- » Mulligatawny
Mulligatawny is a thick soup that originated in France but has now become popular in all parts of the world. How to make mulligatawny right is something that requires years of experience and not just following ... More »
1) In a 2 pint bowl, place the vegetables along with 1/2 pint of hot water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables.
4) In a blender, puree them until smooth.
5) To... - 48.4568
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and carrots in the butter over a medium heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for about 5 minutes until tender.
3) Stir in the curry powder,... - 47.665
Melt butter in a large kettle; saute onions, carrots, celery and green pepper until tender.
Stir in flour, curry powder, salt and cloves; cook 1 minute.
Gradually add water and Tabasco sauce; mix well.
Add turkey and half the apples; cover and bring to a... - 47.3962
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal... - 47.3606
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces; brown lightly.
Melt butter or margarine in a 6-quart pot.
Add onion, carrots, green pepper and apple.
Saute until onion is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour, curry powder, salt and... - 47.1959
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a great taste. The blend of curry leaves, garlic, ginger, coriander, cummin, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder gives the Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a different taste. One should try the Non Vegetarian... - 47.1022
Calcutta Mulligatawny Soup
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) Arrange all the other ingredients.
3) In flour, roll the chicken pieces, coating completely.
4) Reserve the remaining flour, if any.
5) In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat the butter... - 46.9591
White Mulligatawny Soup
1) Heat fat and oil and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
2) Stir in curry powder and cornflour followed by water and yeast extract or stock and allow the mixture to boil until thickened.
3) Blend soya flour with a little water.
4) Add almonds and... - 46.9524
1. Clean chicken pieces under running water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place the chicken pieces.
3. Pierce cloves into onion and add it to the chicken.
4. Add celery, carrots, tomatoes, apple, garlic, ginger, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and... - 46.9367
Homemade Chicken Mulligatawny
1) In a saucepan, bring the chicken, water, peppercorns and salt to a boil.
2) Partially cover and cook over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender.
3) Skim off the surface fat occasionally.
4) Grind the turmeric, ginger, coriander... - 46.7874
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 46.7085
Put chicken, soup greens, onion, salt, bay leaf, and water into an electric cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and set aside.
Strain broth and reserve 1 cup.
Pour remaining broth into cooker.
Fry bacon in a skillet until lightly... - 46.5627
Mulligatawny With Meat
1) In a saucepan add all the ingredients together, except the coconut milk, fat and red onions.
2) Boil the mixture and simmer down to 3-4 cups stock.
3) Take out meat and cut the pieces of meat.
4) Strain the stock and reserve.
5) In a skillet heat... - 46.2565
East Indian Mulligatawny Soup
East Indian Mulligatawney is a curried soup prepared with lots of pepper on a meat base. Finely chopped carrots, diced turnip and peeled tart apple are most important. The Indianized yet western version of East Indian Mulligatawney can be served with rice... - 45.6857
Samish Mirchi Soup
1)In a pan, add mutton, water and salt. Boil for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
2)Using an electric blender make a paste and strain it into another saucepan.
3)In a saucepan, heat ghee and saute onion until golden.
4)Make a paste of spices and add... - 45.569
Mulligatawny With Fish
1) In a saucepan heat oil, add curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and fry until golden brown.
2) Mix other spices and fry for 1-2 minute.
3) Stir in coconut milk and remaining ingredients along with stock.
4) Boil the mixture and simmer for 5... - 45.5447
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to... - 45.5115
1) In a large saucepan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter.
2) Add the onion and chicken pieces, cover and gently simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the flour.
4) Simmer the mixture for about 40... - 45.4767
1. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sautÃ© apple, onion, carrot and garlic until onion is tender.
2. In a blender jar with cumbing blades, put together apple mixture, water, flour, bouillon cubes, curry powder and salt; process... - 45.4523
Ask butcher to saw shoulder into pieces 2-inches thick.
Rinse meat in cold water, place in large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to boil slowly, skimming when necessary.
Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
Skim fat from surface.
Melt butter... - 45.1423
Lamb Mulligatawny Soup
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Pat dry the pieces of lamb.
Heat the oil in a 2-3-quart pot over medium-high flame, and add the... - 45.1416
Eliza Acton's Vegetable Mulligatawny
1 In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
2 Add in the chopped onions and cook until they're golden brown colour.
3 Meanwhile cut up the marrow into 1 inch (2-5 cm) cubes and peel and dice the potato.
4 Add these to the onions together with... - 45.0418
Mulligatawny With Rice
Wash chicken and put in large kettle.
Add 2 onions, quartered, the celery, carrots, and water.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook remaining onion, chopped, and the garlic in the butter until golden.
Blend in flour and curry powder.
Add 1... - 44.8701
Mulligatwany soup is a soup of Anglo-Indian origin. Seasoned to taste, the mulligatwany soup is spiced with curry powder, mace and cloves. Cooked with vegetables, it also has chicken pieces along with apples in it too. - 44.7497
In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, and next 5 seasonings; cover and simmer 45 min., or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth.
Measure broth; if necessary, add water to make 1 qt.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and cut meat into... - 44.7195
Apple Mulligatawny Soup
The mulligatwany soup is a prepared with vegetables and red gram. Cooked in a microwave, the mulligatwany saoup is filling and can be served as a main course in a meal and is flavored with bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, sambhar powder and lemon juice. - 44.696
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Saute apples, onion, garlic, green pepper, and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle on the flour and curry.
Rub them into the vegetables thoroughly with a wooden spatula, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a... - 44.5898
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Soak the dhal.
Into six cups of boiling water put the dhal, one chopped onion and turmeric powder.
When the dhal gets quite soft, stir and pass it through a sieve.
Grind any dhal left in the sieve and pass it again through the sieve.
Melt the butter and fry... - 44.5852
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
Stir in flour and curry powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture; mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken,... - 44.4219
Heat chicken, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; skim fat from broth if necessary.
Add enough... - 44.2789
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Blend in carrot, green pepper celery apple and chicken and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour Add cloves, curry... - 44.2582
Bacon Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets it taste from chicken mixed with bacon and cream, flavored with curry powder. Mulligatawny Soup is cherished by many people all over the world. - 44.2128
Lemon-flavored Mulligatawny Soup
Add onion, carrot, celery, and apple; stir well.
Cook gently 5 to 6 minutes.
Add curry; cook a few minutes.
Add flour; mix well.
Cook a few minutes to brown slightly.
Add tomato puree and stock; blend well.
Bring slowly to boil; reduce heat.
Add... - 44.1477
1) In a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup chicken broth. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 20 minutes till they become tender. Add in the cooked chicken. Heat till the chicken heats up. Cover the pan to keep warm.
2) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter... - 43.9276
Wash the chicken and combine in a saucepan with the water, peppercorns, and salt.
Bring to a boil, cover loosely and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Skim the fat.
Pound together to a paste the turmeric, ginger, coriander, and vinegar.
Melt the... - 43.864
Curried Mushroom Sauce With Sherry
Combine first 8 ingredients.
Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 1 hour.
Bone and cut up chicken and return meat to stock.
Brown onion in shortening.
Stir in flour, curry powder and salt.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 43.6247
Mulligatawny is a special north indian soup made with vegetables and a meat of choice. This mulligatawny recipe is prepared with vegetables and pieces of tart apples. Spiced and herbed with parsley, the mulligatawny soup can be served over rice. - 43.0185
1. Prepare the vegetables and apples by washing, paring and chopping them.
2. In a pan saute them in fat along with diced chicken until brown.
3. Add flour and seasoning and blend.
4. Adding stock and tomatoes slowly stirring simmer for 1... - 42.937
Add onion; simmer about 5 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients except rice, cornflour, lemon juice and curry powder.
Cook till vegetables are tender.
Remove bag of spices and coriander leaves.
Pass through a sieve.
Mix cornflour with a... - 42.8989
Roughly cut 2 of the apples, celery and onion.
Saute them in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with the butter.
Do not allow to color.
When vegetables are transparent, sprinkle in the curry powder and cook this for 10 minutes on very low heat.
Add the flour and cook... - 42.8269
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 42.3793
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a brilliant taste. The essence Lemon juice gives the Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a bracing taste. - 42.2213
Mulligatawny Soup With Raisins
Soak the lentils in cold water overnight; rinse and drain.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until browned.
Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, lentils and remaining ingredients, with salt and... - 42.1078
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the margarine over moderate heat.
Add the onion, carrot, apple, celery, and green pepper and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Blend in the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute... - 41.8355
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.7333
Chilled Mulligatawny Soup
1) Peel onion and finely chop.
2) Scrape carrot and finely chop.
3) In a large pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion and carrot till onion is transparent.
4) Sift flour and curry powder together. Add to the vegetables. Cook on... - 41.0825
Beef Mulligatawny Soup
Heat the oil in a pan.
Fry the meat, onion, carrot and apple gently.
Stir in the curry powder and flour and slowly add the stock and seasoning.
Bring to the boil and add the rice, chutney and lemon juice.
Transfer to the Slo cooker and cook for recommended... - 40.831
In large saucepan cook onion and curry powder in shortening til) onion is tender but not brown.
To cooked onion add chicken, apple, carrot, celery, and green pepper.
Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5... - 40.7045
The day before your party, heat the oil and brown chicken pieces.
Add 1 quart broth or water plus 2 teaspoons salt.
Add bay leaves and cover.
Simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes for fryers, 1 1/2 to 2 hours for fowl.
Drain and refrigerate... - 40.6458
Saute onions, carrots, celery, chicken, and apple in margarine in deep kettle or Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk or half-and-half.
Simmer covered, 1/2 hour or until tender.
Just before serving... - 40.1453
In 3-quart casserole, cook onion, curry, and shortening, covered, at HIGH for 2 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
Stir in chicken, apple, celery, carrot, and green pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender, stirring... - 39.3482
Melt butter or margarine in blazer pan of chafing dish over direct high flame.
Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to butter or margarine; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
Add apple; cook until tender.
Stir in flour, salt, curry powder,... - 38.8744
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, garlic and ginger with the cayenne, coriander, cumin and turmeric to a smooth paste, scraping down the sides of the jug or bowl with a wooden or plastic spatula from time to time.
2. Heat the oil in a large... - 38.2439
Easy Mulligatawny Soup
In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, apples, carrots, water, undrained tomatoes, celery, uncooked rice, onion, raisins, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice, pepper, and mace or nutmeg.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or... - 37.9502
Fruity Mulligatawny Soup
Chop the apple and vegetables into tiny pieces, and toss in the hot dripping, then work in the flour and curry powder.
Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook until thickened.
Add chutney and sultanas and cook together for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
Rub through a... - 37.7272
In a slow electric crockery cooker combine chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, apple, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, and snipped parsley.
Combine lemon juice, sugar, curry powder, cloves, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper; stir into... - 37.3949
1. Saute onion and celery in margarine.
2. Blend in flour and curry powder. Stir in bouillon until slightly thickened.
3. Add remaining ingredients except milk and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Add milk and heat through but do not boil. - 37.3034
In large saucepan cook onion and curry powder in shortening till onion is tender.
Stir in chicken, chopped apple, carrot, celery, and green pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over chicken... - 37.1858
1. Cook carrots and celery in 1 cup of the Basic Chicken Stock in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken; heat just until hot; cover, keep warm.
2. Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in Dutch oven; stir in apple, curry... - 36.7405
Indian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add onions, apple and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, cumin and coriander and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or... - 36.6573
1. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; add onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add apple; cook 1 minute longer.
2. Stir broth, salt, curry powder, mace and pepper into onion mixture; cook until mixture boils.... - 34.2615
Melt butter or margarine in deep kettle, and saute next 5 ingredients, stirring frequently, until onion is tender but not browned.
Stir in flour, then remaining ingredients except milk and chicken.
Cover, and simmer 1/2 hour.
Just before serving, add milk and... - 33.8583
1 Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in skillet or electric slow cooker with browning unit; stir in apple, curry powder and salt; saute 5 minutes longer, or until apple is soft; add flour.
2 Combine onion mixture, carrots, celery, classic chicken... - 33.8537
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; sauté onion until tender.
Stir in tomatoes, potato, turkey, stock, curry and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring soup to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Season to taste, sp - 33.6407
Classic Spicy Mulligatawny Soup
Heat butter or vegetable oil over low heat in a 6-quart pot. Stir in curry, mace or nutmeg, clove, sage, thyme and ginger. Add onion, carrot, celery, apple, green pepper and tofu. Stir until well mixed. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce... - 33.4452
1 Wipe and trim lamb of excess fat; cut into 1/2-inch wide strips. Peel and slice the onion and carrot; peel, core and slice the apple.
2 Heat the oil in a large pan. When hot, brown the lamb all over. Take out and add the sliced vegetables and apple and... - 33.1752
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions until golden. Add the curry leaves and curry powder and fry for a minute longer. Add stock, chicken and celery and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and dice. Add chicken and coconut milk to... - 32.9828
In a 3-quart saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove cloves - 32.4417
Quick Mulligatawny Soup
1) In a saucepan, add soups, water, and curry powder.
2) Place the saucepan over heat.
3) Warm up the soup by occasional stirring.
4) Serve the soup in individual soup bowls by garnishing with coriander leaves, if desired. - 32.2004
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Soak, rinse & cook chick peas. Cook for 45-60 minutes till soft, depending on age of the peas. In a soup pot, saute the onions in the ghee for 5 minutes. Add chili, cayenne, turmeric & coriander. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Add the stock & the... - 31.7899
Mulligatawny With Coconut Dressing
In a 3-quart saucepan stir together the chicken broth, fresh tomatoes or undrained canned tomatoes, apple, carrot, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, curry, cloves, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15... - 30.7381
Short Cut Mulligatawny Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell pepper, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add apple, curry powder, cloves, and broth. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Add brown rice, chicken, and stewed... - 30.4017
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1 Cook carrots and celery in 1 cup stock in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken; heat just until hot; cover, keep warm.
2 Saute onion until soft in butter or margarine in Dutch oven; stir in apple, curry powder and salt; saute - 27.9664
5-min Mulligatawny Soup
In saucepan, blend soups and curry; gradually stir in water.
Heat; stir occasionally - 19.1459
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
Mulligatawny Recipes By Category