- » Masoor Dal Onion
Masoor Dal Onion Recipes
Enjoy our collection of masoor dal onion recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for masoor dal onion recipes.
Masoor Ki Dal Lentil Soup & Rice Dinner
How about a Indian dinner which is both tasty and healthy? Try simple to make Masoor dal and stir fry cabbage, serve with rice & tortilla. Yummy recipe from the kitchen of US chef Bhal Dave. He impresses with his exquisite style of making it to perfection. - 72.6099
Indian Masoor Dal Fry
Very simple and easy to make and very very healthy dish. A perfect comfort food tastes heavenly with plane boiled rice. Kids just love its nice thick and creamy texture! - 108.601
Indian Dal Makhani
A nice blend of Masoor Dal and Rajma! A spicy dal with a generous touch of butter and cream. Perfect party menu! - 108.027
Raw Banana And Pink Masoor Dal Gravy
• Wash the dal twice and place in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water. Add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric and chilli powders and the fresh coriander and salt. Cover and cook till the dal is tender and then pass it... - 31.9311
Grind chillies, coconut, cumin and coriander seeds to a fine paste.
Wash and soak dal in 6 cups of water for 2 hours.
Heat 1 tblsp oil and fry onion and garlic till soft, put in the ground paste and fry for 5 minutes.
Add salt, turmeric powder and dal along... - 43.3144
Masoor Dal Fry
1. Wash and rinse the masoor dal (skinless brown lentil) several times, until the rinsed water is clear. Set this aside.
2. Wash, rinse and chop all the vegetables (shredded carrots are used).
3. Heat the pressure cooker on a medium... - 0
Masoor Dal With Spinach By Tarla Dalal
The unbeatable combination of masoor dal with spinach nourishes your body with protein, iron and folic acid. Tomatoes and amchur powder lend a nice tangy flavor to the dal. Needless to add, this is a super-healthy recipe as protein-rich dals are an... - 0
Here is a rich curry, which can be prepared in minutes! Check out Masoor dal. A very common dish in Indian households, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This is served with cooked rice. Add a vegetable dish to it and you get a complete meal. - 113.425
Spicy Masoor Dal Khichdi
1. Wash rice and the lentil together and keep aside.
2. Grind cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns to a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add the sliced onions and green chilies. Fry till the onion turns... - 0
Masoor Dal Khichdi With Vegetables
1. Rinse the rice and masoor dhal well and leave them in a bowl of water to soak.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized heavy-based saucepan and fry the curry leaves and mustard and onion seeds with the onion for about 2 minutes.
3. Lower the heat and add the... - 34.7953
Rinse and drain lentils, discarding any foreign matter.
Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until golden. Stir in curry powder, onion salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Saute briefly. Add lentils and 4 1/2 cups of the... - 36.5248
Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
Heat the ghee in a pan and add the... - 38.2399
Home Style Veg Masoor Dal
I doubt, if there can be any better accompaniment for plain rice than this Home Style Veg Masoor Dal! Yeah, taken from my mom's cookbook and with my own improvizations, this Home Style Veg Masoor Dal has been winning the love of my family and friends for... - 50.7342
Whole Masoor Dal Khichdi
Wash the rice and lentils together, drain them into a sieve and then set aside.
Melt the ghee in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onions, onion seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
Lower the heat and add the remaining spices.
Next, add... - 41.1426
Indian Dal Kanda
Nice variation to regular dal. Very easy and gets ready in just 10 to 15 mts. Tastes super delicious! - 107.922
1)Clean and wash the dal.
2)In a deep saucepan, add dal and water, turmeric and salt. Cover and cook it on medium heat for 30 minutes.
3)In a bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix water and make soft dough.
4)Divide the dough into 8... - 48.594
Whole Masoor Dal (low Cholesterol) By Tarla Dalal
Using whole masoor instead of the dal helps retain more fibre you your food. This protein and fibre-rich dal also features a spiky spice paste, which makes it very attractive to the desi palate! The Whole Masoor Dal is ideal for those with high cholesterol as... - 0
Masala Masoor Dal- Zero Oil- By Tarla Dalal
Masoor, a very nutritious lentil, is also very pleasing to the palate. Cooked in well-chosen spices, this dal is not only tasty and zero-oil but also brims with protein, iron and folic acid. It goes well with cooked rice. Soaking masoor dal overnight not only... - 0
Masoor Dal With Rice
1. Cook the rice. Cool and keep aside.
2. Cook the dal in a pressure cooker. Add 2 1/2 teacups of water to the cooked dal and beat well.
3. Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds for a while.
4. Add the onion slices and green chillies and cook for a while.
5.... - 41.0398
Masoor Dal Sabji Wali
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils, garlic, turmeric, and salt.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are almost cooked.
Stir in all the vegetables, cover, and continue cooking... - 48.3888
Masoor Or Arhar Dal With Vegetables
Clean and wash dal.
Put dal in 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot with 6 cups water and bring to boil.
If there is any scum, remove it with a spoon.
Add the turmeric and parsley and cover.
Lower heat and simmer gently until tender, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring every... - 47.0125
Hariyali Dal (multi Nutrient Pregnancy Recipe) By Tarla Dalal
A tasty dal, made with masoor dal and greens. Spinach and fenugreek leaves are a good source of vitamin A, iron, and calcium. All dals are rich sources of protein and energy. Masoor dal is easier to digest than arhar dal. It is therefore a better choice for... - 0
Masoor Dhal has a lovely taste. Masoor Dhal gets its taste from lentils mixed in garam masala and flavored with spices - 39.724
Garlicky Lentil And Tomato Soup (low Calorie) By Tarla Dalal
This unusual soup has been prepared from masoor dal, which is known for being rich in protein and zinc. Tomatoes give it a lovely red tinge whereas onions and garlic impart an enticing aroma. I’ve blended this soup to give it a nice creamy texture without... - 0
Masoor Dhal With Vegetables
Wash the masoor dhaal thoroughly before boiling it in unsalted water until soft but not mushy.
Drain and set aside.
In a karahi or a deep frying pan (with a lid) heat the oil and sprinkle in the onion seeds and curry leaves.
After 10 seconds, add the onions... - 43.1855
Swadisht Masoor Ki Daal (delicious Red Lentils)
Masoor ki Dal is one of the easiest and healthy dals, you can make in your busy schedule. You don’t need any vegetables along with this dal, you can simply have dal and rice for lunch. - 0
Masoor Ma Gosht Murghi Or Geeb
Heat fat in a pan and fry onions till pale brown.
Add ground spices and dhan sakh masala powder and saute for a few minutes.
Add meat, saute till brown and cook with one cup water till half done.
Add dal and more water if required and simmer till dal and meat... - 42.7849
Dal With Spinach
1. Cook the dal in 3 teacups of water.
2. Heat the oil, add the onion and cumin seeds and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the cooked dal, the spinach, amchur powder, tomato, turmeric powder, paste and salt and boil for 5 minutes. - 33.3635
Pureed Vegetables With Dal
Wash dais and drain.
Place all ingredients except garnish in a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 15 minutes.
Cool and pour into a colander.
Mash till smooth.
Garnish with fried onion and serve hot with brown rice. - 40.6606
1) Pound whole spices coarsely.
2) Make a ginger and one onion paste.
3) Fry the other onion until crisp and golden. Keep aside.
4) Par-cook the rice and the dals in separate containers. Strain and keep aside.
5) In a pan, heat ghee and... - 49.3967
A classic Indian dish, the Dal fry recipe is a highly nutritious delicacy that goes with any of the Indian breads. Simple and great tasting is all that can be said about this excellent dish. - 49.691
Wash all the five dals and cook them in salted boiling water or in pressure cooker.
Dal should be quite thick.
Heal oil in a pan and fry onion till light brown.
Add ground masala and cook for five minutes, sprinkling water if necessary.
When ghee comes on... - 42.9463
Dhan-saak Dal (protein-rich And Low-cal ) By Tarla Dalal
A traditional Parsi dish usually prepared on Sundays for a family meal. As the name says, dhan-saak is an interesting combination of dals (dhan) and vegetables (saak) perked with loads of spices to make it a mouth-watering dish. Being cooked only with 1... - 0
Special Mixed Dal
1 Pick, and wash all the dals.
2 In a bowl, soak all the dals overnight.
3 Remove their husk.
4 In a pan, boil water.
5 Add in the dals, white cuminseeds, salt, asafoetida and ginger.
6 Cook until tender.
7 Stir in the curd,... - 46.0515
A masoor dal preparation with an abundant flavour of methi leaves - 27.6418
Hariyali daal is a an indian prepartion of lentils cooked in water with spices and vegetables. The hariyali daal is prepared with split red lentils, greens of choice, tomatoes, and flavored with fenugreek, cumn, turmeric, chilies and ginger.This is a special... - 36.2984
My friend, who is a professional chef at Oberoi Hotel, gave me this Dal Tadka recipe. I like this healthy Dal Tadka recipe very much. Dal Tadka is a very common dish in the India. It is a good source of high protein. It is primarily eaten during Lunch. Dal... - 54.923
Khandeshi Dal By Tarla Dalal
Organize an outdoor lunch-dish up hot bajra rotis and serve with khandeshi dal-they make an amazing pair. Moong, masoor, toovar and urad dals are cooked with a spicy paste made of onions, dry coconut, chillies, pepper and more. A fiery tadka adds deeper... - 0
Biwi Ki Dal
A healthy mix of lentils in homemade tomato puree and Indian spices! If there is one effortless way to your man’s heart (provided he loves dal) then that has to be this. Yes, this recipe gives our very own ma kid al (dal makhini) a healthy makeover with no... - 0
Malka Dal Soup
Malka Dal Soup is easy to cook. The Chilli sause and lime gives the Malka Dal Soup a strong taste. - 37.6909
Mixed Dal Fry
1 In a large bowl, combine all the dals (lentils) and rinse them well.
2 Allow to soak in water overnight.
3 Rinse the soaked dals, and drain well.
4 Transfer to a pressure cooker and add in enough water to cook.
5 Pressure cook... - 46.2942
I made a video to demo my simple dal..I think I'm really beginning to enjoy filming these home videos...might have something to do with having a LOT of time on hand:)) - 40.5734
1 Mix and wash thoroughly all Dals (lentils). Soak for 15 minutes. Cook slowly in medium heat until half done.
2 Heat ½ of ghee and fry onions. Add all of the spices until onions are fried until light golden brown.
3 Add the onion and mixture to Dals... - 41.4147
Moong Dal Sambar
This Sambaar is a very good combination for idly, dosa and chapatti and puri. The same method can be done with masoor dal also. You can add any vegetables of your choice too like carrot, beans, cabbage. - 45.9231
Green Lentil Dal
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When the oil gets heated, add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while, until it starts to brown.
3) Mix in the cloves and broken cinnamon stick and cook further for a minute.
4) Now add the... - 45.6959
If you are vegan or vegetarian and looking for a protein rich dish, try this dal tadka recipe. It’s simple and easy to make and its spicy and flavorful. The split red and yellow lentils used are easy to cook in a saucepan. And the star of the recipe here is... - 122.662
Colocasia Leaf Dal Parsi Style
Wash the masoor dal twice and place it in a pressure cooker along with water, salt, ginger-garlic paste and the turmeric powder.
Chop the pumpkin and the brinjals and add them to the dal. Wash the colocasia leaves, chop them finely and add to the dal and cook... - 30.1271
1 Pick and wash the dal.
2 In a pan, put the dal with turmeric, salt and water.
3 Cook until tender.
4 In a frying pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the whole black cuminseeds, chopped onion and ginger, fry briefly.
6 Stir into the dal.
7 ... - 43.2723
A popular moderately spiced north indian dal, consisting of a tasty combination of masoor dal and yellow moong dal. Dal fry has a good mouth feel of soft dal pieces and goes great with any paratha or roti. Quick and easy to make. - 0
1 Pick and wash all the dals well.
2 In a large pan, boil enough water and add in the dals along with turmeric.
3 Cook until partially tender.
4 In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee.
5 Add in asafetida and cook until light brown.
6... - 46.4114
1) In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When the oil is hot, add the onions, bay leaves, peppercorns, and cinnamon sticks and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Adjust the heat to medium-high, add the oxtail sections, and cook, mixing all... - 46.2885
Bapaiji Imi Dhansakh Nidar ( Traditional Parsi Dal )
1. Clean the drumsticks, cut each into 3 to 4 pieces and boil in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Wash the dal and soak it in water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash and chop the spring onions, chillies, methi bhaji, brinjal, pumpkin and radish leaves.
4. Wash... - 38.5139
Masala Dal With Drumsticks And Raw Mangoes
Wash the dal twice and place in a pressure cooker along with the red pumpkin, brinjal, radish leaves, green chillis, spring onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and plenty of water. Cook till tender. Then grind in a moulee legume till soft and... - 33.3941
Dal Stuffed Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd contains a hypoGlycemic or insulin like property also known as plant insulin which is highly beneficial in lowering the blood sugar levels. - 44.9606
Spicy Mixed Dal By Tarla Dalal
With five protein-rich dals, this spicy mixed dal version combines curds and traditional spices to give a tangy, spicy, delectable accompaniment for parathas and rotis. This dal can be prepared easily and quickly, but remember to soak them together for an... - 0
Indian Red Lentil
Are you in search of a healthy and protein rich recipe? This video might just come handy. Watch the chef stir up this easy to make Indian Red Lentil. The dish is ideal to be served with bread or rice and makes an impressive side dish. Do give it a try. - 131.367
1. Wash the masoor dhaal and toor dhaal thoroughly. Put them in a heavy-based saucepan, pour in 600 ml (1 pint) of the water and cook over a medium heat, partially covered, for 10-15 minutes until soft. Place a wooden spoon in the pan to stop the mixture... - 37.15
Khichree is very healthy and easy to cook Dish. The garam masala with malka dal maked the Khichree a very nutritious dish. - 39.7165
Green Mango Dhal
Wash, peel and roughly slice the mangoes, discarding the stone in the middle.
Put the mango slices in a bowl, cover and set aside.
Wash and inspect the lentils for any stones etc.
Boil the lentils in plenty of lightly salted water until soft but not mushy,... - 47.1119
Lentil And Spinach Soup
1. Mix the spinach, onions, tomatoes, masoor dal and garlic.
2. Add 7 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. When cooked, blend in a mixer. Strain.
3. Heat the milk and add to the soup.
4. Add the chilli powder and salt. - 33.9652
Indian Lentil Soup
1. Heat the oil and fry the onions for 1 minute. Add the garlic and chilli powder and fry again for 1/2 minute.
2. Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes, masoor dal and salt and cook in a pressure cooker till the first whistle.
3. When cooked, blend in a... - 36.2251
Bombay Curry Soup
Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
Add the crushed garlic, chilli and curry powders. Fry again until it gives a nice aroma.
Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes and the washed masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker.
When cooked,... - 36.1147
Pluck spinach leaves and wash thoroughly.
Place all ingredients except ghee in a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
Heat ghee and pour over spinach.
Serve hot with roti. - 38.6609
Pressure Cooked Vegetable Soup
1. Cook masoor dal in a little butter, add vegetables, salt, pepper and 4 cups water and cook in a pressure cooker.
3. Add chopped vegetables and pepper, cook and serve piping hot - 29.4679
Tarkari Ni Khichdi
1. Fry the chopped onions, carraway seeds, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves in two serving spoons of ghee and when lightly done add the washed rice and dal, turmeric and salt. Cover with sufficient water so that the grains are completely cooked. When... - 24.0731
Kismis Khima Na Pattice
1. Wash the potatoes and boil them in the pressure cooker till soft. When cooked, drain the water, peel and mash well till soft and fluffy. Mix in a little salt, black pepper and chopped coriander about 1/4 teaspoon or so. Roll into a ball and set aside.
2.... - 35.8092
Soak dal in water for a couple of hours, drain out the water and set aside.
Heat 1 tblsp oil and fry onion, ginger and chillies till soft.
Put in the rest of the ingredients with the exception of coconut.
Mix well add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
Cover tightly... - 38.3784
1. Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a pressure cooker, add half the onions and saute till golden brown.
2. Add the soaked dais along with 2 cups of water and salt and cook till soft.
3. Cool and blend in a mixer.
4. In the pressure cooker, add the rest of the ghee and... - 39.7105
Place the coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds in a coffee grinder or blender and grind coarsely by pulsing the machine on and off, or use a mortar and pestle.
Heat the oil and butter in a wok or any other round-bottomed pan over... - 43.8257
In a pan, put both dais, salt, turmeric, spinach, 2 tbs oil, onion and 6 cups hot water.
Cook till dals are soft, whisk with egg whisk for 2-3 mins.
Heat remaining oil in frying pan, add baghar and fry till brown, put into dal pan and cover with lid.
Simmer... - 34.3206
Spicy Lentil Salad
Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk well.
Wash dal and drain.
Boil water in a pan over high heat.
Add dal, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes till grains are tender yet separate.
Place dal in a bowl and pour... - 44.6638
Wash rice and dal.
If pigeon peas are used, soak for half an hour, or half boil.
Place all ingredients except butter in a pan and add water coming upto one inch above level of rice and dal.
Bring to boil and simmer on low heat, with pan half covered.
Cook... - 46.5218
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a brilliant taste. The essence Lemon juice gives the Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a bracing taste. - 42.2213
Chick Pea Soup By Tarla Dalal
This Lebanese soup is delicious! Throw in garlic, onions, tomatoes, and potatoes with a sprinkling of coriander; the flavors come together beautifully. This soup tastes great when chunky, but you could blend it into a creamy, thick soup as well. Serve... - 0
Red Lentils With Soup
These quick-cooking lentils are a great source of protein and fiber. Red lentils are immersed in a delicious tomato puree with fragrant seasonings. Tofu has a spongelike ability to pick up the surrounding flavors and is added at the end. The dish’s lovely... - 41.346
Cook dal in boiling water or in pressure cooker.
Add turmeric, salt, tamarind juice, and tomatoes.
Cook on medium fire for 15 minutes.
Add more warm water, if necessary.
The dal should be a thin liquid.
Add ground masala.
Simmer for five minutes.
Heat oil and... - 42.2138
Wash dals and soak in water for two hours.
Roast coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, garlic, cloves and pepper corns in a frying pan using a little oil.
Add ginger and turmeric and grind to a fine paste using a little water.
Cook... - 42.8566
1. Mix the dals and wash them.
2. Cut the vegetables into big pieces.
3. Mix the dals and vegetables, add 7 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
4. Sieve this mixture. If it is very thick, add a little water.
5. Heat the ghee in a... - 49.7356
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 42.3793
Mamaiji's Dhan Sakh
Mix fenugreek leaves with half tsp salt and leave for twenty minutes.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Rub ginger and garlic paste into meat pieces, place in a pan, add salt and water to cover.
Bring to boil and lower heat.
Simmer till meat... - 47.3739
1)In a pan, cook Maggi Noodles for 2 minutes without the Tastemaker.
2)Remove noodles from heat, rinse with water.
3)Mix it with 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
4)In a saucepan, boil dal and mutton together with the four Maggi Noodles Tastemakers... - 42.7842
Spicy Tomato Fry
Tomato fry is a very easy dish to prepare and it is a rich source of vitamin C. It tastes good with rice as well as rotis. Do check this quick to prepare recipe. - 0
Red Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat.
Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the peppercorns and bay leaves and cook 5 minutes longer.
Add the chicken stock, 1 cup water, the drained red... - 41.3364
1) In a large, deep saucepan, heat 3/4 cup of the oil over moderate-low heat.
2) As soon as the oil gets heated up, add the sliced onions and cook, mixing till they become soft and translucent.
3) Into the pan, now add the cinnamon, lentils, and ginger... - 46.5948
Place chopped onions, garlic, and ginger in blender with 3 tablespoons water and blend to smooth paste (1 minute).
Heat oil in a 10-12-inch skillet over medium heat.
When hot, add cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leaf, and last the... - 43.509
Mix fenugreek leaves with half tsp salt and leave for twenty minutes.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Wash dais well and mix with meat and chopped ingredients for dal mixture and meat.
Put into a pan with water to cover by one inch.
Bring... - 47.1748
Shrimp, Crab, Or Lobster, Kerala Style
Heat oil either in deep 10-inch skillet or in 10-inch heavy-bottomed pot over a medium-high flame.
Put in the chopped onions and fry, stirring, for 7 to 8 minutes or until the onions are slightly browned, but soft.
Turn off heat.
In a blender container... - 45.8407