- » Okra Appetizer
Okra Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of okra appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for okra appetizer recipes.
Southern Style Baked Okra And Cherry Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In the bottom of a cast iron skillet or 8-9” baking dish drizzle a little of the olive oil.
3. Add okra, tomatoes, garlic and dill.
4. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and crushed red chili... - 117.385
Grilled Okra With Remoulade Sauce
Chef Lisa demonstrates how to grill okra at the Newark Natural Foods Farmers Market. Think you don't like okra? Try it grilled! It's delicious. Served with a spiced mayonnaise for dipping. It's easy...enjoy! - 113.668
African Egusi - Part 2 -finishing
This is the Part 2 of a 2 part video series. This video shows you how to finish the soup and it tastes good when done. Watch and learn, folk. Serve and enjoy! - 75.9113
African Egusi - Part 1 -preparation
This is the Part 1 of a 2 part video series. In this video, you will learn about the ingredients required to make this hearty African Egusi. This soup is a complete meal by itself; and it can double up as a great feast with some bread, or rice, or with some... - 69.493
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Thaw frozen seafood.
In 3-quart casserole, combine butter, onions, celery, garlic, okra and seasonings.
MICROWAVE 2 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until celery is tender, stir once or twice.
Add shrimp, crab meat and tomatoes.
MICROWAVE 8 to 12... - 46.7765
Sausage And Okra Soup
1) In a heavy Dutch oven add oil to brown sausages.
2) Drain off the dripping and reserve it.
3) Pour in oil to combine with drippings for making 3 tablespoons.
4) Add flour to the mixture and stir to make a smooth consistency.
5) Cook for a minute... - 46.5088
Erik's Okra Soup
1) Take the okras and cut them into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
2) Take the broth, ham, chicken, thyme, bay leaf, chili pepper, onion, celery and tomato in a pan.
3) Boil them on low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Take the okras pieces and saute... - 46.4297
Deep Fried Okra
Deep Fried Okra is an easy to make and delicious recipe. Deep Fried Okra can be served as an appetizer for your parties. The ingredients for this dish are easily available and Deep Fried Okra can be prepared in a jiffy. Do try this simple recipe at home and... - 46.1099
1) Wash okra thoroughly in cold water and drain onto paper towels and pat dry.
2) Snap or cut off tip and stem ends, then cut okra crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
3) Sift together cornmeal, flour and salt and keep the cornmeal mixture... - 45.3809
Tomato Okra Soup
1. Heat half the butter. Brown rice to golden brown.
2. Add stock. Bring to boil.
3. Chop celery, capsicum (with seeds removed and washed thoroughly) and onion.
4. Blanch and mash tomatoes.
5. Slice ladies fingers into roundels.
6. Heat remaining butter. Fry... - 44.9602
Okra Soup Or Armenian Stew
Trim the okra and set aside.
Saute the meat in the heated oil for about ten minutes.
Add the water and salt.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered about forty-five minutes.
Skim the froth as it rises to the surface.
Add the green... - 44.4185
Bean And Okra Stew
1. Wash and dry the okra
2. Cut off the stems without damaging the okra or breaking the skin of the pods
3. Set aside
4. In a large pan, heat the oil in a sauté pan
5. Stir-fry the okra and the onions for five minutes
6. Add the... - 42.1748
Ham, Beans & Okra Soup
In deep kettle, brown meat in butter.
Add tomatoes and okra.
Cover with boiling water and simmer, covered, over medium heat for 1 hour.
Then add 4 cups boiling water.
Bring to boiling point.
Lower heat and simmer, covered, stirring frequently.
Skim soup as it... - 42.1258
Okra With Cheese
1)Wash and drain okra. Cut tips and ends and slice into ½ inch size pieces.
2)In a bowl, mix flour and paprika.
3)In another small bowl, beat 2 eggs.
4)Dip each slice of okra in beaten egg, followed by flour mixture.
5)Deep fry until golden brown and... - 39.7164
Heat oil in heavy skillet or saucepan.
Add sprouts, okra and chives.
Saute for 10 minutes until okra is tender.
Add salt, then gradually add flour and stir until well blended with the vegetables.
Add stock and stir until mixture is slightly thick.
Add red... - 38.3253
Meatball Okra Stew
Here is a Meatball Okra Stew recipe that is sure to get you hooked to it!. This Meatball Okra Stew as an Appetizer is a winner! The Meatball Okra Stew is a glorious invention of the Asian cuisine. I prepare this Meatball Okra Stew with beef as the main... - 38.1962
Braised Okra With Chillies
Braised Okra With Chilies has a lovely taste. Braised Okra With Chilies gets its taste from Okra mixed with chili powder and coconut. Braised Okra With Chilies is cherished by food lovers. - 38.1493
Spicy Fried Okra
Spicy Fried Okra has a fine taste. Spicy Fried Okra gets its taste from okra mixed with garam masala and flavored with spices. Spicy Fried Okra is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 38.014
Ham And Pickled Okra Wheels
Ham and Pickled Okra Wheels is the best bet as an appetizer. The pickled okra lends an exotic flavor to the ham rolls. I am sure that you will love this ham and pickled okra wheels recipe. - 37.6451
Okra soup packs in the richness of beef stew meat, frozen okra and seasonings. This okra soup is pretty easy to prepare too. Just check out the recipe of the rich tasting and flavorsome okra soup. - 36.8501
Minestra Di Polio Con Okra
Minestra Di Polio Con Okra is a sumptuous soup. I often serve this soup for dinner parties at home. Try this brilliant recipe for Minestra Di Polio Con Okra. - 36.798
Chicken Okra Gumbo
1. Heat the butter in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven, add the chicken and ham and cook, covered, about ten minutes.
2. Add the onion, red pepper, thyme and solid part of the tomatoes, reserving the juice. Simmer a few minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the okra... - 36.7072
Fresh Okra Soup
Fresh Okra Soup is a wonderfully delicious soup that is sure to entice your taste buds. I served this soup for a get together with my friends at home. They loved it and have been haunting me for this Fresh Okra Soup ever since. Try it out! - 36.4827
Chicken Gumbo With Okra
Place chicken in 5-quart Dutch oven.
Add water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer till barely tender, about 2 hours.
Remove chicken; reserve 4 cups broth.
When cool enough to handle, cut chicken from bones; cube meat.
Skim... - 36.3271
Country Barley Corn And Okra
Who ever thought of Country Barley Corn And Okra. Here, is an awesome way in which you can prepare delicious Country Barley Corn And Okra. Nice to taste! - 34.6765
Okra And Bean Stew
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, chilies and onions and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until onions are soft and golden.
2. Add okra, eggplant, tomatoes, beans, tofu, wine and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce... - 34.6086
Combine all ingredients except tomato puree in saucepan and cook for 25 minutes.
Add tomato puree.
Heat and serve.
Divide evenly. - 34.5611
Clear Soup With Chicken And Okra
1. Cut chicken diagonally into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with a pinch salt and 1 tsp sake. Coat chicken with cornstarch. Cook in boiling water until it floats to top (3-4 minutes). Remove and cool in pan of cold water. Drain.
2. Cut "caps" off okra and... - 30.0409
Juice from cooked cabbage, collards, or greens may be added.
Dump all together in deep cooker.
When it begins to boil, turn to simmer and let it simmer for one hour or longer. - 29.3662
Hearts Of Palm Okra Salad
Cover okra and hearts of palm with French dressing; chill for several hours.
Drain okra mixture; arrange on lettuce.
Sprinkle with lemon juice; serve with mayonnaise.
Garnish with pimento or green peppers, if desired. - 28.2427
Saute bacon, add onion and brown.
Add frozen okra and stewed tomatoes.
Cook over low heat until okra is tender.
Season to taste. - 27.3644