- » Olan
Enjoy our collection of olan recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for olan recipes.
Olan is yet another lip-smacking side dish from the cuisine of Kerala, India. It gets the great taste from coconut mixed with pumpkin and beans. This is a traditional Onam recipe which is served as part of sadhya, the festive meal. - 46.6059
1. Peel and cut ash gourd into cubes.
2. Boil the ash gourd with chillies, curry leaves and onions, salt and powdered cumin.
3. Soak beans overnight. Boil till tender.
4. Scrape coconut and extract milk.
5. Add cooked beans and coconut milk to ash gourd.... - 41.3815
1. Pressure cook the black-eyed beans in 1 1/2 cups water and keep aside.
2. Cook the ash gourd with green chillies, salt and 1 cup water.
3. Add the cooked beans and allow to simmer for a while. Add coconut milk and curry leaves. Remove from heat.
4. Finally... - 35.6224