- » Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of mulligatawny soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for mulligatawny soup recipes.
1. Clean chicken pieces under running water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place the chicken pieces.
3. Pierce cloves into onion and add it to the chicken.
4. Add celery, carrots, tomatoes, apple, garlic, ginger, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and... - 48.8919
1) In a 2 pint bowl, place the vegetables along with 1/2 pint of hot water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables.
4) In a blender, puree them until smooth.
5) To... - 48.3451
Lamb Mulligatawny Soup
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Pat dry the pieces of lamb.
Heat the oil in a 2-3-quart pot over medium-high flame, and add the... - 47.0599
Calcutta Mulligatawny Soup
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) Arrange all the other ingredients.
3) In flour, roll the chicken pieces, coating completely.
4) Reserve the remaining flour, if any.
5) In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat the butter... - 46.4836
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal... - 46.4812
Curried Mushroom Sauce With Sherry
Combine first 8 ingredients.
Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 1 hour.
Bone and cut up chicken and return meat to stock.
Brown onion in shortening.
Stir in flour, curry powder and salt.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 45.9488
Put chicken, soup greens, onion, salt, bay leaf, and water into an electric cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and set aside.
Strain broth and reserve 1 cup.
Pour remaining broth into cooker.
Fry bacon in a skillet until lightly... - 45.1269
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to... - 45.0915
1) In a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup chicken broth. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 20 minutes till they become tender. Add in the cooked chicken. Heat till the chicken heats up. Cover the pan to keep warm.
2) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter... - 44.8385
White Mulligatawny Soup
1) Heat fat and oil and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
2) Stir in curry powder and cornflour followed by water and yeast extract or stock and allow the mixture to boil until thickened.
3) Blend soya flour with a little water.
4) Add almonds and... - 44.375
Mulligatwany soup is a soup of Anglo-Indian origin. Seasoned to taste, the mulligatwany soup is spiced with curry powder, mace and cloves. Cooked with vegetables, it also has chicken pieces along with apples in it too. - 43.6234
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
Stir in flour and curry powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture; mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken,... - 43.5887
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Soak the dhal.
Into six cups of boiling water put the dhal, one chopped onion and turmeric powder.
When the dhal gets quite soft, stir and pass it through a sieve.
Grind any dhal left in the sieve and pass it again through the sieve.
Melt the butter and fry... - 43.5046
Melt butter in a large kettle; saute onions, carrots, celery and green pepper until tender.
Stir in flour, curry powder, salt and cloves; cook 1 minute.
Gradually add water and Tabasco sauce; mix well.
Add turkey and half the apples; cover and bring to a... - 43.4957
Ask butcher to saw shoulder into pieces 2-inches thick.
Rinse meat in cold water, place in large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to boil slowly, skimming when necessary.
Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
Skim fat from surface.
Melt butter... - 43.1237
Apple Mulligatawny Soup
The mulligatwany soup is a prepared with vegetables and red gram. Cooked in a microwave, the mulligatwany saoup is filling and can be served as a main course in a meal and is flavored with bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, sambhar powder and lemon juice. - 42.9769
Chilled Mulligatawny Soup
1) Peel onion and finely chop.
2) Scrape carrot and finely chop.
3) In a large pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion and carrot till onion is transparent.
4) Sift flour and curry powder together. Add to the vegetables. Cook on... - 42.9185
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Blend in carrot, green pepper celery apple and chicken and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour Add cloves, curry... - 42.602
1. Prepare the vegetables and apples by washing, paring and chopping them.
2. In a pan saute them in fat along with diced chicken until brown.
3. Add flour and seasoning and blend.
4. Adding stock and tomatoes slowly stirring simmer for 1... - 42.5073
Heat chicken, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; skim fat from broth if necessary.
Add enough... - 42.0029
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 41.9999
Lemon-flavored Mulligatawny Soup
Add onion, carrot, celery, and apple; stir well.
Cook gently 5 to 6 minutes.
Add curry; cook a few minutes.
Add flour; mix well.
Cook a few minutes to brown slightly.
Add tomato puree and stock; blend well.
Bring slowly to boil; reduce heat.
Add... - 41.8069
Bacon Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets it taste from chicken mixed with bacon and cream, flavored with curry powder. Mulligatawny Soup is cherished by many people all over the world. - 41.8049
In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, and next 5 seasonings; cover and simmer 45 min., or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth.
Measure broth; if necessary, add water to make 1 qt.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and cut meat into... - 41.6245
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.4136
Add onion; simmer about 5 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients except rice, cornflour, lemon juice and curry powder.
Cook till vegetables are tender.
Remove bag of spices and coriander leaves.
Pass through a sieve.
Mix cornflour with a... - 41.3649
Mulligatawny Soup With Raisins
Soak the lentils in cold water overnight; rinse and drain.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until browned.
Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, lentils and remaining ingredients, with salt and... - 40.3628
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the margarine over moderate heat.
Add the onion, carrot, apple, celery, and green pepper and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Blend in the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute... - 40.2376
Saute onions, carrots, celery, chicken, and apple in margarine in deep kettle or Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk or half-and-half.
Simmer covered, 1/2 hour or until tender.
Just before serving... - 39.687
Beef Mulligatawny Soup
Heat the oil in a pan.
Fry the meat, onion, carrot and apple gently.
Stir in the curry powder and flour and slowly add the stock and seasoning.
Bring to the boil and add the rice, chutney and lemon juice.
Transfer to the Slo cooker and cook for recommended... - 39.1402
Fruity Mulligatawny Soup
Chop the apple and vegetables into tiny pieces, and toss in the hot dripping, then work in the flour and curry powder.
Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook until thickened.
Add chutney and sultanas and cook together for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
Rub through a... - 38.3221
Easy Mulligatawny Soup
In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, apples, carrots, water, undrained tomatoes, celery, uncooked rice, onion, raisins, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice, pepper, and mace or nutmeg.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or... - 37.7626
1. Cook carrots and celery in 1 cup of the Basic Chicken Stock in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken; heat just until hot; cover, keep warm.
2. Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in Dutch oven; stir in apple, curry... - 36.4719
Indian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add onions, apple and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, cumin and coriander and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or... - 36.139
Quick Mulligatawny Soup
1) In a saucepan, add soups, water, and curry powder.
2) Place the saucepan over heat.
3) Warm up the soup by occasional stirring.
4) Serve the soup in individual soup bowls by garnishing with coriander leaves, if desired. - 34.0711
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; sauté onion until tender.
Stir in tomatoes, potato, turkey, stock, curry and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring soup to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Season to taste, sp - 32.2967
1. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; add onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add apple; cook 1 minute longer.
2. Stir broth, salt, curry powder, mace and pepper into onion mixture; cook until mixture boils.... - 32.2887
1 Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in skillet or electric slow cooker with browning unit; stir in apple, curry powder and salt; saute 5 minutes longer, or until apple is soft; add flour.
2 Combine onion mixture, carrots, celery, classic chicken... - 32.0897
Classic Spicy Mulligatawny Soup
Heat butter or vegetable oil over low heat in a 6-quart pot. Stir in curry, mace or nutmeg, clove, sage, thyme and ginger. Add onion, carrot, celery, apple, green pepper and tofu. Stir until well mixed. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce... - 31.5621
Short Cut Mulligatawny Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell pepper, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add apple, curry powder, cloves, and broth. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Add brown rice, chicken, and stewed... - 27.9852
Mulligatawny Soup Recipes By Category