- » Microwave Low Calorie Side Dish
Microwave Low Calorie Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of microwave low calorie side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for microwave low calorie side dish recipes.
Low Calorie Rice Crust
Combine ingredients and press evenly over bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate or quiche dish.
It is not necessary to cook before adding filling.
However, if you prefer, cook on 70 (roast) 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. - 23.3636
Low Calorie Swedish Meatballs With Sauce
In medium mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients.
Shape into 18 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches.
Arrange in 9-inch square baking dish.
Cover with wax paper.
Microwave at High for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes, or until firm and no longer pink,... - 47.4191
Indian Side Dish - Baingan Ka Bharta
Here is Roasted eggplant cooked with aromatic Indian spices. All over India they have their own version of the Bharta, but here I am presenting the North Indian Spicy version. - 0
Microwave Tomato Chutney
Fresh tomatoes provide vitamins and minerals which are further enhanced by the freshly squeezed lemon juice. A nutritious chutney that can double up as a dessert if you do not want to eat calorific sweets. - 0
In a small saucepan, simmer fruit until softened or microwave fruit in a small microwave-safe dish on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes.
Cool to room temperature.
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. - 27.4715
Dilled Vegetable Medley
In a 1 1/2-quart casserole combine cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, and 2 tablespoons water.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 5 to 7 minutes or till crisp-tender, stirring once.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl stir together the yogurt,... - 32.1203
Spinach With Horseradish Cucumber Sauce
In a 2-quart casserole micro-cook the frozen spinach, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 9 to 11 minutes or till spinach is done, stirring once.
Drain the spinach thoroughly, pressing out excess liquid.
In a small bowl combine cucumber dressing and... - 29.4129
Spring Peas And Carrots
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine first 3 ingredients. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 5 minutes, until tender-crisp.
2. Add margarine and stir to combine; microwave, uncovered, on High for 3 minutes. Let stand 1 minute.
3. To serve,... - 29.4718
Sesame Broccoli And Cauliflower
1) In a 2.5 L (10 cup) microwave safe casserole, pour oil and add sesame seeds.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 4 minutes.
3) Put in broccoli and cauliflower.
4) In a bowl, blend soy sauce and ginger. Pour over vegetables; mix well.
5) Using a plastic wrap,... - 40.5042
Corn With Chive Cream
1. In 1-quart shallow microwavable casserole arrange corn; add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 5 minutes, rotating casserole 1/22 turn halfway through cooking, until corn is tender.
2. In small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients;... - 25.2081
Artichokes With Mustard Sauce
Slice 1 inch from top of artichokes; trim stem even with base.
Cut off sharp tips of outer leaves.
Rinse artichokes under cold water.
Arrange in upright position in square baking dish, 8 x 8 inches.
Pour 1/4 cup water into baking dish.
Cover with plastic... - 37.6223
Orange Sauced Carrots
Cut carrots in half crosswise.
Quarter each carrot half lengthwise.
In a 1-quart casserole combine carrot pieces and water.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the carrots are tender, stirring once.
Let carrots stand,... - 40.5539
Apple And Wild Rice Dressing
1. Mix wild rice, water, margarine and salt in 2-quart casserole. Cover tightly and microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes or until boiling.
2. Microwave on medium (50%) 25 to 30 minutes or until wild rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in onion. Cover and... - 35.0895
Beef Vegetable Soup For Two
Crumble the lean ground beef into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 2 to 3 minutes or till done, stirring once to break up the ground beef.
Drain off fat.
Stir in vegetables, water, tomato sauce, bouillon granules, basil,... - 37.4888
Red Green & Gold Squash Platter
1. Core and quarter red bell peppers.
2. In a glass baking dish place in a single layer.
3. Cover and microwave at High power for 10 minutes.
4. In blender or food processor process peppers and remaining ingredients except squash and... - 43.7992
Asparagus With Herb Sauce
In a 1-quart casserole combine asparagus and water.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) for 5 to 7 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
Set aside, covered.
For sauce, in a 2-cup measure stir together skim milk, cornstarch, thyme, and... - 39.3913
Hot Shrimp Salad
Drain orange and grapefruit sections, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
Set juice aside.
In a large salad bowl toss together torn lettuce, onion rings, and orange and grapefruit sections.
Sprinkle generously with pepper.
For salad dressing, in a 2-cup measure... - 47.0978
Parmesan Broccoli In Wine
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine first 3 ingredients and stir to coat; microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and stir to combine; cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
3. Add remaining... - 31.451
Slim Zucchini Ratatouille
1. Wash the red peppers, core them and discard the white membrane; slice into rings
2. Was the egg plants and zucchini and cut into half inch slices
3. In a casserole, add oil and garlic and microwave for thirty seconds
4. Add red... - 43.9704
1) Take a large bowl and blend onions, tomatoes, salt, sugar, vinegar and stir well.
2) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Uncover and stir in cayenne pepper and mustard.
4) Cook a 1 minute more.
5) Place all spices wrapped in muslin cloth into
the... - 44.9556
Scallops With Cucumbers
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine cucumber, scallions, and oil and stir to coat; microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until scallions are softened.
2. Add scallops and stir to combine; microwave on High for... - 31.1255
Baigan Bharta is healthy and simple to prepare. The desi ghee gives the Baigan Bharta a majestic taste. Must catch it - 46.7055
Cooked Salad Dressing And Variations
1. Combine flour, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in 1-quart casserole.
2. Combine milk, egg yolks, vinegar, and butter in small bowl. Gradually stir into flour mixture. Cook on Full Power for 2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until mixture boils and is thickened. Stir... - 31.5509
Bean And Tuna Salad
1. Fill bottom portion of microwavable steamer with 1/2 cup water. Set steamer insert in place and fill with broccoli florets and pepper; cover and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes. Let stand 1 minute until vegetables are tender-crisp.
2. Transfer... - 30.7383
Halibut In Vegetable Sauce
To partially thaw halibut, place frozen fillets in a 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 30% power (MEDIUM-LOW) for 8 minutes.
On a cutting board crosswise cut partially thawed fillets into four portions.
Return fish to the baking dish.
Cover... - 44.6943
Veal And Spinach Roll Ups
Use a meat mallet to pound steak to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut into 4 serving-size pieces.
In a mixing bowl stir together onion and 1 tablespoon water.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power (HIGH) about 1 minute or till done; drain.
Drain spinach, pressing out... - 43.5067
Pina Colada Salad Mold
1. Oil a three cup mould
2. Drain the pineapple and reserve its juice; add water to it and make it up to one cup; microwave it in a one and a half quart bowl at HIGH for two and a half minutes till boiling
3. Add gelatin and stir till it... - 44.8814
Onion Sage Fish Sauce
You'll simply love the Onion Sage Fish Sauce from the American cusine. An easy to make side dish, the Onion Sage Fish Sauce is one of the best recipes that you can mouth! Please let us know if you agree with us. - 38.7344
Southwest Scallops And Pasta
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine scallions, bell peppers, oil, jalapeno pepper, and garlic and stir to coat with oil. Microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until bell peppers are tender-crisp.
2. Add... - 33.6342
Spinach And Mushroom Quiche
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter and mushrooms.
Microwave at high (10) 2 to 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Add spinach souffle, sausage, cheese, eggs, cream, pepper and hot sauce.
Pour into crust.
Microwave at medium high (7) 13 to 20... - 40.6053
Family Baked Bean Dinner
1. Drain pineapple.
2. Into 12 x 8-inch microwave dish put in green pepper and onion.
3. Cover, microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and mustard and stir in beans and pineapple.
5. Put in to green pepper... - 42.0575
Creamy Scallop Salad
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine scallions, pepper, and celery; microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute, until scallions are softened.
2. Add scallops and stir to combine; microwave on Medium (50%) for 3 minutes, stirring once halfway through... - 31.3289
Glazed Acorn Squash
1. Pierce whole squash several times and place on paper towels.
2. In a serving platter or baking dish, cook on High for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Slice crosswise into 1-inch slices.
5. Discard... - 42.2402
1. Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place in 8 x 12-inch microwave-safe dish.
3. Cover and let it microwave on High Power (100%) 2 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients except almonds.
5. Cover and let it microwave on High Power 15 minutes,... - 45.1743
Stuffed Italian Zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Trim ends of zucchini and scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
3. Chop zucchini removed from centers.
4. Saute zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and basil in margarine.
5. Stir in cottage cheese, spoon... - 45.6792
Hot Three Bean Salad
Place lima beans in a 2-quarr casserole; add water.
Cover with wax paper, and microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
Add green beans,- cover and microwave at HIGH for 6 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender.
Return beans to... - 45.5649
Bitter Gourd Fry/karathe Talasan
Cut bitter gourd into desired shapes and size.
Soak this in salty water for 2-3 hour.
In a pan or pot heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add curry leaves and red chillies.
Add garlic pods and bitter gourd. Before adding bitter gourd squeeze out the water completely.
Fry... - 36.6447
Prawns Shrimp Saint Jacques
Put the butter in a bowl and cook for 1 1/2 minutes until melted. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the milk and cook for 1 minute. Stir or whisk in the cream and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cheese and cook for 1 minute. Season the sauce to... - 34.0139