- » Mutton Bone
Mutton Bone Recipes
Enjoy our collection of mutton bone recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for mutton bone recipes.
Toor Dal Mutton Curry
Take toor dal & the mutton bone pieces in a pressure cooker & cook untill 3 to 4 whistles.and heat the oil in the kadai splutter Cloves,bay leaves & cinnamon,Then,add the chopped onion & when the onion is half done add the ginger-garlic paste fry for... - 34.2244
Mutton Chops is easy to make. The breadcrumbs gives the Mutton Chops a perfect shape and taste. Must catch it. - 35.2291
Mutton Hot Pot
Trim skin and most of fat off mutton.
Arrange a deep layer of thickly sliced potatoes in bottom of well-buttered earthenware casserole.
Add mutton slices, slightly overlapping each other.
Season to taste with mixed salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme and mace.
Top... - 45.3598
Stuffed Shoulder Of Mutton
Prepare a stuffing with the bread and sausage meat, add the olives, scalded and stoned, some pepper, and a pinch of grated lemon peel.
Spread this on the boned shoulder of mutton, roll it and tie it up.
(Note: It is much easier to tie up a stuffed shoulder of... - 26.761
1. Clean and cut mutton into 02.5 cm. (1") pieces.
2. Chop onion fine. Pound cardamom seeds.
3. Heat oil. Saute chopped onion.
4. Add powdered cardamom seeds. Fry one minute.
5. Add prepared mutton, salt and coriander powder. Fry for a few minutes.
6. Add... - 37.9636
Mutton Or Lamb Casserole
Cut the meat in small pieces and coat it with seasoned flour.
Heat the butter or margarine and fry the meat until brown.
Remove meat to a casserole and add the onion, garlic and parsley.
Add stock, cider and sauce to the frying pan and simmer for 5... - 37.3337
Mutton, Italian Style
Add boiling water, peeled onions stuck with cloves, salt and pepper to mutton and let simmer for about 2 hrs. or until meat is tender.
Replenish water when necessary.
Remove meat to a platter and cut into pieces for serving.
Meanwhile add 2 cups, of boiling... - 37.5229
Cook the mutton chops without tomatoes and caraway seed and cardamom powder.
Make a thick batter by mixing channa flour with water.
Hold the bone end of each mutton chop, dip it in the batter and deep fry. - 22.8938
Bone or get the butcher to bone a shoulder of mutton, and season it inside with pepper and salt.
Roll up and tie the meat, and put it in a large fireproof dish (without fat or liquid), and brown it all over thoroughly in the oven for some minutes.
Now put 2... - 20.5588
Braised Leg Of Mutton With Garlic
Remove bones, then with a sharp knife make 10 narrow slits in the leg of mutton, and push a piece of garlic into each slit.
Preparation is then similar to that for Braised Rump of Beef.
Garnish with steamed rice or macaroni. - 30.2383
A hyderabadi specialty. It is a dal based stew with meat and vegetables in it. This recipe has a good blend of lentil, meat and vegetables. It tastes delicious. - 0
1. Cut mutton into 2.5 cm. (1") pieces with the bones. Clean.
2. Grind to a fine paste the coriander, peppercorns, turmeric, red onions (first lot) and garlic.
3. Slit green chiilles, slice ginger and sec-ond lot of onions.
4. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds;... - 47.9695
Hungarian Mutton Roast
Bone the leg of mutton, lard it with the bacon cut in thick strips and the garlic cloves split lengthwise; sprinkle with salt and paprika.
Heat the lard in a saucepan, put in the meat, add the thickly sliced onions and carrots and transfer it to the oven.
Mix... - 34.0327
A tasty manglorian recipe that can be made quick and easy. You can also use the same masalas for chicken if not mutton. - 32.565
Kharoo Gos ( Basic Mutton Gravy )
1. Wash the meat and marinate in ginger-garlic paste with salt for half an hour.
2. Cut the onions finely, and roast to a light golden colour in 1/2 cup oil. Add the whole masala and fry well with the onions for a few minutes. Toss in the meat and cook till... - 37.1669
Boil the turnips in a very little salted water, just enough to cover them.
Take out, mash them or press them through a sieve.
In the water in which the turnips were cooked, simmer 1 lb.
of breast or neck of mutton for 3 hours over a gentle heat.
Then bone the... - 25.9648
Bone the meat, trim away all the fat, or get the butcher to do this for you.
Chop or grate the fat finely, and put it into a saucepan, into which you also put the bone.
Spread the shredded cabbage leaves over this, add the stock, cover, and simmer over a... - 22.798
Boiled Shoulder Of Mutton
Put the mutton into a large saucepan, add cold salted water to cover and bring to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises to the surface.
Add the onions, carrots, celery and bouquet garni.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer very gently for 1... - 43.9142
Grilled Breast Of Mutton
Boil the breast of mutton with the usual soup vegetables until tender and then bone it.
Let the meat get cold between two plates, on the top one of which you have placed a fairly heavy weight so as to flatten it.
Then cut the meat into squares, sprinkle with... - 27.5187
1. Soak haricot beans overnight.
2. Cut meat into even-sized pieces with bone.
3. Heat fat and fry meat.
4. Remove meat and add sliced onion and fry.
5. Pour off fat.
6. Add stock and seasoning. When hot, add meat.
7. Simmer till meat is nearly done.
8. Blend... - 44.6223
Boiled Breast Of Mutton
Remove all the bones and surplus fat; flatten the meat and season well.
Make the stuffing by mixing the breadcrumbs, suet, parsley, herbs, salt and pepper together.
Moisten with milk.
Spread the mixture on the meat, roll up lightly and bind securely with... - 31.9647
Rechauffe Of Mutton
To make stock: put the bones, meat trimmings, sliced turnip and carrot in a saucepan and just cover with water.
Simmer for at least 1 hr.
Strain and season to taste.
Finely chop the onion.
Heat the fat in a saucepan and fry the onion until lightly... - 36.437
Casserole Of Mutton
Cut the meat into neat chops and remove the bones and surplus fat.
Place the meat in a casserole so that it is about half full.
Thinly slice the onion and place on top and barely cover with gravy or stock.
Cover and cook gently in a moderate... - 29.712
Stuffed And Roasted Loin Or Shoulder Of Mutton
Remove all the bones from the meat.
Trim off any skin and surplus fat and flatten the meat with a rolling-pin.
Season the meat well with salt and pepper and spread on the forcemeat or stuffing.
Roll up and tie securely with string.
Melt the dripping in a... - 29.4603
Casserole Of Mutton
1. Clean and cut meat with bones.
2. Prepare the vegetables and cut into 3 cm. (1") cubes.
3. Melt the fat, then add the meat and vegetables and cooked with lid on over gentle heat for about 15 minutes stirring once or twice.
4. Remove from heat and warm... - 38.8058
Braised Leg Of Mutton
Thickly slice the onions, turnip and carrots.
Melt the dripping in a saucepan and sweat the sliced vegetables in it with the lid on, over a gentle heat for 5-10 min.
Almost cover with stock or water, add the bouquet garni and peppercorns.
Place the prepared... - 42.6515
1. Wash and wipe the meat.
2. With a sharp pointed knife remove the bones.
3. Prepare the stuffing.
4. Spread out the meat and sea-son and then place the stuffing.
5. Roll up being careful to tuck in any stuffing.
6. Tie securely with a string.
7. Weigh and... - 43.873
Mutton Kofta Curry
1. Wash meat. Remove membranes and bones.
2. Mince meat.
3. Wash and boil gram.
4. Grind together cooked gram, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, green chillies and meat.
5. Add salt, chopped coriander leaves and beaten egg.
6. Form into even sized balls with wet... - 47.5217
1. Marinate meat in mixture of vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt in refrigerator for at least 4hrs.
2. Place marinated meat on tray, lined with foil. Brown meat on top in grill (this helps to seal juices). Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in large saucepan, saute onion... - 41.8862
Cut the mutton into 7 or 8 pieces.
Put into a pan with the water and bring slowly to a boil.
Remove the scum that will have risen to the top.
Add the barley, salt and pepper and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
Add all the vegetables and simmer for another hour... - 40.0689
Anna's Mutton Beef Or Chicken Goa Curry
Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till brown.
Add a little water and cook till onions are mushy and water has evaporated.
Add ground spices and fry for 3-4 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
Add meat or chicken and saute till well browned.
Add water... - 43.7402
This creamy and rich dish is usually served with naan or roti. In this video mutton is used to prepare the flavorful dish but you may use chicken or lamb if desired. - 0
Teevan Ji Biryani
Wash and clean the meat and the pieces should be cut into curry piece.
Marinate the meat for 3-4 hours in onion paste, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, chopped coriander, mint leaves, yoghurt, tomatoes and salt.
Wash and soak rice for 20-25... - 42.4407
Wipe the meat and shin bone and put into large pot with three quarts cold water.
Bring to boil; add peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and barley; reduce heat and simmer without boiling for one hour.
After meat stock has simmered for an hour, add vegetables and... - 30.9679
Easy Rogan Josh
Easy Rogan Josh has a mouth watering taste. The blend of papaya, cummin seed , onion and tomato gives the Easy Rogan Josh a sizziling taste. Must catch it - 40.3858
Fruit & Herb Scented Lamb
Fruit & Herb Scented Lamb has a succulent taste. The lamb and red wine gives the Fruit & Herb Scented Lamb a magnificent taste. Fruit & Herb Scented Lamb is inspired by restaurants universally. Must try it. - 37.0914
The scotch broth is a meat broth made with frehs herbs and vegetables. Made with lamb, the scotch broth is made with added pearl barley and is quite filling as a side on its own. used for a base for soups or stews also, the scotch broth is flavorful and... - 44.0607
Grilled Mint Leg Of Lamb
When you are looking for a gorgeous preparation of lamb, you can consider this recipe. It's a fabulous preparation of boneless leg part of lamb, which is rolled with mint and spices filling. Watch the video thoroughly to learn about the procedure. It is... - 111.738
1. Wash the chicken pieces, carcasses, giblets, neck and feet and mutton bones till clean
2. Cut into manageable pieces and wash again
3. In a large stock pot, add 4 liters cold water and all ingredients and mix well. bring to the boil... - 41.4343
1. Wash the bones, trotters and meat
2. Cut into manageable pieces and wash well again
3. In a large pan, heat the oil and brown the meat pieces and the onions.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and brown the meat and the... - 41.7266
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a great taste. The blend of curry leaves, garlic, ginger, coriander, cummin, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder gives the Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a different taste. One should try the Non Vegetarian... - 47.1022
1. Debran the wheat, wash, cook till very soft and mash well.
2. Clean and cook mutton with little salt till tender. Mince and grind to a fine paste.
3. Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste. Heat fat, add finely sliced onions, fry till... - 38.224
1. Into a strong bottomed pan, place fat, chopped onions, garlic, ginger, mutton mixed with curds, spices (except garam masala and pepper), salt and chopped tomatoes.
2. Cover and cook over very slow fire.
3. When mutton is cooked, add garam masala and pepper... - 38.2938
1. Clean and cut the mutton with the bones.
2. Heat fat, add mutton and brown lightly.
3. Add seasoning and sugar and fry over a brisk fire. The sugar settles at the bottom of the pan where it turns to caramel. It is then dissolved by moistening which gives... - 41.7677
1. Grind garlic and ginger. Fry chopped onions till nearly brown.
2. Add garlic and ginger and mutton.
3. Keep frying for 10-15 minutes, sprinkling a little water if desired.
4. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
5. Fry for a... - 42.8363
1. Wash, clean and cut meat with bones.
2. Grind together the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, coconut, and garlic.
3. Heat fat. Add ground masala and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add meat, salt and enough water to cook till meat is tender.
5.... - 45.4317
1. Wipe the meat.
2. If breast of mutton is being used, bone and stuff it with forcemeat.
3. Sprinkle fat in a heavy iron pan and fry the meat lightly on all sides until evenly browned.
4. Sprinkle a little water. Put the lid on and cook on a slow fire.
5.... - 37.2326
1. Wash and remove excess fat from bones.
2 Place bones, meat, peppercorns and salt with water in a large pan. Bring to the boil slowly. Skim.
3. Add onion and vegetables. Cover the pan tightly, lower heat, simmer for 3-4 hours.
4. Strain the stock, cool and... - 30.7935
Baked Lamb Chops And Vegetables
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F.
2. Wipe the chops with a clean, damp cloth. Sear them quickly on both sides in a large hot frying pan.
3. Place chops in a baking dish or leave them in the skillet. Arrange the green pepper, onion and tomatoes over the... - 29.2263
1. Boil water (double the amount of rice) with bay leaf, one-third of sweet cumin, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
2. Add rice when water starts boiling. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove and drain off water into another vessel. Keep water aside.
3.... - 46.5753
Navarin Printanier is a french lamb stew recipe but this is prepared with mutton and salt pork. Cooked along with vegetables, the Navarin Printanier is flavored with bouquet garni and can be served over rice or noodles. - 45.2562
Roast Venison With Cranberry Sauce
1. Rub salt over the meat.
2. Lard the delicate meat streaky bacon rashers, or a boned piece of mutton flank.
3. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F (220Â°C or Gas No. 8)
4. Place the joint in a roasting pan or a casserole.
5. Cover the pan... - 38.1344
Mix flour with ghee and salt and make a pliable dough with water and set aside for half an hour.
Divide the dough into 12 balls and roll each ball into a big chappati of 1/8" thickness.
Deep fry each chappati without browning.
Make these chappaties... - 41.3154
1. Wash the mutton, chicken carcass, giblets, neck and feet till clean
2. Cut into manageable pieces and wash again
3. In a large stainless steel or tinned (kallaied) pan, heat the butter or oil and fry the bones till light brown, add... - 41.636
Kibbi Balls And Chickpeas In Tahini
With wet hands mould the kibbi mixture into small balls and place aside.
Brown the onions in the ghee and drain.
Cover the meat and bones with water and bring to the boil; skim fat from the top of the water.
Add the drained, soaked chickpeas and the browned... - 37.8878
Fry the chopped onions, garlic and green chillies together till the onions turn light brown.
Add minced meat to the pan and fry for 10 minutes.
Add salt to the fried meat and keep aside after cooking.
Boil 4 litres of water thoroughly and add the noodles and... - 39.9788
Cut lamb into 1 in. cubes.
Combine all spices, seasonings, finely chopped onion, finely chopped ginger, crushed garlic and yoghurt.
Place meat in this marinade, leave several hours.
Heat butter, fry sliced onion until golden; remove, reserve for garnish.... - 41.7149
Haricot De Mouton
Cut meat into 1 1/-inch cubes.
Heat drippings and saute meat cubes with sugar in ovenproof skillet with top or Dutch oven until they are brown on all sides.
Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in flour.
Stir until flour is well browned.
Gradually stir in... - 44.8602
Joint the chicken, put the backbone, giblets, bones and trimmings and stock (or water and the mutton cut into small pieces) into a saucepan; add outside layers of Spanish onions, carrot, mace and peppercorns.
Simmer gently 2-3 hr., strain.
Dice remainder of... - 39.503
Shaslik Russian Style
1. Cut the meat into 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) cubes and place in a dish, add the salt and pepper and herbs and cover with the vodka, oil and lemon juice.
2. Marinate the meat for 4 hours, turning regularly.
3. Cut the slices into three pieces and roll up.
4. Place... - 36.7335
Traditional Indian Rogan Josh
Rogan Josh has the merit of being a dish for royal families. It was originated from Mughal families who treated this dish as a specialty and gave much attention to its preparation. - 43.6421
This is a middle eastern inspired lamb and oat soup flavored with whole spices. Arabic soup is very nutritious and wholesome and can be eaten as a stew with bread. - 50.5604
Historically borscht is know to have originated in what is now Ukraine sometime in the mid-13th. Century. Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary & even Serbia lay claim to this great soup but historical evidence proves that it originated in Ukraine.... - 47.1474
Make the mutton chops without tomatoes and caraway seed and cardamom powder.
Mix the soaked bread and potatoes.
Take a small quantity of potato and shape as require.
Hold the bone firmly and cover the fleshy end with the mashed potatoes.
Roll it in... - 27.3754
Scotch Broth With Pearl Barley
Put the mutton into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
Bring to the boil again and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook for the recommended time.
Lift out the bones, trim... - 40.9185
Cut meat from bones, removing any fat.
Put meat, bones and stock into a large stewpan.
Bring to the boil and skim thoroughly.
Wash and blanch the barley.
Add it to the mixture, seasoning at the same time.
Simmer for an hour.
Add all the vegetables, diced, and... - 39.8334
Simple Shepard's Pie
Remove any skin, gristle or bone and cut the meat into small dice.
Parboil and finely chop the onion and place in a pie-dish with the meat and the gravy.
Cover with mashed potatoes and smooth and decorate the top to look like pie-crust.
Glaze... - 28.8503
Put the meat into a large saucepan.
Pour over the water and bring it to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises.
Add the barley and simmer for 20 minutes.
Put in the vegetables and seasoning, cover the pan and simmer the broth for 1 hour.
Remove the meat... - 38.2906
1) Clean meat and trim fat.
2) Take off meat and chop finely.
3) In a large saucepan, place meat and bone with water and salt.
4) In a small saucepan put pearl barley, cover with water and boil.
5) Strain and transfer into soup pot.
7)... - 44.2265
1. Soak barley for several hours, preferably overnight, in cold water.
2. Remove as much fat as possible from the lamb or mutton and put into a soup pot with the water and the drained barley. Add salt and pepper, the bay leaf, herbs, a whole onion stuck with... - 35.9327
Basic Kibbi Mixture
Wash the bur'ghul in cold water and drain well by taking handfuls and squeezing the water out.
(It is a good idea to wash and drain the bur'ghul a few hours before making up this recipe.
Keep it in the refrigerator until required.) With a sharp knife remove... - 40.4636
Minted Lamb Chops
Wash mutton chops.
Drain and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
Pound only the meat on the chops, hitting carefully with a meat mallet or a rolling pin (belan), taking care not to hit on the bones, to flatten and break the tissues to make it tender.
Mix all... - 43.8804
Steak Marchand De Vins
1) In a wide saucepan, place the chopped shallots and add wine; cook to reduce in volume by more than 1 1/2 and set aside to cool.
2) Cream the shallot- wine mixture with the butter.
3) Also cream in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley... - 45.1268
Lancashire Hot Pot
1) From the meat, trim away all the fat, gristle and bones and then cut it into cubes. Roll the pieces in seasoned flour and fry in hot fat to seal. Lightly brown.
2) Cut the potato into slices, keeping about half of the best slices for the top.... - 43.0873
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 46.7085
1. Wash, clean and cut (with bones) meat and soak in curds for half an hour.
2. Grind together half the onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, poppy seeds, coconut, red chillies and coriander.
3. Slice remaining onion.
4. Heat fat, fry onion... - 40.7357
1. Clean and cut met into 2.5 cm. (1") pieces with bones.
2. Chop onions, grind Kashmiri chillies, coriander, ginger, cumin and garlic.
3. Heat fat. Fry onion, add ground spices and fry well. Add tomatoes.
4. Add meat, half of the saffron and saltpetre.
5.... - 43.2057
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 46.6957
Gosht Nihari, a gift of Awadhs to Delhi cuisine. A hearty meal is the gosht nihari, a fantastic blend of meat with aromatic spices. There are other Pakistani versions which are equally succulent. Also the nihari was traditionally made with beef, and the bones... - 57.9005
Traditional Basic Bouillon
Put the bones in the bottom of a large saucepan; if used put the marrow into a piece of muslin and tie very tightly; add the pieces of meat tied tightly together, pour in cold water and heat.
When the liquid is about to boil, a greyish scum forms on the... - 37.9324