- » Monkfish
Monkfish, headfish or goosefish are the common names of this sea fish found in North America and most Atlantic coasts. Monkfish caught for consumption are generally up to 3 feet in length. Monkfish are on the list of ... More »
Pan-fried Monkfish With Saffron Sauce
This recipe will dazzle your guests in all the right ways. All you need is few ingredients from your kitchen cabinet and there you have a pan fried monkfish ready to serve and eat . A super easy to prepare and the flavor is outstanding, probably better... - 106.493
Rinse the monkfish under plenty of cold running water and pat dry on kitchen paper.
Cut into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces.
Put in a dish and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Put the concentrated tomato juice... - 45.4981
1) Skin and mince shallots measuring 3 tablespoons.
2) Peel and mince garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
3) Blanch tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds.
4) Strain tomatoes and run under cold water.
5) Wash parsley, trim stems and dry in paper... - 45.2901
Whole Monkfish With Mustard
Put the bell pepper, onions and bacon into a small casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Add the zucchini (courgettes), eggplant (aubergines), garlic, white wine, thyme and bayleaf to the casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7... - 45.1344
Monkfish And Scallop Kabobs
Remove coral part of scallops and set aside; cut white part in half.
Cut monkfish in bite-size pieces.
Toss monkfish and scallops in flour to coat.
Spear 1 piece of scallop and 2 pieces of monkfish on each bamboo skewer and set aside until needed.
They will... - 44.9374
Braised Monkfish Tails
Skin and bone the fish and cut into thin shreds.
Coat the fish with the cornstarch (cornflour) then mix well with egg whites.
Heat the oil on HIGH for 1 minute.
Stir in the fish shreds and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring very gently two or three... - 44.5214
Just Peachy Monkfish
Brush the fillets with the oil and sprinkle with basil.
In a sauce pan boil the peaches in the water for 5 minutes.
Transfer peaches to a food processor and puree.
Reserve the water.
Stir the sugar and mustard into the water.
Mix the cornstarch with the lemon... - 44.4473
Monkfish Terrine With Parsley
Remove the large central cartilage from the monkfish.
Put the two fillets on a long dish.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
Rinse the whiting fillets, pat dry on kitchen paper and cut into small pieces.
Remove the crusts from the white bread and cut... - 44.3443
Monkfish With Mushrooms
Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth or kitchen paper, making sure all the earth is removed, and slice.
Put the bacon, shallot and garlic in a casserole.
Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH.
Add the mushrooms.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and microwave on... - 44.1044
Monkfish Scaloppine With Olives
Rinse fish and pat dry.
If fillet is encased in a tough membrane, cut it off from one side of fillet.
Then lay fillet on a board, membrane side down.
Starting 3 to 4 inches from tapered end of fillet, cut toward tapered end at about a 45° angle to form a... - 43.602
Baked Monkfish With Yellow Squash And Sage
1) Season and preheat the plank to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a medium saucepan, put the sugar, salt, vinegar, sage and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boiling point.
3) Cook the mixture for about one minute, stirring... - 42.5076
Monkfish With Rosemary
1. In a liquidizer or food processor, puree the tomatoes such that smooth and through a sieve strain into a bowl.
2. Season the puree with the vinegar, salt and pepper, cover and keep aside.
3. Make almost lengthways slice out of each fillet and not... - 42.0768
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add garlic cloves and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
Add prosciutto and cook for 1 minute longer.
Move the garlic and prosciutto to the... - 40.518
Monkfish En Brochette
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large, shallow dish.
Add fish and artichoke quarters, tossing gently to coat.
Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Remove fish and artichoke quarters from marinade, reserving marinade.
Place marinade in a small... - 38.9502
1. Place the flour in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
2. In a large skillet, warm the oil over high heat. Working quickly, lightly dredge each piece of fish in the flour and add to the skillet. Fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the... - 37.0897
Stir Fried Gingered Monkfish
1. Using a sharp knife, slice the monkfish into thin flat rounds.
2. Mix the ginger with the chilli sauce in a small bowl.
3. Brush the ginger and chilli sauce mixture over the monkfish pieces.
4. Heat the corn oil in a large preheated wok.
5. Add the... - 36.8321
Rinse fish and pat dry.
If fillet is encased in a tough membrane, pull and cut off membrane from 1 side of fillet.
Then lay fillet on a board, membrane side down.
With a sharp knife, starting 3 to 4 inches from tapered end of fillet, cut toward tapered end at... - 36.6097
Sweet And Sour Barbecued Monkfish
Arrange the fish fillets in a shallow baking pan.
Combine the remaining ingredients together to form a marinade, pour the marinade over fish.
Marinate covered and refrigerated for 1 hour.
Drain and reserve marinade.
Grill the fish over medium coals for 10... - 36.505
Monkfish And Spinach
Heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
Add soy sauce, honey, black pepper and red wine vinegar, cook for 1 minute.
Add fish pieces and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked.
Remove fish and set aside.
Add red pepper to frying pan and cook for 3... - 36.4403
1. Combine the olive oil, lime rind, fish sauce, garlic, grated ginger, and basil in a nonmetallic bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Wash the fish chunks and pat dry with paper towels. Add them to the marinade and mix well to coat.... - 36.3459
Monkfish And Mussel Skewers
1. Cut the monkfish into 2.5 cm / 1 in cubes and place in a shallow glass dish. Mix together the oil, lemon juice, paprika and garlic clove and season.
2. Pour the marinade over the fish and toss to coat evenly. Cover and leave in a cool place for 30... - 35.6315
Balti Sweet And Sour Monkfish With Vegetables
1. In a large bowl, mix together the tomato ketchup, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, brown sugar, salt and fresh coriander and blend together really well, using a fork. Add the monkfish and coat it completely with the spice mixture.... - 35.0673
Monkfish & Okra Balti
1. To make the marinade, mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Stir the monkfish into the bowl and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the okra and boil for 4—5 minutes. Drain well and cut into 1 cm/ 1/2... - 34.9227
1. Place the monkfish cubes in a large bowl. Add the tomato puree, salt, 1 teaspoon each of the ginger, garlic and chilli powder, plus the sugar and lemon juice and blend together.
2. Heat the corn oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the curry leaves and... - 33.7939
Monkfish And Scallop Skewers
1. Remove the tough, transparent membrane from the monkfish, otherwise it will shrink during cooking. Cut the flesh into 16 large chunks with a sharp knife.
2. Remove the outer leaves from the lemon grass. Finely chop the tender parts of the leaves and place... - 32.4278
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine onions and oil and stir to coat. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes, until onions are soft.
2. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper and arrange over onions. Spread tahini over fish and then sprinkle... - 31.7323
Fried Monkfish And Prawns With Mushrooms
1. Heat the butter and corn oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, chilli powder and salt and stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the monkfish and prawns and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Add... - 30.9222
Monkfish Recipes By Category