- » Mysore
Mysore Food is primarily rice based just like most cuisines in other parts of South India. Dosas and idlis form an integral part of this cuisine and the different variations of Mysore chutneys, dosa and idlis are ... More »
1. Lightly grease a rectangular cake tray with oil.
2. Heat oil to smoking point and add into the besan.
3. Mix the besan well using a spatula and sieve the mixture through a sieve.
4. In a heavy bottomed pot add sugar and water.
5. In... - 107.864
Mysore Pak Making Made Easier
Mysore pak has to be one of the most popular sweets in Karnataka and an all time favorite of children and adults alike. These diamond shaped or rectangular, very porous, melt in the mouth kind of sweets are not to difficult to prepare at home. - 80.4525
Are you looking for simple way to make Mysore Pak? This recipe is perfect for you. This recipe is especially suitable for kids. Mysore Pak is a delicious Indian sweet. It is a very popular sweet in Karnataka and usually served as dessert. It is made of... - 41.1536
1. Heat fat to boiling point. Remove and set aside.
2. Add water to sugar and prepare a syrup of three-string consistency.
3. Take about 50 gm. or 680 gm. (for 360 pieces) of the fat and roast gram flour in it for about 2-3 minutes (do not allow to brown).
4.... - 38.3007
1. Soak gram for an hour.
2. Drain water completely and grind into a fine paste with salt and green chillies.
3. Chop coriander, ginger and curry leaves fine, crush peppercorns coarsely and cut coconut into small pieces. Add to the ground paste.
4. Meanwhile... - 37.6636
Sieve the gram flour and roast it in a pan on a very low fire till aromatic.
In a heavy bottomed vessel, make a syrup of the sugar with 1 cup of water and bring to one-thread consistency.
Slowly sprinkle the gram flour over the syrup and... - 34.8955
USING a thick bottomed kadai, heat half the ghee and add the besan.
Stir well and set aside.
Place the sugar and water in a pan on low heat and allow the sugar to dissolve, and form a syrup of one thread consistency.
Strain the syrup.
Meanwhile, heat the... - 33.8871
Homemade Mysore Pak
1. Take sugar in a deep pan. Add a little water and boil till the syrup gets to the soft ball stage.
2. Add flour by sprinkling over the syrup, little by little, and mix thoroughly to prevent lumping.
3. When well mixed start adding hot fat slowly at... - 28.9362
Easy Mysore Pak
1. Fry gram flour in ghee.
2. Add sugar syrup and cook till it forms a ball.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil. Add flavouring.
4. Add oil to the flour mixture from a height. Stir for one minute and empty into a thali. Cut into desired shapes. - 27.5917
1. Heat the oil in a pan and roast the chana dal and urad dal till they become golden brown.
2. Add the red chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tamarind, peppercorns, jaggery and coconut and fry for a while. Cool for some time.
4. When cool, grind... - 27.0716
Mysore Recipes By Category