- » Marseille
Marseille food is well- known throughout the region. Almost all the dishes eaten by the local people are a blend of traditional and modern cuisine. The climate as well as the history has influenced the food culture ... More »
Chicken Fricassee Marseille
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Joint the chicken.
3. In a non stick pan, heat butter and sautÃ© the chicken pieces briefly.
4. Peel tomatoes and cut into very thin strips.
5. Crush the garlic.
6. In a soaked RomertopF,... - 45.8784
Bar A La Marseillaise
In an ungreased ovenproof dish (long enough to take the whole fish) put the sliced potatoes on bottom, then the onions.
Add some of the fennel sprigs. (If a bag of fennel seeds is used, remove it before serving.)
Add the garlic, Planters Peanut Oil, wine and... - 41.9191
1. In a fondue pot, mix cheese with flour and place with milk and seasoning.
2. Over medium heat stir such that smooth and creamy.
3. For dipping with the Fondue Marseillaise use shrimps. - 32.8206
You May Also Like!
Tapenade De Marseilles
1. In a blender or food processor, process olives, anchovies, capers, tuna, garlic, bay leaf (and brandy if using). With machine running, gradually add oil and process until smooth. Season with pepper to taste.
2. Turn into a crock or serving bowl. Cover and... - 26.0674
1) In boiling salted water, blanch whole squash for 10 minutes.
2) Drain them thoroughly.
3) Cut them in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and cut across each half into 1 inch thick slices.
4) Blanch the tomatoes peel and halve them.
5)... - 44.7194
Fish Soup Marseilles
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over high heat.
Stir in the leek, bell pepper, and fennel.
Add the wine and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the garlic, orange... - 42.1636
1. In a large casserole or skillet, brown the chicken in 1/3 cup dressing until evenly browned.
2. Add tomatoes, onion and seasonings and sautÃ© lightly for a few more minutes.
3. Stir in remaining French dressing.
4. Reduce the heat, cover the pan... - 43.2448
Cut up the meat, and brown it in lard.
Add the crumbled bread, the cloves of garlic peeled and whole, the bunch of mixed herbs, some salt and a little Cayenne pepper, and the tomato puree.
Cover, and simmer over a gentle heat for 1 hour, or in a slow... - 24.2023
For this famous recipe from Marseilles, you should only use very small live lobsters.
Plunge the lobsters head first into boiling Court Bouillon (see beginning of fish section); bring again to the boil, and cook for only 5 minutes.
Take the lobsters out,... - 22.995
Easy Fish Stock
Place 1-1 1/2 pounds fish trimmings (heads, fins, bones) in a saucepan.
Pour in 1 cup dry white wine and enough water to barely cover, about 3 cups.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3Ã¢â‚¬â€4 sprigs parsley, 1 bay leaf, 1 sliced leek, a sprig or pinch of... - 28.1269
Start bouillabaisse about 1/2 hour before serving; cooking time will depend on size and thickness of fish pieces.
Use large kettle.
In it place lobster, fish fillets (cut in pieces), tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings.
Pour in olive oil, wine and... - 41.0503
Marseille Recipes By Category