- » Moussaka
Moussaka is essentially a casserole-type, eggplant based dish that consists of ground beef and tomatoes, among other important ingredients. It is an Eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dish, although some credit ... More »
Moussaka - Greek
The moussaka, the most famous Greek dish, is a succulent casserole made of eggplants, lamb ragout and cheese, topped with béchamel sauce... if you haven't tried it yet, you really should! - 141.394
Mediterranean Musakka Moussaka
Here is a great video that displays a Mediterranean Musakka moussaka recipe with eggplant and tomatoes. The chef makes this version of Musakka using tomato sauce and chick peas. The video offers fabulous serving suggestions and speaks about the nutritional... - 135.914
In a mood for some classic Mediterranean food. Try this classic moussaka.An eggplant based dish which is very filling and highly nutritious. This casserole based dish is prepared by layering eggplant with a spiced meat filling and topped with a rich creamy... - 133.433
Moussaka is a traditional dish that can be made at home. Though the step may seem intensive, the efforts will be paid off! Watch Chef Brian bring out this dish! - 113.476
An eggplant dish that you can enjoy hot or cold on any type of day. - 113.072
Moussaka is a layered casserole made with layers of eggplant, meat and béchamel sauce. Chef Eva shows to make this classic Greek recipe in a healthy way. You must try out this delicious dish. - 107.969
Moussaka is a classic dish of Middle East. There are different variations for making this classy dish. It is primarily made with eggplant often baked in the oven. Try this recipe and impress your friends and family members with your cooking skill. - 107.69
1. Slice the aubergines and sprinkle salt over it and keep it aside for 30 minute. This will remove all the bitter juice from the aubergines.
2. In a sauce heat the olive oil and add garlic and onions. Saute till it becomes translucent.... - 101.959
Mousakka Baking Part 2
If you love Mousakka but refrain making at home, follow Eva make a healthier version of this Greek dish. She begins with preparation of the dish and in a simple way presents an awesome treat. - 100.919
Fond of Mediterranean food? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch this video now and learn how to prepare Mediterranean Moussaka. Surprise your family today with this Mediterranean delicacy. - 99.5759
Mousakka Preparation Part 1
If you have not yet tried the classic Greek dish Mousakka you're missing a delicious treat! Make this enticing dish with Eva and stir your senses with the fantastic combination of eggplant, meat and béchamel sauce. - 99.2525
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 83.827
Greek Moussaka is a classic meat dish something like a French casserole. You don't need visit Greece or a Mediterranean country to enjoy it, Nikko and Tina put up the dish together like a team with total ease. Spicy meat with eggplant baked in bechamel sauce... - 70.2428
Sautéed Eggplant And Potatoes With Minced Beef
Ground beef is great when cooked in different ways with seasonings and flavors. Watch the video showing how to make Musaka or Moussaka - sautéed eggplant (aubergine) and potatoes, with minced beef in layers. Great with wine when served after cooling. - 68.9092
Bulgarian Veggie Moussaka
When you are looking for a dish that will warm you from head to toe, this Bulgarian favorite can do the trick for you. Heart and delicious, this vegan delight is such a cinch to make and is so good that you won't miss the meat at all. Stream the video to... - 66.0978
Lamb & Beef Moussaka
Crumble lamb and beef into 3-qt casserole; cover.
Microwave at High 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once.
Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
Reduce power to 70% (Medium-High).
Microwave, uncovered, 25 to 30... - 48.5373
1. In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter and sautÃ© onion, chuck and garlic for 10 minutes until brown.
2. Stir in allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and the tomato sauce; stir and bring the mixture to boiling.
3. Lower... - 47.2834
Mushroom And Bean Moussaka
1) With a clean cloth, wipe the mushrooms.
2) Then, cut off the stalks and chop them. Keep the caps aside.
3) In a 2 pint casserole, combine 1 ounce of the margarine and the shallot.
4) On high power, cook for 1 minute, stirring only... - 47.0468
1)Pre-heat oven to 180 to 200°C.
2)Slice the brinjal into thin slices and scatter 1/2 teaspoon salt and let it stand for 15 minutes.
3)Wash the brinjal slices with cold water and drain.
4)Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoon Sasso Olive... - 46.8512
Traditional Athenian Moussaka
Preheat browning dish 5 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup oil.
Stir to coat bottom of dish.
Add eggplant slices.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES on HIGH, or until soft.
Meat Sauce: Add 1 tablespoon oil to browning dish.
Crumble meat into dish and add onion and... - 46.5855
Fry onion and garlic in 2 tbs oil in a saucepan until soft.
Add lamb, mushrooms, tomato puree, parsley, stock, and salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 10 min.
Fry potatoes and aubergines in remaining oil for 8 min meanwhile.
Place a layer of aubergines in... - 46.4588
Moussaka With Eggplant
The moussaka or musaca is one of the best known of meat dishes. Made with ground meat and eggplant, the musca is generally prepared with lamb but you can use any meat of choice. cooked and baked, I find the moussaka an excellent dish to serve with a... - 46.358
To make sauce, slice vegetables and mix cold milk and spices and bring slowly to boiling point.
Remove from fire and cover and infuse for 1/2 an hour.
Melt butter and stir in flour over low heat and cook for 2-3 mins.
Remove from fire, add 1 cup... - 46.3112
Classic Greek Moussaka
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To prepare cream sauce: Place butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add egg yolks one at a time.
Beat constantly with rotary or hand electric beater.
Add 1/4 cup water, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Continue to beat until sauce... - 46.2752
Potato Moussaka With Parmesan Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Grease 2-3 jelly roll pans.
3) Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush the potato slices on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil.
4) On the prepared pans, place the potatoes and bake for about 7 minutes.... - 46.1304
1. Scrub potatoes and cook with their skins on until parboiled, about 10 minutes depending on size. Peel.
2. Cook the onions and oil in a large saucepan until soft but not browned.
3. Wash and shred the cabbage, add to the onion with the salt, pepper and... - 46.1168
Heat some of the oil in 2 large frying pans and fry the aubergine slices in batches until golden.
Add a little more oil to the pans, and fry the onions until soft.
Add the meat and garlic and fry briskly, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Drain off excess... - 46.0942
1) Take a pan, heat oil, and fry eggplants on both sides.
2) Drain on paper towel.
3) Fry onion and garlic until brown and stir in tomato, tomato puree, lamb, and Tabasco sauce, allow to boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
4) Season to taste.
5)... - 46.0761
1) In a plate arrange slices of aubergine (eggplant) and sprinkle salt on it. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2) Soak excess liquid with absorbent paper towels.
3) Heat 6 tablespoon oil and fry the slices on both sides till brown.
4) Drain out... - 45.9901
1) Set the oven to 400Â°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, cover the potato slices with cold water and allow it to come to a boil.
3) Bring down the heat slightly and partially cover and boil the slices gently for 8 to 10... - 45.9222
Vegetable Protein Moussaka
1 In a bowl, place the textured vegetable protein and add the stock.
2 Set aside to soak for 6 minutes.
3 Thoroughly drain through a sieve, discarding the stock.
4 Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C,Gas Mark 4)
5 In a... - 45.9054
Moussaka A La Turque
Put lamb through meat grinder to make 3 1/2 cups.
Cut eggplants in two lengthwise.
Saute meat side down in olive oil over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
Add more olive oil if necessary.
Scoop out eggplant meat, leaving skins intact.
Chop eggplant meat fine and... - 45.758
Radio 1 Moussaka
Using a small sharp knife cut off the stalk end from the aubergines and then slice them across into .5 cm slices.
Lay them out (on the sink board if possible) and sprinkle with salt.
Leave for 10 minutes.
Put 2 tablespoons oil into a medium saucepan and put... - 45.7233
Lightly spray a 3 1/2-quart oblong glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
Place eggplant slices on two large baking sheets.
Brush both sides of slices lightly with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Brown 5 minutes on each side, or until eggplant is... - 45.6626
Moussaka In A Hurry
1 Thoroughly wash and dry the unpeeled eggplant and zucchini.
2 Cut the eggplant into quarters, lengthwise.
3 Crosswise slice eggplant and zucchini to 1/4 inch thickness.
4 In a large skillet, heat the oil.
5 Add in eggplant,... - 45.4893
Preheat oven to 375°.
Spray casserole with non-stick spray.
Cut unpared eggplant crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
Cook slices in small amount of boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
Spray large skillet with non-stick spray, add meat and... - 45.2969
Moussaka A La Turque
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan, place the eggplants with the cut side down. Place on rack in oven, pour 1 1/2 inch deep boiling water in pan.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until... - 45.2553
To make the filling: Spray an unheated large skillet with no-stick spray.
Add the turkey or beef, onions and garlic.
Cook until the turkey is no longer pink or the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
Drain and discard the liquid.
Stir in the tomato sauce,... - 45.1181
In a large frying pan, simmer onions and garlic in butter until transparent.
Mix together ground meat, eggs, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs.
Add to onions; stir and cook over medium heat until meat is crumbled and lightly browned.
Sprinkle eggplant slices... - 45.0518
1) Preheat the oven 400 °F.
2) Lightly grease a baking dish and coat it with breadcrumbs.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in the flour and simmer.
4) In a bowl, beat together milk, egg, cheese and seasoning.
5) Stream the egg... - 45.0518
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large skillet, saute the onions in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft.
3) Stir in the meat, stir continuously and cook for another 3 minutes.
4) Stir in 1 tablespoon flour,... - 45.0029
Lean Beef Moussaka
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
2. In a skillet, heat 1-tablespoon of the oil.
3. Add onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes until limp.
4. Add the minced beef and brown with onion
5. Stir in the seasoning, tomato puree... - 44.8638
Pour a little olive oil into a large frying pan—it should be just enough to make a thin film over the bottom.
Heat the frying pan over fairly high heat and, when hot, add enough eggplant slices to cover the base in a single layer.
Press the slices down so... - 44.743
Insert shredding disk in work bowl.
Fold the slice of bread in half; shred.
Remove and set aside.
Shred cheese; remove and set aside.
In-sertthe slicing disk in work bowl.
Cut eggplants into pieces to fit feed tube; slice.
Transfer to another dish; sprinkle... - 44.4728
Salt slices of eggplant and let stand for 30 minutes.
In a frying pan melt butter, saute the onions until transparent, then brown the meat.
Add tomato paste, parsley, wine, salt, pepper and water.
Simmer until liquid is absorbed.
Cool .Stir in cinnamon, eggs,... - 44.4637
Musaka is a Greek delicacy. Musaka gets its taste from potatoes mixed with eggplant and yogurt, flavored with rosemary. Musaka is inspired by many food chains around the world. - 44.3903
Rinse eggplant and pat dry; cut off and discard stem end and cut eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Brush eggplant slices liberally on both sides with oil; arrange in a single layer in a shallow pan.
Bake in a 475° oven, turning if needed, until eggplant... - 44.3823
1) Pare the eggplants slightly and slice each horizontally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2) Place the slices in a single layer on baking sheets, sprinkle with the coarse salt and cover with baking sheets to weight down. Allow to sit for 2 to 3... - 44.3054
In a frying pan, heat oil and brown meat.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Remove meat from pan and set aside.
To drippings, add eggplant and onion; cook 5 minutes.
Add meat, mushrooms and liquid, tomatoes, and chili sauce; cover.
Simmer 25 to 30... - 44.271
Preheat oven to 400CF (205°C).
Prick skin of eggplant several times with a fork.
Place punctured eggplant in a shallow 9-inch square baking pan.
Bake about 1 hour in preheated oven until eggplant collapses.
Cool, peel and chop eggplant.
In blender or food... - 44.2214
The eggplant moussaka is a spicy and savory eggplant and beef recipe. Mediterranean in origin, this eggplant moussaka is prepared with a cheese topping and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Rich and filling, the eggplant moussaka can be served with pita bread... - 44.2151
Vegetable & Lamb Moussaka
1 For the Vegetables and Lamb: On paper towels, place the eggplant slices.
2 Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let stand for about 30 minutes.
3 Pat dry the eggplant.
4 Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
5 In a 9-inch... - 44.2103
Brush both sides of eggplant slices with the oil; sprinkle with salt.
In large skillet brown eggplant slices, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
Drain and set aside.
In, same skillet cook lamb or beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender;... - 44.165
Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat
Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat is a delicious mouth-watering recipe. Try this amazingly irresistible Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat dish; I bet you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 44.1623
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Take the eggplant slices and sprinkle salt on both sides. Place the slices between several layers of paper towels. Press down and let stand for 60 minutes.
3) In a heavy skillet, prepare the tomato sauce... - 44.0639
Moussaka With Crunchy Topping
1.Heat a non-stick trypan.
Cook onion, garlic, mince and rosemary over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2.Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, soy sauce, wine, sugar and nutmeg.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until mixture... - 43.9371
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cut the eggplants lengthwise in half.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till soft.
4) Into a large mixing bowl, scoop the meat. Throw away the skins.
5) In the beef... - 43.9136
1. Preheat an oven at 350°.
2. In a pan saute meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown and drain well.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and broil for 5... - 43.8703
Moussaka! A delicious dish that I serve often for the weekend luncheons at home. You will love the texture and flavor of this filling Moussaka! Trust me, its yummy! - 43.8446
Peel eggplants, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Place on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Coat slices with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until eggplant is tender and lightly browned, turning once.
Let cool... - 43.8186
1) Peel and chop onions.
2) Peel and crush garlic.
3) Peel and quarter tomatoes.
4) Thinly slice eggplants.
5) Preheat oven to 350°.
6) In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onions, parsley, garlic and lamb till browned.
7) Add ... - 43.3186
1. Thinly slice aubergines and arrange them in a large plate. Sprinkle salt on both sides. Let the aubergines stand for 1/2 hour to sweat. Rinse aubergine in cold water, pat dry.
2. Heat 1 cup oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergine slices until golden... - 43.2027
Eggplant And Rice Moussaka
Put the eggplant slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes.
Rinse and dry.
Bring the stock to the boil and add the rice.
Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Mix together the pork, salt, paprika and pepper.
Mix together... - 42.969
Cut the eggplant (aubergines) into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) slices, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand on a tray to allow the excess bitter juices to drain.
Pat dry on kitchen paper.
Heattheoilina browning dish fori minute on HIGH.
Cover the base of the dish... - 42.942
Lamb & Cheese Moussaka
Heat half the oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
Add the lamb and cook until it loses its pinkness.
Add the tomatoes and can juice, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste, and stir well.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20... - 42.9057
This Moussaka is a delicious beef dish. Enjoy this amazingly delicious Moussaka recipe and share your feelings with us! - 42.7999
In saucepan place eggplant slices in steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam about 8 minutes.
Drain on paper toweling.
In skillet cook meat, onion, and garlic till meat is browned; drain.
Stir in tomato sauce, wine, parsley, dash cinnamon, and 1/2... - 42.6397
Cut 4 unpeeled, medium-sized aubergines into slices 1/2 inch thick.
To prevent discoloration, rub each slice with the 1/2 lemon and then with salt.
Stack the slices on absorbent paper, cover with a plate, put a weight on top and let stand until the moisture... - 42.4854
1. After peeling the eggplant and slice it into rounds.
2. Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
5. Brush the slices on... - 42.3647
Tomato Rich Moussaka
Sprinkle the aubergine slices with salt and leave for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan.
Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion is soft but not brown.
Add the meat and fry until it is evenly browned.
Stir in the tomatoes, tomato... - 42.3469
Melt about 2 oz. (50 g.) of Ihe butter or margarine and fry in it the meat, onions, parsley, and tomatoes.
Grease an 8 inch (20 cm.) cake tin.
Peel and slice the potatoes very thinly.
Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the tin, add a layer... - 42.1475
Cut unpeeled eggplants lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Spray 2 shallow rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Divide eggplant slices equally between pans in a single layer, overlapping slices slightly; spray eggplant with cooking spray.
Bake in a 450°... - 42.1037
1. Slice eggplant, without peeling, into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute egg plant slices until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper toweling.
3. Place onions, garlic and lamb in a clean skillet. Cook... - 42.0871
Wipe and thinly slice the aubergines; discard the stalk ends.
Sprinkle the slices with salt and leave for 20 to 30 minutes if you dislike the slightly bitter taste.
Drain, rinse the aubergines in cold water and dry on absorbent paper.
Peel and chop the onions... - 42.0731
In the pressure cooker, heat the oil.
Drop in the onions and garlic.
Stir and cook till the onions are softened, pinkish but not brown.
Add the green chillies, oregano and mince.
Fry till the meat is lightly brown.
Add the tomatoes, sauce, salt and... - 42.0205
Moussaka is one of the dishes I am known for! The flavors of lamb, onion, tomatoes, cheese and seasonings blend to make this Moussaka yummy! Just check out the recipe of the rich tasting and flavorsome Moussaka. - 41.979
Lean Lamb Moussaka
Moussaka is one of the best minced lamb recipes that I have tried to this day! the Moussaka yourself and see if you agree with me. I'm eagerly awaiting your opinion. - 41.8864
Moussaka A La Turque
1. Halve the eggplants lengthwise; place, cut-side down, in 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Place baking pan on rack in oven; pour boiling water in pan to a depth of 1/2 inch.
2. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 30 minutes, or till eggplant is soft when pressed... - 41.7911
Moussaka Of Beef
Brown the beef in small amount of oil in a heavy skillet.
Stir in the onions, parsley, water, tomato paste, salt and pepper and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fold in egg whites and bread crumbs.
Brown the eggplant in small... - 41.7803
Cut eggplant into 1/2 in. slices, sprinkle lightly with salt, stand 20 minutes.
Finely chop or mince meat, finely chop onion.
Combine cheese with breadcrumbs.
Heat butter, add meat, onion and garlic, saute until meat changes colour; add drained tomatoes,... - 41.705
Peel eggplant, if you wish, and cut in crosswise slices that are 3/8 inch thick.
Cut each in half.
Sprinkle lightly with salt; let stand 20 minutes.
Pat slices dry with paper towels.
Dust lightly with flour, shake off excess.
Heat enough oil in a wide frying... - 41.6917
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onions until finely chopped.
2) In a saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until transparent.
3) In a processor bowl with a metal blade,... - 41.592
1) In a pan, heat butter and add meat, onions, and tomatoes and fry.
2) Arrange overlapping slices of potato on the base of a greased casserole and season to taste.
3) Top with a layer of the meat mixture.
4) Tie peat till all the ingredients are used... - 41.5092
In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat; add the onion and lamb, breaking meat apart with a spoon until meat loses its pinkness.
Add wine, tomatoes, parsley, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for... - 41.4678
Lamb Moussaka In Sauce
1. Cut the aubergines into 5 mm / 1/4 in thick slices. Layer the slices in a colander, sprinkling each layer with plenty of salt. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse the aubergines in several changes of cold water. Squeeze gently with your fingers to... - 41.3913
Oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
Generously butter a 13" x 9" baking dish.
Partially peel eggplant, leaving some lengthwise strips of peel.
Slice crosswise 1/8 inch thick.
Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
Drain in a colander 20 minutes.
Rinse with cold... - 41.334
Classic Beef Moussaka
Slice eggplant, sprinkle with salt, and place in a colander.
Weigh down with a heavy plate for several hours.
Then brush slices with oil and broil lightly.
Saute beef and onions in 5 tablespoons of the butter.
Add tomato paste, cinnamon, and salt and pepper... - 41.334
Vegetable, Beef & Lamb Moussaka
Halve unpeeled zucchini crosswise and cut each into about 3 lengthwise slices.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large heavy skillet, add zucchini, and brown lightly.
Add more oil if needed.
Drain on paper towels.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same... - 41.2978
Moussaka For A Crowd
Trim eggplants; cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices.
In colander, layer slices with salt; let stand for 30 minutes.
Rinse and pat dry.
In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown egg plant in batches,... - 41.2932
Baked Beef Moussaka
Heat oven to 375Â°.
Cook and stir meat and onion in large skillet until meat is brown.
Drain off fat.
Stir in parsley, 1 tea spoon salt, the pepper, nutmeg, tomato sauce and wine; heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
Pare eggplant... - 41.2797
Cut eggplant crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
In a large skillet, brown on both sides in 4 tablespoons hot oil, adding more oil as needed.
Remove eggplant slices.
In the same skillet, brown the meat; remove with a slotted spoon and drain off excess... - 41.2706
Heat large teflon skillet; sprinkle with salt; add meat and onions; stir fry until meat starts to brown.
Add tomatoes, wine, pepper, cinnamon, parsley, and thyme.
Simmer until thick and liquid has cooked out, stirring occasionally.
Add salt to taste.
Saute... - 41.1756
Slice eggplants crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place eggplant on baking sheet, and coat slices with cooking spray.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 7 to 9 minutes on each... - 41.1168
Brown onions in 1/4 pound of the butter.
Add ground beef and brown well.
Add salt and pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
Add tomatoes and tomato puree or sauce and cook over low heat for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Melt remaining 1/4 pound... - 41.0173
Remove 1/2 inch wide strips of peel lengthwise from eggplants, leaving 1/2 inch peel between the strips.
Cut into thick slices, sprinkle with salt, and let stand between two heavy plates while browning meat and making sauce.
In frying pan melt the 4... - 40.9914
Peel eggplant and cut crosswise in 3/4 slices.
Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
In skillet, brown meats and onion in melted fat; drain off fat and add next four ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for five minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients (except the... - 40.8998
Saute meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown.
Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
Make layers of eggplant and meat sauce in a greased casserole.
Top... - 40.3423
Homemade Tasty Moussaka
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lightly oil a two quart casserole; set aside.
Wash and peel the eggplant.
Cut into slices, cross wise, about one half inch thick.
Add two tablespoons oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat.
Add eggplant slices, a few at a... - 40.218
Put half the oil into one pan, heat it and brown the minced meat and chopped onion.
Put the rest in another pan and lightly fry the peeled and finely sliced aubergine in it.
Cook ingredients of both pans for about 10 minutes.
Put meat into a fireproof shallow... - 40.2138
In a heavy skillet, fry the eggplant on both sides in heated oil, a few at a time, for five minutes until golden brown.
Drain on paper toweling and set aside.
In the same skillet saute the meat and the onion about ten minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the... - 40.0162
Moussaka Recipes By Category