- » Oceanian Holiday
Oceanian Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of oceanian holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for oceanian holiday recipes.
If you thought preparing beef wellington is simply impossible, you might be wrong. It needs little patience and dedication to be successful in this project. In this video, top chef will demonstrate you the step-by-step process of baking a beef wellington.... - 126.37
Anzac Biscuits With Whiskey
Did you ever imagine the special Anzac biscuits could be made with the simplest of ingredients always available in our kitchen? Watch this video to learn how to make this wonderful biscuits with the most readily available ingredients like flour, oats,... - 109.503
Dainty Damper With Sultanas
Caravan Chef Eva Stovern shows how to bake scrummy dampers with sultanas that's a breeze to make and makes for a delicious dessert anytime, anywhere. Tasty, filling and extremely simple to make too, this once mainstay of Australian cuisine will simply wow you... - 86.543
Delicious Biscuits In Cream
For quick desserts that are just perfect for any meal, try this! All you need is a handful of ingredients and some basic prep and freezing time and you have a light, creamy, crunchy dessert all set to floor the guests. These tasty nibbles allows you to have... - 86.3213
Fijian Curried Chicken
In a large frying pan, heat oil to medium heat.
Add chicken pieces and lightly fry on all sides, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Add haldi, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder, cloves, cinnamon stick, grated ginger, chopped garlic cloves, salt and cardamom.... - 49.0847
Australia's famous Lamingtons are squares of sponge cake that are first dipped in chocolate glaze and then in coconut. - 48.7676
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.In a pot, add milk, scallops and fillets.
3.Let simmer for 8 minutes.
4.Drain the fish and save the liquid.
5.Now heat some butter and mix flour in it.
6. Add the lobster liquid and mix well into the... - 48.0747
Flounder Fillets With Chick Pea Relish
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) FOR THE CHICK PEA RELISH: Take a small bowl and combine onion, tomato, jalapeno pepper, vinegar and garlic in it. Add chick peas and mix well. Set aside.
3) FOR THE FLOUNDER FILLETS: Take a small saucepan... - 47.5302
Polynesian Pork Salad
1. In a large bowl place sweet potatoes, drizzle over 4 tablespoons of the Hawaiian dressing and toss lightly to mix.
2. Chill at least an hour to season and blend flavors.
3. Keeping 5 of the pineapple slices aside for garnishing salad, cut up the... - 47.3205
Grilled Swordfish With Fresh Tomato Herb Coulis
1.Make a smooth paste of lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, oregano, bread crumbs, onion, tomato sauce and tomatoes.
3.Coat grill with cooking spray.
4. Preheat grill for 5 minutes.
5.Place steaks in grill and grill... - 47.2449
Baked Fish With Herb Stuffing
1) Clean and rinse the fish thoroughly.
2) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3) In a skillet, saute the onion and celery in 1/2 cup butter, until the onion is lightly browned.
4) Blend in the marjoram, sage, parsely, tarragon, dill, Bon... - 47.0981
Polynesian Crown Roast
1) Into a shallow baking pan, place the roast with the rib ends facing up
2) Using foil, wrap up the bones to prevent them from burning while roasting
3) Roast the meat in the oven at 325 F for 1 hour
4) Into a frying pan, dab in the butter and saute... - 46.9824
Shrimp And Jicama In Soy Sesame Sauce
1.In a small, dry frying pan toast the sesame seeds, stirring over high heat, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
2.Place in a dish and keep aside.
3.In a bowl, mix cornstarch, ginger, sea salt, dry mustard, soy sauce, and sherry.
4.In a saute pan... - 46.739
Tropical Banana Bread
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and ginger in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat together margarine and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
Beat in eggs, bananas and orange peel until blended.
Stir in flour mixture, papaya, nuts and coconut until combined.
Spoon... - 46.1732
1) Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F or Gas Mark 2.
2) Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper and draw a circles, 7 inches in diameter.
3) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until very stiff and dry.
4) Beat in half the sugar and... - 45.847
Chocolate Covered Candy
My wife loves this Chocolate Covered Candy recipe. Whenever my daughter gets annoyed, my wife uses this Chocolate Covered Candy to delight her. The interesting fact about this candy is that the very mention of it delights my daughter. This candy brings joy to... - 45.7129
Chicken Casserole Elegante
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Cook rice mix with chicken broth following the package direction.
3) Cook peas according to package direction and keep aside.
4) Combine soup with sherry and milk.
5) Stir in pimiento, mushrooms,... - 45.6095
Rocky Mountain Oyster Stew
1.Carefully remove oysters from their shells.
2.Drain oysters and reserve liquid.
3.Take a 2 quart saucepan and rub with cut garlic clove.
4.Add in salt, parsley and margarine.
5. Heat .
6.Add in oysters and oyster liquor.
7. Cook until oyster... - 44.9861
Polynesian Chicken Sandwich
1) In a shallow dish, mix together pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce.
2) Arrange each chicken breast between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap.
3) Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet.
4) Put the chicken pieces in... - 43.8787
1.Preheat overn to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease casserole or dish.
3.In a saucepan, melt some butter.
4.Add in bread crumbs and cracker.
5. Stir well.
6. Take the greased dish and put in a layer of buttered crumbs.
7.Top this with a layer of... - 43.4185
Traditional biscuit recipe from Australia and New Zealand. Associated with the joint public holiday (ANZAC Day) to commemorate the Gallipoli landings during WW1. - 43.0923
Are you looking for a soup easy to cook? Then try this pumpkin soup recipe. You would have no trouble at all in cooking it and its taste would also be uncompromising. People would be impressed at your culinary skill. - 42.7246
Fijian Goat Curry
1. Put the garlic, spices, sugar, lime zest, and juice in a food processor with 125ml of water and half of the coriander. Blitz until you have a smooth paste.
2. Stir one heaped tablespoon of the paste into another 125ml of water in a saucepan and cook for... - 42.7199
Fijian Chicken Wings
Fijian Chicken Wings is delicious dish made from chicken wings coconut cream and spices. This easy recipe of Fijian Chicken Wings is can be prepared quickly. Next time you invite your friends treat them with this exotic variety of chicken wings and boast your... - 42.4121
1. Preheat the oven for 350°F.
2. Defrost livers and cut them into 24 pieces.
3. Take a bowl blend sugar, ginger and soy.
4. Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade for about half an hour.
5. Drain the marinated chicken pieces and... - 41.6793
Homemade Chicken Hawaiian
1. In a large kettle, tip in the onions and the celery.
2. Add the shortening to the kettle and cook the vegetables for 10 minuets till done
3. To the same kettle, add the bean sprouts, chicken, and the bouillon to the hot water to make a smooth... - 41.2351
Rich Scallop Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.In a pot filled with water, add the scallops and salt.
3.The scallops can be cut into half if they are big.
4.Once cooked, drain the scallops.
5.In a saucepan, melt some butter.
6. Add in onion and... - 40.6585
These delicious meatballs get even better the next day my whole family loves them! The sauce is also great on ribs. - 40.3687
Are you looking for a simple way to make Anzac Biscuits? This traditional recipe is just right for you. These Anzac biscuits are originally eaten by ANZAC soldiers from Australia and New Zealand and now a family favorite. You should try this Anzac Biscuit... - 40.3643
A great hearty Aussie omelet (well, we think it is!). Well worth the effort. - 39.2038
This chicken pupus recipe is my favorite. My friends really enjoy this dish whenever I cook it. Whenever there is a gathering of my friends at my home, most of the time they ask me to cook this delicious appetizer. You should try this chicken pupus recipe. - 39.0285
1. Wash and boil carrots in very little water till tender.
2. Mash or press carrots through a sieve.
3. Add salt, nutmeg and butter and mix thoroughly.
4. Form into shapes resembling carrots.
5. Coat with egg and roll in breadcrumbs and fry till brown.... - 38.9389
My wife likes this pumpkin scones recipe. Whenever my son gets annoyed, my wife uses this pumpkin scones to delight him. The interesting fact about this dish is that the very mention of it delights my son. So this dish brings joy to my home.Try this pumpkin... - 38.5814
Mock Beef Rissoles
1. Cook the rice in milk till tender.
2. Add grated radish, onion and chopped capsicum.
3. Add mustard, pepper, salt and lime juice.
4. Fold in whipped white of egg.
5. Roll in breadcrumbs. Deep fry. Drain and serve hot with tomato sauce. - 38.354
1. In an electric blender process combining kiwi, apple juice and lemon juice until smooth and then stir in orange rind.
2. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan and freeze until almost firm.
3. Into a mixing bowl spoon frozen mixture and beat... - 37.374
1. In top of a double boiler bring to a boil placing chocolate morsels, milk and butter.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook until chocolate and butter melt, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in peanuts and marshmallows.
4. Line a 13- x 9-... - 37.1132
Want to make a beverage that is truly different? This easy Otai recipe is the perfect answer to your needs. Treat your friends to this Tongan summer cooler that is an absolute delight. An instant hit with kids as well. So try this otai recipe to make your... - 36.7595
Spiced Chicken Casserole
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the chicken, shallots or pickling onions, and carrots for about 6 minutes or until browned.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except the grapes, and simmer over a low heat for 2 hours until the meat is very... - 36.6826
1. Prepare and cook vegetables till tender.
2. Mash vegetables and dry over a fire.
3. Add margarine, cheese, parsley, herbs and seasoning. Form into rissoles.
4. Dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry till golden brown. Drain well and serve with... - 36.62
A large meringue cake that can be topped with whipped cream and fruit. This is an Australian specialty. - 35.8259
Date Loaf Cake
Very much like sticky date pudding - nice and moist, and made without eggs. - 35.581
Gather Round Damper
1. Preheat covered barbecue to a medium heat. Sift together flour and wholemeal flour into a bowl, return husks to bowl. Rub in butter, using fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
2. Combine egg and... - 30.9134
Australian English Trifle
One of my many trifle recipes: Australian English Trifle Recipe, Decorate with whipped cream and flaked chocolate. - 29.8302
1. Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Place... - 29.3595
Scallops sauteed in butter and garlic will melt in your mouth. Lemon juice gives it a nice kick. - 29.2944
This is a great Aussie kids party favorite, we were all brought up on it. Bread is spread with margarine and topped with colored sprinkles, or if you are in Australia, 100's and 1000's. It's a loved recipe. - 28.6558
Here is an easy chamorro recipe just for you. My mother is very sincere about cooking . When we come home during holidays, she generally prepare this condiment. It is very tasty and my whole family enjoys it. - 27.487
This limey drink is enough to tantalize any palate. The combination of fresh lime and carbonated water delights the senses! You may also garnish with a lime twist or sprig of mint. - 19.9679