- » Millet Side Dish
Millet Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Millet Side Dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Millet Side Dish recipes.
Basic Bechamel Sauce
Now is the time to make one of the 'mother sauces' of French cuisine, bechamel sauce!.Watch this video to learn the basic recipe of bechamel sauce. It's delicious, versatile and easy on the purse! This traditional white sauce is delicious with fish, pasta or... - 119.848
Millet Mash Instead Of Mash Potatoes "great For Your Belly"
Millet is considered to be one of the least allergenic and most digestible grains available. This "millet mash" is a delicious, nutritious substitute for regular mash potatoes. Serve it to your friends, family and kids but don't tell them what's in it. When... - 113.311
In this video, you're going to learn how to make millet perfectly every single time, without fail. Millet is a great grain to use, especially if you're on a gluten free diet. - 110.01
Mashed Millet And Cauliflower
Mashed grains and cauliflower…how does that sound? According to Katherine, this is a good substitute to mashed potatoes and is a great way to get some veggies into the kids!! Cauliflower and millet are a great combination. Watch Katherine make this, and try... - 102.415
Millet And Cauliflower Mash
Always worried about eating too much of mashed potato? Here is your solution…out with the potato mash and in with the millet mash! This combination of millet and cauliflower is tasty and the added seasonings add to it. - 102.086
Bajra Roti - Millet Flat Bread-gluten Free
If you're interested in having Indian roti then check this out. Chef Bhavna shows us how to make bajra roti. This is the traditional Indian roti. You should try making it. But before trying it, do watch the video. - 100.698
Millet And Vegetable Delight
Have you ever tried millet for a meal? Watch this excellent video that combines greens and colorful vegetables with millet to make a wonderful, healthy and delicious meal. The video is well explained and helps to make a great appetizing meal in no time. Try... - 95.72
Dilled Vegetables With Millet
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Add grain and stir well. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Turn the heat off. Let the covered pot rest for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl place the millets and keep fluffing it with a fork so that it cools down.
5. Boil 1... - 48.4036
Millet And Cumin Loaf
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 450°F / Gas Mark 8.
2) In a pan with the boiling water, soak the millet for 20 minutes, drain and reserve the water.
3) In a small bowl, blend the yeast, 4 tablespoons plain flour, sugar and warm water... - 48.3434
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. When the butter has melted, add the chopped celery and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
3. To the celery, add the spices, herbs and seasonings and sauté for 1 minute. You can... - 47.8653
1. In a large skillet or heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
3. When the seeds start popping, ass the turmeric and diced potatoes and carrots and... - 47.1903
Millet Muffins With Fresh Corn
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375°F
2. In a 12-cup muffint tin, oil or spray, with a nonstick vegetable oil spray, take the egg and sugar and beat it together, pour oil and 1/2 cup of the buttermilk, stir till mixture is well... - 46.3399
Sunflower Seed Millet Loaf
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
3) Use an oiled loaf pan to pour the mixture.
4) Place inside oven and bake for an hour or so.
5) Serve the loaf with any side dish of your choice. - 46.1963
Millet Stuffed Apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut approximately 1/2 inch from the top of each apple and remove the cores.
3. Hollow the apples with a spoon, leaving sturdy shells.
4. Finely chop 1 cup of apple pulp and set aside; reserve the tops and... - 45.4677
Millet Barley Bread
Stir gelatin into water.
Combine in a large mixing bowl flours, carrots, honey, oil, salt, and baking powder.
Beat egg whites to soft peaks.
Without cleaning beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Heat gelatin water to... - 45.4408
1) Attach metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut parsley and chives in it into 2-inch lengths.
2) Pulse them on/off until finely minced.
3) Take them off from bowl and set aside.
4) Pulse onion on/off until chopped... - 44.6539
Millet Corn Pudding
1 Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Lightly grease a 1 1/2quart I casserole; setaside.
In a medium-size saucepan, melt the butter with the oil over moderate heat.
Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes oruntil bubblingand golden.
Whisk in the milk, basil,... - 44.5206
Millet In A Nest Of Vegetables With Tomato Coulis
1. In a cooking pot add water and salt. Boil.
2. Stir the millet in the water. Lower the heat and simmer 45 minutes keeping the pot covered.
3. Steam vegetables till they are tender and crispy.
4. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
5. Mix garlic... - 44.4621
Saffroned Millet Pilaf With Roasted Red Peppers
1) In a gas flame or under the broiler, roast the red peppers, by frequent turning, until the skins are well charred all over.
2) In a bowl, place the peppers and cover with plastic wrap. Place aside to steam for 15 minutes.
3) Peel off the... - 44.3007
Millet Cake Melts With Sun Dried Tomatoes
In a small bowl, cover the tomatoes with boiling water; soak for 4 minutes.
Drain the tomatoes and finely chop them; set aside.
Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
Add the onions, carrots and garlic.
Cook and stir about 2... - 43.9605
Millet Vegetable Pilaf
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut onion in it into 1-inch pieces.
2) Pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine.
3) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl and fit carrots in it after cutting in half... - 43.8059
Millet With Potatoes And Carrots
1) Collect all the vegetables and wash them properly.
2) In a pan, cook the millet and let it be cool.
3) Finely... - 43.6598
Cook the millet 10 minutes in the bouillon with the saffron and some of the pepper.
Wash, peel and cut the asparagus into 1/4-inch pieces and cook with the millet 15 more minutes.
Clean, wash and thinly slice the mushrooms and saute 10 minutes in 3... - 42.8213
Fenugreek Millet Special
Clean and wash the fenugreek thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan and place the mustard seeds in it.
When they splutter add the , turmeric, asafoetida and green chillies ana saute for 10 seconds.
Then add the fenugreek leaves and... - 41.2889
Millet Wheat Bread
Soften the yeast in water.
Scald milk; add oil, honey, and salt.
Pour this mixture over cracked millet, and allow it to cool, stirring occasionally.
When mixture has cooled, add the softened yeast, soy flour, and 3 cups whole wheat flour.
Keep... - 40.8872
Prepare the semolina by dry roasting the millet and grinding in a dry grinder or coffee mill.
The semolina must be of coarse texture, not fine.
But perhaps you are lucky enough to get your friendly neighbourhood flour mill to do this for you.
Clean, wash and... - 40.6673
Add honey to lukewarm water and sprinkle yeast over the surface.
Leave to soak.
Combine eggs and oil.
Combine salt, millet flour, cornmeal and oat flour.
When yeast mixture is activated, add it to egg mixture, then stir this into the dry mixture, blending... - 40.3656
1) In a small saucepan, boil vegetable stock or water.
2) In a heavy gauge medium-size saucepan, heat oil and for 2 minutes saute the millet.
3) Saute it until a toasty smell comes.
4) Pour stock or water in the millet and add saffron ot... - 40.273
Millet Lentil Loaf
Cook millet and lentils according to preferred methods.
Drain lentils if necessary.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Saute green onions in oil for a minute, then add spinach and toss lightly to steam for another minute or two.
Combine cooked millet, lentils, sauteed... - 39.3982
Millet And Vegetable Stir Fry
Cook the millet according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms, carrots, and onion and coat with cooking spray.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until... - 38.9834
Ezekiel Bread ( Wheat, Barley, Rye, Millet )
This Ezekiel Bread has become my staple for lunch ! This mixed grain Ezekiel Bread is not only highly nutritious but also very tasty. Try it out this weekend ! Feel free to comment here! - 37.9669
Millet And Vegetables
1) In a saucepan, boil 3 C water to cook the millet until almost all the water is gone.
2) Place in vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
3) Pour in oil and add kelp. Mix well.
4) Season with soy sauce substitute before serving. - 36.449
Millet And Eggplant Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium skillet warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high beat until hot but not smoking. Add the millet and stir constantly until toasted and golden, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and vermouth and bring just... - 36.2644
Salad With Millet
Cook the millet 15 minutes in 2 cups of water with the salt and basil.
Wash and add the cauliflower and simmer another 10 minutes.
Mix the ham and cheese strips, the nuts and eighths of egg with the drained millet and cauliflower mixture.
Make a dressing from... - 33.2152
Millet Stuffing For Peppers
1. Bring water and millet to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Saute onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Season.
3. Combine millet, egg whites, and cottage cheese with onion mixture.
4. Fill green pepper halves with millet mixture.... - 29.8693
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and cauliflower and saute until golden.
Add the millet and saute until lightly browned.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
Put the mixture through a food mill.
Serve with bechamel sauce or... - 29.5673
Vegetable Millet Stew
1. Combine all vegetables in a soup pot.
2. Sprinkle parsley and millet over vegetables. Add 3 to 4 cups water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes. Keep moist with additional water. - 28.724
Bring salted water to a boil, stir in millet, turn heat down and simmer over direct heat or transfer to top of double boiler, place over boiling water and cook, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes until millet is soft.
Turn into oiled loaf pan and cool.
Refrigerate... - 28.3174
Amazing Millet Lentil Patties
1. Cover millet with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Add cooked, drained lentils to cooked millet. Add onion and seasoning.
3. Form into patties, dip in beaten egg whites, and then dip in wheat... - 27.5342
This creamy millet tastes awesome ! Enjoy the nutty flavor of this temptingly yellow dish! Try out the creamy millets with apples and honey for breakfast and you'll love it! Give your lil one this Creamy Millet without salt and honey ! Tell me how you like... - 23.529
Substitute 3 cups allpurpose flour for 3 cups whole wheat flour.
Add 1 1/2 cups each of whole wheat and millet flour. - 14.7655
Millet Wheat Crepes
Mix the both flour with water in the Bosch blender.
For more tender crepes, refrigerate batter 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
If cornmeal settles to the bottom, blend again.
Fry as directed for Basic Crepes. - 12.7288