- » Masala Mix
Masala Mix Recipes
Enjoy our collection of masala mix recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for masala mix recipes.
Garam Masala Spice Mix
1. In a spice grinder or coffee grinder add all the spices.
2. Grind until powdered.
3. Use as desired in your curries, or sprinkle on your raita or pilaf for that extra kick of flavor. - 99.9186
Combine all the ingredients together and store, covered, in a cool, dry place. - 21.5181
Koonthal Masala (squid Pan Fried In Masala)
A dry spicy squid preparation good to go as a side or even a savory appetizer! Squid or Koonthal/Kanava as we call it in Kerala, is a pretty versatile seafood variety and hence it tastes good with pretty much any flavor. Since my preference is a bit on the... - 0
Sambhar Masala Powder : Indian Masala
Learn how to make fresh Sambhar Masala Powder at home which is a versatile powder made by roasting whole Indian spices and is used quite often in South Indian Cooking. It has a great flavor and good shelf life. - 0
Boondi In Masala Yogurt
Whisk the yogurt and add the salt, sugar, water, ground coriander, chilli powder and chopped coriander and set aside.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion seeds, white cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
Remove from the heat and set aside for... - 36.0734
Masala Stuffed Green Chili
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the chillies right through to within half an inch of the end. Open the chilly carefully and stuff the above masala powders.
2. In a dry clean jar sprinkle a thin layer of salt to cover the entire bottom surface. On this spread the... - 36.595
Masala Sweet Corn Raita
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion seeds, chillies and onion for about 1 minute.
Add the sweetcorn, then the chilli powder, ground coriander and salt.
Fry for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once all the liquid... - 40.4947
1. To make the spicy red paste for the dosa spread, blend corn flour, ginger and garlic paste, curry powder and half measures of oil and water. Mix and set aside.
2. In a pan, apply oil for frying.
3. Take 1 big spoon of the dosa... - 87.7065
Black Eye Pea Spice Mix
Peas are a must in most North Indian snacks or curries with other vegetables and seasonings. Here is a recipe to make spicy Black Eyed Peas Masala a great dish to go with rice, naan, rotis or parathas. A must try this new year as it is a believed harbinger of... - 93.341
Clean, wash and drain the rice.
In a pressure pan heat the oil and place the mustard.
When it splutters add the rest of the seasoning ingredients and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the sliced tendli and saute till they are well coated with oil.
Mix in the yogurt,... - 37.5333
1 Roast all the ingredients very lightly on a dry frying pan or tawa. Powder in a blender and store in airtight bottle. Will keep for at least 6 months.
Note: Use either set of measurements. Do not mix the two. For some recipes, it is best to measure... - 21.0165
Easy Stuffed Masala Mushrooms
Here is a no-fuss dinner recipe that features stuffed masala mushroom. This spicy, zesty side dish takes 20 minutes to cook on stove top. Just follow the instructions as presented by Vandana Karani and whomp up this delight. Prepare it in your next gathering... - 115.409
Cut the vegetables into big pieces.
Mix the chopped coriander, turmeric powder, dhania-jira powder, chilli powder, chopped onions, paste, 2 tablespoons of oil and salt very well.
Add the vegetables. Apply the paste mixture to the vegetables.
Put the... - 41.9188
Potatoes With Chaat Masala
Boil and peel potatoes.
Soak tamarind in a little water.
Strain thick pulp.
Add all the masalas.
Mix potatoes in the masala mixture.
Add heated and cooled oil.
Mix well. - 35.9204
Lemon And Green Masala Pickle
Peel, wash and dry ginger, fresh turmeric and amba haldi.
Wash the green chillies with stems on and dry them.
Combine the dry ingredients.
Put four slits on lemons keeping the base intact.
Stuff the lemons with 3/4 th of the masala.
Slit the... - 37.7744
Bhindi masala is a spicy and dry indian preparation of lady's fingers that can be served with rice or rotis. Made with slit lady's fingers stuffed with a masala mix of onions, chili powder, turmeric powder, dry mangpo powder and aniseed powder, the bhindi... - 43.3934
Multilayer Masala Cheese
1. Grind all ingredients of the green filling together to a thick paste with a little water. Keep aside.
2. Prepare the dry filling by mixing all powders together. Keep aside.
3. Blend tomato, garlic and ginger in a liquidizer. Add ketchup, salt and garam... - 44.2431
An innovative masala pappad recipe that you could serve as a great snack. Poppadums stuffed with chopped onions, tomatoes and spices is a wonderful snack idea that is truly different. Surprise your friends with this innovative yummy recipe. - 34.5608
Chana masala is an indian chickepeas preparation made with masalas in a gravy base. The chana masala can be served with rice or totis and is quite filling and savory. This chana masala recipe can be cooked in the microwave with coriander powder, garam masala,... - 42.0759
1. Cut paneer into 1 1/2" x 1" rectangular pieces.
2. Heat 3 tbsp ghee, add 1 tsp ajwain crushed on a chakla-belan.
3. Add onions, green chillies and ginger. Cook till onions turn brown.
4. Add 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp dhania powder. Mix well. Add... - 34.2445
Masala Fish Tacos
Join Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, in the great outdoors as she makes Indian-inspired Punjabi masala fish tacos. - 91.2078
Boiled Eggs coated with exotic masalas. An awesome variation for Egg Curry, Anda Bhurji. - 110.37
Masala Rice Mold
In a bowl, mix rice, chicken, salt, lemon juice, ground masala and melted butter.
Mix well till all the rice is green and well-coated with masala.
Firmly press into greased aluminium mould and bake in a moderate oven 350° for 15 mins.
Unmould onto serving... - 40.6614
Masala Chilli Fry
Masala chili fry is a spicy steak recipe. Prepared with garam masala spice mix along with garlic and red chilies, the masala chili fry is a fried steak recipe. Cooked with a little gravy, it can be served as desired. - 35.1187
Sophie Michell Cooks Chicken Tikka Masala With Tefal Actifry
Chicken Tikka Masala is an Anglo-Indian invention and is one of the U.K’s favourite dishes. We all know that ordering takeaway food can be very bad for your waistline and pocket, so with this recipe you can really have a authentic, quick version at home,... - 46.0185
Paneer Butter Masala
1. Grind onions, ginger & garlic together.
2. Grind tomatoes to a puree.
3. Cook onion paste in oil, till golden (on the lighter side). Do not make it brown. Add red chilli pd. Cook for 1/2 minute.
4. Add milk gradually. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add kaju... - 42.7399
Stuffed Masala Kulcha (indian Stuffed Bread)
1.Mix the yeast in lukewarm milk.
2.Cover up, and keep aside for 1 hour.
3.Then add sugar and mix well.
4.Mix together maida and baking powder and seive.
5.Now add salt, hot ghee and curd and mix thoroughly.
6.Then put in the above water and knead to make... - 45.0058
Have you been looking for an easy to prepare Indian chana masala recipe? look no further, this video is just apt for you. Watch the chef share her personal favorite recipe to prepare this Indian delicacy. - 128.8
Garam Masala ! The secret behind the tasty Indian Curries often lies in freshly roasted and grinded Garam Masala. there is nothing like the magic of homemade Garam Masala. Try this brilliant garam masala recipe!! - 35.6166
Murg Tikka Masala
Chicken tikka masala is a two step process, Tikka and Gravy. Grilling the chicken definetely flavors this dish but if you do not have a grill, you could use any oven too. Once you have your chicken grilling, you could start the gravy process in parallel.... - 44.4532
Appetizing Masala Papad
Masala papad is very unique to Indian cuisine. I can bet, there is no similar dish on earth that tastes like a masala papad. It’s a very popular Indian appetizer served in restaurants mostly in the northern part of India. I never forget to order it whenever... - 141.189
Dry Chicken Tikka Masala
Put a little bit of flavour into your dinner with this week's winner of the food fight, that's dry chicken tikka masala. This quick and easy recipe is a simple way to liven up the week. It's so rich and hearty, that it's delicious to eat and kind to your... - 143.538
Basic Garam Masala
Grind all ingredients individually, mix and store in an airtight glass jar. - 22.617
Pasta In Spicy Chicken Masala
Hi everyone! Today, I made a wonderful indian-italian fusion recipe. Pasta cooked in spicy chicken masala... sound yummy? It's really easy to make and delicious. Let me know how it turns out! - 112.69
Indian Tomato Asparagus Curry
Take a look at this excellent video that shows an ethnic Indian carrot asparagus curry. This curry is a fantastic recipe for cold season to warm up your body. Watch this impressive video and make this wonderful dish that you and your family would definitely... - 128.911
Rajma Masala With Less Oil
1. Soak 200 grams rajma in water overnight and boil it the next day for 1 hour.
2. Heat a pan to medium flame, add oil, then cloves and cardamom.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
4. Add green chilies and... - 111.111
Zucchini Masala / Indian Zucchini
Learn how to cook Zucchini Indian style with various spices and Red peppers. This Masala sabji goes great with roti, naan or as a side dish with rice. It's very flavorful and easy to make. - 0
Masala Stuffed Aubergines
Stuffed Aubergines has a fine taste. Stuffed Aubergines gets its taste from aubergines mixed in garam masala and chili powder. Stuffed Aubergines is loved by non food lovers across the world. - 31.2432
The Channa masala is the popular Indian dish that has come to be accepted world wide. Channa cooked to the right consistency in a hot and spicy gravy. A delicious side dish that goes well with any of the Indian breads. - 45.8667
Chicken Tikka Masala
1. Place the tandoori paste into a clean bowl.
2. Add the yoghurt and mix well together to make the marinade.
3. Cut the chicken into large dice and mix into the marinade.
4. Cover with cling film and store in the fridge for an hour or two.... - 88.9866
Indian Butter Paneer Masala
Butter Paneer or Paneer Makhani, its a very popular Punjabi dish. Paneer or Cottage cheese cooked in smooth, velvety, buttery and tasty tomato based gravy. Goes well with Naan, paratha or Jeera Rice! - 118.049
Would you like to try chicken masala at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. This is a traditional recipe from Indian Cuisine. It is a very delicious Indian curry . It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu .... - 43.8523
Masala Urad Dal
Boil the lentils in 600 ml (1 pint) of lightly salted water until soft but not mushy.
Drain and place in a serving dish.
Melt the ghee in a frying pan over a high heat, add the onion and fry until golden brown.
Lower the heat to medium and add the ginger,... - 42.7001
Mutton Masala Nagpuri
Mix meat with ground masala and onions, and keep for 15 mins.
Put pan on fire.
Add ghee and salt and 1 1/2 cups hot water.
Simmer covered till 1/2 done.
Uncover pan and fry well till dry.
Add in tomato and 1/2 cup water and simmer till meat is tender and... - 43.2312
Yummy – but that is an understatement! The Masala Pav is a typical Indian street food that has lot flavor packed into it. I think, this would be an excellent snack to serve to guests at a party. Check out this video from Madhuras kitchen where it is all... - 114.596
Indian Masala Papad
If you are looking for a quick snack idea, then this masala papad recipe would surely impress you. Take a look at this video that presents an absolutely delicious masala papad recipe which can be prepared in just a few minutes. The snack is definitely much... - 89.8963
Masala Crusted Whitebait On Lime Ranch Red Onion
1. In a mixing bowl take the flour, add in garam masala, cumin seeds, Kashmiri chili powder and mix it with hands.
2. Season the flour mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the whitebait with flour mixture.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and slowly... - 117.064
Easy Butter Chicken Masala
Now this is real easy stuff! Heat butter in a pan and sauté onion and crushed garlic in it.
Meanwhile, shred chicken pieces to bite-size and mix in the masala, that is ginger, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt; see to it that the chicken pieces are... - 29.7822
Would you like to try simple fish masala at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. It is a traditional recipe from Bengali Cuisine. Fish Masala is a delicious Indian Curry.It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner... - 43.4505
Masalas or spice mixes are essential in all sub cuisines across India for most preparations including rice. Check out the recipe by Madhura to make Biryani Masala or Biryani Spice Mix that is handy enough to use once stored comfortably. Fragrant spices are... - 105.215
Indian Masala Peanut
You can also call this peanut salad, as most of the salad ingredients are used in this recipe, for preparing the peanut mix. It is a fun recipe, so you might involve your kids in the process. They will have a great time in preparing and serving this savory... - 110.762
Garam Masala Pork Chops
1. Trim and discard fat from chops. Rinse chops, pat dry, and rub with 1 teaspoon oil.
2. Mix garam masala and garlic powder. Rub spice mixture all over chops.
3. Place a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil... - 28.8384
Dice capsicum and potato. Finely chop 2 onions and roughly chop 1 onion, tomato and green chillies. Grind it to a smooth paste along with cashewnuts without adding water.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and fry green bell peppers for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.... - 49.4826
Vegetable Cutlets (masala Burger Patties)
In a mood of making cutlets, then you should surely check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make these tasty cutlets which can be baked or fried. They are easy to prepare and a mouth watering snack. You can serve the cutlets with chutney or ketchup. Don't... - 135.584
Aloof Masala Stuffed Capsicum
The stuffed capsicum is an indian preparation of stuffed green bell peppers with masala. The stuffed capsicums are filled with cumin, red chili powder, poatoes, garam masala, coriander powder and aniseed powder and microwaved. - 39.9134
Paneer Tava Masala
Try this Punjabi paneer dish. Carefully combined spices ranging from ajwain to shahjeera, make this a real culinary treat. According to the wikipedia Ajwain are traditionally known as a digestive aid and an antiemetic (An anti-emetic is a drug that is... - 55.3237
Indian Green Peas Masala
A very simple and easy curry. Green Peas cooked in simple onion, coconut gravy. Gets ready in just 15 minutes and yet taste superb. Great to cook when you run out of time, vegetables or when guests give sudden visit. - 115.829
Indian Spicy Cabbage Masala
If you anyone don't like cabbage, then must give this recipe a try. I am sure they would start to love this masala and will crave for it again and again. - 110.843
Chicken Tikka Masala
1. CHICKEN TIKKA: In a bowl, mix clarified butter, garam masala and yogurt.
Put the chicken pieces into it and mix well. Let it marinate from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. RICE: In a pot add the rice and water and let it cook till soft.
3. Sprinkle... - 116.147
Veg Masala Sandwich / Indian Snacks
Learn how to make Indian style vegetarian Masala sandwiches. Pretty easy to make and taste good with tea/coffee and mint or tamarind chutney. You can adjust the spices to suit your taste. - 0
Ask a South Indian house wife what she does with left over rice and the answer will surely be “I make chitranna.” Or ask a south Indian what his mother or wife gives him to eat when he is making a long journey; the answer is sure to me “chitranna.”... - 137.056
Preheat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat.
Add whole seeds and spices (not ground) and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Place in blender with glass (not plastic) container or in small grinder, or use mortar and pestle, mallet or rolling pin, and... - 29.7662
Spicy Paneer Butter Masala
Recreating the special creamy texture of Paneer Butter Masala, may not be that difficult as you are thinking. Yes, you too can prepare this delicate Indian dish, just like a professional chef after watching this video. In this recipe, the cottage cheese cubes... - 155.647
Sambar Masala For Parsi Dishes
Mix together fenugreek, mustard, turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
Add to hot oil and roast.
When roasted, remove from fire and add chilli powder.
Mix well and use as required. - 28.0797
Heat oil, fry onion seeds, garlic and curry leaves till light brown.
Add onions and fry light brown.
Add in yam, salt and 1 cup hot water.
Cover pan and cook on a slow fire till suran is done and water dry.
Mix in the green chillies, mint and... - 40.4107
Veg Tikka Masala - Spicy Vegetable Curry
1. In a pan on medium high, melt butter, add onion, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic paste and salt. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
2. After 2 minutes, add potatoes, water and mix well. Cook this covered for 5 minutes.
3. Aster 5 minutes, stir in the... - 0
Masala Chai From Scratch
1. Place a saucepan on medium flame, and pour water in it.
2. Add milk, stir, and bring it to boil.
3. Throw ginger, peppercorns, salt, fennel seeds, and cardamom pods.
4. Drop cinnamon stick, turn the heat to medium low and let it simmer for 15... - 95.6915
Indian Masala Fried Fish
You must have heard about Indian spices. Yes, these spices make your food a real delicacy. Here you will learn to prepare a mouth-watering fish preparation using all these flavorful spices, which also take care of your health. - 135.597
Chicken Tikka Masala
1. For the tomato puree: Blend 2 cups of blanched tomatoes in the blender.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix.
4. Add Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamom, bay leaf, chile, cumin, coriander powder, a pinch of garam... - 116.264
Prawn Tikka Masala
1. In a bowl, mix together the tomato puree, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, ground coriander, cumin, chilli powder, oil and salt. Using your hand, stir the prawns into the spice mixture, then cover and set aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Place the prawns on a... - 36.6877
1. Clean the small prawns well and chop finely.2. Clean the big prawns well. Make a paste with one pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ dessert spoon chilly powder and salt, apply well on the prawns an keep aside for a while. Now fry on a tava till crisp on both... - 20.4525
Noodle Ring With Masala Filling
Nasala Filling: Boil double beans.
Fry the onions brown, stir in and fry ground masala and dry ingredients.
Add the beans and fry.
Add a little water and cook till well-blended and thick.
Mix in sugar, vinegar, mint and garam masala and simmer for a few... - 45.6149
Aloo Cutlets - Quick & Easy - Potato Patties (masala Burger)
In a mood of making some cutlets. Then do try these for sure. The chef makes the cutlets in Indian Style. If you have guests coming over then these cutlets serve as a good snack. They can be served with tomato sauce or chutney. Watch the video for the quick... - 134.367
Taro Root Masala / Stir- Fry Arbi
Learn how to cook Arbi (Taro Root) indian style with few basic spices. Taro is also known as mukhi kochu, inhame, chembu-kizhangu, eddoe, ghandyali, dasheen, cocoyam, khoai môn, malanga. - 0
1. Remove the head and tail of the okra and split from the middle.
2. If the okra is long cut away the extra length pieces.
3. In a wide pan in high heat 3 tbsp oil, add okra and let it cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste and... - 108.383
Egg Plant Masala
1. Cut a big Egg plant in three cylindrical pieces and then cut these in medium thick pieces
2. In a bowl, put the egg plant and mix with 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 3 tsps oil.... - 45.8449
Masala Prawn And Vegetable Samosas
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Keep the sheets of pastry rolled together under a damp cloth as otherwise they dry out fast and become difficult to work with. Rinse the prawns and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix together the... - 35.8246
Chicken Tikka Masala & Bombay Potatoes
Chicken Tikka Masala & Bombay Potatoes
Chicken Tikka Masala
600 g chicken, skin removed and diced
½ red onion or 2 shallots, finely sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 jar Patak’s Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
juice of ½... - 49.7322
Masala Pancakes / Indian Savory Pancakes (besan Puda)
Demonstrating how to make Indian style savory pancakes using Gram Flour (i.e. chickpea flour), also called Besan. These Masala Pancakes are stuffed using potatoes and the batter is made using simple Indian spices and grated carrot (shredded Radish/mooli) is... - 0
Black-eyed Pea/lobiya Masala
Soak Black-eyed peas overnight or for at least 8 hrs.
Pressure cook Black-eyed peas up to 3 whistles or boil them on the stove for at least 45 minutes.
Add oil in a skillet, when hot, add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter. Then add jeera seeds, curry... - 39.1225
In a bowl, mix the coconut powder together with the ground coriander, chilli powder, black pepper, garam masala, garlic, ginger, turmeric, tamarind, salt and poppy seeds.
Stir in the water to form a paste.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the... - 42.8823
Chicken Tikka Masala
In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and the motor running, process the garlic, onion, and peppers until smooth by dropping them through the feed tube.
Remove to a bowl.
In the same work bowl, process the ginger, tomatoes, and... - 41.239
Masala Vegetable Biryani
Wash and prepare all the vegetables.
In a large saucepan heat the ghee, add the onions and fry until golden brown.
Using a slotted spoon, remove half the onions and set aside in a bowl together with half the ghee.
Now add half of the whole spices - that is,... - 47.9778
Classic Paneer Tikka Masala
The classic Paneer Tikka Masala is a typical dish that served on special occasions that call for pomp and pagentry. That is because the dish is pretty rich enough to suit the occasion. But you can make this dish when ever you want. Watch and learn how to make... - 149.014
Pakistani Style Bhindi Masala
Turn your sticky okra's into something delicious which everyone in your family would love to eat again and again. In this video, chef is showing Pakistani style bhindi masala which is actually stir fried okras with lots of spices. All you need is a frying pan... - 112.458
Easy Indian Tikka Masala Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F.
2. Coat protein with 1 teaspoon seasoning and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
3. Heat oil in pan on medium, mix in spices and stir for 10 seconds.
4. Stir in tomatoes and cook until... - 92.6651
Masala Dosa is most popular South Indian dish. It is salty, spicy and yummy. Generally served with shambhar and coconut chutney. Enjoy it as breakfast or any other meal. - 54.6257
1. Wash and soak gram for 2 hours.
2. Grind the gram coarsely (or pass through a mincer).
3. Mix finely chopped onion, green chillies, coarsely ground red chillies and salt.
4. Mix well together and shape into small flat rounds about 0.8 cm. (1/3") thick (10... - 33.693
Maharashtrian Masala Puri
Breakfast and snacks in India are no less spicy and flavorful refreshingly tasty. Check out chef Madhura showing how to make Masala Puri with puris or whole wheat deep fried small flatbreads with masala mix or spicy mixture. Great evening snack! - 115.843
1)In a pan, roast all the ingredients on medium heat for about 10 minutes until they are aromatic.
2)Remove from heat and grind in a blender.
3)Sieve it through muslin cloth and store in airtight container.
4)Use garam masala in various dishes... - 27.7709
1. In food processor, mix all ingredients to make fine paste.
2. Store in clean glass jar in refrigerator. Lasts for 1 week - 32.1737
Paneer Tikka Masala : Indian Vegetarian
Demonstrating how to make delicious Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) Tikka Masala at home using simple Indian spices. You can cook your paneer for this dish in a grill, oven or on a pan/skillet. - 0
Dry roast all the ingredients except the red chilly and dry mango powders, till you get a mild aroma.
Grind to a fine powder in a dry grinder.
Then mix in the rest of the ingredients and grind again.
This has to be a superfine powder.
If you wish you can... - 30.8834
Want a make your kebabs super delicious? Try this masala kebab recipe from this video as the chef shows how to spice up your kebabs. After making those delicious kebabs, she prepares a delicious masala or dry gravy using tomato, onion and spices. So, for the... - 118.379
Masala Mix Recipes By Category