- » Misto
Enjoy our collection of misto recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for misto recipes.
When you need a quick, easy and flavorful fish treat to suit your taste, safely opt for this mixed fish dish. Succulent, smoky, meaty chunks of fish grilled to perfection and served with steam veggies and broccoli not only ensures a hearty dinner, but also a... - 112.191
1. Wash the broccoli and break into florets.
2. In a saucepan, bring salted water to a boil.
3. Place the florets in a steel colander and immerse the colander in the boiling water for 2 minutes to blanch the broccoli.
4. Remove the colander and... - 46.1679
1. Preheat the oven to Mark 1/4 250 °F.
2. In a large bowl, combine together flour, warm water, 2 1/2- tablespoons of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3. Stir the mixture gently but constantly, so that the ingredients mix well and form a... - 45.1491
Make batter ahead.
Halve artichoke hearts and heat to boiling in salted water.
Drain and dry on paper towels.
Halve unpeeled zucchini crosswise, then cut each into 4 or 5 sticks.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Scrape carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths, then... - 42.0952
In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, herbs, and garlic salt together.
Dredge the squid, scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, eggplant, and zucchini in turn in the flour, then dip them in the egg mixture.
Shake off the excess.
Dip the shellfish and... - 42.0468
Combine flour, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper in medium bowl; stir to mix well.
Combine 1 cup (250 mL) warm water and the olive oil; stir into flour mixture.
Whisk until smooth.
Let batter stand covered, at room temperature, 1 hour.
Meanwhile, clean... - 41.8934
1) Preheat the oven to 200 °F before warming.
2) In cold salted water, soak brains and sweetbreads for 15 minutes and rinse in cold running water.
3) Take a kettle; place the brains and sweetbreads in it by covering with enough water... - 40.9502
A colourful mixed hors d'oeuvre which makes an appetizing and fairly substantial starter to a light meal.
Arrange the salami and olives on a long platter.
Cut the eggs into wedges and stand on top of the salami.
Drape the drained anchovies over the eggs.
Put... - 39.4333
Squid And Prawn Fritto Misto Di Mare
Remove the ink sacs from the squid and cut the flesh into small pieces.
Place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
Set aside with the prawns and fish.
To make the batter, sift the flour and salt into a bowl,... - 39.0393
Golden Fritto Misto
For batter: Combine flour, water, egg yolk, vermouth, salt and pepper in medium bowl and stir until smooth.
Beat egg white in separate bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
Dip seafood and vegetables into batter, coating well.
Let stand 10... - 36.5587
Fritto Misto Di Mare
There are many varieties of fritto misto in Italy which consist, in the main, of small pieces of food dipped in coating batter and then deep fried in hot oil.
Fritto misto mare is basically a fish version.
Again, it is difficult to be strictly authentic with... - 35.1132
Combine meats, chicken, vegetables, parsley, tarragon, and thyme in a large sauce pot.
Pour in enough water to cover meat, and salt to taste.
Cover pot, bring to boiling, and simmer 3 to 4 hours, or until tongue is tender.
Remove skin from tongue.
Slice meat,... - 34.7855
Fritto Misto Di Mare
Cut the body and tentacles of the calamary into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) rings.
Bring some salted water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add the calamary and boil for about 25 minutes or until tender.
(Large calamary will take longer to cook.) Drain the calamary.
Roll all... - 33.7028
1. Place the chicken, beef and sausage in a large pot with one sliced carrot, one quartered onion, one quartered yellow turnip, one chopped leek and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, skim and season with one tablespoon salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme and... - 32.3159
Combine meats, chicken and soup greens in a steam pressure cooker.
Add salt to taste and cook according to manufacturer's cooking timetable.
Remove skin from tongue.
Arrange hot meats on a large board. - 32.067
Seafood Fritto Misto Di Mare
1. First make the batter. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the egg yolk and oil and mix well. Gradually beat in the milk to make a smooth batter. Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
2. Heat the oil in a deep-frying pan.
3. Coat... - 31.7233
1. Combine meats, chicken, vegetables, parsley, tarragon, and thyme in a large saucepot. Pour in enough water to cover meat, and salt to taste.
2. Cover pot, bring to boiling, and simmer 3 to 4 hours, or until tongue is tender.
3. Remove skin from tongue.... - 31.5468
1. Put the veal in a large saucepan. Half fill the pan with salted water and bring to a boil, skimming off the scum that rises to the surface. Simmer for 45 minutes. Add the chicken, beef, peppercorns and herbs to the pan. Return to the boil, then cover and... - 30.3823
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Toss in carrots and green onions and saute until tender. Add all other vegetables, tossing over medium-high heat until well combined.
Cover pan and... - 29.7055
Everyday Fritto Misto
1. Sift together the flour, salt and pepper.
2. Beat the egg yolks until light. Add the beer and mix into the dry ingredients, stirring only until well blended.
3. Stir in the butter. Let stand at room temperature one and one-half hours. Beat the egg whites... - 29.1937
Fritto Misto Al Pesce
Remove heads of small whole fish, open bodies out and remove backbones. Cut fillets into 5cm long strips. Shell prawns, leaving tails on, and devein. Remove any dark beards from scallops. Wash squid under cold running water, pull off head and empty the body... - 28.7489
Adapted from Singing Chef Pasquale Cookery Show on PBS Canada. - 26.967