- » Mussel Chowder
Mussel Chowder Recipes
Mussel Chowder is a thick and creamy soup which is prepared using Mussels as the main ingredient along with potatoes, onions, cream and tomato sauce. The mussels are first cooked with wine and then de-shelled and ... More »
Clam And Mussel Chowder
1. Soak live clams in cold salted water for 3 hours or more but change the water at least twice in the 3 hours.
2. Scrub the shells and remove the beards of the mussels.
3. Dice the bacon and finely chip the onion, garlic, parsley and... - 45.9139
Crab Or Mussel Chowder
Blanche green pepper by cooking in boiling water for 1 minute; drain.
Rinse under cold water and drain again.
In large saucepan, fry pork over gentle heat, stirring until it starts to brown.
Add onion and celery, cook until golden brown.
Add green pepper,... - 44.1228
Blanch green pepper by cooking it in boiling water for 1 minute; drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
In a large saucepan, fry pork over gentle heat, stirring, until it starts to brown.
Add onion and celery and cook until golden brown.
Then add... - 42.4841
Scrub the mussels clean and cut the fish into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) pieces.
Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion, celery and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, without browning.
Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in the stock and bring to the... - 41.477
Homemade Mussel Chowder
Remove mussels from shells; discard shells.
Line a colander with moistened cheesecloth; pour mussel liquid through cloth.
Measure liquid; you need 1 1/2 cups (add water, if necessary).
Melt butter in a 3- to 4-quart pan; add onion, celery, and... - 39.4662
Hearty Mussel Chowder
1. Place mussels and wine in a large saucepan. Cover and place over high heat; bring to a boil. Steam for 4 minutes or just until shells open. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Add enough water or stock to make 2 cups (500 mL) liquid. Remove mussel meat from... - 35.5589
1. Scrub the mussels thoroughly, removing the beards and discard any mussels that are open.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, celery, potato, garlic and saffron and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, without browning. Stir in the flour and... - 33.5676
Clam Crab Or Mussel Chowder
Cook onion and celery in a covered medium saucepan stirring occasionally until transparent.
Add bouillon and bring to a boil.
Add potatoes; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
Stir in seafood and milk; heat but do not... - 30.4207
Mussel Chowder Recipes By Category