- » Oil
Enjoy our collection of Oil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Oil recipes.
Dandelions With Olive Oil
Who would have thought that dandelions make a great side! Besides being delicious, dandelions are also filled with vitamins and minerals. A super simple recipe that’s ready in only minutes. - 120.511
Mahi Poached In Flavored Oil
If you wish to get perfect flavor in your food without any of the spices over powering the food, try poaching. Here is a quick recipe from a chef who shows how good a fish can be when poached. - 111.791
Tombo Tuna Poached In Olive Oil
Most of us associate the word “poaching” with gently simmering tender fish in stock or wine. Learn a new culinary technique with Chef John, as he teaches us a restaurant-style method of poaching tuna in herb and garlic infused olive oil. This oil cooked... - 100.432
Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to make an herb-infused olive oil. - 97.4518
Sassy Oil On The Beach Cocktail
Finally, a cocktail that symbolizes today's time and age, this cocktail has Jagermeister, whiskey and peach schnapps as the main ingredients with a dash and splash of cranberry juice and ginger ale. A fun drink for anyone who loves to get sloshed. Stream the... - 97.2485
Chili Garlic Infused Olive Oil
Many gourmet Italian cookbooks call for garlic and chili infused olive oil. Watch this video to learn how to avoid the heavy price tagged and unhealthy processed commercial flavored olive oils and make this simple and delicious garlic chili olive oil at home.... - 95.8227
Garlic Herb Olive Oil Infusion
Olive oil contains a distinct intrinsic flavor, yet it can be infused with other desired flavors. Here is a video showing how to infuse olive oil with flavors of fresh herbs and garlic. Great to use in recipes! - 89.623
Barlean's Organic Oils - Sauces & Dressings
Flaxseed oil is not only good for your health, but for your taste buds too. Bursting with health benefits, flaxseed makes for a yummy addition to sauces and dressings. Apart from being low in transfats, this nutritious, flavorful oil is a great way to jazz up... - 68.7882
How about trying some authentic Puerto Rican food? For a nice flavored yellow rice you would want to use annatto oil or achiote oil! Want to give it a go with this oil, then check out this video! - 67.2792
Roasted Peppers In Oil
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place the peppers on a cookie sheet.
3. Place then under the boiler and roast for about 30 minutes turning them frequently until the skin is evenly blistered and charred.
4. Remove from under the broiler and... - 44.7902
1) Mix sugar with 250 grams of water and make a thin syrup. Add lime juice and strain it. Keep aside overnight.
1) Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and sieve.
2) Add ghee, milk and enough water to form a thick batter. Beat... - 43.9808
Peppers In Oil
1 Impale the peppers, one at a time, on the tines of a long-handled fork.
2 Over a gas flame, turn the peppers until the skin blisters and darkens.
3 Or on a baking sheet, place the peppers and broil them 3 inches from the heat for about 15... - 43.7426
Lemon Pickle In Oil
Yummy homemade Lemon Pickle In Oil is another thing all together. Surprise your guest and you family with your homemade Lemon Pickle In Oil which compliments any meal. I am sure they would not have tasted anything like it! - 43.7018
Lemon Pickle In Oil
Lemon pickle in oil is a cooked lemon pickle prepared with added spices. Flavored wuth asafoetida, red chili pepper, ginger, methi seeds and seasoned with salt, the lemon pickle in oil is peppy and savory with meals of all sorts. - 41.4071
Sesame Seed Oil Crust
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix the sesame seeds whole wheat flour and salt.
3. In a bowl, mix oil and ice water.
4. Slowly add the liquid and continue mixing.
5. Add more water if needed... - 40.3537
Okra In Oil
Remove stems from the fresh okra.
Wash and dry the okra, then fry in the oil in a saucepan until lightly brown.
Remove and set aside on absorbent paper.
Fry the onions and garlic in the same oil until slightly brown.
Return the okra to the saucepan and add... - 40.0632
Whole Wheat Oil Crust
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a bowl, pour the oil and milk together but do not mix.
3. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
4. Slowly add the liquid and continue mixing, but stop mixing... - 39.6523
Carrot Pickle In Oil
Lay carrot strips on a muslin and dry in the sun for 6-8 hours.
Heat oil well, whilst warm add garlic and salt.
Add in the coarsely powdered masala powder.
Mix carrots and chillies, add to oil.
Stir well and pour into a jar.
Keeps for 3-4 months. - 38.3775
Olive Oil Mayonnaise With Garlic
Put the eggs in the blender.
With the motor running, add the vinegar, spices, and garlic, one at a time, through the feed tube in the lid, and blend until the garlic is pureed.
Pour the oil into a small pitcher.
With the motor running, add the oil in a slow,... - 35.3452
Beskuit With Oil
This extra delicious beskuit with oil is great to munch at tea-time. A great day to liven up laid back evenings! - 34.2733
Grilled Sardines In Chilli Oil
1. In a small saucepan heat the oil and chilies very gently for 10 minutes.
2. Take the pan off heat let it cool with cover and infuse for about 8-12 hours.
3. Take a sieve lined with muslin or clean towel, strain the oil and pour it into a sterilized... - 33.1053
Flageolet With Olive Oil And Garlic
Prepare and cook the beans.
They will need about 30 minutes' cooking time.
Peel the garlic cloves and drop them into boiling water.
Cook for 4 minutes, then drain.
Cut each clove in half, discard the green shoot and slice the cloves finely.
Pour the olive oil... - 33.0541
Peppers In Oil
Roast the peppers over charcoal or in a hot skillet, turning frequently with the fingers so as not to pierce the skins.
Or bake, turning occasionally, in a 400 degree oven until the skin is black, about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Remove the skins from the... - 31.1026
Homemade Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil
1 On a large rack, place the tomatoes, cut side up.
2 At the corners of the rack, place the jars.
3 Drape a cheesecloth cover on the tops of the jars, making sure it doesn't touch the tomatoes.
4 Tighten the cloth to secure.
5 Place the rack... - 30.9252
Gooseberries In Oil
1. Press each gooseberry carefully, remove the seed and discard. Keep the berries whole or break them into slices.
2. Heat the oil, add the mustard and when done, the gooseberries (whole or in slices), and fry carefully on low heat turning all the while. Add... - 30.8721
Cucumbers In Vinegar And Oil
In bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce.
Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
Drain, reserving dressing.
Serve on lettuce leaves or toss with lettuce pieces, using oil and vinegar mixture as dressing. - 29.9735
Place spices and seasoning in 1 quart glass bottle.
Add oil almost to fill.
Cap. - 29.2888
Dilly Oil And Vinegar Topping
1. Microwave 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the green onion in a 1-quart microwave-safe casserole on Full Power for 1 to 3 minutes or just until the green areas have brightened and the white areas are slightly softened.
2. Add the remaining olive oil, the... - 29.2004
Grilled Asparagus With Black Truffle Oil
Scorpio and the Libido
Asparagus. Asparagus provides vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus to the improved creation of hormones. It has been considered an aphrodisiac since the middle ages when the bride and groom were served several courses of... - 29.0545
Dried Tomatoes In Oil
Wash tomatoes; slice lengthwise almost completely in half.
Lay tomatoes cut side up and sprinkle with salt.
To dry in a dehydrator, place tomatoes, cut side up, about 1 inch apart on a dehydrator rack.
Put in a 125° dehydrator until individual tomatoes... - 29.0277
Special Herbed Olive Oil
Place herbs and seasoning in 1 quart glass bottle.
Add olive oil almost to fill.
Cap. - 28.5269
Steamed Potatoes With Parsley & Olive Oil
Once your monkfish is in the oven, bring 2cm of water to the boil in a large pan with 1 tsp salt.
Lower a petal steamer into the pan (the boiling water should not reach the holes), add the potatoes and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
Steam for about 12-15... - 28.4985
Oil And Vinegar
In a jar, combine all ingredients and shake well.
Use over a green or vegetable salad.
Makes 1 cup. - 28.3706
Cucumbers In Vinegar And Oil
In bowl, combine all ingredients.
Cover and chill several hours.
Drain and serve on lettuce leaves or toss with green salad, using oil and vinegar mixture as dressing.
Prepared onion dressing with a little salt also makes a good marinade for... - 27.7344
Di's Dipping Oil
1. In a jar with a lid, combine oil, vinegar, cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir, or cover and shake. Use, or cover and chill up to 1 month.
2. Mix oil to blend seasonings, and pour into small, shallow bowls or rimmed plates. Slice or tear bread... - 26.7048
Pasta In Olive Oil
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite.
Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Toss pasta with oil, adding reserved water as needed.
Add salt and chilli flakes to taste. - 25.6532
Annatto Oil Or Lard
1) In a small saucepan, heat the oil or lard in it.
2) Add the annatto seeds.
3) Cook over simmering heat, mixing many a times at intervals, until the fat changes to a rich orange color.
4) Take away from heat as soon as the color starts to lighten.
5)... - 25.459
Beancurd With Sesame Oil
Press the beancurd for 12 hours, then cut into match-stick pieces.
Mix with the sesame oil, monosodium glutamate and salt and serve.
This recipe can also include a sliced preserved egg and chopped spring onions to make a more elaborate dish. - 25.1072
Place salad oil and sesame oil in a bowl.
Add soy sauce, prepared mustard, black pepper and lemon juice.
Beat thoroughly. - 23.3273
Cappelletti In Pure Olive Oil
– In a skillet, heat oil and saute cappelletti, olives, tomatoes, and pimento. Stir, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with parsley - 22.9415
Oil And Vinegar Marinade
Combine all ingredients; stir well.
Use to marinate beef, pork, or poultry before cooking; use to baste during cooking. - 22.4313
1. Blanch the chives in a small pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain immediately and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry and roughly chop.
2. Place the chives in a blender, add the cold water and blend until just pureed. Do not over process or the... - 22.3615
Oil And Vinegar Marinade
Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover.
Shake well and chill.
Shake well before pouring over meat for marinating. - 21.7241
In a small saucepan heat the oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
Stir in annatto seeds.
Heat 1 minute more.
Strain oil into a jar; cover.
Store in refrigerator - 21.5898
In a small, heavy pot, heat the oils over low heat until they reach 140°F.
Add the orange zest.
Pour the oil into a glass jar.
Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Remove the pieces of zest. - 21.3849
Garden Blend Canola Oil
To infuse the flavor of the herbs: Warm oil in small saucepan over low heat.
Pour into clean, dry jar with cap or cork stopper.
Store at room temperature.
Use after one week. - 20.923
1. Separate garlic into cloves; then peel and thinly slice garlic cloves. Heat 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the oil in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until tinged with gold (about 10 minutes; do not scorch). If pan... - 20.7674
Chilli Oil Ii
2 cups sesame oil or peanut oil, 3 tablespoons dry red chilli powder.
Mix with 5 tablespoons sesame oil or peanut oil.
Heat 2 cups sesame oil or peanut oil in a wok till it smokes.
Place chilli paste in a bowl and pour over the hot oil, stirring well until... - 19.4804
1) Combine the garlic to the corn oil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and allow it to stand at room temperature for 1 month.
2) Strain out garlic and use the oil for cooking or as a dressing for salads, cooked vegetables or plain pasta. - 19.1131
Let garlic stand in oil not in refrigerator for several hours, or over night.
Then remove garlic. - 16.7473
Hot Red Pepper Oil
Hot Pepper Oil can be a prefect base to fry any of your Chinese dishes. The taste of any dish is enhanced with Hot Pepper Oil. Just try it! - 16.7344
1. In a small pan, whisk together thyme and lA cup (60 ml) of the oil until well blended. Gradually whisk in remaining 3/4 cup (180 ml) oil. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, just until warm (not hot or boiling). Remove from heat and let cool... - 15.2023
20 red dry chillies, break and fry in 1 cup oil until dark brown.
Remove from heat, cool, strain and store. - 14.4151
Powdered Olive Oil
Powdered olive oil? Interesting idea, but why? Is it better? Healthier? I don't know as I use healthy fresh real olive oil daily.
What do you think? - 13.9196
Oil Recipes By Category