- » Masala
Masala refers to a mixture or blend of spices. The word masala literally means mixture in Hindi, Bengali and Urdu. It is a prime feature of South Asian cuisines. Masala can be prepared with dry or wet ingredients. ... More »
Homemade Tandoori Masala
The secret for a perfect tandoori preparation is a freshly ground spice mix that adds tons of flavor and aroma to the meat. While there are several brands of packaged spice mixes available in the market, why not make it at home when it is so easy. Follow the... - 137.269
Ask a South Indian house wife what she does with left over rice and the answer will surely be “I make chitranna.” Or ask a south Indian what his mother or wife gives him to eat when he is making a long journey; the answer is sure to me “chitranna.”... - 137.056
Easy Stuffed Masala Mushrooms
Here is a no-fuss dinner recipe that features stuffed masala mushroom. This spicy, zesty side dish takes 20 minutes to cook on stove top. Just follow the instructions as presented by Vandana Karani and whomp up this delight. Prepare it in your next gathering... - 115.409
Stuffed Eggplant Spicemix
Eggplants are often cooked with spices to go with rice preparations or rotis. Here is a recipe by Madhura to make Stuffed Baingan Masala or Stuffed Eggplant Spicemix with lot of Indian spices along with eggplants. Great with rotis! - 114.844
1) Soak groundnuts in water for 15 minutes and peel them.
2) Roast peppercorns, cloves, dry coconut, cinnamon, coriander, sesame and half of the cumin seeds together and powder them.
3) Clean and chop tindlis lengthwise.
4) Shell the peas.
5)... - 48.7489
1. Pick, wash and drain rice. Keep it for half an hour.
2. Roast and powder coriander, cumin, gingelly, cinnamon, cloves, and dry-coconut.
3. Wash and cut gherkins lengthwise.
4. Heat three-fourths of the fat. Add mustard seeds and cumin.
5. When they... - 47.7247
1. Wash rice, soak rice in water for half an hour. Then drain the rice.
2. Heat small kadhai. Fry all ingredients given in Masala Powder one by one. Let it cool.
3. Pound all these ingredients to a fine dry powder.
4. Heat oil in kadhai. Add cumin... - 47.0117
Wash and soak rice in water for one hour.
Peel potatoes and cut into two pieces.
If potatoes are very small, keep them whole.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion till light brown.
Add cashewnuts and vegetables.
Stir for a minute.
Add salt, turmeric and enough... - 43.3983
Clean, wash and drain the rice.
In a pressure pan heat the oil and place the mustard.
When it splutters add the rest of the seasoning ingredients and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the sliced tendli and saute till they are well coated with oil.
Mix in the yogurt,... - 37.5333
Stuffed Masala Potato
Scrub and bake potatoes.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized skillet, saute onion, garlic and ginger in vegetable oil until onion is soft. Stir in turmeric, ground coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Set aside.
Remove potatoes from oven and cut in half... - 35.1666
Masala Salmon With Rice & Spinach
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Combine the tikka paste, tomato puree and almost all the yogurt in a shallow bowl. Add the fish, turn to coat, then place on a baking sheet.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Add most of the onion,... - 34.6845
Add all spices to squeezed flesh of one coconut, with peanuts.
Stir over gentle heat until the coconut browns.
Cool and bottle.
Keeps for months. - 25.9349
Masala Recipes By Category