- » Mussel Shallot
Mussel Shallot Recipes
Enjoy our collection of mussel shallot recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for mussel shallot recipes.
Mussels And Shallot-wine Sauce
Mussels And Shallot-Wine Sauce is best to serve with mussels. This Mussels And Shallot-Wine Sauce donâ€™t require much ingredients too. Check out the recipe of Mussels And Shallot-Wine Sauce. - 37.3814
Mussels And Shallot Wine Sauce
Place mussels in a large bowl; cover with cold water.
Sprinkle with corn-meal; let stand 30 minutes.
Drain; rinse mussels.
Preheat oven to 500°.
Place rock salt in bottom of a shal-ilow roasting pan.
Arrange mussels in a single layer on rock salt.
Bake at... - 33.4787
Moules Mariniere is a french mussels recipe prepared with shallots and dry white wine. Flavored with bouquet garni and parsley, the Moules Mariniere is a french favorite and can be served with french fries. - 42.3629
Sole Normande is a seafood recipe prepared with sole along with shrimps and mussels. Oven cooked with shallots and mushrooms for flavor, the Sole Normande is served with a cream sauce poured over it. - 43.4049
Steamed Mussels In White Wine
Steamed mussels in white wine is a simple yet flavorful seafood recipe. Prepared with shallots cooked in italian dressing with mussels and white wine, it is flavored with chopped parsley for a fresh taste, seasoned and prepped with red pepper, it is served... - 29.6397
Have you ever tried this wonderful Mussels Cremolata recipe. I make it often for grand dinners at home. Try making the Mussels Cremolata for yourself and you will understand why I am so addicted to it! - 35.4898
Braised Garlic-thyme Mussels Paired With Matua Sauvignon Blanc
1) Heat up a large skillet on high heat and drizzle little olive oil.
2) Add the shallots and garlic to caramelize in hot oil.
3) Add the mussles and pour in chicken stock.
4) Season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
5) Brush the bread slices... - 109.627
If you like eating mussels then you will enjoy this dish. The chef shows how to make mussels with shallots in the video. It's really tasty and easy to make. Do check out the video for the detailed recipe. - 106.982
1) Take a stiff brush and scrub mussels under cold water. De-beard them and discard the open mussels.
2) In a large saucepan combine mussels, shallots, and wine. Place the saucepan over high heat and cover with a lid.
3) Cook the m... - 45.6883
Prepare mussels as described above.
Place in saucepan with finely chopped shallots and white wine.
Cover, boil gently 5 to 6 minutes or until mussels open; drain, reserving liquid.
Remove one shell from each mussel, leaving the meat attached to the other... - 38.7357
Mussels Stuffed With Herbed Almond Butter
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degrees.
2) With a vegetable brush, scour mussels under running cold water. Discard the beards and rinse. Remove cracked or open mussels, keep aside.
3) Peel and mince shallots measuring to 1/3 cup.
5) Crush garlic,... - 43.0296
Farfalle With Mussels
In a large pot, place the mussels, shallots, onions, garlic, 1 tablespoon of parsley, wine, and the peppercorns.
Cover, and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, or until the mussels open.
Remove from the heat, drain, and shell the mussels, discarding the... - 45.4359
Cauliflower Soup With Mussels
Cauliflower Soup with Mussels is simply scrumptious in taste. The divine mixture of potatoes, cauliflower, mussels, shallots, white wine, milk, nutmeg, egg yolk, and garnish with pepper, salt and chervil makes the cauliflower soup with Mussels out of this... - 47.4268
Mussels Gratinee has a Terrific tasteThe Green peppercorn and Butter gives the Mussels Gratinee Amazing taste. Must catch it - 34.7383
Mussels Cooked Like Snails
1) Select the fine fat mussels to scrape beard and clean with water.
2) In a saucepan, place the mussels with shallots, thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
3) Lightly season with salt and moisten with wine.
4) Preheat oven to 400°F.
5) Place... - 44.7814
Steamed Mussels In White Wine
In large saucepan or stockpot, heat Italian dressing and cook shallots over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 4 minutes or until mussel shells... - 30.888
Steamed Mussels In White Wine
1. Take a large saucepan or stockpot, heat Italian dressing and let the shallots cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender.
2. Put in remaining ingredients.
3. Let it boil, then simmer covered 4 minutes or until mussel... - 36.3378
– Clean and wash mussels.
– In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook shallots and herbs over low heat. Add mussels, white wine and ground pepper, then cover and cook over high heat until mussels open.
– With a skimmer, remove mussels and place in... - 34.8349
Garden Province Baked Mussels
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Add washed and threads-removed mussels to a little water and steam to open up. Take out the meat.
3. Take a shallow ovenproof dish, grease thoroughly with butter, arrange the mussel meat in it,... - 35.7194
Mussels Steamed In Wine
Scrape and scrub the mussels under running water.
Remove the beards.
Put into a large bucket of cold water, add a handful of bran, and leave overnight.
Wash mussels well.
In a large saucepan add wine, shallots, onion, butter, parsley, and seasonings.
Cook... - 41.3352
Monies Mariniere (steamed Mussels)
Brush and scrape mussel shells thoroughly, and wash in several waters.
Place in deep kettle; add wine, shallots, pepper and thyme.
Cover, bring to boil and simmer 6Ã¢â‚¬â€8 minutes until shells open.
Remove mussels in shells to large deep casserole... - 38.1089
Mussels A La Bonne Femme
Put the mussels in a pan with some white wine, a stick of chopped celery, chopped shallots and pepper.
Cook on a high heat.
When the mussels open, remove only one half of the shell from each.
Put them in a deep dish, and keep hot.
Dice the mushrooms and cook... - 28.6081
Mussels A La Saintongeaise
Scrape and wash the mussels, and put them in a saucepan with the onion, sliced, and the bunch of mixed herbs, and put on the lid.
Now open the mussels over a high heat.
Chop the garlic, shallot, and parsley, finely.
When the mussels are opened, remove one... - 30.4184
Mussels In A Cream Sauce
1. Wash the mussels well under cold running water.
2. Pull away any fibrous ‘beards’(pieces of rope that the mussels have grown on )and scrape off any barnacles that you may find on the shells of the mussels.
3. Throw away any mussels that... - 87.5133
Mediterranean Recipes - Mussels
This easy and fun Mussels Recipe with white wine sauce. This is one of the easiest Mediterranean Recipes out there. This dish can be easily served in 5 stars restaurants but as you see it can be easily done by anyone. Enjoy! - 0
Cream Of Mussel Soup
1. Scrub the mussels well to remove all exterior sand and dirt. Place them in a large kettle with the shallots, onions, parsley, salt, black pepper, cayenne, wine, butter, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer five to ten minutes, or until the... - 34.4923
Sauteed Mussels With Garlic And Herbs
1. Scrub the mussels. discarding any damaged ones that do not close when tapped with a knife. Put the mussels in a large pan, with 250 ml / 8 fl oz / 1 cup water, and the slice of lemon. Bring to the boil for 3—4 minutes and remove the mussels as they open.... - 29.2351
Mussels A La Normandie
Open the mussels over a high heat, and remove one of the two half shells that belong to each mussel.
Strain the water from the shellfish through muslin or a tea towel.
Now put this strained liquor into a saucepan with the glass of cider, the bunch of mixed... - 26.1434
Stir Fried Mussels
This delicious sea food stir fry is a specialty of Northern Kerala, prepared using mussels - a seasonally available (during the months of August-September) seafood on the coasts of Kerala. - 0
Fettuccine And Mussels
Place mussels in large pan with shallots, parsley, butter and wine.
Cover and bring to boil; cook about 4 to 5 minutes or until shells open.
Remove shells, pouring liquid back into pan.
Discard shells and set mussels aside.
Strain cooking liquid through... - 39.7472
West Coast Mussels
1. Grill tomatoes on a gas grill or ridged grill pan until the skin blisters; set aside. When cool, cut into large pieces.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo, red pepper flakes, garlic, shallots and grilled tomatoes; cook for 1 minute - 26.3077
Mussels And Pasta
Scrub mussels, remove beard.
Place mussels, wine, water and chopped shallots in large pan, cover, bring to boil reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes.
Drain mussels, discard any mussels which do not open.
Remove mussels from shells, reserve 24 shells, discard... - 45.5738
Fennel Salad With Mussels
Scrub the mussels thoroughly in plenty of cold running water.
Discard any with open or broken shells.
Place half in a casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, shaking the casserole midway through cooking.
Set aside in their cooking liquid and... - 41.1205
Place mussels in large saucepan. Add wine, pepper, parsley sprigs, shallots, fennel seed and fish stock. Cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat or just until shells open. Shake pan 2 to 3 times during cooking.
When mussels open, remove from pan and... - 29.9408
Mussels In White Wine
1. Wash and scrub the mussels well, discarding any that are open and will not close when lightly tapped. Place the mussels in a large saucepan, add the onion or shallots, and wine.
2. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the saucepan... - 33.1553
Mussels In Ginger Cumin Sauce
1. Discard any mussels that are open or have cracked shells.
2. Put mussels into a large, deep pan and sprinkle over half the shallot. Add the bay leaf and wine.
3. Cover the pan and bring to the boil, shaking the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the... - 43.0258
Steamed Mussels With Sauce Aurore
Soak mussels in a bowl of fresh water for 15 minutes.
Discard any mussels that are open, broken, chipped, or damaged.
If necessary, remove and discard the beard from each mussel by pulling it firmly with your fingers.
Remove mussels from soaking water;... - 44.6851
Turkish Mussel Salad
1. Place the mussels under cold running water and scrub to clean.
2. Snip off the beards.
3. In a large heavy pot, add water and boil mussels in covered pot for 6-8 minutes until the mussels open; shake pan once or twice.
4. Discard any mussels that... - 50.7695
Mussels With Cider Cream
Heat a knob of butter in a very large pan and cook the shallots and garlic for a couple of minutes.
Add the cider and mussels, put on a lid and leave for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan regularly, until the mussels have opened.
Discard any mussels that have not... - 37.3435
Pick over 3 quarts of mussels, discarding any that are not firmly closed.
Scrub each mussel under running water with a stiff brush.
With a small knife, scrape off the beard which protrudes from one side of the closed shell.
Soak them for at least 1/2 hour to... - 39.7743
Mussels In Beer Sauce
In a casserole dish, melt butter.
Lightly cook shallots 3 minutes or so.
Pour in beer.
Bring to a boil.
Cook 5 minutes or so.
Stir halfway through cooking.
Once mussels are cooked, remove with a slotted spoon.
Transfer to 4... - 37.686
Mussels A La Belle Mariniere
Put the washed mussels into a large pan: cover with a wet tea towel, over a high heat, shaking the pan now and again.
As soon as the mussels are wide open, take off the heat, and remove one half of each shell.
Strain through muslin or a tea towel the water... - 39.2405
Scrub mussels with a brush to remove dirt from shells; pull off beards.
Discard any mussels that do not close.
Place cleaned mussels in a kettle with mushrooms, shallots, wine, water, parsley sprigs and thyme.
Bring to a simmer.
Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes... - 45.1487
Penn Cove Steamed Mussels
Scrub the mussels under cold running water.
Remove barnacles with a small knife, and remove the beards.
Place the mussels in a large skillet with a lid.
Sprinkle them with the fennel, shallot, and wine.
Cover the skillet and place over medium-high... - 39.3954
1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 1 minute or until tender. Add mussels and wine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.... - 28.9362
Egg And Mussel Ramekins
Scrub the mussels and rinse under plenty of cold running water.
Discard any with shells that are broken or already open.
Spread on a dish, and add 2 tablespoons of water.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Shake the dish midway through the cooking... - 39.7651
Chicken With Mussels
Remove the root and outer leaf of the leek and quarter lengthwise.
Wash thoroughly, then cut into slices.
Put the shallots and leek in a casserole.
Add the butter and white wine.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Scrub the mussels under plenty of... - 45.034
Donegal Mussel Soup
Scrub the mussels and scrape off the beards.
Discard any mussels that are not tightly shut or any that seem too heavy as they may be full of sand.
Leave to soak in cold water for 2 hours, then wash and drain again.
Grease a large saucepan with 15 g/1/2 oz of... - 42.3001
Mussel And Spinach Bisque
1. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the spinach until just wilted, 30 seconds. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool, then gently squeeze out the excess water.
2. In a large pot, bring the wine and water to a boil with the bay leaves. Add the... - 31.6973
Mussel, Potato And Asparagus Salad
1) In a large saucepot, add the potatoes in the boiling salted water, then simmer on a low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2) Then drain and allow the potatoes to cool.
3) In a medium bowl, mix parsley, shallots, vinegar,... - 46.6773
Mussels With Thai Herbs
1. Put all the ingredients, except the spring onions and coriander, in a large saucepan and stir Thoroughly.
2. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, shaking the saucepan occasionally, until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that do not open.
3. Transfer the... - 33.6984
1) Remove mussels with broken shells or the ones that do not close when tapped.
2) Wash mussels under cold running water.
3) Scrub the mussel and pull away beard.
4) Using a sharp knife scrape off any barnacles.
5) Wash under running water... - 43.7826
Place mussels, butter and wine in large saucepan.
Add water and shallot.
Cover and bring to boil; cook until shells open.
Remove saucepan from heat.
Separate mussels from shells, pouring juices back into saucepan.
Set mussels aside and discard shells.
Strain... - 40.6883
Pasta Mussels And Wine Sauce
1.Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions.
Drain and keep warm.
2.Place garlic, onions, wine, water, thyme and parsley in a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
Drop in mussels, reduce heat and simmer... - 42.6082
Mussels A La Mariniere
Mussels A La Mariniere! Trust me, this yummy mussel soup has an intoxicating and addictive taste. It is of no wonder that I have my guests calling me up for the recipe for the Mussels A La Mariniere every time I serve it for my parties! Why donâ€™t you... - 46.039
Linguine With Steamed Clams And Mussels
1. Scrub clam and/or mussel shells after soaking them in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Cook linguine in a pot with boiling water along with salt until it is firm, but nor hard. Drain and keep aside.
3. Add clams and/or mussels to a large pot with lid... - 41.4277
Mussels "a How-to Guide"
In this Mussels "A How-To Guide" video you get to know everything about eating Mussels. Mussels are inexpensive and highly nutritious, 1 kg costs less than a fast food dish. However, it is important to have complete knowledge of checking whether the mussels... - 47.4263
Salmon & Mussels With White Wine & Cream
1. If any mussels are open, tap them lightly on a hard surface. If they don't close, discard them. Season the salmon. Heat a frying pan, add a knob of the butter and the olive oil. Fry salmon on both sides for 2 mins or until just cooked, but still slightly... - 35.2538
Put the mussels into a large frying pan with the wine.
Cover the pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mussels to a deep serving dish, discarding any that have not opened, and keep warm.
Strain the cooking liquid.
Melt the butter in a... - 45.7483
Mussel And Potato Salad
1. In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and then rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well. Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Meanwhile, scrub the mussels... - 37.7947
Scallop Mussel And Asparagus Salad With Orange Saffron Dressing
1. Fill a medium saucepan with 1/2 inch of water and insert a steamer bas-ket. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, add the asparagus pieces, cover and steam until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes. Remove the basket and rinse the asparagus... - 39.9985
1. In a deep kettle or saucepan, heat three tablespoons of the butter, add the garlic and shallot and cook over low heat one minute. Add the leeks and bay leaf and cook two minutes longer.
2. Add the mussels, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour the wine... - 39.1222
Black Mussel Fettuccine
BRING A LARGE POT of salted water to a boil.
HEAT THE OLIVE OIL in a large saucepan and add the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic.
Saute until the mushrooms begin to soften.
Add the Scotch and tilt the pan so the liquid settles to one side, warming it for just a... - 43.8493
Mussel And Red Bean Salad
1. Soak the mussels in a bowl of cold salted water to remove any sand, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the shallots and saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat to high and... - 38.9232
Steamed Mussels With Saffron And Spicy Couscous
1.Start by preheating the oven to 250° F
2. To prepare a couscous, In a medium saucepan, take the vegetable broth and boil it, add chilli powder, cumin, a pinch of salt, and the pepper, and now cover it
3. In a large skillet, heat the... - 47.4678
Baked Mussels With Herbs
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Fill a large shallow roasting pan or jelly-roll pan evenly with rock salt (or coarse salt) to a depth of 1/2 inch.
3) Under cold running water, scrub the reserved mussel shells thoroughly, then pat them... - 43.0873
Saffron Risotto With Mussels And Bottarga
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of the fish stock to a simmer. Transfer the fish stock to a measuring cup and crumble in the saffron threads.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the smashed garlic and cook over moderate heat... - 33.0848
1) Steam and cook the mussels until opaque.
2) Steam mussels for 6 to 8 minutes, discarding any that fail to open.
3) Grease two graintee dishes with butter and divide the mussels equally in them.
4) Take a small pan and melt butter in it. Brown... - 41.8033
Garlic Wine Steamed Mussels
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add wine, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Return to a boil; add mussels and tomato. Cover and... - 28.4362
Mussels Au Gratin
Place mussels in very large saucepan. Add wine, cover and cook over medium heat just until shells open. Shake pan 2 to 3 times during cooking. Discard any shells that do not open.
Remove mussels from shells, drain well and chop. Set aside. Empty liquid from... - 38.6235
Sauteed Mussels In Tomato Wine Broth
1. Heat oil in an 8-quart or larger pot with lid over medium-low heat. Add fennel, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring,
2 minutes. Stir in wine, clam... - 35.1059
Mussels In Wine And Garlic
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add onions or shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions or shallots are golden. Add wine and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add... - 29.3107
Mussels In Herb Sauce
1 Thoroughly scrub the mussels under cold running water using a stiff brush or soapless steel-mesh scouring pad.
2 Using a small, sharp knife scrape or pull the black ropelike tufts from the shells and discard them.
3 In a heavy... - 43.6846
Mussels With Herbs
Mussels With Herbs is a wonderful seafood dish that will add an exquisite element to your dinner spread. This Mussels With Herbs recipe is informative and easy to follow! Try it! - 30.166
Linguine And Mussels Marinara
1. Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pasta sauce and red pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5... - 32.2887
How To Make Grilled Clams And Mussels
If you are searching for some simple appetizer recipe to serve in your barbeque party, then watch this video. Grilled seafood platter is a perfect delicacy, which can be prepared within 10 minutes. With the addition of some fresh herbs, it becomes more... - 125.414
In a large high-sided skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
Saute shallots and garlic until soft.
Add Chardonnay and reduce by one-third.
Add cream, tarragon, dry mustard, paprika, salt, white pepper, and lemon zest.
Simmer until thickened, about 10... - 42.4947
Garlic Wine Steamed Mussels
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium to high heat and saute shallots and garlic in it for three minutes
2. Add wine, bay leaf, thyme, lemon juice and salt to it and allow it to come to a boil
3. Turn the heat down and simmer for ten... - 40.5611
You can use black or New Zealand green-lipped mussels for this French recipe. When buying either type, select ones with tightly closed shells that are not cracked or broken. If a mussel is open, tap it; it should close promptly. To clean mussels, scrub the... - 36.7312
Mussel Soup With Saffron Basil And Spinach
1. Put the saffron into a small heatproof bowl, pour over the measured boiling water and set aside to infuse. Discard any mussels that are broken or open. Put a large colander over another bowl.
2. Pour the wine into a saucepan large enough to accommodate all... - 36.7483
Wild Rice And Mussel Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the pine nuts in a small baking pan. Bake, shaking the pan occasionally, until the nuts are toasted and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. (The nuts can be toasted ahead of time.)
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice... - 39.1681
Steamed Mussels And Tilapia Tempura With Shirachi Mayonnaise
Chef Tony Clark makes four seafood dishes that can also be found at his restaurant in Cape May, NJ. Chef Victor Orsini comes on to talk about the seafood available for home delivery from Rastelli Direct, and Eugene Engel brings a great wine. - 112.706
It’s a classic dish with only five ingredients so prep and cook won’t take more than 30 minutes. This basic Moules Marinière recipe is also very versatile. Add fries to get Moules Frites (mussels and fries), or toss the mussels and mussel water with... - 126.212
Moules Mariniere In White Wine
Wash mussels; scrub thoroughly to remove weed or sand.
Knock or scrape off barnacles; remove beards.
Examine carefully; if any are not tightly closed, discard immediately, as they are poisonous if not alive when cooked.
Soak in plenty of cold water; they will... - 40.516
Easy Moules Marinière
Open the mussels by the French method.
Strain the liquid through muslin, to remove any traces of sand, then return the liquid to the pan with the butter and boil rapidly until reduced by half.
Meanwhile, remove the beards from the mussels, and return the... - 33.997
French Moules Marinière
Put the mussels into a large saucepan with the shallots, pepper, wine and bouquet garni.
Cover the pan and bring to a boil, shaking the pan occasionally.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Discard any mussels that do not open.
Remove the pan from the... - 37.2616
Clean mussel shells to remove barnacles and algae.
Steam mussels in wine, with shallots, parsley sprigs, bay leaf, thyme and pepper until they open.
(Discard any mussels whose shells have not opened).
Remove mussels and set aside.
Strain liquid through cheese... - 40.9116
Salad De Moules
1) Wash the mussels under cold running water by removing "beards." Discard the cracked or still open mussels.
2) In a large, heavy pan with a tight-fitting lid, place the mussels.
3) Add shallots, parsley sprigs, thyme and bay leaf.
4) Lightly... - 46.1419
Billi Bi Soup
Billi Bi is a wonderful seafood soup that will has won me plenty of compliments and fans! Last weekend I surprised my in laws. Needless to say, Billi Bi seemed to be winning me a quiet a few hearts! - 49.123
Moules A La Cremaillere
Scrub mussels under running water and trim off the beards.
Pour wine over mussels in a saucepot; add shallots, parsley, butter, and white pepper to taste.
Cover tightly and cook over high heat about 2 minutes.
Stir the mixture and cook, covered, 2 minutes... - 39.8014
1) Scrub and rinse the mussels well, discard mussels that have holes in them, are open, or have marine growth in them.
2) Take a wide pan and add mussels, wine, water, peppercorns, shallots, garlic, carrots, and bouquet garni.
3) Bring... - 43.8626
Scrub the mussels.
Bring the water shallots or onion, bay leaf and thyme to boil for 4 minutes, add half the wine and steam the mussels over this until they open.
Remove the mussels from the shells and set aside.
Strain the broth through a fine sieve.
Place... - 43.7471
Moules A La Poulette
1) Properly clean the mussels and discard the broken or open shells, if any.
2) Scrape away all the grit and scum. Remove the beards, which are basically the hard, hair-like filaments that tend to protrude from between the two shells.
3)... - 45.4003
1) In the cleaned sink, place the mussel, and scrub using a hard brush in several changes of cold water until they are clean.
2) Using a sharp paring knife, remove any barnacles.
3) Using kitchen scissors, cut off the beards or tufts of hair... - 42.8334
Mussel Shallot Recipes By Category