- » Mulligatawny Curried Chicken Soup
Mulligatawny Curried Chicken Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Mulligatawny Curried Chicken Soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Mulligatawny Curried Chicken Soup recipes.
Put chicken, soup greens, onion, salt, bay leaf, and water into an electric cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and set aside.
Strain broth and reserve 1 cup.
Pour remaining broth into cooker.
Fry bacon in a skillet until lightly... - 46.5627
5-min Mulligatawny Soup
In saucepan, blend soups and curry; gradually stir in water.
Heat; stir occasionally - 19.1459
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions until golden. Add the curry leaves and curry powder and fry for a minute longer. Add stock, chicken and celery and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and dice. Add chicken and coconut milk to... - 32.9828
Mulligatawny Soup Curry Soup
1) In a saucepan, sauté onion. Add in the curry powder, tomato puree and rice. Stir.
2) Pour in stock and let it come to a boil. Put in the apple.
3) When rice is soft and done, remover from heat.
4) In a liquidizer, puree the soup.
5) Pour back to... - 39.7148
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1 Cook carrots and celery in 1 cup stock in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken; heat just until hot; cover, keep warm.
2 Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in Dutch oven; stir in apple, curry powder and salt; saute - 27.9664
Bacon Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets it taste from chicken mixed with bacon and cream, flavored with curry powder. Mulligatawny Soup is cherished by many people all over the world. - 44.2128
Curried Mushroom Sauce With Sherry
Combine first 8 ingredients.
Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 1 hour.
Bone and cut up chicken and return meat to stock.
Brown onion in shortening.
Stir in flour, curry powder and salt.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 43.6247
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the margarine over moderate heat.
Add the onion, carrot, apple, celery, and green pepper and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Blend in the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute... - 41.8355
Quick Mulligatawny Soup
1) In a saucepan, add soups, water, and curry powder.
2) Place the saucepan over heat.
3) Warm up the soup by occasional stirring.
4) Serve the soup in individual soup bowls by garnishing with coriander leaves, if desired. - 32.2004
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and carrots in the butter over a medium heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for about 5 minutes until tender.
3) Stir in the curry powder,... - 47.665
Short Cut Mulligatawny Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell pepper, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add apple, curry powder, cloves, and broth. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Add brown rice, chicken, and stewed... - 30.4017
Mulligatwany soup is a soup of Anglo-Indian origin. Seasoned to taste, the mulligatwany soup is spiced with curry powder, mace and cloves. Cooked with vegetables, it also has chicken pieces along with apples in it too. - 44.7497
Indian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add onions, apple and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, cumin and coriander and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or... - 36.6573
1. Cook carrots and celery in 1 cup of the Basic Chicken Stock in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken; heat just until hot; cover, keep warm.
2. Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in Dutch oven; stir in apple, curry... - 36.7405
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
Stir in flour and curry powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture; mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken,... - 44.4219
Easy Mulligatawny Soup
In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, apples, carrots, water, undrained tomatoes, celery, uncooked rice, onion, raisins, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice, pepper, and mace or nutmeg.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or... - 37.9502
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.7333
1) In a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup chicken broth. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 20 minutes till they become tender. Add in the cooked chicken. Heat till the chicken heats up. Cover the pan to keep warm.
2) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter... - 43.9276
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal... - 47.3606
Calcutta Mulligatawny Soup
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) Arrange all the other ingredients.
3) In flour, roll the chicken pieces, coating completely.
4) Reserve the remaining flour, if any.
5) In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat the butter... - 46.9591
In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, and next 5 seasonings; cover and simmer 45 min., or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth.
Measure broth; if necessary, add water to make 1 qt.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and cut meat into... - 44.7195
Saute onions, carrots, celery, chicken, and apple in margarine in deep kettle or Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk or half-and-half.
Simmer covered, 1/2 hour or until tender.
Just before serving... - 40.1453
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces; brown lightly.
Melt butter or margarine in a 6-quart pot.
Add onion, carrots, green pepper and apple.
Saute until onion is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour, curry powder, salt and... - 47.1959
East Indian Mulligatawny Soup
East Indian Mulligatawney is a curried soup prepared with lots of pepper on a meat base. Finely chopped carrots, diced turnip and peeled tart apple are most important. The Indianized yet western version of East Indian Mulligatawney can be served with rice... - 45.6857
Roughly cut 2 of the apples, celery and onion.
Saute them in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with the butter.
Do not allow to color.
When vegetables are transparent, sprinkle in the curry powder and cook this for 10 minutes on very low heat.
Add the flour and cook... - 42.8269
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Saute apples, onion, garlic, green pepper, and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle on the flour and curry.
Rub them into the vegetables thoroughly with a wooden spatula, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a... - 44.5898
1. Saute onion and celery in margarine.
2. Blend in flour and curry powder. Stir in bouillon until slightly thickened.
3. Add remaining ingredients except milk and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Add milk and heat through but do not boil. - 37.3034
Mulligatawny is a special north indian soup made with vegetables and a meat of choice. This mulligatawny recipe is prepared with vegetables and pieces of tart apples. Spiced and herbed with parsley, the mulligatawny soup can be served over rice. - 43.0185
In large saucepan cook onion and curry powder in shortening til) onion is tender but not brown.
To cooked onion add chicken, apple, carrot, celery, and green pepper.
Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5... - 40.7045
Mulligatawny With Rice
Wash chicken and put in large kettle.
Add 2 onions, quartered, the celery, carrots, and water.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook remaining onion, chopped, and the garlic in the butter until golden.
Blend in flour and curry powder.
Add 1... - 44.8701
The day before your party, heat the oil and brown chicken pieces.
Add 1 quart broth or water plus 2 teaspoons salt.
Add bay leaves and cover.
Simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes for fryers, 1 1/2 to 2 hours for fowl.
Drain and refrigerate... - 40.6458
1) In a large saucepan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter.
2) Add the onion and chicken pieces, cover and gently simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the flour.
4) Simmer the mixture for about 40... - 45.4767
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Blend in carrot, green pepper celery apple and chicken and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour Add cloves, curry... - 44.2582
1. Prepare the vegetables and apples by washing, paring and chopping them.
2. In a pan saute them in fat along with diced chicken until brown.
3. Add flour and seasoning and blend.
4. Adding stock and tomatoes slowly stirring simmer for 1... - 42.937
Mulligatawny Soup With Raisins
Soak the lentils in cold water overnight; rinse and drain.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until browned.
Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, lentils and remaining ingredients, with salt and... - 42.1078
Heat chicken, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; skim fat from broth if necessary.
Add enough... - 44.2789
1 Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in skillet or electric slow cooker with browning unit; stir in apple, curry powder and salt; saute 5 minutes longer, or until apple is soft; add flour.
2 Combine onion mixture, carrots, celery, classic chicken... - 33.8537
1. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; add onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add apple; cook 1 minute longer.
2. Stir broth, salt, curry powder, mace and pepper into onion mixture; cook until mixture boils.... - 34.2615
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
Melt butter or margarine in blazer pan of chafing dish over direct high flame.
Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to butter or margarine; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
Add apple; cook until tender.
Stir in flour, salt, curry powder,... - 38.8744
In large saucepan cook onion and curry powder in shortening till onion is tender.
Stir in chicken, chopped apple, carrot, celery, and green pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over chicken... - 37.1858
In a 3-quart saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove cloves - 32.4417
1. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sautÃ© apple, onion, carrot and garlic until onion is tender.
2. In a blender jar with cumbing blades, put together apple mixture, water, flour, bouillon cubes, curry powder and salt; process... - 45.4523
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 46.7085
Mulligatawny With Fish
1) In a saucepan heat oil, add curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and fry until golden brown.
2) Mix other spices and fry for 1-2 minute.
3) Stir in coconut milk and remaining ingredients along with stock.
4) Boil the mixture and simmer for 5... - 45.5447
Melt butter or margarine in deep kettle, and saute next 5 ingredients, stirring frequently, until onion is tender but not browned.
Stir in flour, then remaining ingredients except milk and chicken.
Cover, and simmer 1/2 hour.
Just before serving, add milk and... - 33.8583
In a slow electric crockery cooker combine chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, apple, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, and snipped parsley.
Combine lemon juice, sugar, curry powder, cloves, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper; stir into... - 37.3949
In 3-quart casserole, cook onion, curry, and shortening, covered, at HIGH for 2 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
Stir in chicken, apple, celery, carrot, and green pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender, stirring... - 39.3482
Mulligatawny With Coconut Dressing
In a 3-quart saucepan stir together the chicken broth, fresh tomatoes or undrained canned tomatoes, apple, carrot, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, curry, cloves, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15... - 30.7381