- » Methi
Methi is a plant belonging to the Fabaceae family which is known as Fenugreek in the English Language. Its seeds are used as a spicing ingredient and its leaves are used as herbs in cooking various food items. The ... More »
Methi Masala Puri
Bhavna shares her authentic Gujarati methi puri recipe and gives great tips on how to use a tortilla press to save the effort and time involved in rolling out the dough for the puris and how to fry the puris so that they puff up nicely. These fenugreek puris... - 105.482
This is cooked in very spicy, flavorful, delicious methi leaves which is very healthy and tastes awesome. This goes very well with raita or pickle. Try out this tasty and yummy methi rice. - 81.8781
First chop all the ingredients and keep aside.
In a pressure cooker put oil and ghee,when it is hot .
Add cinnamon,clove,maratimoggu,bayleaf,cardmom and fry for sec.
Now add onion,greenchillies and fry till onion is golden brown.
Then add methi leaves and fry... - 49.2275
Potato Methi Sabji
Pressure cook potato with skin for 3 whistle.
Cool and peel the skin.
Cut into small cubes and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds,onions,green chillies,saute for 3 mins.
Add ginger,garlic paste,saute well.
Add tomato puree,all dry masala... - 48.7922
Methi Pakoda Kadhi
The perfect dish to serve for a Holiday lunch. Fenugreek dumplings are deep fried and dunked for a few seconds in milk and then immersed in the curd kadhi. This process of soaking the fenugreek dumplings in milk makes them softer and more succulent and... - 47.9186
Methi Brinjal Curry
In a pan put oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to splutter,
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till onion turns to brown colour.
Then add methi leaves and fry till it becomes mashy.
Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Then... - 47.2871
1 Cut the paneer into small cubes. .
2 In a pan, heat the ghee.
3 Add in the paneer pieces and fry till golden brown.
4 Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
5 Clean and wash the methi leaves.
6 In a pan, boil the methi leaves in... - 46.9502
Tomato Curry With Kasuri Methi And Peas
Chop onions and tomatoes very finely
In a kadai or sauce pan heat oil and add onions
Add green peas and fry
Saute onions till golden brown
Optional: You can add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and fry for 10 sec
Add powders and tomatoes.
When oil starts to... - 45.8044
Methi Ka Salan
Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
Drain and rinse through in the morning.
Simmer in just sufficient salted water till soft.
Add a tablespoon of oil and braise them for 2 mins.
Heat remaining oil, fry mustard seed till they splutter, add onions and fry... - 45.5047
Methi Na Dhebra
Mix fenugreek leaves with salt and leave for half an hour.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Mix all flours, salt and chilli powder together.
Add chopped greens and ground spices.
Melt ghee and add to mixture.
Mix well and add enough warm... - 44.296
Fenugreek (methi) Chicken
In England... We call this dish... Green Chicken
Its colour is as rich as the taste of the fenugreek (methi)... - 43.9207
1. Soak the gram for 3-4 hours. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes
2. Wash and chop greens, green chillies and garlic. Peel and slice the ridge gourd.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic and garam masala. Fry for a minute.
4. Add drained gram, chopped greens, ridge gourd... - 43.8673
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds.
2. When they splutter add cut red chillies. Saute for few seconds.
3. Now add the chana dal and fry till golden brown.
4. Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves. Sprinkle very little water. Mix it well.
5. Cover and cook... - 43.4119
Pressure cook potatoes.
Peel outer skin & cut into large pieces.
Slit green chillies, wash & chop leaves.
Heat oil, add cunim seeds, chillies & then chopped onions.
When it turns golden, add leaves & fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, chilli... - 42.9879
Pressure cook potatoes, peel and cut/mash them.
Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Saute for a while and add onions and green chillies.
Saute till onions turn golden brown. Now add the methi leaves and saute for a few seconds.
Add tomatoes and... - 42.859
1 Cut the fenugreek leaves finely and wash them thoroughly.
2 In a pan, add the cut leaves along with water and bring to a boil
3 Gently squeeze the leaves, this will remove the bitterness.
4 In a blender jar, put the boiled leaves and process to... - 42.598
Appetising Methi Chawal (fenugreek Rice)
Boil the fenugreek in water for about 10 minutes.
Grind and keep aside.
Heat the oil and add the next 4 ingredients.
After a minute or so, add the onions and fry till pinkish.
Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
Add the turmeric, chillies,... - 42.2877
Baked Palak Methi Puri
These baked palak methi puris are nutritious and healthy and nutritious flat breads that can be served as a meal with a side. Prepared with a batter of millet flour, wheat flour and flavored with ginger and green chilis and fenugreek leaves, the baked palak... - 41.6875
Methi Macchli Gravy
Add fenugreek seeds and when pink, add 4 curry leaves.
Then add ground masala and fry well.
Add pomfret and salt and 2 cups hot water.
Simmer for 10 mins.
Add mangosteens and give one boil.
Remove from fire.
Add coriander leaves. - 41.31
Vegetables In Methi Curry
Boil 2 cups water with 1/2 tsp sugar.
Add carrots and peas.
Boil for 2 minutes till carrots are crisp tender.
Remove from water with a strainer.
Add 1/2 tsp sugar to the boiling water.
Add fenugreek and boil for 3-4 minutes till soft.
Strain fenugreek and... - 41.2889
1. Cut paneer into 1 1/2" cubes. Deep fry and keep aside.
2. Cut the potato into long fingers and deep fry.
3. Wash and grind methi leaves, palak and ginger together with a little water. Heat the ghee, add the ground mixture and fry for about 15 minutes, till... - 40.6779
1. Chop fenugreek leaves after removing root and part of stem attached to root.
2. Wash and apply 2 tsp. salt and keep aside for an hour.
3. Squeeze out water from the leaves and wash them thoroughly (3-4 washings).
4. Grind fenugreek leaves.
5. Heat fat (50... - 40.392
Paneer Palak Methi Rotis
For the dough
1. Mix the ingredients and knead into a dough. Add more curds if required to make the dough.
2. Divide into 6 portions and roll out into rotis.
3. Cook on a tawa (griddle) on both sides.
How to proceed
When you want to serve, sprinkle a little... - 40.2426
Paneer Methi Palak
1. Chop the spinach and fenugreek leaves finely.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of water and the soda bicarb and cook on a slow flame until soft.
3. When cooked, drain out the water and blend the leaves in a liquidiser.
4. Chop the ginger finely.
5. Heat the oil and fry... - 37.164
1. Wash, peel and quarter potatoes and place in cold water.
2. Heat fat. Brown chopped onions slightly. Clean and chop fenugreek leaves.
3. Add turmeric and fenugreek leaves and continue frying.
4. Add curds, chopped garlic, potatoes, salt and sufficient... - 36.8709
1) Heat oil in a deep pan and add jeera, methi seeds, cloves, cinnamon, mustard & asafoetida. Once they cracle and splutter, add green chillies and ginger.
2) After a few seconds, add the methi leaves (no need to chop ) & salt. Fry this for 5 mins. Now add... - 35.1113
1.Mix the gram flour in 1 1/2 cups of water.
2.Heat the oil in a tava and fry the onion for a while.
3.Add the methi, green chillies and asafoetida and fry again for a while.
4.Pour the gram flour mixture, add the chilli and turmeric powders and salt... - 33.1105
1. Marinate chicken pieces in Worchestershire sauce, salt, masalas and ginger-garlic paste for four hours.
2. Chop onions fine and saute in oil till golden brown. Add the chicken pieces along with the marinade and let it cook on a slow fire till the entire... - 33.0809
Heat ghee and oil together in a non stick pan. When hot, add hing, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, curry leaves and kasoori methi. Stir.
Now quickly add cubed potatoes, salt and other spices and mix together so that the potatoes are evenly coated with the... - 32.706
Methi Seeds Curry
First fry 1tsp of Sesame Seeds with adding Oil till it changes to brown.Then take a Mixy jar add coconut,dry red chillies,tamarind,jaggery,salt,water,roasted sesame seeds,haldi,mustard-pinch,roasted gram and grind coarsely.
take a Kaadai put oil... - 31.9129
Palak Methi Fry
Wash and chop Spinach finely.
Heat 2 tbs oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and turmeric powder. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add chopped tomato. Cover with lid until tomato turns tender. Add... - 29.723
Methi Recipes By Category