomato cones are the choice for the perfect party snack. These delicious scones are easy to make and leave no mess! - 31.5768
Sift the flour with the mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper to taste into a bowl.
Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
Stir in the milk and mix to a firm dough.
Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
Divide the... - 40.5265
Savory Butter Scones
1)In a large mixing bowl sift the self-raising flour, baking poweder and salt.
2) Add the butter in cut pieces to make the dough flakey and crumby.
3) Mix the remaining ingrediants - cheese, pimento, onion, garlic, and parsley into the mixture.
4)... - 49.3269
Savory Cheese And Scallion Scones
Preheat oven in Convection Bake to 400°F (*375°F).
rease large cookie sheet.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in feta cheese and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly. Add scallions and toss... - 34.4327
Cheese & Cumin Scones
Fry chopped onions in hot oil till pale pink and translucent.
Add the ground masala paste and fry well.
When the oil comes to the surface, put in the pork and bacon pieces and fry.
Add the bread cubes, peas, carrots, fried potatoes and green coriander.
Mix... - 39.2538
Scones With Savory Topping
To prepare scones, sift flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
Rub in butter.
Add enough milk to make a soft dough.
Place the dough in a polythene bag and chill for one hour.
To prepare filling, heat oil in a pan and fry onion.
Let it cook for... - 42.9741
Quick Scones With Savory Topping
Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Rub in the margarine.
Mix to a soft dough with the eggs and milk.
Turn on to a floured board and roll out to about 3/4-inch thick.
Cut into 8 rounds using a 3-inch cutter.
Place on a greased and floured... - 43.4977
Fresh Sage Drop Scones
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup,-level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, onions, chopped sage, and thyme. Add milk, stirring just until moist.... - 30.1272
Ham And Potato Scones
Do you want a delicious Ham And Potato Scones recipe? Treat your near and dear ones with this amazing Ham And Potato Scones as a Side Dish . The main ingredient in this recipe is Vegetable. I shall look forward to your comments on this recipe. - 46.0495
Beef Goulash With Scone Cobbler Topping
1) Cut the meat into cubes.
2) Slice the onions.
3) In a pan, heat fat and brown meat on both sides.
4) Take a casserole and put the meat with draining spoon into it.
6) In a pan fry sliced onion and put it over meat.
7) In the same... - 45.7395
Savory Drop Scones Or Pancakes
1. Into a large basin, sieve the flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
2. Mix in the chopped onion.
3. Add the egg and milk into the dry ingredients.
4. Using a wooden spoon, bind ingredients into a smooth and thick batter.
5. Heat a... - 45.0084
1) Sieve the flour into a bowl and add salt
2) Rub in the margarine
3) Add the water and milk slowly to mix and make a soft dough
4) Roll the dough to a circle about 1 inch thick and place onto a baking sheet
5) Using the hands spread out the... - 47.6591
Spicy Southwestern Scones
1. Lightly grease a large baking sheet; set aside. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, corn-meal, baking powder, chili powder, and garlic salt. With pastry blender, cut in margarine or butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl... - 30.8583
Cottage Cheese Upside Down Scone Biscuit
1) Preheat the oven to 425°C
2) Butter 8 inch sandwich tin with 1oz. of butter and line the bottom with a parchment paper.
3) In non-stick pan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
4) Place the onions in tin, spread with tomato slices on the... - 46.8603
Chicken Pot Pie With Scone Topping
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add potatoes, onion and carrots and cook, stirring constantly, for a further 7 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, then wine, stock, cream and tomato... - 36.3323
Sourdough Bread Scones
Combine dry ingredients; mix well.
Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
Add remainder of ingredients (except milk & 1/3 cup butter); mix well.
Mix in enough milk to make a soft dough.
Work up & shape into dish or pan lined with wax paper.
Bake at 460... - 37.585
Chunky Fish Pie With Cheese Scone Topping
To make the white sauce, saute the onion and celery in the butter.
Add the flour and cook for a minute or so.
Stir in the hot milk and bay leaf.
Bring to the boil and cook for several minutes.
Place the fish cubes into a deep baking-dish and add thinly sliced... - 46.9081
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the chopped bacon and onion for 5 minutes such that softened.
3. Add and fry the lamb and fry with frequent stirring such that it is browned... - 47.1203
Upside Down Beef Pie
Brown minced beef in hot fat in a saucepan over a high heat.
Add onion, celery and capsicum, reduce heat and cook until onion is soft.
Stir in tomato soup, sauce and salt.
Heat through and keep hotwhile preparing Scone dough.
Place meat mixture into a... - 42.6183
Beef Olive Pies
Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
Cut the beef into thin strips, 5 cm/2 inches long.
Remove the rind from the bacon and cut into 2.5 cm/1 inch pieces.
Melt the butter in a shallow pan.
Add the beef and bacon and fry gently for about 5 minutes, until... - 36.6692
Hot Beef Cobbler is absolutely delicious!
Try out the easy-to-prepare Hot Beef Cobbler and let me know what you feel about the recipe. - 44.29
Quick Supper Pizza
1) Preheat oven to 400 degree, Gas Mark 6.
2) In a pan, add all the ingredients including juice from tin of tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the mixture turns to a thick pulp.
3) Sift... - 47.5075
Saute the onion and bacon in the oil in a pan.
Toss the pork in seasoned flour and add to the pan.
Fry until golden.
Add the stock, tomatoes, paprika, sugar and bay leaf.
Stir well and bring to the boil.
Transfer to the Slo cooker and cook for the recommended... - 43.6386
Heat half the oil in a frying pan or casserole.
Toss the meat in the flour and fry until golden brown on a fairly high heat.
Turn down the heat, add remaining oil and vegetables, and saute gently for a few minutes.
Add the bay leaf, seasoning and stock and... - 45.2161
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F or Gas Mark 2.
2. To prepare the beef coat in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. In a flameproof casserole dish, Heat the oil add the beef and fry briskly until browned on all sides.
4. Fry... - 44.6361
Veal And Lemon Cobbler
Fry the onion in the butter and oil until soft, but not coloured, in a flameproof casserole.
Trim the veal and cut into 2-5 cm (1 in) cubes, then add to the pan and fry for about 5 minutes until well sealed.
Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute then... - 40.8456
Spring Lamb Cobbler
Trim the meat and cut into serving pieces.
Melt the fat in a flameproof casserole and fry the meat until evenly browned.
Dredge with the seasoned flour and continue to cook until flour is browned.
Gradually stir in the tomato puree and stock and bring to the... - 44.0338
Frankfurter And Bean Cobbler
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4). Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole over moderate heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and celery; fry for 2 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes.
2. Mix cornflour with white wine... - 32.0944
Chicken Pot Pie
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan and cook onion, stirring, over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes longer.
2. Add potatoes and carrots and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. Stir in flour,... - 36.2368
Smorgasbord Party Pinwheel
Butter the giant bread slice.
Blend cream cheese and Roquefort until soft; divide in half.
To one part add nuts and onion; spread this evenly over the bread and crusty edge.
Press potato flakes around the side.
Moisten remaining cheese with a little cream;... - 46.7901
Adapted from Sharp Microwave and Convection Cookbook. - 37.5218
Simmer lentils with water in a covered saucepan until tender, about 11/2hours. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Heat ghee or butter in the same saucepan and gently fry onion and garlic until golden. Add spices and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour... - 30.2603
Heat oil in pan over medium heat, saute onion until golden brown.
Add capsicum, turmeric, salt, sugar, chilli, lemon juice, stir well, cover, cook on low for 2 mins.
Sprinkle mixture with split pea flour, mix to combine, cover, cook on low for 1... - 39.9364
Egg And Chutney Slice
Rub butter into sifted flour, add enough milk to mix to a sticky dough.
Knead dough lightly on floured surface, cut in half.
Roll out half the dough large enough to cover base of greased swiss roll tin (base measures 25cm x 30cm).
Spread with Filling, cover... - 38.8809
Trim slices of steak into neat portions.
Melt butter in a heavy frying pan, add steak and sear over a high heat for 1 minute on each side, reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 4-5 minutes on each side—a little longer if steak is preferred medium... - 35.8089
Put the bacon in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring slowly to the boil. Simmer for about 1 hour 35 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut into cubes. Meanwhile, cook the carrots in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.... - 30.8512
Fundy Bay Pork And Clam Chowder
Combine marinade ingredients.
Marinate pork, refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
Drain pork well.
In large heavy pan, heat oil; brown pork.
Add onions, green pepper and garlic.
Saute until softened.
Add tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato paste, thyme, cayenne,... - 47.2871
Bubble & Squeak Croquettes
1. Melt the butter in a pan, then fry the onions and bacon together for 10 mins until the onions are soft and bacon has started to colour. Add the cabbage or sprouts to the pan with a good grinding of black pepper. Stir well, then add a splash of water and... - 35.2773
Onion Scone Recipes By Category