- » Moussaka
Moussaka is essentially a casserole-type, eggplant based dish that consists of ground beef and tomatoes, among other important ingredients. It is an Eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dish, although some credit ... More »
Moussaka - Greek
The moussaka, the most famous Greek dish, is a succulent casserole made of eggplants, lamb ragout and cheese, topped with béchamel sauce... if you haven't tried it yet, you really should! - 141.394
Mediterranean Musakka Moussaka
Here is a great video that displays a Mediterranean Musakka moussaka recipe with eggplant and tomatoes. The chef makes this version of Musakka using tomato sauce and chick peas. The video offers fabulous serving suggestions and speaks about the nutritional... - 135.914
In a mood for some classic Mediterranean food. Try this classic moussaka.An eggplant based dish which is very filling and highly nutritious. This casserole based dish is prepared by layering eggplant with a spiced meat filling and topped with a rich creamy... - 133.433
Moussaka is a traditional dish that can be made at home. Though the step may seem intensive, the efforts will be paid off! Watch Chef Brian bring out this dish! - 113.476
An eggplant dish that you can enjoy hot or cold on any type of day. - 113.072
Moussaka is a layered casserole made with layers of eggplant, meat and béchamel sauce. Chef Eva shows to make this classic Greek recipe in a healthy way. You must try out this delicious dish. - 107.969
Moussaka is a classic dish of Middle East. There are different variations for making this classy dish. It is primarily made with eggplant often baked in the oven. Try this recipe and impress your friends and family members with your cooking skill. - 107.69
1. Slice the aubergines and sprinkle salt over it and keep it aside for 30 minute. This will remove all the bitter juice from the aubergines.
2. In a sauce heat the olive oil and add garlic and onions. Saute till it becomes translucent.... - 101.959
Mousakka Baking Part 2
If you love Mousakka but refrain making at home, follow Eva make a healthier version of this Greek dish. She begins with preparation of the dish and in a simple way presents an awesome treat. - 100.919
Fond of Mediterranean food? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch this video now and learn how to prepare Mediterranean Moussaka. Surprise your family today with this Mediterranean delicacy. - 99.5759
Mousakka Preparation Part 1
If you have not yet tried the classic Greek dish Mousakka you're missing a delicious treat! Make this enticing dish with Eva and stir your senses with the fantastic combination of eggplant, meat and béchamel sauce. - 99.2525
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 83.827
Greek Moussaka is a classic meat dish something like a French casserole. You don't need visit Greece or a Mediterranean country to enjoy it, Nikko and Tina put up the dish together like a team with total ease. Spicy meat with eggplant baked in bechamel sauce... - 70.2428
Sautéed Eggplant And Potatoes With Minced Beef
Ground beef is great when cooked in different ways with seasonings and flavors. Watch the video showing how to make Musaka or Moussaka - sautéed eggplant (aubergine) and potatoes, with minced beef in layers. Great with wine when served after cooling. - 68.9092
Bulgarian Veggie Moussaka
When you are looking for a dish that will warm you from head to toe, this Bulgarian favorite can do the trick for you. Heart and delicious, this vegan delight is such a cinch to make and is so good that you won't miss the meat at all. Stream the video to... - 66.0978
Lamb & Beef Moussaka
Crumble lamb and beef into 3-qt casserole; cover.
Microwave at High 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once.
Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
Reduce power to 70% (Medium-High).
Microwave, uncovered, 25 to 30... - 48.5373
1. In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter and sautÃ© onion, chuck and garlic for 10 minutes until brown.
2. Stir in allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and the tomato sauce; stir and bring the mixture to boiling.
3. Lower... - 47.2834
Mushroom And Bean Moussaka
1) With a clean cloth, wipe the mushrooms.
2) Then, cut off the stalks and chop them. Keep the caps aside.
3) In a 2 pint casserole, combine 1 ounce of the margarine and the shallot.
4) On high power, cook for 1 minute, stirring only... - 47.0468
1)Pre-heat oven to 180 to 200°C.
2)Slice the brinjal into thin slices and scatter 1/2 teaspoon salt and let it stand for 15 minutes.
3)Wash the brinjal slices with cold water and drain.
4)Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoon Sasso Olive... - 46.8512
Traditional Athenian Moussaka
Preheat browning dish 5 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup oil.
Stir to coat bottom of dish.
Add eggplant slices.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES on HIGH, or until soft.
Meat Sauce: Add 1 tablespoon oil to browning dish.
Crumble meat into dish and add onion and... - 46.5855
Fry onion and garlic in 2 tbs oil in a saucepan until soft.
Add lamb, mushrooms, tomato puree, parsley, stock, and salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 10 min.
Fry potatoes and aubergines in remaining oil for 8 min meanwhile.
Place a layer of aubergines in... - 46.4588
Moussaka With Eggplant
The moussaka or musaca is one of the best known of meat dishes. Made with ground meat and eggplant, the musca is generally prepared with lamb but you can use any meat of choice. cooked and baked, I find the moussaka an excellent dish to serve with a... - 46.358
To make sauce, slice vegetables and mix cold milk and spices and bring slowly to boiling point.
Remove from fire and cover and infuse for 1/2 an hour.
Melt butter and stir in flour over low heat and cook for 2-3 mins.
Remove from fire, add 1 cup... - 46.3112
Classic Greek Moussaka
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To prepare cream sauce: Place butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add egg yolks one at a time.
Beat constantly with rotary or hand electric beater.
Add 1/4 cup water, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Continue to beat until sauce... - 46.2752
Potato Moussaka With Parmesan Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Grease 2-3 jelly roll pans.
3) Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush the potato slices on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil.
4) On the prepared pans, place the potatoes and bake for about 7 minutes.... - 46.1304
1. Scrub potatoes and cook with their skins on until parboiled, about 10 minutes depending on size. Peel.
2. Cook the onions and oil in a large saucepan until soft but not browned.
3. Wash and shred the cabbage, add to the onion with the salt, pepper and... - 46.1168
Heat some of the oil in 2 large frying pans and fry the aubergine slices in batches until golden.
Add a little more oil to the pans, and fry the onions until soft.
Add the meat and garlic and fry briskly, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Drain off excess... - 46.0942
1) Take a pan, heat oil, and fry eggplants on both sides.
2) Drain on paper towel.
3) Fry onion and garlic until brown and stir in tomato, tomato puree, lamb, and Tabasco sauce, allow to boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
4) Season to taste.
5)... - 46.0761
1) In a plate arrange slices of aubergine (eggplant) and sprinkle salt on it. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2) Soak excess liquid with absorbent paper towels.
3) Heat 6 tablespoon oil and fry the slices on both sides till brown.
4) Drain out... - 45.9901
1) Set the oven to 400Â°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, cover the potato slices with cold water and allow it to come to a boil.
3) Bring down the heat slightly and partially cover and boil the slices gently for 8 to 10... - 45.9222
Vegetable Protein Moussaka
1 In a bowl, place the textured vegetable protein and add the stock.
2 Set aside to soak for 6 minutes.
3 Thoroughly drain through a sieve, discarding the stock.
4 Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C,Gas Mark 4)
5 In a... - 45.9054
Moussaka A La Turque
Put lamb through meat grinder to make 3 1/2 cups.
Cut eggplants in two lengthwise.
Saute meat side down in olive oil over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
Add more olive oil if necessary.
Scoop out eggplant meat, leaving skins intact.
Chop eggplant meat fine and... - 45.758
Radio 1 Moussaka
Using a small sharp knife cut off the stalk end from the aubergines and then slice them across into .5 cm slices.
Lay them out (on the sink board if possible) and sprinkle with salt.
Leave for 10 minutes.
Put 2 tablespoons oil into a medium saucepan and put... - 45.7233
Lightly spray a 3 1/2-quart oblong glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
Place eggplant slices on two large baking sheets.
Brush both sides of slices lightly with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Brown 5 minutes on each side, or until eggplant is... - 45.6626
Moussaka In A Hurry
1 Thoroughly wash and dry the unpeeled eggplant and zucchini.
2 Cut the eggplant into quarters, lengthwise.
3 Crosswise slice eggplant and zucchini to 1/4 inch thickness.
4 In a large skillet, heat the oil.
5 Add in eggplant,... - 45.4893
Preheat oven to 375°.
Spray casserole with non-stick spray.
Cut unpared eggplant crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
Cook slices in small amount of boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
Spray large skillet with non-stick spray, add meat and... - 45.2969
Moussaka A La Turque
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan, place the eggplants with the cut side down. Place on rack in oven, pour 1 1/2 inch deep boiling water in pan.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until... - 45.2553
To make the filling: Spray an unheated large skillet with no-stick spray.
Add the turkey or beef, onions and garlic.
Cook until the turkey is no longer pink or the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
Drain and discard the liquid.
Stir in the tomato sauce,... - 45.1181
In a large frying pan, simmer onions and garlic in butter until transparent.
Mix together ground meat, eggs, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs.
Add to onions; stir and cook over medium heat until meat is crumbled and lightly browned.
Sprinkle eggplant slices... - 45.0518
1) Preheat the oven 400 °F.
2) Lightly grease a baking dish and coat it with breadcrumbs.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in the flour and simmer.
4) In a bowl, beat together milk, egg, cheese and seasoning.
5) Stream the egg... - 45.0518
Moussaka Recipes By Category