- » Mulligatawny
Mulligatawny is a thick soup that originated in France but has now become popular in all parts of the world. How to make mulligatawny right is something that requires years of experience and not just following ... More »
1. Clean chicken pieces under running water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place the chicken pieces.
3. Pierce cloves into onion and add it to the chicken.
4. Add celery, carrots, tomatoes, apple, garlic, ginger, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and... - 48.8919
1) In a 2 pint bowl, place the vegetables along with 1/2 pint of hot water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables.
4) In a blender, puree them until smooth.
5) To... - 48.3451
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and carrots in the butter over a medium heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for about 5 minutes until tender.
3) Stir in the curry powder,... - 47.9057
Lamb Mulligatawny Soup
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Pat dry the pieces of lamb.
Heat the oil in a 2-3-quart pot over medium-high flame, and add the... - 47.0599
1) In a large saucepan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter.
2) Add the onion and chicken pieces, cover and gently simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the flour.
4) Simmer the mixture for about 40... - 46.8733
Mulligatawny With Meat
1) In a saucepan add all the ingredients together, except the coconut milk, fat and red onions.
2) Boil the mixture and simmer down to 3-4 cups stock.
3) Take out meat and cut the pieces of meat.
4) Strain the stock and reserve.
5) In a skillet heat... - 46.8246
Calcutta Mulligatawny Soup
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) Arrange all the other ingredients.
3) In flour, roll the chicken pieces, coating completely.
4) Reserve the remaining flour, if any.
5) In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat the butter... - 46.4836
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal... - 46.4812
Homemade Chicken Mulligatawny
1) In a saucepan, bring the chicken, water, peppercorns and salt to a boil.
2) Partially cover and cook over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender.
3) Skim off the surface fat occasionally.
4) Grind the turmeric, ginger, coriander... - 46.4245
Curried Mushroom Sauce With Sherry
Combine first 8 ingredients.
Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 1 hour.
Bone and cut up chicken and return meat to stock.
Brown onion in shortening.
Stir in flour, curry powder and salt.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 45.9488
Eliza Acton's Vegetable Mulligatawny
1 In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
2 Add in the chopped onions and cook until they're golden brown colour.
3 Meanwhile cut up the marrow into 1 inch (2-5 cm) cubes and peel and dice the potato.
4 Add these to the onions together with... - 45.8221
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a great taste. The blend of curry leaves, garlic, ginger, coriander, cummin, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder gives the Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a different taste. One should try the Non Vegetarian... - 45.7077
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces; brown lightly.
Melt butter or margarine in a 6-quart pot.
Add onion, carrots, green pepper and apple.
Saute until onion is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour, curry powder, salt and... - 45.6626
Mulligatawny With Fish
1) In a saucepan heat oil, add curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and fry until golden brown.
2) Mix other spices and fry for 1-2 minute.
3) Stir in coconut milk and remaining ingredients along with stock.
4) Boil the mixture and simmer for 5... - 45.4197
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 45.2199
Put chicken, soup greens, onion, salt, bay leaf, and water into an electric cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and set aside.
Strain broth and reserve 1 cup.
Pour remaining broth into cooker.
Fry bacon in a skillet until lightly... - 45.1269
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to... - 45.0915
Mulligatawny With Rice
Wash chicken and put in large kettle.
Add 2 onions, quartered, the celery, carrots, and water.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook remaining onion, chopped, and the garlic in the butter until golden.
Blend in flour and curry powder.
Add 1... - 44.8783
1) In a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup chicken broth. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 20 minutes till they become tender. Add in the cooked chicken. Heat till the chicken heats up. Cover the pan to keep warm.
2) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter... - 44.8385
1. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sautÃ© apple, onion, carrot and garlic until onion is tender.
2. In a blender jar with cumbing blades, put together apple mixture, water, flour, bouillon cubes, curry powder and salt; process... - 44.6535
White Mulligatawny Soup
1) Heat fat and oil and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
2) Stir in curry powder and cornflour followed by water and yeast extract or stock and allow the mixture to boil until thickened.
3) Blend soya flour with a little water.
4) Add almonds and... - 44.375
East Indian Mulligatawny Soup
East Indian Mulligatawney is a curried soup prepared with lots of pepper on a meat base. Finely chopped carrots, diced turnip and peeled tart apple are most important. The Indianized yet western version of East Indian Mulligatawney can be served with rice... - 44.3528
Mulligatwany soup is a soup of Anglo-Indian origin. Seasoned to taste, the mulligatwany soup is spiced with curry powder, mace and cloves. Cooked with vegetables, it also has chicken pieces along with apples in it too. - 43.6234
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
Stir in flour and curry powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture; mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken,... - 43.5887
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Soak the dhal.
Into six cups of boiling water put the dhal, one chopped onion and turmeric powder.
When the dhal gets quite soft, stir and pass it through a sieve.
Grind any dhal left in the sieve and pass it again through the sieve.
Melt the butter and fry... - 43.5046
Melt butter in a large kettle; saute onions, carrots, celery and green pepper until tender.
Stir in flour, curry powder, salt and cloves; cook 1 minute.
Gradually add water and Tabasco sauce; mix well.
Add turkey and half the apples; cover and bring to a... - 43.4957
Samish Mirchi Soup
1)In a pan, add mutton, water and salt. Boil for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
2)Using an electric blender make a paste and strain it into another saucepan.
3)In a saucepan, heat ghee and saute onion until golden.
4)Make a paste of spices and add... - 43.3331
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Saute apples, onion, garlic, green pepper, and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle on the flour and curry.
Rub them into the vegetables thoroughly with a wooden spatula, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a... - 43.1748
Ask butcher to saw shoulder into pieces 2-inches thick.
Rinse meat in cold water, place in large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to boil slowly, skimming when necessary.
Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
Skim fat from surface.
Melt butter... - 43.1237
Apple Mulligatawny Soup
The mulligatwany soup is a prepared with vegetables and red gram. Cooked in a microwave, the mulligatwany saoup is filling and can be served as a main course in a meal and is flavored with bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, sambhar powder and lemon juice. - 42.9769
Chilled Mulligatawny Soup
1) Peel onion and finely chop.
2) Scrape carrot and finely chop.
3) In a large pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion and carrot till onion is transparent.
4) Sift flour and curry powder together. Add to the vegetables. Cook on... - 42.9185
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Blend in carrot, green pepper celery apple and chicken and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour Add cloves, curry... - 42.602
1. Prepare the vegetables and apples by washing, paring and chopping them.
2. In a pan saute them in fat along with diced chicken until brown.
3. Add flour and seasoning and blend.
4. Adding stock and tomatoes slowly stirring simmer for 1... - 42.5073
Heat chicken, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; skim fat from broth if necessary.
Add enough... - 42.0029
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 41.9999
Lemon-flavored Mulligatawny Soup
Add onion, carrot, celery, and apple; stir well.
Cook gently 5 to 6 minutes.
Add curry; cook a few minutes.
Add flour; mix well.
Cook a few minutes to brown slightly.
Add tomato puree and stock; blend well.
Bring slowly to boil; reduce heat.
Add... - 41.8069
Bacon Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets it taste from chicken mixed with bacon and cream, flavored with curry powder. Mulligatawny Soup is cherished by many people all over the world. - 41.8049
In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, and next 5 seasonings; cover and simmer 45 min., or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth.
Measure broth; if necessary, add water to make 1 qt.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and cut meat into... - 41.6245
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.4136
Add onion; simmer about 5 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients except rice, cornflour, lemon juice and curry powder.
Cook till vegetables are tender.
Remove bag of spices and coriander leaves.
Pass through a sieve.
Mix cornflour with a... - 41.3649
Mulligatawny Recipes By Category