National Chicken Month
National Chicken Month recipes are followed on the National Chicken Month for making special chicken dishes. September is observed as National Chicken Month and was introduced by the National Chicken Council and United States Poultry and Egg Association. The month is dedicated to chicken and aims to encourage people to increase its consumption. The National Chicken Month food comes in myriad variations which could be prepared in various ways like roasting, frying, stewing and grilling.
Popular National Chicken Month Recipes
- Chicken Noodle Casserole- One of the popular National Chicken Month recipes which makes for a hearty meal and can be relished at any time of the day. Creamy chicken along with noodles and vegetables makes eating this National Chicken Month food a delightful experience.
- Chicken Salad Supreme- A scrumptious chicken salad comprising grapes, mandarin oranges and pineapple; it is usually served with crackers and lettuce.
- Light Chicken Salad- An assortment of chicken, green onion, celery, walnuts, grapes and ginger, this salad makes an interesting appetizer.
- Crispy Cashew Chicken- Fried and flavored chicken breasts in cashew nut sauce.
- Healthy Stir-fried Chicken- It is one of the common National Chicken Month recipes that include shiitake mushrooms and chicken.
- Oriental Fried Chicken- Chicken dipped in a marinade of honey, ginger, sherry and lemon juice and sautéed in peanut oil.
Customary Way Of Serving National Chicken Month Food
National Chicken Month recipes can be followed to make dishes to be served throughout the day, right from breakfast to dinner. Chicken burgers and chicken salads are eaten as healthy snacks and chicken dishes with gravy are eaten with breads as lunch and dinner meals. Finger foods made of chicken are popular during this month in parties.