- » Onion Rice
Onion Rice Recipes
Onion rice is a special preparation of rice but it can be cooked as simple onion rice or spiced up with roasted onions and a variety of spices. Simple onion rice can be cooked with finely chopped and fried onions and ... More »
Savory Onion Rice
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while, until the onion starts to brown.
3) Mix in the cardamom pods, then add the stock and 1 1/4 cups water.
4) Allow the liquid... - 38.4854
Quick Onion Rice
1. Into a medium size saucepan, empty the broth can and measure and add water.
2. Place pan on medium high heat and bring liquid to a boil.
3. Add rice and bring to a boil again, stirring to prevent the grains from sticking to the pan.
4. Cover pan... - 31.3978
Green Onion Rice
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine leeks and oil and stir to coat; microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
2. Stir in rice and broth; cover and microwave on High for 10 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes.
3. Add... - 30.4936
You May Also Like!
Brown Rice And Onions
Heat chicken broth, onion and margarine to boiling in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in rice.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir.
Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff rice lightly with fork. - 29.6614
Mixed Grain Rice With Green Onion
Pour vegetable stock in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add rice and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook 45 minutes over low heat.
Remove from heat and let stand 6 minutes.
Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add green onions and... - 21.2925
Rice Stuffed Onions
Rice stuffed onions is an exotic dish inspired by the middle eastern stuffed wine leaves recipe. It looks great and tastes divine with it's exquisite taste of spices and the unique cooking method which does not allow any flavor or aroma to move out. Watch the... - 114.088
Cooking Leftover Rice
Holidays can mean huge pile of leftover rice. If you too got a huge bowl of rice left from last night's dinner, then this recipe should bail you out. Flavorful, filling and loaded with a gamut of lip-smacking ingredients, this rice recipe makes for a... - 72.1009
Onion Brown Rice With Carrots
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
Add rice, butter or margarine, salt, carrots and sliced onion.
Stir and cover tightly.
Cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 50 minutes.
Stir in cashews, orange-juice concentrate and green onions. - 33.7925
Fried Rice With Egg And Green Onion
Scramble eggs slightly in 1 tablespoon oil.
Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil and add green onion, mixing a few times.
Add rice and fry a few minutes, mixing well.
Add sugar and soy sauce.
Stir well, then add eggs, breaking... - 36.5512
In heavy-duty medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook rice, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
Slowly add 1 cup boiling water and onion soup mix, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until water is... - 21.9533
Bacon And Onion Fried Rice
1. Dice the bacon and fry in its own fat in s skillet till crisp brown; remove from the pan and set aside
2. Add cooked rice to the drippings and fry for five minutes stirring all the while so that it doesn't stick; add to the bacon
3. Add eggs into... - 33.2847
Wild Onions With Wild Rice
1. Allow water to come to a boil, add salt and rice. Cook, covered and unstirred, for 40 minutes or till rice is tender.
2. Add butter to a medium-heavy frying pan and melt on medium heat. Sauté wild onions, shallots and garlic for 4 minutes stirring... - 40.1213
Curried Rice And Onions
Peel and slice the onions 1/4" thick; cook in 1/2" boiling water until tender, then drain.
Combine the remaining ingredients with the onions, and heat well. - 21.0345
Rice And Onion Torta
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice, cover tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large frying pan, melt butter in 1 tablespoon olive... - 31.5336
Fried Rice With Onion
1. Slice onions.
2. Clean and soak rice.
3. Heat fat. Fry onions till crisp and golden, and remove.
4. Fry whole garam masala; when it crackles, add rice and fry.
5. Add hot water in the proportion 1 : 2 and salt. When rice is cooked, finish off either in the... - 36.9818
Creamed Onions In Wild Rice Ring
Generously butter a 6-cup ring mold.
Cook contents of rice and seasoning packets with water and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine according to package directions.
In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
Blend in flour and salt.
Add milk and half and... - 38.6127
Onion Rice Recipes By Category