- » Mutton
Mutton, also used interchangeably with goat meat, is the term referred to the type of meat taken from the matured sheep, which is over two years of age; the meat of the young sheep is often referred to as lamb meat. ... More »
The preparation is unique, and if you follow the steps then you will be licking your fingers after you are done. - 48.2494
Mutton soaked in spicy green masala and fried to a thick spicy gravy. - 47.8885
Grind 3/4ths of the coconut to a paste and extract thin and thick milk.
Fry the remaining coconut and all the whole spices and grind to a paste with ginger and garlic.
Cover tamrind with hot water.
After 15 minutes squeeze out the juice.
Heat 4 tblsps oil and... - 45.9271
Mutton Chaps Masaledar
1) Make a paste big onion, coconut, ginger, garlic and chillies. Mix it with curd, salt and powdered spices.
2) Marinate mutton in this mixture and leave aside for an hour.
3) Lightly fry baby onions and potatoes.
4) Take a wok and... - 45.7407
Mutton Hot Pot
Trim skin and most of fat off mutton.
Arrange a deep layer of thickly sliced potatoes in bottom of well-buttered earthenware casserole.
Add mutton slices, slightly overlapping each other.
Season to taste with mixed salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme and mace.
Top... - 45.4108
My friends love this Mutton Badsahi recipe. This is a traditional recipe from Mughlai Cuisine. Mutton Badsahi is the most delicious non-vegetarian Indian dish . It is also a very popular marriage party dish in India. It is included as a main dish in Indian... - 45.3322
1. Prepare forcemeat by mixing all ingredients together.
2. Wash, wipe and cut meat into thin strip 7-10 cm. (3"- 4").
3. Spread stuffing on each, roll and tie up with cotton thread.
4. Melt dripping. Fry olives and pour off surplus fat.
5., Add stock and... - 44.941
Cut the mutton into big pieces.
Prick all over with a fork and cover with vinegar.
Set aside for 8 hours.
Grind together onions, ginger, garlic and whole spices fo a paste.
Heat 4 tblsps oil and fry the ground paste till a nice aroma comes out of it.
Add the... - 44.7206
Mutton With Parval
1) Make tamarind pulp.
2) Take a wok or a pan and roast coconut, coriander, poppy and cumin seeds, chillies and peppercorns.
3) Grind the spices along with peanuts and grams.
4) In a wok, heat ghee and fry onions until golden brown.
5) Add mutton... - 44.6579
1. Wash and wipe the meat.
2. With a sharp pointed knife remove the bones.
3. Prepare the stuffing.
4. Spread out the meat and sea-son and then place the stuffing.
5. Roll up being careful to tuck in any stuffing.
6. Tie securely with a string.
7. Weigh and... - 44.3687
Tournedos Of Mutton
1. Clean and cut the meat into neat round pieces about 1.75 cm. (3/4") thick and 7.5 cm. (3") in diameter.
2. Beat with a steak hammer. Season with pepper and salt and keep aside for a while.
3. Heat fat. Put in meat quickly, sear the outside of the meat.... - 44.3206
1) Take a wok ad heat some ghee. Roast coconut, poppy seeds and all the whole spices until fragrant and then make a fine paste.
2) Make a paste of garlic, ginger and chillies.
3) Marinate mutton with salt and turmeric and leave it for 30... - 44.16
1) Make a fine paste of onion, ginger and garlic.
2) Add salt to curd and add mutton to it. Keep aside for an hour.
3) Steam pumpkin and mash it.
4) Take a wok and heat oil. Fry onions in it until golden brown.
5) Add all the spices... - 44.0822
Mutton Dopiaza is delicious dish made from mutton, curd and spice blend. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi. - 43.8653
Green Cow Peas With Mutton
1. Wash and cut mutton. Grind ginger and garlic.
2. Wash, string and cut the cow peas into 1.25 cm. (1/2") pieces.
3. Chop half of the onions and fry to a golden colour, add mutton and fry.
4. Add ginger and garlic paste, dry spices and salt. Fry till... - 43.7449
1. Clean mutton, cut into 2.5 cm. (1") pieces.
2. Soak mutton in curds and salt for about 1 hour.
3. Grind together onions, ginger, garlic, turmeric and chilli powder.
4. Heat fat. Fry ground ingredients till rich brown in colour and fat starts oozing out.... - 43.6916
Mutton With Potatoes
1) Make a paste of chillies, garlic and ginger.
2) Coat mutton with turmeric and salt and keep it aside.
3) Lightly roast onions, coconut, cardamoms, anise and coriander seeds. Make a paste of these spices.
4) Take a wok and heat oil.... - 43.6358
Grate and grind 1/4 coconut and extract juice.
Roast half the coconut with 1 onion and whole spices on a dry girdle to a red colour, grind to a paste.
Cut the remainder coconut into pieces and fry to a red colour.
Boil the mutton with 1 chopped onion, ginger,... - 43.6314
Grind chillies, ginger, garlic and all the spices to a paste.
Mix with lime juice.
Apply on mutton and set aside for half an hour.
Dry roast the small onion and coconut and grind to a paste.
Heat 4 tblsps oil and fry the onions till soft.
Add the mutton and... - 43.319
Miroton Of Mutton
1. Clean and roast leg of mutton, cool and carve into thin slices.
2. Boil potatoes and mash.
3. Prepare a brown sauce with flour, butter, onion and stock.
4. Chop mint and parsley fine.
5. Dredge meat with pepper, salt and chopped parsley and mint.
6.... - 43.0135
1. Trim the meat and cut into neat pieces.
2. Melt fat and saute sliced onions.
3. Add bayleaf, mace and parsley.
4. Add meat and cook slowly for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Add stock and simmer on a gentle fire, till meat is tender.
6. Blend the flour... - 42.9275
1. Clean and cut meat into 2.5 cm. (1") cubes.
2. Grind the spices to a smooth paste.
3. Slice onions and fry till brown.
4. Add ground spices and fry.
5. When fat starts oozing out, add mutton; fry for about 20 minutes. Add stock and salt.
6. Reduce... - 42.8084
Mutton With Turnips
1. Clean and cut mutton into even sized pieces.
2. Peel and slice onions.
3. Heat fat; fry sliced onions; add mutton, turmeric, cumin and lightly bruised whole red chillies.
4. Fry the meat for 10-15 minutes, stirring all the time. Add turnips and stir.
5.... - 42.4022
Boiled Shoulder Of Mutton
Put the mutton into a large saucepan, add cold salted water to cover and bring to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises to the surface.
Add the onions, carrots, celery and bouquet garni.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer very gently for 1... - 42.2296
Spiced Mutton Rice
Heat the oven to 400 Â°F (Gas Mark 6, 200 Â°C).
Choose a pie dish that is not too large as the ingredients should come a little above the rim.
Grease it with a little butter.
Pack in the meat and apples in alternate layers.
Season each layer of meat with... - 42.1913
1)In a bowl, dissolve Maggi Coconut Milk Powder in 3 cups warm water and make the coconut powder.
2)In a mixer, grind cinnamon, cloves, red chillies and turmeric powder coarsely.
3)Heat a pan and pour in the coconut milk.
4)Add in chopped onions,... - 42.0908
1. Clean and cut meat.
2. Boil with cinnamon, cloves and salt till tender.
3. Grind together ginger, turmeric, red chillies, garlic and cumin, using vinegar.
4. Grind onions coarsely.
5. Heat fat. Saute onions, spices and meat. Fry well.
6. When meat is well... - 42.0871
1. Marinate meat in mixture of vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt in refrigerator for at least 4hrs.
2. Place marinated meat on tray, lined with foil. Brown meat on top in grill (this helps to seal juices). Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in large saucepan, saute onion... - 42.017
1. Wash and cut meat.
2. Soak in curds for half an hour.
3. Grind together poppy seeds dry coconut, garlic, ginger, coriander powder, red chillies (seeds removed), green chillies and half the onions.
4. Heat fat, fry remaining sliced onions.
5. Add ground... - 41.7967
1. Clean and cut meat into 2.5 cm. (1/2") pieces.
2. Boil radish in lime water till tender.
3. Grind together turmeric, red chillies, ginger, garlic, poppy seeds, gram, groundnut, cinnamon, cloves and pepper using a little vinegar.
4. Make 2 extractions of... - 41.7161
Mutton Chilli Fry
1. Clean and cut meat.
2. Grind chillies, turmeric, ginger, cumin and half the onion.
3. Slice the other half of the onion and garlic.
4. Heat fat and fry onion and garlic lightly. Add powdered cloves and fry.
5. Add meat and the ground spices. Fry well;... - 41.2717
1. Clean and trim leg of mutton.
2. Tie over with strips of bacon and roast.
3. Remove seeds from capsicum halves and fill with rice.
4. Fry roundels of brinjal in oil. Chop tomatoes roughly and toss in oil.
5. Cut meat into 5 cm. (2") rounds, 0.25 - 0.5 cm.... - 40.8765
Mutton And Spinach
Cut and boil the spinach with one chopped onion.
Grind to a paste, adding a few drops of green coloring.
Heat the ghee and brown the meat in it, stirring briskly.
Add the remaining onions, coriander powder, caraway seed and cardamom powder, garlic, chillies,... - 40.7171
Braised Leg Of Mutton
Thickly slice the onions, turnip and carrots.
Melt the dripping in a saucepan and sweat the sliced vegetables in it with the lid on, over a gentle heat for 5-10 min.
Almost cover with stock or water, add the bouquet garni and peppercorns.
Place the prepared... - 40.5196
Mutton Do Pyaz
1. Clean and cut meat into even sized portions.
2. Heat fat and fry sliced onions till golden brown. Remove.
3. Add ground spices and fry well.
4. Add meat and continue frying.
5. Add onion, salt and hot water.
6. Cook till meat is tender and gravy is... - 40.3295
Garlic Mutton Vindaloo
1. Clean and cut meat.
2. Grind spices using vinegar.
3. Smear spices on meat and set aside for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Heat fat. Fry meat.
5. Add remaining vinegar and more water if required.
6. When three-fourths done, add potatoes peeled and cut into quarters and... - 40.1445
This Mutton Fry recipe is loved by my family. Mutton Fry is a very popular Indian appetizer. It goes well with chutney, but it can also be eaten with tomato sauce. Try and enjoy this mutton fry recipe. - 39.554
Casserole Of Mutton
1. Clean and cut meat with bones.
2. Prepare the vegetables and cut into 3 cm. (1") cubes.
3. Melt the fat, then add the meat and vegetables and cooked with lid on over gentle heat for about 15 minutes stirring once or twice.
4. Remove from heat and warm... - 38.6669
Leg Of Mutton
Boil ten cups of water; put in the meat, salt, coriander powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cardamoms and bay leaves.
Partially cover the pan and cook on a moderate fire.
Add six or seven more cups of water, if necessary.
When the meat becomes tender, take it... - 38.1803
1. Clean and cut mutton into 02.5 cm. (1") pieces.
2. Chop onion fine. Pound cardamom seeds.
3. Heat oil. Saute chopped onion.
4. Add powdered cardamom seeds. Fry one minute.
5. Add prepared mutton, salt and coriander powder. Fry for a few minutes.
6. Add... - 38.1607
Mutton Recipes By Category