- » Onion Sambar
Onion Sambar Recipes
Onion sambar is made of the shallot variety of onions, which originated somewhere between Central and Southwest Asia. Onion sambar, however, is a popular and tasty South Indian dish, served with rice and is popular ... More »
Sambar With Sambar Powder
1. Cook the washed pigeon peas with turmeric powder in 3 cups water.
2. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water.
3. Cook vegetables in 2 cups water. When the vegetables are cooked, strain and pour in the tamarind extract and the sambar powder.
4. Allow it to boil for... - 42.54
Pressure Cook dal, Tomato, Onion Pieces, Turmeric, Hing, Sambar Powder.
In a Kadai,heat oil temper with Mustard seeds, Curry leaves. Add Drumstick and fry for a minute.
Pour 1/4 glass of water and cook till the Drumstick is cooked.
Now add Tamarind pulp or... - 43.2259
An easy sambhar recipe that is sure to make cooking this popular South Indian dish very simple. Sambhar is a combination of lentils and vegetables cooked with the traditional Indian condiments and spices. The sambhar is the perfect accompaniment for your... - 101.279
1. Boil dal. Add vegetables cut into even sized pieces, and powdered spices, and cook till vegetables are tender.
2. Add tamarind juice extracted in a cup of hot water. Bring to boil. Test for seasoning and remove.
3. Heat clarified butter in a frypan. Add... - 39.9197
1. Roast coriander seeds, fenugreek, cumin, red chillies, Bengal gram and black gram.
2. Grate coconut. Roast and grind to a fine paste with the Toasted masala.
3. Clean and wash red gram. Boil till soft.
4. Add cut and prepared vegetables and spices;... - 43.3269
1. On a chopping board cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. In a pan add urad dal, pour in hot water, salt, turmeric powder and let it simmer for 12 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Partially cook the... - 90.5556
Boil veggies of your choice a keep aside.
Pressure cook Toor Dal, tomatoes green chillies & oniond for up to 4 whistles
Soak handful Tamarind in 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
Heat 1 tbs oil in a deep vessel. Add the boiled veggies & saute for a min
Add the... - 38.4876
Cook Tur Dal in two cups of water, when half cooked add pieces of drumstick, potato, brinjal, lady's finger, onion, tomato pieces, and salt. Cook till dal is very soft. Dissolve sambar masala in little water and add it to the cooked vegetables. Take the pulp... - 36.789
Sambar - My Way
This South – Indian side dish goes well with anything – idli, dosa, vada, rice or Upma. This time I served sambar with Medu Vada. - 0
Moong Dal Sambar
This Sambaar is a very good combination for idly, dosa and chapatti and puri. The same method can be done with masoor dal also. You can add any vegetables of your choice too like carrot, beans, cabbage. - 45.9231
Kerala Sambar is different from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states. Kerala Sambar is made using a mixture of different vegetables whereas the other sambhar is made using a single vegetable.
It is an excellent curry with rice or with... - 56.0353
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201
An Easy Way To Make Sambar
Sambar is an all time favorite South Indian Dish. This can be serve with breakfast as well as with rice. It is very versatile as the ingredients that are added depends upon individual preference and that is the reason why sambar tastes different each time it... - 0
Idli Sambar With Chutney
1. Soak Urad Dal (skin removed black gram) and rice separately in the morning and grind it together to make a paste at night.
2. Mix it thoroughly, adding salt and water.
3. This mixture should be of a thick pouring consistency.
4. Keep the mixture in... - 49.064
If you visit any popular Tamil vegetarian restaurants, sambar idli will be one of the dishes served for breakfast or will be served from evening onwards. It is nothing but idlis floating in sambar. It is sometimes called 14 idlis in restaurant menus where 14... - 0
Sambhariya Bheeda ( Lady Fingers Cooked In Sambar Masala )
1. Wash the lady fingers. Top and tail them. Cut into one inch pieces. Apply salt and set aside.
2. Place the chopped onions in a vessel alongwith half a cup of oil. Cook over a medium flame till pale brown in colour. Toss in all the spices and the coconut... - 29.9191
1. Wash gram and boil in water with turmeric powder.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks and ladies fingers into even-sized pieces; slice onions.
3. When gram is cooked add vegetables.
4. Lightly fry in a little oil, coriander seeds, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 45.2065
Wash the toor dhaal, place in a heavy-based saucepan and add the ground coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, fenugreek and water.
Cover the pan and cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent it overflowing.
Once the toor dhaal is... - 46.8558
Put the dal into the cooker with the curry leaves, turmeric and salt.
Close the cooker.
Let it come to maximum pressure.
After it whistles, turn down the heat and cook 12 minutes.
Let the pressure reduce on its own.
Open the cooker, stir the dal and check... - 43.534
Sambmar is very common south indian dish. The drumsticks and peppercorns gives the Sambmar a divine taste. Must catch it. - 44.791
Superb Murungakkai Sambar
Sambar!! Whoever created this versatile dish! This is such a popular dish in South India that it can be used as an accompaniment for anything. South Indians have sambar with rice, idli, dosa, upma, vada, and the list goes on. Preparing this is pretty easy,... - 0
Drumstick Leaves Sambar
Drumstick leaves sambar is very tasty and healthy too. Drumstick leaves are rich in iron and vitamins which is essential for health. - 43.8768
Toor Dal Sambar
This sambaar can be had with plain wihite rice or any pongal varieties. - 37.0138
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 37.8581
Sambar (south Indian)
1 For the sambar powder: in a grinder jar, combine 4 tbsps coriander seeds, 12 black peppercorns, 6 whole red chillies and 1/2 fresh coconut; grind until powdered.
2 In two bowls, soak tamarind and kukum separately.
3 In a pan, cook arhar dal... - 46.6211
1. Pressure cook dal and mash well.
2. Dice tomatoes, kohlrabi, chayote, potato,onion, tomato, carrot, radish and beans and pressure cook.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
4. When they splutter lower the heat and add cumin seeds.... - 49.0088
Low-calorie, Low-fat, Low-sodium Drumstick Leaves Sambar
The main ingredients in this dish that influence its nutritional profile include –
• Red gram dhal that forms a good source of protein in any meal, especially for vegetarians.
• Drumstick leaves which are an exceptional source of iron, calcium and... - 0
Low Calorie Low Fat Drumstick Leaves Sambar
This recipe is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, savory, tangy and simply awakens the taste buds with every spoonful.
The main ingredients in this dish that influence its nutritional profile include –
• Red gram dhal that forms a good source of... - 0
Varuthu Aracha Sambar
You can guess the name of the dish just by looking at it. This varuthu aracha sambar is a popular sambar variety. It is also called idi sambar. It is a very flavorful dish that you can try, whenever you want a variation from the regular sambar. - 0
Special Kerala-style Sambar
Someone who is not from Kerala is sure to ask “What is so special about Kerala Sambar?” The answer you are likely to get from someone who is from Kerala is “It’s different from the from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states.”... - 110.501
This is another type of sambar for you to try. The vegetables used to make this adds to the nutrition content. So make this dish as a variation to the regular sambar. - 0
Palakkadan Style Sambar
1. To save cooking time, soak dal in water for about ½ an hour and then pressure cook it for about 3 whistles, along with chopped onions, potatoes and turmeric powder. Once done, let it cool naturally.
2. Heat a pan and put about 2-3 tbsp. of... - 32.7488
This is a type of sambar used for breakfast. It is prepared to be eaten along with idli or dosa and is made with green gram. Green gram is rich in dietary fiber and protein. Fiber is essential to help the digestive system function well and protein is... - 0
Traditional South Indian Dishes - Sambar
Make simple instant sambar that goes well with most South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli, Vada and Dosa. It is also a traditional accompaniment in a complete south indian meal to steamed rice.
Sambar is a vegetable stew or chowder based on a broth made... - 0
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
1. In a pan, heat oil, fry green chili, red chili, chopped onions until light brown.
2. Add garam masala, sambar powder, salt, tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes continously.
3. Add 1/2 cup water, grated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually... - 82.6909
Onion Cheese Dosa
An exotic dosa from Alka's kitchen. Serve this dosa with hot piping Sambar and coconut chutney and enjoy the praises. - 0
Uttapam With Onion
SAMBAR MASALA :
1. Dry roast the masalas separately.
2. Roast the dal until it gives a cooked aroma and turns slightly brown. Remove it.
3. Then stir in red dry chillies and allow them to turn deep red.
4. Mix all these roasted items, allow them to cool and... - 41.9847
Keerai Poriyal - Fried Spinach
1. For rough spinach leaves, microwave it in the oven for 3 minutes, under 50% power.
2. On a chopping board, chop all the microwaved spinach leaves.
3. In a pan, heat butter, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies,... - 94.5003
Cabbage Thoran For Sandya
Cabbage Thoran is a classic dish delicately spiced with the traditional Kerala flavors of coconut, garlic, chili and cumin seeds. There are many different ways of preparing a thoran. Some use onions while others use shallots. Watch this video to learn how to... - 105.403
1. Heat oil in pan, saute onion till transparent, add sambar sauce, salt, chilli, garam masala, sugar, stir on high for 2mins. Add capsicum, stir for 1 min, cover, cook on low till capsicum is just tender, adjust salt and chilli to taste. Serve hot garnished... - 28.6144
Quick Puli Kuzhambu
This is really a yummy spicy puzhi kulambu. A word of caution, it does contain a lot of oil. We need to add this much oil for it to taste good. So people who are diabetic, you may want to reduce your portion. - 0
1. Wash and drain rice. Keep aside.
2. In heavy based medium saucepan, heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, as they pop, add onion, saute till transparent, add Sambar sauce, rice.
3. Stir on high for 2 mins. Add salt and 3 cups boiling water, stir, bring to... - 39.3877
Often called as doshas, these crispy, wafer thin golden beauties are as much a treat to eyes as they are for palate! Easy to make and less guilty to binge, dosa is one of the most loved breakfast items at my home. Have it with coconut or onion chutneys,... - 35.0308
Mushroom Curry With Coconut
Heat oil in a broad vessel,add onion and fry till they turn to brown colour.
Add mushroom and allow them to cook.
When mushroom is cooked and water absorved .
Add tomatoes and fry till they become mashy.Keep on stiring.
Add grinded masala,salt water and... - 43.731
1. Wash and cut the mutton into large pieces. Cut the vegetables and chop half the onion.
2. Pick and wash all the pulses.
3. Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
4. Roast and grind red chillies, cumin, and coconut to a fine paste.
5. Grind... - 41.9655
Bisi Bele Bath
A southern salute to the republic of India with this traditional and authentic Bisi Bele Bath. The recipe is simple, delicious and combines various flavors together just like our Country. - 0
1. Soak the tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and take out the pulp (you should be able to get 2 cups of tamarind water from this).
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add toor dal in 1 cup of water and microwave it for 3 minutes.
3. In a... - 81.9516
Masala Bhindi is Okra cooked in flavorful Indian spices that makes it taste heavenly.People think that cooking Okra is tough because of its stickiness but if you follow these steps and make this curry, you will start loving to cook the okra curries. - 0
Raw Banana Curry
1: Remove the skin of bananas
2:Chopped tha bananas in to small thick pieces.
3:Heat the oil in pan and mustards seeds and hing in it.
4:When seeds start Pop add Curry Leaves,Onion and fry till golden brown.
5:Then add finely chopped tomato and fry till... - 44.0842
Masoor Ma Gos
1. Wash the mutton thoroughly and marinate in salt and ginger-garlic paste. Wash the masoor. Place both into a pressure cooker with 6 cups of water along with the green chillies, turmeric and chilli powders. Cook till the mutton is soft and tender.
2. Place... - 29.3202
first chop brinjal and keep inside the water.keep a bowl on gas when it is heat put mustard allow till it splutter,then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it changes its colour to brown,then add chopped methi leaves fry till it becomes soft,now add ginger... - 22.8509
Moong Ki Hari Dal With Brinjal Curry
In a pressure cooker put oil,then add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it turns to golden brown.
Now add methi leaves and fry till it becomes soft
Add brinjal,aloo tomato and fry till tomato becomes mashy and brinjal... - 48.1544
In a pressure Cooker put oil.
When it is hot,add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Add onion and fry till brown colour.
Then add tomato, Toovar Lilva and fry till they become mashy.
Now add grinded masala,salt ,water little and stir for sec.
Now allow bubbles... - 48.268
Indian Style Brinjal Curry
In a pan add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop up
Now add curry leaves, onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add methi leaves and fry till they become soft.
Add ginger and garlic paste,brinjal and fry till they are cooked.
Now add tomato and... - 48.4216
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 44.7256
Dal With Ridge Gourd
Cook dal with onion,tomato,garlic,(Wash n cut the ridge gourd into small pieces)ridge groud,haldi,water in a cooker take it out when it comes 2 whistle.allow to cool.
Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing,red chillies(broken), green... - 37.8579
First wash tindora and chop long shape or round shape and keep aside
Put Oil in a Kadai when it is hot add mustard,jeera allow to splutter.
Then add Onion ,curry leaves and fry onion till golden brown,
Add tomato fry till they become soft,then add... - 42.8125
Dal With Dill Leaves
Cook dal,onion,tomato,dill leaves,garlic,haldi,water in a cooker and remove it after it come 2 whistle and allow to become cool.
Then in a pan add oil.
Add mustard seeds,when it pops add jeera,hing,curry leaves,cooked dal,sambar powder, salt,tamarind juice... - 38.321
A really mouth-watering breakfast dish made from semolina, which provides carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. It is very filling and is great to be made on holidays. - 0
Lal Rajma Nl Dar ( Rajma Dal )
1. Soak the rajma beans overnight. This makes them swell and they are easier to cook. Wash twice the next morning.
2. Place the rajma in a pressure cooker along with the turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and five cups of water. Add salt to taste and cook... - 27.0573
Dry Mushroom Curry
Cut and wash mushroom and aloo and keep aside.
Wash methi leaves and finely chop and keep aside.
In a pan put oil,mustard seeds ,onion and fry till brown colour.
Add methi leaves and fry till soft.
Now add ginger and garlic paste,tomato,mushroom,aloo,water... - 47.5849
Chickpeas Curry - Sundal Kolambu
1.Soak white chick peas in enough water overnight.
2. Into a round pan transfer the soaked chick peas, add salt and let it boil for 12 minutes.
3. In a hot pan, add butter, oil, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, garlic,... - 104.095
Chettinad Muttai Kuzhambu (chettinad Egg Curry)
Different types of egg curry is made in chettinad. Mostly if it is for lunch poondu vengaya kuzhambu is made and egg is added in the end. In this curry egg will get the hot and sour taste of the gravy. - 53.5224
This pachadi is a nice way of adding okra to your diet, apart from the poriyal. Okra is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, and fiber. You can make this as a second vegetable side dish for your lunch. - 0
Spicy Brinjal Curry
1. Melt the tamrind paste in warm water for 30 mins.
2. Microwave drum sticks with a pinch of salt and little water for 30-60 seconds and set aside.
3. For the spicy curry sauce: Heat oil in a pan, add channa daal, urad daal and stir.
4.... - 98.0403
Pidi Karunai Masiyal
Yam is rich in potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, all of which are necessary for your body to function well. If you have been avoiding this veggie all this while, I encourage you to try this. This is a very nice recipe and tastes very different. - 0
Vellai kari - Does the name sound different? Well, to clear any confusion, this dish does not contain any meat, as we call meat as kari in tamil. Rather, this is a different type of sambar, but called as vellai kari. Add this to your sambar recipes and try... - 0
Bitter Gourd Curry
Chop the Bitter Groud and wash it and keep aside.
In a pan add Oil when it is hot add Mustard seeds.
Allow to pop,Then add curry Leaves and fry for sec.
Add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add Tomato and bitter groud,water and cook till tomato become... - 44.5767
Kaccha Tambota Ma Vengna ( Brinjals Cooked With Raw Tomatoes )
1. Place brinjal pieces in salted water. Wash tomatoes and cut each into four pieces. Place onions with two tablespoons oil in a pan. Cook over a low fire till onions are pink. Add brinjal pieces, cover and cook for two minutes. Add tomatoes alongwith half... - 26.2294
Methi Brinjal Curry
In a pan put oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to splutter,
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till onion turns to brown colour.
Then add methi leaves and fry till it becomes mashy.
Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Then... - 47.2871
Take a pan add oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop.
Now add curry leaves,fry for sec.
Add onion fry till it changes to brown.
Then add tomato and fry till it become mashy.
Then add pumpkin and water ,allow to cook (but take care it shouldn't... - 47.7433
Broccoli And Aloo Curry
first wash Brocoli and aloo and keep aside.
In a pan add oil.when it is hot,
Add jeera,allow to pop up.
Now add onion and fry till brown colour.
Then add ginger garlic paste,tomato and fry till they become mashy
Add Brocoli and Aloo and allow them to cook... - 48.0251
Toor Dal Palak Curry
Pressure cook DAL with 1 cup of water,1teasppon Oil,1teaspoon haldi,cool and mash well, and keep aside
Heat oil in a broad vessel.Add green chillies,tomato,chopped palak and fry well.
Add chilli pd cumin pd and 1,4 cup of water,cook the palak well.
Add mashed... - 42.1168
Adai is a high calorie dish, with the oil and rice used to prepare this. However, it also contains rich amounts of protein, potassium, and fiber from the toor dal. Urad dal is also rich in iron, magnesium, and fiber. So this can be a very healthy dish if you... - 0
This is a nutritious vegetable dish, with the slight variation to the regular aviyal. All vegetables have enough vitamins and minerals needed for your body, and this mixed vegetable dish gives you a good dose of the same. It is a fairly simple recipe to cook... - 0
If you like vazhakkai, you will like this recipe. Plantains are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and fiber. Oil makes this recipe taste better, so if you want more taste, add little more oil than mentioned. If you are health conscious, do the reverse! - 0
Tondli Bhaat a famous Maharashtrian dish.You can also prepare stuffed tondli.It is also used in sambar,a vegetable and lentil-based soup. - 0
Mix all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl.
Divide into six equal portions.
Prepare dough using all ingredients.
Roll it into small size chapattis. Fill it with one teaspoon filling.
Shape it into a potli, tie it up with thin strips of dough and... - 31.321
Brussel Sprouts Stew
1. Wash and Clean Brussel Sprouts and make slits and Steam Cook.
2. Apply the Grinded Paste inside the slit and out side and keep for 20 minutes.
3. In another vessel, pour the Coconut Milk,sambar Powder ,remaining Grindedpaste, salt and keep it aside.
4.... - 42.6934
Avarakkai, also known as broad bean or hyacinth bean, is usually made as a poriyal. It is a common vegetable dish served along with rice. It is a rich source of iron and magnesium, which are crucial nutrients for the body. Iron helps increase the hemoglobin... - 0
Avarakkai Poriyal - 2
Broad beans are rich in protein and contain other vitamins and minerals required by your body. You can make this vegetable regularly as a side dish for lunch to obtain all its goodness. - 0
Easy Beans Toran
Toran is a traditional stir fried Kerala dish and is prepared using numerous vegetables. Beans are low in calorie, rich in protein and other nutrients like iron, and dietary fiber. It is normally served with rasam or sambar. - 0
This is a very common South Indian dish that is liked all over the world. It is delicious as it has the potato filling in it and is served usually with chutney and sambar. - 0
Mysore Masala Dosa - Start To Finish
Won't you like to prepare Mysore masala dosa at home and amaze your family? Watch this excellent, step-wise video that demonstrates how to make this delicious crispy dosa in your kitchen. The host here explains the recipe so well with great tips for a perfect... - 93.2462
Spinach - the healthy, nutritious, green leaf is a part of almost every cuisine. You can try out so many dishes with Spinach starting from Simple Spinach Saute to the famous Dal Palak Curry.
Spinach Rice or Keerai Sadham is a Variety Rice Dish made by... - 52.433
Tasty Healthy Uttapams For Kids And Adults
Fermented food is very healthy. Hence Uttapan comes under the same category, especially because it is topped with vegetables. This is a very tasty way of feeding the kids with vegetables and they will happily devour them. With no oil being used here, it is... - 0
Ravva Idli / Sooji Idli - South Indian Breakfast / Snack
Idlis are traditionally made from naturally fermented batter. This ravva Idli in contrast is a quick version which can be made under 30 mins. Because of the flavorful seasoning that goes inside the batter, they taste absolutely delicious. Serve them with the... - 0
In a pressure cooker put washed toordal,onion(1),aloo,haldi,water and boil till 2 whistle comes and keep aside to become cool.
In a pan put oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop.
Then add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add methi... - 46.5202
Molake Hesaru Kalina Bassaru
In a Kadai put oil when it is hot add mustard seeds allow to pop and add curry leaves and fry for sec.
Then add Grinded Masala,Salt,Water and allow to cook.
When bubbles starts ro come taste it.
Transfer to a Serving Bowl and Garnish with finely chopped... - 38.9336
Masala Dosa- South Indian Delicacy
The ubiquitous south Indian dish, masala dosa is dubbed as an all day fare. Serve it up with some steaming sambar or coconut chutney and it never fails to impress. - 0
Cluster Beans Curry
Frist wash and chopp finely Cluster Beans and keep aside.
Now in a kadai put Oil,when it is hot add Mustard seeds allow to splutter.
Then add Onion fry till golden brown.
Add tomato ,Cluster Beans and fry till tomato is soft and Cluster Beans are well... - 45.8336
In a Pan put oil when it is hot.
Add mustard seeds and onion and fry till it changes to brown colour.
Add tomato,mushroom and fry till it become mashy.
Add grinded masala and till raw smell goes.
Then add salt,water and keep it in low flame and allow bubbles... - 41.2597
In a pan put oil,when it is hot.
Add onion and fry till it turns to golden brown.
Then add eggs and tomato and fry till become mash.
Now add grind masala,garam masala,salt,water(little) and allow bubbles to come.
When it is completely cooked pour to serving... - 44.1438
Onion Sambar Recipes By Category