- » Mumbai
Mumbai food is the combination of dishes and drinks belonging to largest Maharashtrian capital city called Mumbai. Mumbai is a metro city that has people belonging to different cultures and societies.Hence the Mumbai ... More »
Chirote is a crisp sugary affair ! Oh yes! This crunchy sweet has a surprise syrup oozing out with every bite. This is a typical Diwali sweet in North India. But then, you don't have to wait till Diwali to make it. Enjoy making it now! - 130.395
Famous Bombay Sandwich
This name, famous Bombay sandwich tells its entire story by itself as it is the most famous sandwich in Bombay, but to give you a better idea it can be called a vegetarian's club sandwich. The video shows how easily it can be made with the simplest... - 125.258
Spiced Bombay Potatoes
Bombay potatoes gives you the taste of authentic Indian food. If you have plenty of potatoes, try making this recipe. You will love it. - 110.345
Pav Bhaji - Indian Vegetarian
If you have plenty of fresh vegetables available with you, then prepare this delicious pav bhaji at home. Take a look at this impressive video that shares a super simple recipe to make this awesome snack at home. It can be eaten as a snack or as a meal in... - 107.444
Bombay Ice Halwa
To make the topping mixture:
1. Mix almonds, pistas, cardamom and saffron and keep aside.
2. Grease 2 thick plastic sheets on one side, keep aside.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pan, mix semolina, ghee, sugar and milk.
4. On a stove on... - 103.566
Crazy Agwa Bomb
What do you get when you cross equal parts of Agwa with an energy drink? Simple, an Agwa Bomb. This is one cocktail that is sure to get your heart racing and set you for the big act. But watch out, this isn’t a drink for the faint-hearted as it tastes quite... - 103.187
Irish Car Bomb Cocktail
Want a really potent drink? Want to get drunk? Try this Irish Car Bomb cocktail. A word of caution, this is not meant for amateurs. - 100.854
Bubble Bomb Cocktail
The Bubble Bomb Cocktail is a drink with some super powers! Three Olives Bubble vodka is your primary ingredient, and Derrick is mixing it with an energy drink. You can use Redbull or whatever you want. Watch and learn, folks! - 99.7079
Yummy – but that is an understatement! The Masala Pav is a typical Indian street food that has lot flavor packed into it. I think, this would be an excellent snack to serve to guests at a party. Check out this video from Madhuras kitchen where it is all... - 99.347
Sweet Bomb Pop
Try a drink that will knock your skull off. Sweet but not cloying, bomb pop is just perfect for you if you have got a sweet tooth. Just toss some raspberry rum, Bacardi Razz, some Blue Curacao a bit of lime juice, grenadine and a splash of 7-up in the shaker... - 98.412
Charged Vegas Bomb
If you simply hate drinks that come with prissy presentations, then you will surely love this one. Just like the name, this power-packed cocktail is anything but priggish. Charged up with butterscotch and the acidic punch of redbull, this easy to build-up... - 97.9449
Cherry Bomb Cocktail
Explosive flavors of coconut, pineapple, tropical sensations and a wee bit of milk goes in the making of this cocktail. Of course, this cocktail also contains vodka, tequila and rum but who's counting! Tropics, here I come! (So should you.) - 97.2369
Cedar Plank Bacon Bomb
The Bacon Bomb – one of the most wildly excessive pork-based meal. Pork Bacon addicts, rejoice! This delicious "Low and Slow" Pork Stuffed and Bacon wrapped Meat Loaf is not only outrageous, but it's real easy to do. For health reasons, you should... - 95.4064
Grilled Bison And Turkey Bacon Bomb
You are among many who feel that many of the original recipes are high calorie and often make some or other changes to it just like the chef in this video. He makes bison turkey smart bomb in a different way so that it has fewer calories. - 93.8424
Baby Bella Bacon Bomb
Guiltless Glutton. Here is a huge, bodacious; bursting at the seams, Bacon- Bomb or rather a Bacon explosion is one bad boy on the grill! This is indeed the most wildly excessive pork-based meal you’ll probably ever see. Basically it is a giant pork loaf,... - 90.4219
Bacon Bomb On Cedar Planks
How about twisting things a little this festive season? Watch the video recipe for Bacon Bomb on Cedar Planks. This can also be a part of your rustic Christmas feast. Try it out this season. The cedar planks take this dish to a whole new level. Happy Grilling! - 87.3521
Barbecued Bacon Wrapped Pork
Never thought that bacon and pork can make such an explosive combo. Look at this impressive video that shares an absolutely remarkable recipe that would definitely be a hit in your barbeque party. Watch this spectacular video and give it a try! - 81.1623
Baby Bella And Bacon Bomb
Have you ever barbecued outside in winters? If not, then try this Baby Bella and Bacon Bomb this winter. It’s a great feast to warm up your entire family. Watch and learn how to prepare this dish from this video. - 81.0541
Cherry Bomb Chicken
It is true that one can never really have enough chicken recipes. The Cherry Bomb Chicken is a grilled chicken with a creamy pureed cherry sauce and a nice touch of heat. Watch and learn how to make this dish from Robin in this video. Enjoy! - 79.8844
Bombay Halwa is a Sindhi recipe and a popular Indian sweet that’s feared for its high calorie and high fat content but loved for its incomparable, heavenly taste. - 52.9465
Bombay Banana Salad
1. Grate peel from 1 orange and reserve it for dressing.
2. Peel and slice oranges.
3. In a bowl, toss salad ingredients with dressing.
4. To make the dressing combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
5. Blend until... - 47.0645
Season flour with the salt and pepper; coat chicken pieces with mixture.
Brown chicken in butter; remove from skillet.
Cook onion in remaining butter till tender but not brown.
Add raisins and heat till they puff.
Stir in rice, coconut, and peanuts.
Sprinkle... - 46.7538
Bombay Chicken Salad
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take a baking sheet, arrange almonds on it and brown them in the oven.
3.Mix boiling water, rice, curry and salt.
4.Let the mixture settle at room temperature.
5.Add meat, tomatoes, onion, and salad... - 46.7266
1. In a bowl beat the eggs well.
2. Put in the cream, anchovy essence and chopped capers, and mix well.
3. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. In a non-stick saucepan melt the butter and add the egg mixture.
5. Cook gently over a low... - 44.9647
Bombay Vegetable Fritters
First make the batter.
Rub the oil into the flour until the oil is evenly absorbed.
Mix in the salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper.
Slowly pour in 1 cup warm water, beating continuously until the mixture is thin and smooth.
A food processor or electric... - 44.8044
1. Clean the rice, peas, and lentils by rinsing them. Then add to a saucepan.
2. Pour water over the rice, peas and lentils and boil it. Boil further for a minute.
3. Remove from heat, cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
4. Drain... - 44.2497
Coat chicken in 1/3 cup flour, paprika and salt.
Brown in butter in a skillet.
Saute onion in the skillet.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
Add to onions.
Stir in 1 cup uncooked rice, salt, light golden raisins, coconut, mandarin... - 44.1236
Make crepe batter.
Meanwhile, to make filling: In saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour and curry and cook for 2 minutes.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
Season with salt and pepper; blend in... - 43.7025
Rainbow Bomb Ice Cream
Rainbow Bomb is a delicious Mixed ice cream dish. Often, my husband cant stop scoopin this ummy dish down! You should really make the Rainbow Bomb for your family just to see the joy on their faces! - 43.3842
Curried Salad Bombay
Microwave Directions: In deep 2-quart microwave-safe dish, place turkey breast and broth.
Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes.
Reduce power to MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) and microwave 7 minutes.
Turn turkey breast over; cover... - 43.0611
In medium skillet, melt butter.
Add curry and heat 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in onion and cook till tender but not brown.
Blend in flour, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
Add chicken broth all at once.
Cook and stir till boiling; cook 2 minutes longer.
Add cooked... - 43.0607
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
Add the peas.
Add the flaked rice and fry until crisp and golden (making sure the mixture doesn't burn).
Using a slotted spoon, remove the mixture from the pan and place on a... - 42.9412
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
Butter sixteen 2-1/2" x 1-1/4" muffin cups.
Combine rice and milk in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer until all milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, curry... - 42.0355
1. Cut filets in 2 inch cubes.
2. In heavy bag, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and chicken pieces tossing to coat chicken thoroughly.
3. In medium-large skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons... - 41.6177
1. In a skillet add the shortening and brown the chicken in it. Pour off the fat.
2. Add onion, garlic, thyme, curry, water and soup in the skillet.
3. Cover the skillet and cook it on low flame for 45 minutes or till the chicken gets tender.
4. Keep... - 41.4439
Bombay Grilled Duck
In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine the ginger, soy sauce, garlic, oil and cinnamon.
Rinse the duck and pat dry with paper towels.
Add to the bag.
Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
To prepare... - 40.9403
On a large serving platter place the lettuce leaves.
Put the shrimp around the leaves toward the edge of the platter.
Mix the rice with the vegetables.
Blend the oil, lemon juice, salt, curry and pepper.
Pour into the rice and mix thoroughly.
Place the rice... - 40.6099
1) In a wok or large skillet, sauté chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onion and peas in half the oil.
2) Take off the mixture from skillet and then keep aside warm.
3) In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and then sauté rice and seasonings in it for 3... - 40.5224
Wrapped Bacon Barbecued Pork
Have a cut of meat with some wrapped bacon for a change! This is something that is roasted and cut into thick slices to gorge on! See the video for more! - 40.2955
Mappy's Fried Bombay Duck
Soak Bombay duck in water for 20 minutes.
Remove and pat dry.
Slit open and remove backbone.
Fill with chutney, fold back and press.
Dip into beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
Deep fry fish in hot oil.
Serve with khichdi and sas (hot and sour sauce). - 39.7117
I love to serve this dish in the fall, when the combination of crisp apple, squash and yellow peppers seems to match the colors of the season. Enjoy! - 39.4379
Bombay Banana Salad
Grate peel from 1 orange, reserve peel for dressing.
Peel and slice oranges.
In bowl, toss salad ingredients with dressing.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth.
Stir in grated orange peel. - 39.0611
Bombay Banana Salad
This Bombay banana salad was as good as the similar banana sandwich I served at dinner. And there was literally none who did not like this Bombay banana salad of mine. Your family will love you! - 38.2427
Fish Bambloe Or Bombay Duck
1. Clean fish, open them. Centre bones may be removed or left on as desired. Wash thoroughly.
2. Keep between flat plates with weight on top to remove excess liquid. Dry on cloth.
3. Grind together spices with tamarind pulp, vinegar and salt.
4. Rub into the... - 37.831
Bombay Cheese Bake
1. Heat water in a large pan. Scald milk over it.
2. Place egg yolks in a bowl and beat well, add scald milk, butter, bread cubes and salt.
3. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
4. Add cheese, cool.
5. Fold in beaten egg white.
6. Pour... - 37.7891
1. In a large bowl cream butter with brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, then mix in peanuts and raisins.
2. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and curry powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and combine well.
3. Form... - 37.748
1. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, paprika, cumin, and coriander.
2. In a rectangular ovenproof glass or earthenware dish, place the fish.
3. Pour the yogurt marinade on the fish.
4. With the back of a spoon, spread the marinade evenly on the... - 37.5988
Saute onion and apple in butter over low flame.
Stir in chicken soup.
Do not add water.
Salt to taste and add curry powder.
Heat over low flame until smooth.
Add shrimp or chicken.
Place avocado half on bed of rice on each plate and fill with curry mixture. - 37.0132
Bombay Club Sandwiches
Prepare Tangy-Sweet Spread.
Preheat broiler or toaster oven.
Place pineapple rings on a baking sheet or toaster-oven tray.
Sprinkle pineapple lightly with brown sugar.
Broil pineapple until hot and bubbling.
Spread 8 slices generously with... - 36.9473
Bombay Curried Shrimp
Combine shrimp and flour in a bowl; toss well, and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add shallots and curry powder, and saute 1 minute.
Add bell pepper, and saute 1 minute.
Add tomato, coconut milk, basil, lemon juice,... - 36.1584
Cream together cream cheese, mayonnaise, onions, and green pepper; mix in rhubarb and curry powder.
Spread this mixture on 4 slices of bread; add a slice of turkey to each and season.
Top with other 4 slices and cut in 1/2. - 35.3644
1. In a cocktail shaker, put the ice cubes.
2. Pour the lemon juice, grenadine, Calvados and brandy over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
4. Serve chilled and decorate it with a slice of lemon and... - 35.172
Classic Bombay Cocktail
Are you looking for a Classic Bombay Cocktail recipe that will blow away your senses? here's one for you that is really easy to prepare and will fetch you a bag full of compliments too. If you like this recipe of Classic Bombay Cocktail, please share with... - 35.1185
1. Cook the baby potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, tamarind paste, sugar, ginger, ground coriander, garlic, chilli powder and lemon juice with salt to taste... - 34.2661
Bombay Tomato Sauce
Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds; cook for 5 minutes to soften the seeds then add chopped onions.
Cook slowly, but do not brown.
When soft, add skinned, chopped tomatoes, salt, finely sliced ginger and ground coriander seeds.
Add the chopped chillies but... - 33.7663
Bombay Cheese Chips
1. Sift in a bowl flour, salt, pepper and chilli powder.
2. Add butter and mix well. Add cheese.
3. Sprinkle enough water to hold ingredients together. Knead well and make a smooth dough. Shape into roll 1 1/2" diameter, wrap in waxed paper. Chill until... - 33.1723
1. In a bowl gently add all the ingredients and combine well.
2. Let it chill for about 2-3 hours and serve. - 32.8181
1. Place butter in 2-quart (12x7) glass baking dish.
2. Microwave on ROAST for about 1 1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in curry powder and ginger. Place chicken pieces, skin side down and thick edges toward outside, in curried butter. Sprinkle with salt and... - 32.4726
In skillet, brown chicken in shortening; pour off fat.
Add soup, water, onion, garlic, curry, and thyme.
Cover; cook over low heat 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Stir now and then. - 31.9458
Melt butter in a glass casserole; blend in flour and curry powder.
Cook 40 seconds on High, stirring into a smooth paste.
Stir in cream gradually, cooking until sauce is smooth and medium thick, about 15 seconds between additions.
Stir in salt and pepper to... - 31.2182
Bombay Seafood Salad
1. Place cooked shrimp or crab meat and spring onions in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, mix well and chill.
2. Slice the top of the tomatoes, scoop out the pulp and reserve. Keep tomato shells upside down, chill.
3. Just before serving, arrange the lettuce leaves on... - 30.545
Put the brandy, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth, curacao and Pernod into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a chilled glass.
Garnish with a slice of peach. - 30.1544
Bombay Chicken Salad (india)
Combine chicken, rice and relish; toss until well blended.
Mix mayonnaise and cream; add to chicken mixture.
Add pimento and coconut; garnish with mayonnaise and paprika.
Serve at room temperature. - 30.0535
Sookka Boom1a No Tarapori Patio ( Dried Bombay Duck Pickle )
1. Remove the heads and tails of the Bombay ducks. Cut each into three pieces and clean the stomach cavity. Soak in water for half an hour and clean them well, wash and set aside.
2. Grind the masala by adding the sugarcane vinegar.
3. Takea vessel with a... - 29.9959
Tarela Taja Boomla [fresh Bombay Ducks Fried ( Second Method )]
1. Clean and wash the Bombay clucks as described in the first method and marinate in salt, chilli and turmeric powders, tamarind chutney, coriander and green chillies.
2. Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns to a fine paste and apply to the... - 29.7246
Bombay Brussels Sprouts
1. In a bowl, take mayonnaise, cheese, celery seed and curry powder and mix them well.
2. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over hot Brussels sprouts and serve hot. - 29.3737
Bombay Curried Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, combine butter, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add nuts, stirring to cover with seasonings.
3. Transfer to a baking pan and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until nuts are... - 24.7195
Tarela Taja Boomia [fresh Bombay Ducks Frie
1. Clean the Bombay ducks by cutting off the heads, fins and tails. Take a sharp knife and scrape off all the dirt and tiny scales. Wash them.
2. Add one cup wheat flour and mix it in the ducks. Roll them between your hands and then wash all the flour off.... - 24.491
Macaroni Cheese In Bombay Sauce
Make the tomato sauce and add the cream cheese, stirring well.
The dry crumbly cheese is the best as it sets better.
Cook the macaroni as instructed on packet, and drain well.
Stir it into the cheese-sauce mixture very gently, and pour into a greased... - 22.0022
Combine ice, brandy, apple cider, grenadine and lemon juice in cock tail shaker; shake well.
Strain into highball glass. - 18.6048
The cast of 'Jersey Shore' might be fist-pumping their way through the sandy shores of Miami but you can sit back, relax and enjoy these Jersey Shore-inspired cocktails from Three Olives Vodka, to serve at your viewing parties or to declare as your summer... - 15.5982
Please go to shebasrecipes dot com for all directions - 8.95408
Masala Pav By Tarla Dalal
Masala pav, whoever invented bread will be awe-struck to see it being put to such good use! Quick and easy, masala pav is made by stuffing spicy tomato-onion gravy inside butter-laden pavs. Sometimes, the pav is just roasted on the tava with butter, loads of... - 0
Masala Chana By Tarla Dalal
Masala chana- this is one cart vendor I want to bless, for providing a really nutritious meal! You can have the spiciness customized to your liking! Most popular at chowpatty, beaches and at railway stations too! - 0
Corn Sev Puris By Tarla Dalal
Street food enters your kitchen, and in a new corn-rich avatar! Papadis or little puris are topped with sweet corn and crunchy onions, and spiked with tangy ajwain-flavored tomato chutney. - 0
Hare Chane Ki Chaat By Tarla Dalal
Another street side chaat which is so simple to make but yet so delicious! It is a delectable blend of green chana, tomatoes, onions tossed in butter, spiked with a little chaat masala. Baked papadis added on top lend crunch to this recipe without adding on... - 0
Ragda Pattice By Tarla Dalal
Ragda pattice is a chaat that is loved by one and all. It is a filling snack made of potato pattice and white peas ragda, served with different chutneys and finally topped with papadi and sev, and garnished with coriander. . . - 0
Mumbai Recipes By Category