- » Millet
Millet is the probably the first food grain to grown by humans for consumptions. Mainly used for making bread initially, millets today are grown and consumed the world over as a healthy cereal grain. Millets have ... More »
Ragi Baby Food
Lets have a look on how to prepare ragi or finger millet for a baby's diet. - 112.222
Millet porridge is a rich and healthy way to have breakfast. Now give your family the nutrition of millet by making this extremely simple dish. The dish is even made simpler by the chef who explains each step in a simple way, so that you can enjoy your... - 99.2509
1. In a large skillet or heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
3. When the seeds start popping, ass the turmeric and diced potatoes and carrots and... - 46.8365
Millet In A Nest Of Vegetables With Tomato Coulis
1. In a cooking pot add water and salt. Boil.
2. Stir the millet in the water. Lower the heat and simmer 45 minutes keeping the pot covered.
3. Steam vegetables till they are tender and crispy.
4. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
5. Mix garlic... - 45.4239
Millet And Tomato Gratin
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in carrots and sweat over low heat for about 5 minutes, and add thyme and millet.
3. Cook for 2 minutes until the grains get slightly toasted.
4. Make tomatoes and... - 44.7564
1) Attach metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then cut parsley and chives in it into 2-inch lengths.
2) Pulse them on/off until finely minced.
3) Take them off from bowl and set aside.
4) Pulse onion on/off until chopped... - 44.0177
Soften yeast in lukewarm liquid.
Pour boiling water over fruit.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Combine yeast and fruit mixtures.
Stir in oil and flours.
If necessary, add more whole wheat flour to make dough stiff.
Roll out thin on floured pastry board.
Cut into... - 36.1646
Millet With Leafy Greens
The Millet With Leafy Greens dish is a simple yet amazingly satisfying dish. The vegetable dish is a treat for your taste buds. Cook the Millet With Leafy Greens using this recipe! - 33.8619
Whole Millet Crackers
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine oil, honey, salt and water.
Stir in whole millet, millet flour and whole wheat flour.
It may be necessary to knead dough to work in the last of the flour.
Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick on buttered cookie sheet.
Do not use oil... - 32.2727
Soybeans And Millet Casserole
Cook soybeans and millet according to package directions.
Saute onions, green peppers and mushrooms in the oil for 10 minutes.
Mix in remaining ingredients.
Bake in well-greased casserole at 325°F (165°C) for about 45 to 60 minutes. - 31.071
Heat stock in top of double boiler over direct heat.
When boiling, add millet, oil and yeast.
Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
Put over bottom of double boiler, to which hot water has been added.
Cook gently for about 30 minutes or until,... - 29.6063
Summer Vegetables With Golden Millet
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and lightly toast the millet until it starts to become golden brown. Add the spring onions, pepper, courgettes and French beans and cook gently for 5-7 minutes.
2. Stir in the apple juice, boiling water, thyme and lemon rind.... - 28.9147
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and cauliflower and saute until golden.
Add the millet and saute until lightly browned.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
Put the mixture through a food mill.
Serve with bechamel sauce or... - 28.8496
1. Put the millet, water, and salt to taste in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked millet and turn into an oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch... - 28.8155
Squash & Millet Casserole
Squash & Millet Casserole is easy to make. This Squash & Millet Casserole dish does not cost you much either to make. You will make this again! - 27.4237
Bring salted water to a boil, stir in millet, turn heat down and simmer over direct heat or transfer to top of double boiler, place over boiling water and cook, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes until millet is soft.
Turn into oiled loaf pan and cool.
Refrigerate... - 27.2277
Orange Millet Dessert
1. In the top of a double boiler, mix the millet with 1/2 cup of the milk. Scald the remaining milk and stir into the millet.
2. Add the grated rind of the orange and the honey. Cook over boiling water, stirring occasionally, until the millet is tender and... - 24.8817
This creamy millet tastes awesome ! Enjoy the nutty flavor of this temptingly yellow dish! Try out the creamy millets with apples and honey for breakfast and you'll love it! Give your lil one this Creamy Millet without salt and honey ! Tell me how you like... - 21.2106
Millet Wheat Crepes
Reduce whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup and add 1/2 cup millet flour. - 10.9011
Millet Recipes By Category