- » Matelote
Enjoy our collection of Matelote recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Matelote recipes.
Boil the wine, to which you have added the bunch of mixed herbs, and the garlic, shallot and onion, chopped; reduce it by evaporation in boiling for 20 minutes over a gentle heat.
Melt 4 tablespoonfuls of butter, and stir in the flour to make a roux.
Stir in... - 26.3628
Dry halibut steaks with absorbent paper; place in skillet.
Add carrot, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and wine; bring to a boil.
Bring brandy to a boil in small saucepan; ignite.
Pour brandy over halibut.
Cover pan when flame dies; simmer halibut for 20... - 43.7402
Angler Stew With Matelote Sauce
– In a skillet, melt butter and saute angler with pearl onions, mushrooms, leek, and carrots over medium heat for 3 minutes.
– Add flour and cook for
3 minutes, stirring constantly.
– Add water, wine and lemon juice and let mixture thicken, then... - 34.7615
Cut the fish into serving pieces, and place them in a heavy pot with a tight lid.
Add the onions, parsley, mushrooms, thyme, pepper, salt, and spice, and almost cover with the wine.
Bring to a heavy simmer, and cook, covered, for 15 to 25 minutes, or just... - 39.45
Put the mussels into a large frying pan.
Pour in the court bouillon and bring to a boil, shaking the pan occasionally.
Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Lift out the mussels, discarding any that have not opened, and keep warm.
Strain and reserve the... - 42.8966
1. Prepare fish stock with the fish heads, vegetables, pepper, bay leaf, parsley and chicken stock.
2. Strain, measure and reserve 1 cup of stock.
3. Wash all fish thoroughly and pat dry.
4. Rub fish with lime juice and salt.
5. Heat... - 44.7151
Matelote A L'alsacienne
1. Put the carrots, leeks and onions in a large pan with the water, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Strain the liquid into a clean pan, add the wine and bring to... - 42.4308