- » Normandy Sauce
Normandy Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Normandy Sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Normandy Sauce recipes.
Pork Normandy And Braised Veggies
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the seasoned pork chops and sear on both sides. Once done, set aside to rest.
3. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along... - 110.395
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse fillets in cold water. Use paper towel to dry them.
3. Fold fillets over in thirds.
4. In a lightly buttered 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish, arrange fillets in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice,... - 47.3624
Normandy Style Salsify
Normandy Style Salsify has a finger licking taste. The sour cream and egg yolks gives the Normandy Style Salsify a mind blowing taste. - 46.7054
Normandy Roast Duckling
1. Wipe the duckling with a kitchen towel or paper toweling.
2. Rub salt into the skin.
3. With a fork, prick the skin all over to render fat. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
5. To prepare the... - 46.2771
1) Cut onion into slices.
2) Clean the leek in water and chop them.
3) Skin the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
4) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) before baking.
5) In a large skillet, heat butter and sauté onion and leek in it... - 46.0383
Fish Soup Normandy
1. Clean the fish. Trim and cut.
2. In a large saucepan put fish. Add bouillon, lemon juice, onion, celery, and carrot.
3. Cook and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
4. Strain and keep aside.
5. To prepare Fish Dumplings, grinder fish... - 45.854
Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples
Haven't tried this yummy Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples recipe, yet? I am sure you will love it! Use the freshest of pork available to get a delicious dish. Dish is a French specialty, eaten as a Main Dish. Spare 70 minutes from your leisure time and you... - 45.8452
Normandy Apple Chicken
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large heatproof casserole, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter along with the oil.
3) Add the pieces of chicken and cook them for about 5 minutes, turning to brown well on all the... - 45.4581
Escalopes De Veau Normande
1.Scrape escalope with flour.
2.In a heavy skilllet.,put 6 tablespoons of butter and heat.
3.Add scraped escalopes to it and fry until light brown.
4.Add salt and pepper to it.
5.In a separate pan, heat Calvados.
6.Put heated Calvados in... - 45.3374
Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples
There is no better gift for your palate than this Normandy Pork With Cream And Apples recipe. Dish takes only 70 minutes to be prepared. Use the freshest of pork available to get a flavorful dish. Dish is an amazing Main Dish to set the French table. I am... - 45.0917
1) Wash lettuce and dry the leaves.
2) Peel apples and core them.
3) Cut the apples into thin rings.
4) To prevent browing of apples, rub cut surface of the lemon half over both sides of the apple rings.
5) In a salad bowl, place... - 45.079
Soak the raisins for 1 hour in warm water.
Heat half the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
Remove to a plate and season well.
Add remaining butter and toss in the apple slices so that they become lightly browned only.
Place... - 44.9802
Prick the skin of the duck all over.
Put the breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and pour over 4 tablespoons of the cider.
Squeeze with your hand so the breadcrumbs are completely moistened.
Melt the butter with the oil in a saucepan.
Add the apples and celery and... - 44.5891
Melt 25 g/1 oz of the butter in a frying pan.
Add the onion and fry until it is soft but not brown.
Transfer the onion to a mixing bowl using a slotted spoon.
Add the apple, sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, parsley, sage, salt and pepper to taste and the egg to the... - 43.9827
Normandy Pear Tart
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Add the butter and fat and cut into small pieces.
Rub the fat into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in all but.
2 tablespoons of the sugar and the walnuts, then the egg yolks and enough of the... - 43.7696
Normandy Loin Of Pork
Place the butter in a 6-cup (3 L) microwave-safe dish and melt 3 minutes at HIGH.
Place the roast in it, fat side down.
Microwave 5 minutes at HIGH.
Remove roast from dish.
Place the minced vegeta-bles in the baking dish, stir.
Microwave 5 minutes at HIGH,... - 43.6348
Normandy Salmon Steaks With Hollandaise Sauce
Clean mushrooms; cut into thin slices.
Heat butter in frypan.
Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup wine and water.
Season with salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse salmon under cold running water; pat dry.
Sprinkle with lemon juice; let... - 43.5385
Sole Normande is a seafood recipe prepared with sole along with shrimps and mussels. Oven cooked with shallots and mushrooms for flavor, the Sole Normande is served with a cream sauce poured over it. - 43.4049
Almond Flakes Normandy
Cut butter into flour until particles are the size of rice kernels.
Blend in almonds, confectioners' sugar, and salt.
Beat the egg white and extract until frothy; add to flour sugar mixture, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
Shape dough into a ball; knead... - 43.3311
Chicken Breasts Normandy Style
Pat chicken dry; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dust lightly with flour.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; brown chicken lightly on both sides.
Remove from pan.
Pour off all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) fat in pan.
Add onion, celery and... - 43.2798
Roast Veal Normandy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sage, celery salt, and ground pepper, and rub over entire surface of the roast.
Using a large ovenproof pan, brown the veal well on all sides in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
This should take about 10 minutes... - 43.211
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large frying pan heat both oils, add chicken, saute over high heat until golden, about 8 minutes, turning once Remove from pan, season to taste.
Pour fat from frying pan, add half the Calvados and all the vinegar.
Brig to the... - 43.2035
Normandy Chocolate Mousse
Line bottom of 6 inch mold with heavy white paper.
Put lady fingers upright around the edge, sticking them with butter.
Cream together butter and sugar thoroughly.
Blend in egg yolks, nuts, 2 Tbsp rum and cooled melted chocolate.
Beat egg whites until stiff... - 43.1083
Chicken Saute Normandy Style
Cut chickens into serving size pieces.
Brown well in oil and butter or margarine in a large kettle; remove from heat.
Warm the applejack in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edge. (Do not boil.)
Carefully ignite with a wooden match held at... - 43.0322
Normandy Style Turkey Scaloppine
Put the onion in a dish and microwave, uncovered, for 3 minutes on HIGH.
Season both sides of the turkey scaloppine (escalopes) with salt and pepper.
Put on top of the onion and surround with the apple quarters.
Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Pour the... - 42.8351
Cream Offish Soup Normandy
Put the fish, onion, celery, tomatoes, wine, bouquet garni and water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain the liquid into another saucepan.
Remove all the bones from the fish.
Blend the fish and... - 42.7024
Normandy Sand Cake
Sift flour, baking powder, and nutmeg together.
Cream butter and sugar together, using electric mixer at medium speed, 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.
Add eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition.
Add flour mixture alternately with Madeira,... - 41.8841
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly coat the bottom of the ovenproof dish with 1oz. of butter.
3) Arrange the potato slices in layers in the ovenproof dish, seasoning each layer generously with salt and pepper.
4) Stream the milk... - 41.6697
1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in between occasionally.
3. Remove pan from heat. Add flour to pan and mix until smooth.
4. Add reserved fish stock and wine.
5. Place the pan over heat, and cook over... - 41.4456
Delicious apple-stuffed crepes can be prepared in advance and put in the oven.
Calvados (apple brandy) is sold in miniature bottles; if unobtainable use brandy.
Peel, core and cut apples into short slices.
Fry in melted butter until just colored.
Spoon fried... - 41.3463
Cream Of Vegetable Soup Normandy
Melt butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
Add carrots, leeks, onions, and turnips .and saute until golden.
Add potatoes, stock and salt (if necessary) and pepper to taste Increase heat and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until... - 40.8288
1) Wash the apples and peel, core and finely chop.
2) In a large casserole, fry the pork fat till crisp.
3) Leaving only 2 tbls of fat, drain out the rest.
4) Add onion and lightly cook for 1-2 minutes.
5) Raise the heat, mix in the... - 40.7516
Normandy Baked Apples
1) Preheat oven to 450°F.
2) Defrost the flaky pastry.
3) Peel and carefully core the apples, without going quite to the bottom.
4) Take the pastry to roll out into a sheet about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the sheet into 6 squares of 6-inch... - 40.5902
Normandy Pot Roast
1. In large skillet or Dutch oven, brown meat using shortening if very lean.
2. Drain the fat.
3. Add gravy, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Add vegetables to the simmer another 1 hour until tender meat and... - 40.4511
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the leeks and turnips and fry very gently for 2 to 3 minutes without browning them.
Add the potatoes and continue to cook until they are soft.
Add the stock and lima beans and season to taste.
Bring the soup to a boil... - 40.1262
Normandy Yellow Plum Tart
Line a 9-inch-deep pie pan with rolled-out pastry and brush bottom and sides with about 2 tea spoons of the slightly beaten egg white.
Mix sugar and flour together and stir lightly into the plums.
Pile into the pie shell, dot with the butter and dampen pastry... - 39.8584
Open the mussels by putting them in a large pan over a brisk fire, with a damp tea towel on top of them.
After 5 minutes the shells will open; keep the mussels, throw away the shells.
Strain the liquid which will have come out of them, and keep.
Peel the... - 39.6778
1 Preheat the oven to 190Â°C 375Â°F, gas 5.
Divide the pastry in two, and roll out each piece to a large circle.
Using a 20 cm (8 in) saucepan lid, cut out two smoothly edged circles.
Use the trimmings to make 8 thin strips of pastry, each 10 cm (4 in)... - 39.6129
1) Rub the pheasant with butter all over
2) Place the pheasant on a rotary spit or in a hot oven for about 15 minutes till browned all over
3) Slice and peel the apples and layer onto the base of a casserole
4) Once browned, place the pheasant into... - 39.5396
Pate De Foies De Volailles Normande
1. Cut liver and bacon roughly.
2. In a saute pan, add chopped apple, onion, wine and parsley.
3. Cover the lid and cook for about 30 minutes on low flame.
4. Allow it to cool.
5. In a food processor, puree this mixture until it becomes... - 39.4702
1.Heat butter until melted.
2.Put flour in it and stir to make a brown roux.
3.Slowly, add liquid and let the mixture cook for sometime on low flame.
4.Put egg yolks and cream into it and stir well.
5.Let the mixture boil.
6.Once done, turn off te... - 38.8135
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Truss the pheasant as it would be done for roasting.
3) In a skillet, heat the butter and brown the pheasant properly on all sides.
4) In a deep casserole, put half of the apple slices,... - 37.569
Cut the pheasant into four portions.
Melt the butter in a pan and brown the pheasant evenly.
Transfer to the Slo cooker.
Saute the apple in the remaining butter and then spoon around the pheasant.
Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Cook for the recommended... - 37.4341
Remove the heads from the fish and remove the backbone.
Season the flour and roll the fish in the seasoned flour.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and fry the chopped apples and chopped onions until soft.
Add lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Put aside and... - 37.3211
1) Clean the rabbit thoroughly.
2) Let the rabbit simmer for 30 minutes, with a little salt and pepper.
3) Once done, remove meat from bones in large neat pieces.
4) In a skillet, fry the rabbit with the garlic cloves until golden.
8)... - 36.9176
1 Put the washed giblets into cold water, bring to a boil and drain. Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a stewpan and lightly fry the giblets in it. Add the salt, pepper, stock and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil, cover with the lid, reduce the heat and simmer for... - 36.529
Baked Trout Normande
Remove heads and tails from trout, and wipe inside and out.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place each trout in center of 8" x 6" oblong of heavy-duty foil, and cup foil edge.
Heat butter, wine, parsley, onion, chervil and tarragon together, and spoon over... - 36.4608
Escalope De Veau A La Normande
Melt butter in skillet (preferably electric).
Sprinkle veal cutlets with flour and salt.
Brown veal in butter.
At same time add shallots, slightly brown, and add mushrooms.
Add cream at intervals.
Let meat simmer in skillet, covered, for 45-60 minutes.
Then... - 36.0245
Eggs Baked With Oysters Normandy
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take 4 small ovenproof dishes, put two tablespoons of cream in each and season with salt and pepper.
3.In each dish, put six oysters and drizzle a few drops of their liquor on them.
4.Break two eggs... - 35.9786
Normandy Pork And Cabbage
Trim fat from pork; discard. Cut pork widthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each apple half into 6 wedges. Set aside.
Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon butter and swirl to coat... - 35.7448
Cotes De Porc Normande
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the pork steaks and cook for 7-10 minutes on both sides until cooked and golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a heated serving dish. Keep warm.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook gently until... - 35.5156
Place all ingredients except milk, flour and rice in crock pot; stir well.
Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 5 hours.
Remove shrimp spice.
Before serving, make a smooth paste of milk and butter; stir into crock pot.
Cover and cook for 30 minuteror until... - 35.468
Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove.
Add wine and half and half; heat until bubbly.
Cut cheese in small pieces and add to wine mixture.
Stir over low heat until melted.
In a small bowl blend cornstarch with calvados; add to cheese mixture.
Continue... - 35.1248
Ask your butcher to clean and truss 2 small pheasants.
Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
Over slow heat, so that the butter does not burn and become black, brown the pheasants slowly on all sides.
Peel, core and cut in coarse dice 6 cooking... - 34.4423
Carrots Normandy Style
Peel carrots and cut in 1 inch pieces.
Peel, core, and slice apple.
Place carrots and apple in a saucepan, add 1/4 inch water, and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
Place in a blender or food processor, add... - 34.2413
Normandy White Butter Sauce
1.On a low flame simmer court bouillon and vinegar for 10 minutes.
2.Once 2/3 to 3/4 cup liquid is left, remove from the flame.
3.Add butter, one by one piece and stir.
4.Put salt and pepper.
5.Serve in heated sauce boat. - 31.9108
Normandy Chicken With Apples
1. In a 4- or 5-quart electric slow cooker, combine the apple cider, dry soup mix, thyme, and nutmeg. Stir to blend well. Add the potatoes, celery, shallots, apples, and cranberries. Tuck the chicken pieces down into the mixture.
2. Cover and cook on the low... - 31.2621
Melt the fat in a fireproof dish over an asbestos mat, put in the meat, with a dash of pepper and stir till golden on all sides.
Add the stock, which should be fairly concentrated and heated before adding; only just cover the meat with it, then add sliced... - 29.2129
Fish Soup Normandy
Wash fish; drain.
Place into large saucepan; add bouillon, lemon juice, onion, celery, and carrot.
Simmer over low heat 1 hour; strain - 28.879
Heat the veloute sauce in a double boiler.
Put the egg yolk into a small bowl.
Beat a little of the sauce, a spoonful at a time, into the egg.
When well mixed, pour the egg mixture into the sauce and mix well.
Beat in the butter, one piece at a time.
Stir in... - 28.3845
Mix eggs, flour and butter.
Add milk and salt.
Fry bacon slices until crisp.
Crumble into the mixture.
Put ingredients into pie shell.
Bake slowly at 350° until firm. - 28.1752
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown outside and white throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Add apples to... - 27.437
Normandy Cheese Sauce
Blend flour, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard with heated butter in a heavy saucepan; stir in evaporated milk and water.
Cook and stir over low heat until thickened and smooth.
Add cheese and stir until melted. - 27.1804
Wash, but don't peel the mushrooms, and chop them up finely.
Cook in the Court Bouillon for 15 minutes: then pour the liquid through a strainer.
Put 4 tablespoonfuls of butter into a saucepan with the egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and grated... - 26.6507
Method In a large pan melt butter, add onion; cook until soft but not brown.
Add curry powder and one apple, pared, cored and sliced.
Cook until almost soft, stir in flour and cook 1 minute longer.
Pour in stock and add corn- starch paste.
Bring soup to a... - 25.6415
1. Strain bercy sauce through a tammy cloth.
2. Blend together egg yolks, cream and butter and add to sauce. - 25.3197
Whip the cream.
Blend the cheese with the lemon juice and jelly, and fold in the whipped cream.
Yields 1 cup. - 21.0508
Mushrooms And Peas Normandy
Add onions to melted butter in deep saucepan and cook for 2 minutes.
Add both the mushrooms and the mushroom broth.
Then add peas drained, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Simply heat through and serve Makes 4 to 6 servings. - 20.2123
Normandy Sauce Recipes By Category