- » Mediterranean Vegetarian Appetizer
Mediterranean Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of mediterranean vegetarian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for mediterranean vegetarian appetizer recipes.
Grilled Eggplant Tomato And Cheese Summer Salad
Simple to make, lovely to view and easy to love, a miniature tower salad made of grilled adagio baby eggplants beefsteak tomatoes, and manchego cheese, dressed with a sherry vinaigrette is Chef Ned's newest creation for Windset Farms™. As beautiful it is... - 149.172
Simple Lentil Soup
For those looking for an appetizing easy soup, here is a simple and delicious lentil soup. This soup is so easy to prepare and shall surely be your favorite this winter. Gently spiced with just garlic, cumin and pepper, this soup is simply amazing. So warm... - 138.845
Mediterranean Spinach Pie
Spinach pies are found in almost every country along the Mediterranean but in various forms and names. This is just one of the versions of spinach pie that is very popular and can be served as a main dish or appetizer. This wonderful video for Mediterranean... - 131.646
Mediterranean Spiced Pumpkin Soup
This pumpkin soup combines the wonderful savory flavors of fall with the Mediterranean to warm you up on a cold day. It combines fresh ingredients with fragrant spices that go together to make this pumpkin soup so flavorful. It is wonderful when served with... - 131.379
Mediterranean Lentil Soup
Are you fond of lentil soup? Here is a very simple, flavorful Mediterranean Lentil soup video for you. This video is very well explained with great serving suggestions and information about this healthy. Try out this fantastic soup on a cold winter day and... - 130.937
Mediterranean Warm Vegetable Salad
Would you like to have some grilled vegetables? Here is a wonderful video that shows a great way to toss up your salad. The chef here speaks about the nutritional aspects of this unconventional salad that is truly impressive. Kick start your day with this... - 130.859
Mediterranean Fattoush Salad
For those of you who are fond of salads, here is an excellent video for Fattoush that is one of the staple Lebanese salads. The chef here also gives some great serving ideas for this flavorful and colorful vegetable salad with crispy pita bread or grilled... - 130.483
Vegetables Stuffed Grape Leaves
Lemony, flavorful and healthy vegetables stuffed grape leaves are a great source of satisfaction. This wonderful video explains this dish called Dolmades or Dolma or Dolmeh in a very efficient manner. If you have never tried fresh dolmades, now is the time to... - 127.547
As a kid, you might have hated the sight of beans. But after tasting this dish, you will be singing a different tume altogether. Chef Keith Snow presents a Middle Eastern delicacy called falafel using chickpeas or garbanzo beans and a gamut of flavorful... - 125.97
A hearty main dish salad with lots of crispy veggies, juicy tomatoes, and smoked tofu. Light but filling. Perfect for working off those excess winter pounds. - 124.992
Fattoush Salad (healthy Salad)
How to make fattoush salad at home in easy steps. Fattoush salad is a Mediterranean salad. Fattoush salad is low in calories and rich in vitamins and yet filling. - 124.101
Peach And Escarole Summer Salad
Summer is a time for fresh, light and refreshing foods that need no cooking! This magnificent peach and escarole salad dressed with a slightly sweet sherry vinaigrette and a scatter of toasted walnuts and salty goat cheese is like summer on a plate. It’s... - 122.284
Are you fond of learning different cuisines? If that’s your hobby then, teaching new recipes is the hobby of this chef. Watch the video as she teaches making quick healthy and delicious traditional Middle-eastern tabbouleh. - 121.459
1.In a large bowl, pour in the hot water.
2.Add the Near East Taboule Mix to the hot water. Mix it up and let it soak. This will take 20 minutes.
3.Clean and chop the parsley really fine.
4.Chop the tomatoes, garlic, and scallions finely.
5.Juice the... - 116.472
Would you like to surprise your friends with a quick and easy flavorful recipe? Here is a fantastic video that is just perfect for you. The chef here makes appetizers using hummus that are great for parties, get-togethers or any other occasion. The appetizers... - 113.398
Vegetable And Couscous Salad
Couscous is a healthy ingredient which must be a part of our meals. Here is a video showing couscous salad recipe, that is simple and has lots of vegetables along with couscous. - 110.241
Barley Almond Salad
Delicious food is a soulful treat when healthy and here is one such recipe. Check out David Hu showing how to make Mediterranean Barley Almond Salad using pearl barley, vegetables and roasted almonds. Ideal for potlucks or picnics! - 110.212
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Have you ever tried making a variation of hummus? Katherine demonstrated a delicious variation to your otherwise regular hummus. She adds in some roasted bell peppers and scallions. Besides being delicious, hummus has high nutritional value. Watch and learn! - 109.959
Apple And Walnut Salad
1. In a large bowl take orange juice, orange zest, honey and olive oil, whisk well.
2. Add in the apples and apricots to the dressing. Toss well, all the ingredients.
3. Stir in the walnuts and toss again.
4. Serve apple and walnut salad... - 106.407
Mediterranean Vegetable And Goat's Cheese Puff
Finding different and unique vegetarian recipes to please your guests during holiday parties can be quite a task. This recipe of Mediterranean Roasted vegetables and goat’s cheese puffs is a show-stopping vegetarian one that will dazzle your... - 105.264
Easy And Delicious Hummus
Delicious dips make appetizer and snack eating experience a totally indulging event. Here is a recipe by chef Rula to make Hummus dip that is nutritious with most of the nutrition coming from chickpeas. Goes well with kebabs and is good as an appetizer on its... - 104.22
Arabian Lentil Soup
Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, just to soften. Do not brown.
Add cumin and coriander. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Add... - 101.737
Vegetarian Potato Kibbeh
1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bulgur, 2 tablespoon flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and kibbeh seasoning.
2. Knead the mixture, mashing the potatoes and combining the ingredients into dough. Use your fist to mash and knead. If the dough... - 100.477
Beet Spread With Tahini, Garlic And Lemon
What type of appetizers do you prefer- healthy ones or not so healthy ones? Here is a video which shows how a healthy but yummy appetizer can be made with beet and tahini sauce. Watch the video and see the instructions given by the chef for better... - 98.7077
Classic Caesar Salad
Here's a video for the ever popular Caesar Salad. A video which is non English but with English sub titles. So don't fret, you could still watch the video to know how to make this healthy and crunchy yummy Caesar salad! - 94.9707
Summer Watermelon, Feta And Cashew Nut Salad
This dish captures what we love most about spring and summer – fresh, light and colorful flavors. This salad is summer in a bowl! Chef John combines sweet juicy watermelon with salty feta and crunchy toasted cashews, to make a really light healthy and... - 94.7511
Goat Cheese Crostini With Lavender And Honey
A fast, fresh and fancy appetizer of baguette slices topped with farm-fresh goat’s cheese mixed with lavender and honey. The mixture of sweet and salty flavors are a treat for your taste buds and the gorgeous fragrance of lavender tantalize your senses!... - 90.013
Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
There are some ingredients that create magic when paired together, like tomato and basil. This soup is an all time, all year favorite. Can be served hot or cold and makes a delicious meal with crusty bread. - 85.7113
Sweet Red Pepper Soup
1.Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180 degrees.
2.Take an ovenproof dish, put the peppers in it and bake for 15- 20 minutes.
3.Keep turning the peppers to avoid burning.
4.Allow them to cool.
5.Remove the skin and chop the flesh in small... - 50.5933
Tasty Eggplant Dip
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) On a baking pan or dish place the eggplant. With a knife, pierce it a few times.
3) Bake for about 30 minutes until soft.
4) Take off from oven and let cool.
5) Gently peel out the skin once cooled... - 50.1189
Green Salad With Lemon And Fennel
1) With a vegetable peeler, bring out the lemon zest in long strips. Slice the zest in thin strips along the length. Store inside a plastic wrap to keep fresh and moist.
2) Trim off and discard the green stalks of the fennel. Remove the cores... - 49.7967
Salad Of Mixed Greens And Herbs With Oranges
1) With a sharp knife, peel off the skin of the oranges. Carefully remove all the bitter white pith.
2) Working over a bowl, separate the sections, by cutting in between the membranes.
3) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard and vinegars to... - 49.7922
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a large pot add stock or water and bring to boil.
3) Mix rice and salt.
4) Decrease heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 45 minutes..
5) Cook until the water evaporates.
6) With a... - 49.4122
1.Take a large saucepan, heat oil in it and fry the onions and garlic together for 4-5 minutes, until onion turns tender.
2.Stir in spinach and stir fry it for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
3.Add fruit juices along with ginger and coriander.
4.Boil the... - 49.3101
Cauliflower And Coriander Soup
1.Take a bowl, put barley and yellow split peas in it.
2.Add enough hot water to cover the peas and leave for an hour.
3.Drain, once done.
4.In a large saucepan, heat oil and fry onions in it until tender.
5.Stir in ginger, turmeric,... - 49.0959
1) In a medium bowl, place bulgur and add hot water.
2) Let it stand for 1 hour before draining.
3) Add vinegar and next 6 ingredients. Stir well
4) Cover with lid and place inside refrigerator to chill.
5) At the time of serving, add... - 48.8938
Cold Cucumber And Yogurt Soup
1. Pare the cucumber and cut lengthwise into half.
2. De-seed and chop roughly. Add to a bowl.
3. Sprinkle cucumber with salt and set aside for a couple of hours.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, add the cucumber.
5. Pulse to... - 48.8011
This is a very popular Middle Eastern dip. Served usually with pita breads. Hummus has got high content of iron and vitamin C. It can be served as a vegan diet and serves as a complete protein when eaten with bread. - 48.7858
Rice And Brown Lentil Soup
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seed and wait till they begin to splutter.
3. Add the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Further add... - 48.6127
1 Take a soup kettle, add the 5 cups of water or stock.
2.Steam the onions,potatoes and zucchini
3.Potatoes are ready once they can be pierced with a knife
4.Use a blender or processor,and puree the soup with just enough water from steaming vegetables... - 48.3451
Curried Avocado Soup
1.Take a large kettle,and add oil.
2.Saute onion till soft
3.Sprinkle curry powder and add water
4.Now let soup simmer for 5 minutes
5 Add milk
6.Take avocado and remove the pith. Puree it in a blender
7 Mix the puree into the soup, and add lemon... - 48.2566
1.Take a large saucepan and heat oil in it.
2.Stir the fennel and cook it for 10- 15 minutes until it turns soft.
3.Stir in cashew nuts, milk and stock and let the mixture boil.
4.Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
5.Allow the mixture to... - 47.8913
1) Preheat the oven to 225°F.
2) Place pita bread on flat pan, and leave in the oven for 2 hours, turning once or twice.
3) Take the pita bread out of the oven.
4) Allow to cool and cut into fairly large pieces.
5) In a salad bowl.... - 47.5985
1.Slice the top of each tomato and scoop out the seeds.
2.Blend together avocado, quark, lemon juice, garlic and basil.
3.Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
4.Fill the tomatoes with blended mixture.
5.Toss watercress, lamb's lettuce and... - 47.5182
Savory Tomato Rice Soup With Herbed Yogurt
1.Take a large kettle,add olive oil and warm it
2.Add the orange peel,onion and garlic.saute till onions are soft
3 Sprinkle the herbs and cumin.Add the cayenne.
4.Cook till cumin is fragrant,about 5 minutes
5.Add tomatoes,tomatoe puree,water and... - 47.4887
Honeydew And Strawberry Salad With Cooled Cucumber Dressing
1. Line 4 salad plates with shredded lettuce.
2. Halve the melon lengthwise and then slice each half into half to get 4 equal slices.
3. Remove the seeds and fibers and thinly slice off the skin.
4. Dice the melon slices into 1-inch pieces.
5.... - 47.3096
1. Cut garlic in slivers.
2. Slice zucchini and bell peppers in long, thin strips.
3. Cut larger carrots into quarters or leave whole if really size of a carrot is small.
4. Take a skillet and in the skillet, sautÃ© garlic in oil slowly, along with... - 47.2252
Cold Cheese Souffle
1) In abowl, add Gelozone with cold water and prepare a smooth paste.
2) Pour in remaining water.
3) Place over heat and boil for a minute.
4) Allow cooling in a bowl.
5) In a bowl, combine Maggi and vinegar. Whisk until frothy and... - 47.187
Goat Cheese With Walnuts In Warm Oil And Vinegar Dressing
1. To make the dressing, in a small heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients and whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
2. Place the pan on a low flame on stove or over the barbecue coals and heat until warmed through, whisking occasionally.
3.... - 47.1169
1) Slice orange peel to resemble matchsticks.
2) In a covered pan, over low heat, heat oil and sauté onion and carrot in it for 10 minutes with lemon rind, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
3) Stir in tomatoes and water and boil for 10 minutes... - 47.0774
1) Preheat oven to 150°C before baking.
2) Bake whole aubergines for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
3) Let cool and then split.
4) Into a bowl, using a wooden spoon, hollow out pulp and then through a coarse wire sieve, rub the black... - 46.8689
Bean Stuffed Vine Leaves
1) In a food processor, chop the beans and carrot.
2) To this, add the tomato puree, paprika, thyme and 4 tablespoons of water.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Now, process this mixture to a granular paste.
5) Into a large ovenproof bowl, transfer... - 46.8645
1.Take a large saucepan, heat oil in it.
2.Add spring onions and fry for 3 minutes.
3.Stir in Chinese leaves and lettuce and cook after covering for 5-8 minutes.
4.Put the mixture in liquidizer and add milk and yogurt to it.
5.Liquidise to make it... - 46.7732
How To Make A Spinach Pie
This pie is a great vegetarian meal! Serve it with garden salad and you are set! If you don’t want to eat vegetarian go ahead and serve it a side with milanesas or breaded chicken. Yummy! - 46.7199
Lentil Soup With Rice And Apricots
1.Take a soup kettle, and heat oil in it.
2.Add the garlic and saute.
3.Toss in the onion,and saute till transparent
3.Add the rice and the pepper.Saute for a few minutes.
4.Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Cook on low heat, for upto... - 46.6479
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables With Bean Mash
1. In a sauce pan, combine the beans with the garlic and stock.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
3. Once cooked take the pan off the heat and mash the... - 46.5766
Turkish Vegetable Kebabs With Spicy Garbanzo Bean Sauce
1. In a small heavy skillet, heat the olive oil
2. Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes until limp and golden brown.
3. Take pan off the heat and let cool slightly.
4. To prepare the sauce, in a food processor or liquidizer jar,... - 46.526
Courgette And Halloumi Kebabs With Thyme And Lemon Marinade
1. Halve and thickly slice the courgettes
2. Cut the onion into wedges and separate.
3. On 8 pre soaked wooden skewers, thread the halloumi, tomatoes, courgettes and onions onto 8 pre-soaked skewers.
4. Place on a platter and cover with... - 46.4723
Stuffed Tomato Salads
1) Trim the fennel and finely chop about 1 tablespoon of the leaves. Keep the remaining fennel leaves aside for garnishing.
2) Cut the bulb of the fennel into eights and then slice them thinly.
3) Peel the cucumber and cut it lengthwise in quarters.... - 46.1802
Mediterranean Spring Salad
1.In a pan, boil salted water and put potatoes in it allowing them to cook for 25 minutes.
2.Once the potatoes are soft and cooked, strain and allow the to cool by keeping aside.
3.Remove the potato skin and make thn slices of potatoes.
4.In a shallow... - 46.1756
Roasted Tomato And Pepper Salad
1. Preheat an oven to 200C (400F).
2. On a large baking tray, place tomatoes and peppers and roast in middle rack of pre heated oven for 20 minutes. Ensure that you keep turning the vegetables for even roasting on all sides.
3. Remove tomatoes... - 45.9309
1) Drain the chickpeas.
2) In a saucepan, combine chickpeas with water and bring to a boil.
3) Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until very tender.
4) Drain the chickpeas.
5) Puree the chickpeas in food mill or food... - 45.8221
Tangerine Flower Salad
1) Using a sharp pointed knife cut through the peel beginning at blossom end of each tangerine and make 4 shallow cuts.
2) Cut up until the stem end.
3) Pull the back skin in 4 sections.
4) Peel skin back to make a case resembling petals of a... - 45.8139
Grape Leaf Packages With Soft Cheese And Almonds
1. Soak the grape leaves in water to remove saltiness, if mentioned on the package.
2. Drain them and pat dry on paper toweling.
3. In a small skillet melt the butter.
4. Add the slivered almonds, and sautÃ© them for 2-3 minutes... - 45.4676
Grilled Mediterranean Veg With Bean Mash
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a grill pan, arrange the vegetables and brush lightly with oil.
3) Grill until the vegetables are lightly browned, turn, brush again with oil and grill until tender.
4) In a small pan, add the beans, garlic... - 45.1092
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Oil a baking sheet.
3) Make cut on each eggplant on the cut side,
sprinkle some salt and rest it for 1 hour,
later give a quick wash and dry it using paper towels.
... - 44.9544
Avocado Cream Cheese
1) Use a wire strainer to press cottage cheese. In a large bowl, the cheese should be kneaded smoothly.
2) Fold in cream, chopped egg, onion and mayonnaise. Blend together.
3) With the silver or plastic spoon, scrape out the pale green flesh... - 44.9041
1) Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
2) Add into a blender and puree to a fine paste.
3) Transfer the chickpeas puree into a bowl. Add in the chopped onions and breadcrumbs.
4) Add in 2 tablespoons of water.
5) Next, go in the parsley, cumin powder,... - 44.2147
Roasted Peppers With Capers
1.Preheat the broiler.
2. Take baking sheets lined with heavy duty foil. Place peppers on the sheets and broil them after placing sheet about 3 inches from heat.
3.Keep turning peppers to ensure that peppers are charred in all sides.... - 43.9504
Quinoa Lentil And Feta Salad
1. In a large pan of boiling water cook the quinoa for 10-15 minutes such that tender, drain well and thereafter set aside to cool.
2. In a small pan, heat the oil, cooking the shallot or onion for a few minutes such that softened.
3. Put in the... - 43.334
Goat's Cheese Salad
1) In a serving bowl, put the sliced cheese
2) Sprinkle little black pepper over it.
3) Chop the celery.
4) Beat 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp vinegar together and pour over cheese.
5) In the bowl, add celery and nuts.
6) Toss everyting... - 43.3061
This Puree Leontine Soup is enriched with the goodness of greens and herbs. Make the most of it! - 43.1173
French Onion Soup
Cover and cook onion in margarine in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Add beef broth, water, bay leaf, pepper and thyme.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Set oven control to broil... - 43.1032
Carrot Orange Salad
1. In a serving bowl, mix the carrots, can of unsweetened mandarin orange, and celery(optional).
2. In another bowl, make the sauce by adding the fruit juice, honey, orange juice and lemon juice.
3.Mix the sauce into the carrot and celery. Cover and... - 43.0208
Avocado And Orange Salad
1. Soak lettuce in ice-chilled water for 20 minutes.
2. Halve the avocados lengthwise remove stone and then pare with a sharp paring knife.
3. Slice them crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Immediately place in a bowl and sprinkle... - 42.3202
Orange And Olive Platter
1) With the help of a sharp knife, cut in a spiral motion to remove the rind and pith for the oranges. Cut the flesh across into neat slices.
2) On a shallow serving plate, arrange the lettuce neatly and then carefully arrange the orange slices in 2... - 42.1136
Lettuce And Mushroom Salad
1.Take a metal strainer and put the mushrooms in it.
2.Cast the strainer in water and take it out immediately.
3.Rinse the mushrooms under cold running water.
4.Drain and refrigerate until chilled.
5.Scatter the lettuce leaves and rinse them... - 42.009
Zucchini Salad Bowls
1) Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters and then cut the quarters further into ½-inch slices.
2) In a bowl, put the zucchini slices along with the red pepper, capers and parsley. Mix well together with the help of a metal spoon. Ensure that the... - 41.9454
Tomato And Lettuce Salad
1.Scatter the leaves of lettuce and rinse them well.
2.Put the lettuce in a bowl containing ice cold water for 30 minutes.
3.Once done, drain and wipe with a kitchen towel.
4.Cut the leaves in bite sized pieces.
5.In a salad bowl, mix... - 41.8567
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash Zucchini well.
3. Chop the ends.
4. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook zucchini for 7 minutes.
5. Remove zucchini from water and lengthwise cut into half.
6. Using a spoon, scrape... - 41.0996
1. In a pot bring together chopped vegetables, 750 ml of water, tomato puree and seasoning to the boil and let it simmer until vegetables are tender.
2. Add a knob of lard or butter, then pasta and keep simmering until the pasta is done.
3.... - 40.8141
Moroccan Orange Salad
1) Peel the oranges. Remove the pith and slice across the width.
2) In a salad bowl, place the orange slices.
3) Add dates and almonds.
4) Flavor with lemon juice and sugar.
5) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
6) Lightly... - 40.4823
Tasty French Onion Soup
1) In a 3-quart casserole, cook the onion and butter in the microwave for 7 to 9 minutes or until the onion is soft.
2) Stir in the beef broth, water and Worcestershire sauce. Then cover and cook in the microwave for 5 to 7 minutes, until boiling.
3)... - 40.4735
Turkish Cucumber Salad Cacik
Slice cucumber quarters 1/8" thick and drain on paper toweling.
Beat dressing ingredients until creamy, add cucumbers, and toss well to mix.
Cover and chill several hours.
Toss again, serve in small bowls or, if you prefer, crisp lettuce cups. - 40.2084
Red Pepper Soup With Lime
1. Cook the onion and peppers gently in the oil in a covered saucepan for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, then add the chilli with the tomato puree. Stir in half the stock, then bring to the boil. Cover... - 40.048
Spicy Tomato And Lentil Soup
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and cook the chopped onion gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cumin, followed by the tomatoes and lentils. Cook over a low heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in... - 39.8668
Warm Mediterranean Eggplant Dip With Herbed Pita Crisps
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Spread the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil on top. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then chop finely and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, using a sharp... - 39.8206
Orange And Celery Salad
1. Dice beans, onion and celery sticks.
2. Grate carrot.
3. Peel and separate orange segments.
4. In a medium bowl, put together all ingredients except orange; toss gently to mix with dressing.
5. In a square plate, serve salad... - 39.1703
Olive Rosemary Crostini
1. In a small skillet in oil over low heat saute 2 cloves garlic.
2. Under hot broiler Toast bread slices on both sides.
3. Using a pastry brush, with garlic oil dab charred bread and in a small bowl, place rest of oil with chopped olives.
4. On a... - 38.8694
Tossed Fattoush Salad
Fattoush in Arabic means "moistened bread", and this salad consists of a chilled mixed veggies tossed with small cubes of toasted bread. The texture of the toasted bread adds an unusual quality.
This is the classic Mediterranean recipe in the style of Syria... - 38.6642
Lemony Stuffed Courgettes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Halve the courgettes lengthways and use a teaspoon to scoop out the centres. Blanch the shells in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain well.
2. Chop the courgette flesh finely and place in a saucepan with the oil... - 38.3336
Cold Vegetable Terrine
Cold Vegetable Terrine has a Delectable taste.The Mushroom and Cream gives the Cold Vegetable Terrine Delectable taste. Must catch it - 38.1124
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
2.Roll the pastry out and cut it into four rectangles; with a sharp knife, score a centimeterlong edge on each rectangle carefully and place it on the baking sheet
3. Spread a tablespoon of... - 38.0643
Gourmet Style Fennel Soup
Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, without browning.
Stir in the fennel, then add the bouquet garni, stock and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very... - 38.012
Smothered Potatoes With Fennel
1. In a saucepan place both sliced potatoes and the onions, add the finely chopped garlic and sprinkle the fennel seed.
2. With two tablespoons of oil add a cupful of stock together and season with salt and pepper.
3. Covering with a lid, cook over a... - 36.1563
Sweet Onion Salad
1) Arrange equal portions of onion and tomato slices in a decorative way on two dinner plates.
2) Sprinkle oil, then vinegar on each of the arranged vegetable slices.
3) Scatter basil, then cheese over the salad and serve with french bread - 36.1547
Mediterranean Tomato Soup
1. Place the tomatoes, onion, celery and garlic in a pan with the oil. Cover and cook over a low heat for 40-45 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until very soft.
2. Spoon the vegetables into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Press... - 36.0887
Spinach And Feta Pita
"This is great as a party appetizer or a full meal. Tasty, full of flavor AND good for you. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! - 35.6143