- » Millet Grain
Millet Grain Recipes
Enjoy our collection of millet grain recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for millet grain recipes.
This creamy millet tastes awesome ! Enjoy the nutty flavor of this temptingly yellow dish! Try out the creamy millets with apples and honey for breakfast and you'll love it! Give your lil one this Creamy Millet without salt and honey ! Tell me how you like... - 21.2106
1. In a large skillet or heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
3. When the seeds start popping, ass the turmeric and diced potatoes and carrots and... - 46.8365
Millet porridge is a rich and healthy way to have breakfast. Now give your family the nutrition of millet by making this extremely simple dish. The dish is even made simpler by the chef who explains each step in a simple way, so that you can enjoy your... - 99.2509
Millet And Vegetables
1) In a saucepan, boil 3 C water to cook the millet until almost all the water is gone.
2) Place in vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
3) Pour in oil and add kelp. Mix well.
4) Season with soy sauce substitute before serving. - 33.7972
Millet Vegetable Soup
Saute millet, vegetables and garlic in rendered chicken fat until lightly browned.
Add stock, cover, bring to gentle boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes until millet is tender.
Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. - 28.8541
Coconut Millet Stuffing
1) In a bowl, add all the ingredients.
2) Combine all together.
3) Use the mixture as stuffing for any stuffed preparation. - 30.7388
Four Grain Cereal
Combine all ingredients in a 2quart casserole.
Cover, and bake overnight in a 150Â° F.oven.
NOTE: Barley, oats, and/or buckwheat may be substituted for the above grains. - 21.6792
Saffroned Millet Pilaf With Roasted Red Peppers
1) In a gas flame or under the broiler, roast the red peppers, by frequent turning, until the skins are well charred all over.
2) In a bowl, place the peppers and cover with plastic wrap. Place aside to steam for 15 minutes.
3) Peel off the... - 45.7489
Millet And Cumin Loaf
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 450°F / Gas Mark 8.
2) In a pan with the boiling water, soak the millet for 20 minutes, drain and reserve the water.
3) In a small bowl, blend the yeast, 4 tablespoons plain flour, sugar and warm water... - 48.6127
Barley Soup (or Any Whole Grain)
Heat a 2 or 3 quart saucepan.
Add the oil, onions, and celery, and saute.
Add the barlev or other grain and saute together with the vegetables for 5 minutes.
Add the water and bring to a boil.
Simmer 1 hour or more.
Soups are better the longer they cook.)... - 41.854
These Eight Grain muffins are not only healthy but tasty too! Try out this Eight Grain Muffin snack and let me know if you like it ! - 37.0128
Vegetable Millet Stew
1. Combine all vegetables in a soup pot.
2. Sprinkle parsley and millet over vegetables. Add 3 to 4 cups water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes. Keep moist with additional water. - 27.3234
Good Morning Millet Cereal
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes. - 16.0577
1) Attach metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut parsley and chives in it into 2-inch lengths.
2) Pulse them on/off until finely minced.
3) Take them off from bowl and set aside.
4) Pulse onion on/off until chopped... - 44.0177
Ezekiel Bread ( Wheat, Barley, Rye, Millet )
This Ezekiel Bread has become my staple for lunch ! This mixed grain Ezekiel Bread is not only highly nutritious but also very tasty. Try it out this weekend ! Feel free to comment here! - 37.6578
Mashed Millet And Cauliflower
Mashed grains and cauliflower…how does that sound? According to Katherine, this is a good substitute to mashed potatoes and is a great way to get some veggies into the kids!! Cauliflower and millet are a great combination. Watch Katherine make this, and try... - 104.043
Millet Wheat Crepes
Reduce whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup and add 1/2 cup millet flour. - 10.9011
Orange Millet Dessert
1. In the top of a double boiler, mix the millet with 1/2 cup of the milk. Scald the remaining milk and stir into the millet.
2. Add the grated rind of the orange and the honey. Cook over boiling water, stirring occasionally, until the millet is tender and... - 24.8817
1. Put the millet, water, and salt to taste in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked millet and turn into an oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch... - 28.8155
Millet With Leafy Greens
The Millet With Leafy Greens dish is a simple yet amazingly satisfying dish. The vegetable dish is a treat for your taste buds. Cook the Millet With Leafy Greens using this recipe! - 33.8619
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and cauliflower and saute until golden.
Add the millet and saute until lightly browned.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
Put the mixture through a food mill.
Serve with bechamel sauce or... - 28.8496
Squash & Millet Casserole
Squash & Millet Casserole is easy to make. This Squash & Millet Casserole dish does not cost you much either to make. You will make this again! - 27.4237
Millet In A Nest Of Vegetables With Tomato Coulis
1. In a cooking pot add water and salt. Boil.
2. Stir the millet in the water. Lower the heat and simmer 45 minutes keeping the pot covered.
3. Steam vegetables till they are tender and crispy.
4. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
5. Mix garlic... - 45.4239
Ragi Baby Food
Lets have a look on how to prepare ragi or finger millet for a baby's diet. - 112.222
Millet-rice With Stir Fried Tempeh And Vegetables
How about Tempeh for your next meal? In this video, you will see how to make a millet-rice dish served with stir fried tempeh and vegetables. This is a really simple recipe that is healthy and highly nutritious. Watch this video and learn how to make this... - 119.584
Millet And Tomato Gratin
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in carrots and sweat over low heat for about 5 minutes, and add thyme and millet.
3. Cook for 2 minutes until the grains get slightly toasted.
4. Make tomatoes and... - 44.7564
Sunflower, Millet, Poppy Seed Bread
Whole grain breads are always delicious! In this video, you will see how to make sunny millet poppy seed bread. Like any other bread making, this recipe too takes some planning, so remember to plan ahead. This bread is really nice and healthy with sunflower... - 103.009
Bring salted water to a boil, stir in millet, turn heat down and simmer over direct heat or transfer to top of double boiler, place over boiling water and cook, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes until millet is soft.
Turn into oiled loaf pan and cool.
Refrigerate... - 27.2277
Whole Millet Crackers
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine oil, honey, salt and water.
Stir in whole millet, millet flour and whole wheat flour.
It may be necessary to knead dough to work in the last of the flour.
Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick on buttered cookie sheet.
Do not use oil... - 32.2727
Heat stock in top of double boiler over direct heat.
When boiling, add millet, oil and yeast.
Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
Put over bottom of double boiler, to which hot water has been added.
Cook gently for about 30 minutes or until,... - 29.6063
Soybeans And Millet Casserole
Cook soybeans and millet according to package directions.
Saute onions, green peppers and mushrooms in the oil for 10 minutes.
Mix in remaining ingredients.
Bake in well-greased casserole at 325°F (165°C) for about 45 to 60 minutes. - 31.071
Summer Vegetables With Golden Millet
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and lightly toast the millet until it starts to become golden brown. Add the spring onions, pepper, courgettes and French beans and cook gently for 5-7 minutes.
2. Stir in the apple juice, boiling water, thyme and lemon rind.... - 28.9147
Soften yeast in lukewarm liquid.
Pour boiling water over fruit.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Combine yeast and fruit mixtures.
Stir in oil and flours.
If necessary, add more whole wheat flour to make dough stiff.
Roll out thin on floured pastry board.
Cut into... - 36.1646
Millet Wheat Bread
Soften the yeast in water.
Scald milk; add oil, honey, and salt.
Pour this mixture over cracked millet, and allow it to cool, stirring occasionally.
When mixture has cooled, add the softened yeast, soy flour, and 3 cups whole wheat flour.
Keep... - 39.2537
Roasted Peoppers With Millet And Basil
1. Cut each red pepper in half and remove the seeds and white membrane. Pack the pepper halves tightly into a roasting tin with the skin side down.
2. Heat a frying pan until hot, add the millet grains and toast for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan often.
3. In a... - 36.2528
Herb Millet Casserole
This Herb Millet Casserole tastes heavenly with a bowl of rice. Try this Herb Milllet Casserole for your weekend lunch and tell me if you like it ! - 33.1026
Toast the millet grains in a little oil until golden.
Tip into a bowl.
Cut the chicken into pieces -about 5 cm/2 inches long and 1 cm/1/2 inch wide.
Fry the garlic and/or onion in a little more oil.
Then add the chicken and brown the outside.
Add the cumin... - 42.9909
Millet Vegetable Pilaf
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut onion in it into 1-inch pieces.
2) Pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine.
3) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl and fit carrots in it after cutting in half... - 43.9809
Brown meat in a large skillet.
Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons.
Transfer meat to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Saute onion and celery in remaining fat.
Add to the meat.
Pour millet over meat mixture.
Combine soup, water, sunflower seeds, garlic powder, salt,... - 38.0685
Substitute a singlegrain flour, such as corn, millet, barley, or rye, or a multigrain flour for 2 cups of the whole wheat flour. - 10.8559
In this video, you're going to learn how to make millet perfectly every single time, without fail. Millet is a great grain to use, especially if you're on a gluten free diet. - 112.888
In a 2-quart saucepan combine chicken broth and water. Bring to boiling. Stir in millet and rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till rice is ten- der. Remove from the heat.
Stir green onion into the millet mixture.... - 22.0472
Millet Mash Instead Of Mash Potatoes "great For Your Belly"
Millet is considered to be one of the least allergenic and most digestible grains available. This "millet mash" is a delicious, nutritious substitute for regular mash potatoes. Serve it to your friends, family and kids but don't tell them what's in it. When... - 106.957
Millet Breakfast Cereal
In a 10 by 15-inch baking pan, spread millet out in a thin layer.
Bake in a 300° oven until millet smells and tastes toasted (chew a few grains; color does not change much), 15 to 20 minutes.
In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine millet and water.
Bring to a... - 29.239
In a 10 to 12-inch frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add onion; stir often until limp, about 3 minutes.
Add millet and stir until it smells and tastes toasted (chew a few grains; color does not change much), about 5 minutes.
Add broth slowly;... - 25.5593
Millet And Cauliflower Mash
Always worried about eating too much of mashed potato? Here is your solution…out with the potato mash and in with the millet mash! This combination of millet and cauliflower is tasty and the added seasonings add to it. - 103.73
Kidney Bean Stew With Millet Pilaf
1. In a dry saucepan toast the millets on medium heat. Toast them for 5 minutes. Keep stirring constantly.
2. Notice the grains popping. Add salt and water. Let it boil.
3. Cover the saucepan. Turn the heat down.
4. Simmer 30 minutes so that the water... - 46.6155
Dilled Vegetables With Millet
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Add grain and stir well. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Turn the heat off. Let the covered pot rest for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl place the millets and keep fluffing it with a fork so that it cools down.
5. Boil 1... - 47.8378
Soften yeast in 1/2 cup potato water.
Boil the remaining half cup and pour over millet.
Add honey and cool to lukewarm.
Combine with yeast mixture and allow to rise until bubbly.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bake in hot, oiled waffle iron. - 29.0047
Raspberry Millet Pancakes
Place the millet in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Cook, shaking the skillet often, for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and toasted.
Add the water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until... - 44.9808
Ragi Sankati/raagi Ball
Finger Millet populary know as Ragi in India, is a cereal crop with an amazing nutritional value. Rich in Protein, Calcium and Amino acids such as Methionine, Ragi flour is versatile for making porridges, pancakes, flat-breads and Ragi Balls. Ragi Ball in... - 40.4674
If you love granola, this recipe is for you! Nutty granola is an inexpensive and nutritious breakfast which is quick and easy to prepare. This granola has unusual ingredients of a grain which make this a good source of protein and give a nutty texture to it. - 101.434
Dill Salmon And Multi Grain Casserole
In a Dutch oven or heavy casserole dish, bring liquids to a boil, sprinkle grains slowly into the boiling liquid.
Cover the pot, lower the heat so liquid barely simmers, and cook until the grain is tender and the liquid is absorbed (25 -30 minutes).
While pot... - 33.7743
Grain Seed Wafers
Cover millet, wheat and seeds with liquid.
In morning, drain off liquid.
Reserve it as soup stock.
Blend grains and seeds.
Batter will be coarse.
Drop onto hot, un-oiled soapstone griddle or into heated, oiled pan.
Brown lightly on each side;... - 25.4887
Mixed Grain Porridge
In a large bowl, combine the cracked wheat and 1 1/4 cups of the water.
Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Add the millet, couscous, bulgur, oat bran, and remaining 2 cups water.
Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. - 27.847
Six Grain Granola
In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, rye flour, millet, wheat germ, sugar, coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and salt.
In a blender, combine peanut butter, oil, water, and vanilla; whirl until well combined.
Add to... - 37.8098
Steamed Whole Grain Bread
This recipe for steamed whole grain bread is a mixed flour, oat and milet bread. Very nurtitious and healthy, the steamed bread has sunflower nuts and eggs in it. garnished with fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce, this can be served for breakfast as a... - 45.1842
Multi Grain Bread With Buttermilk
Stir gelatin into 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and heat gently to dissolve.
Then combine with remaining buttermilk, honey, lecithin, and oil.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Stir in the buttermilk mixture.
Batter should be... - 42.5254
Toasted Grain Pilaf
1. In a large saucepan placed in low heat, add the grains and stirring constantly, toss for just 1 minute or until they turn light brown.
2. Blend in curry powder, stir, take off from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the... - 45.3262
Four Grain Vegetable Soup
Four Grain Vegetable Soup is made out of the finest grains and variety of veggies. The nutrition factor of this recipe is remarkable. Starting from herbs, vegetables, meat stock to even grated cheese, Four Grain Vegetable Soup is always the chef's choice. So... - 45.039
Three Grain Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Dissolve yeast in a warm water-honey mixture and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes till yeast turns bubbly.
3. Take a large bowl, add rest of the ingredients and using an electric mixture with dough hook,... - 44.7887
Seven Grain Bread
1. Preheat oven
2. Grease and dust the loaf tin with flour.
3. In a large bowl, place all the flours and the poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture, so that you can pour in the yeast in it.
4. In another... - 46.1711
Multi Grain Scones
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) In a bowl add egg, sugar, and oil. Whisk together.
3) In another bowl add lemon zest and all the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
4) Gently add dry ingredients into the egg,... - 47.9644
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, blend together milk, melted margarine or oil, and egg yolks.
Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, and blend.
Beat the egg whites until stiff.
Fold gently into batter.
Bake in a hot waffle iron... - 33.9736
This Shrimp Salad tastes awesome with rice ! Try out this Shrimp Salad for lunch today and tell me if you liked it ! - 40.3571
Combine water, millet, and salt in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until tender.
Drain any excess water.
In a small bowl, combine grated cheese, minced onion, parsley, and salt.
In the Bosch blender, mix eggs and... - 36.3604
Instant Pasta Soup
1.Take a large kettle, add the broth, pasta ,grains and vegetables. Mix well.
2.On a low to medium heat, let it cook properly
3.Once done,add seasoning
4.Let stand for a few minutes to help flavors blend
5.Serve fresh and hot - 39.4593
In a large skillet or wok, saute pork slices in butter or margarine.
Add green pepper and onions, and saute until crisptender.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch or barley flour with water and bouillon cubes.
Add to the skillet, and stir until thickened.
Add... - 34.1083
Throw-it In-the-pot Stew
Place all ingredients, except greens and tamari, in large pot and cook until grain is tender.
Add chopped wild greens, if available, for the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
Add tamari to taste.
Any vegetables may be added to this stew. - 31.7001
Substitute 1 cup each of barley, millet, rye, and whole wheat flour for the 4 cups whole wheat flour. - 11.6064
Mix rice, cereal, and salt and form into patties.
Dip in beaten egg and then whole wheat flour.
Fry in hot oil in skillet until crisp on the bottom.
Turn and fry on the other side.
Serve with tamari. - 27.3404
Preheat the oven to 300 Degree.
Heat the oil in a 2 quart casserole.
Saute the mushrooms, onions, celery, and wheat or other grains until the onion is transparent and the grain is lightly browned.
Stir in the spices, stock, and the tamari.
Bring to a... - 41.1347
Thick Tamari Sauce
Pour oil into a small saucepan.
Add the tamari and bring to a boil.
Add the water and boil 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the dissolved arrowroot and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Serve on artichokes, millet puree, grains, and casseroles. - 24.5082
Whole Wheat Seed Bread
In a large bowl, combine yeast, molasses, and water and let stand until bubbly.
Add oil, salt, and 3 cups of the flour.
With a wooden spoon or heavy duty electric mixer at medium speed, beat until dough is elastic and pulls away from sides of bowl.
Mix in... - 45.2574
Bring stock to boil.
Add whole grain slowly.
Stir in salt, herbs and yeast.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add meat and chicken bits.
Simmer gently until thick.
Serve garnished with raw green onions or Sprouts. - 25.7385
In a medium saucepan, cook the rice and millet in the water and salt until grains are tender.
Drain any remaining water.
Pour the soup into a separate saucepan, and dilute with milk.
Heat until the soup resembles the consistency of a sauce.
On individual... - 33.9598
This vegetarian burger recipe (Also vegan) is one of the simplest and healthiest vegetarian recipes for burgers. Millet is a perfect grain for making patties since it is very soft and sticky when fully cooked. It also picks up the color of the beets for a... - 45.3061
1) Preheat oven to 250°.
2) Use the mill to grind wheat, barley, rye and millet all together.
3) Separately grind corn to medium fine.
4) In a bowl, combine all ingredients with fork or fingers to form small granules as in case of pastry... - 45.8404
Mix together oats, rice, rye, whole wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, mil- let, and sesame seed.
Use, or store up to 3 months in an airtight container in a cool, dry place - 22.644
Almond Chop Suey
Heat a large, heavy skillet on medium heat.
Add oil, onions, and carrots and saute 5 minutes.
Add the other vegetables, bean sprouts, and almonds.
Cover and continue sauteing on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are barely done but still... - 36.1528
Harvest Vegetables With Parsley Sauce
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and fry leeks for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in other vegetables and cook them at high heat.
3. Cover the pan and cook at low heat for about 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add little water to the pan and cook the... - 46.144
Easy Stir Fry With Tempeh And Vegetables
If you're looking for a different stir-fry recipe, then this recipe is a good one. The Chef makes the stir-fry from Tempeh, which is a traditionally soy product originally from Indonesia. Do check out this recipe. - 140.8
This Breakfast Medley tastes fantastic and it is highly nutritious too ! Try out this Breakfast Medley tomorrow morning and tell me if you liked it ! - 39.361
Blend buttermilk, egg yolks, honey, and melted butter or margarine in a large bowl.
Add dry ingredients.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
Fold into batter.
Fry pancakes on a lightly greased 375Â° F.griddle until golden brown, turning... - 34.8241
Lentil And Mushroom Veggie Burger
The delicious mix of lentils, mushrooms and whole grains give this burger a great taste and texture. The baking helps keep the calories down! - 122.83
Does food bring back memories for you? Are transported to another time and place by the smells and tastes of certain foods? Food can evoke some of the sweetest memories, especially from one’s childhood. British foodie Nigel Slater based his autobiography... - 139.711
Mix Your Own Cereal Blend
Mix all ingredients.
Store in tightly closed container in cool, dry place.
2 cups of this mix makes 6 servings.
Grains may, of course, be mixed in any proportion desired. - 28.3206
Seafood Gumbo With Brown Rice
1.Add kettle on stove, and add olive oil. Heat enough to warm it.
2.Now add the garlic,onions and green peppers. Saute till onions are translucent
3.Pour clam juice, sprinkle herbs and add water to the pot.Let it boil. Then cover and simmer for 30... - 46.3112
Place chicken in a large kettle, and cover with water.
Simmer until tender.
Remove chicken from stock, and cool.
Remove meat from bones, and cut into small pieces.
Add enough water to increase stock to 4 cups.
Stir millet and rice into chicken... - 38.4913
Apricot Quinoa Cereal
1. Rinse the quinoa according to the package instructions.
2. In a saucepan, boil together the water, apricot nectar, apricots, cinnamon, and mace.
3. Add the quinoa and millet to the saucepan and reduce the heat.
4. Partially cover the pan and cook... - 43.3604
Heat oil in bottom of pot and in it lightly saute onions and mushrooms.
Add bay leaves, parsley, chervil, yeast and soy flour.
Steam gently for 5 minutes.
In another pot, simmer grains in stock 1/2 hour or until tender.
Combine with steamed... - 35.0316
Preheat the oven to 120Â°C/250Â°F/Gas mark 1/2.
Combine the maple syrup, hot water and vanilla essence.
Mix the grains, nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla solution and mix thoroughly.
Spread out the mixture on a... - 37.5413
1) The oven is preheated to 200 degrees C.
2) Baking sheets are greased and kept aside.
3) Hot water is poured over the sweeteners, placed in a bowl.
4) When it turns luke warm, yeast is stirred in.
5) This mixture is placed in a warm,... - 44.725
Old World Cabbage Rolls
1) In a large pot, boil water.
2) In the water, drop the whole head of cabbage for 3-5 minutes and then drain off the water.
3) Peel off the cabbage's leaves carefully and set them aside.
4) Grate the carrot... - 48.5134
1) Properly wash the peppers, slice off their tops and clean out the centers.
2) Shred the carrots and cut the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter and then add the... - 47.1429
Healthy Vegan Pizza
For all the pizza lovers, here's a fantastic pizza recipe minus the extra calories. Watch chef Heather prepare this totally divine Vegan Pizza and that too without the extra fat. This recipe is a must try, watch it now. - 103.268