- » Marjoram
Marjoram is a spice that has hints of pine and citrus flavors and is synonymous to oregano. This particular variety of oregano spice is also known by other names such as knotted marjoram or sweet marjoram. This spice ... More »
Marjoram Noodles With Beef In A Continental Twist
Noodles, synonymous with Asian cuisine can be made interesting with personal twist. Here is recipe involving tender pieces of beef as well as noodles, seasoned with marjoram, in a simple beef stock sauce. A meal in a jiffy! - 84.4394
Rigatoni With Sausage And Fresh Marjoram
1 In a frying pan, heat butter and cook onion and carrot with bay leaf until onion is transparent.
2 Add in bacon and sausage, cook stirring frequently until brown.
3 Over the sink, squeeze half the tomatoes dry , pulp the flesh using your... - 46.5128
Marjoram & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
1) Preheat oven to the temparature of 350°.
2) Remove mushroom caps from stalks.
3) Wipe caps and keep aside.
4) Chop mushroom stalks.
5) Soak bread crumbs in warm milk, then squeeze out well, reserving milk.
6) Peel garlic.
7) In... - 46.1355
Tomato Marjoram Pizza
1) To prepare tomatoes blanch, peel and roughly chop them.
2) Peel and finely chop the onion.
3) Peel and crush the garlic.
4) Preheat the oven to 425°.
5) In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp of the oil and fry the onion till transparent.
6) Add the tomatoes,... - 45.671
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes With Marjoram
With a sharp knife cut a 1 1/2" to 2" circle out of the stem end.
Scoop out the pulp. (Use pulp for another purpose such as soup.)
Salt the insides lightly.
Turn upside down on a plate to drain for one hour.
Combine the rest of the... - 45.5793
Sea Scallops, Red Peppers, And Marjoram Angel Hair Pasta
1. On a grill under an open gas flame, place the peppers and roast them, also cook by rotating peppers on all sides, for 10 minutes till the pepper skins turn black.
2. In a bowl, transfer the roasted peppers and cover with plastic wrap, let it cool... - 45.1935
Onions With Lemon And Marjoram Sauce
Blanch the onions in boiling water for 2 minutes.
Return to the sauce pan and cover with fresh water.
Add salt and the bouquet garni.
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Meanwhile, put the... - 44.6547
Lean Spinach Marjoram Souffle
Lightly coat interior of a 1 1/2 to 1 3/4-quart souffle or other straight-sided baking dish with oil.
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, stir milk smoothly into cornstarch.
Add marjoram, onion, pepper, and nutmeg.
Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a... - 44.412
Boiled Lamb In Marjoram Sauce
1) Mix together the lamb, onion, the cubed parsnip and carrots, and the chopped celery in a 5- or 6-quart saucepan.
2) Pour in the water and add the salt.
3) Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 2 1/2 hours, or until the... - 43.1711
Oven Roasted Artichoke Slivers With Thyme And Marjoram
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Take a large bowl and fill 3/4 of it with water.
3. Slice 2 lemons into halves and squeeze into the water.
4. Take one atichoke at a time and begin to clean it.
5. Cut away the... - 43.0416
Braised Lamb With Marjoram Gravy
1) In a Dutch Oven, add the meat and brown well on all sides. Add in water, onion, salt, celery seed and pepper. Let the mixture boil. Cook on simmer for 45 minutes.
2) Add in potatoes and carrots. Cook for 30 minutes on simmer. Add in the celery and... - 42.9193
Crown Of Lamb Roast With Apple-marjoram Stuffing
Crown Of Lamb Roast With Apple-Marjoram Stuffing! Isn't your mouth watering? Mine is! This is a lovely lamb preparation that is perfect as the centerpiece for your dinner spread. Try this Crown Of Lamb Roast With Apple-Marjoram Stuffing recipe! . - 41.6227
Marjoram Meat Balls
1) In milk, soak the crumbs.
2) Combine together the softened crumbs, ground beef, onion powder, Season-All, marjoram, thyme, pepper, mace and MSG. Mix well.
3) Shape the mixture into 30 to 36 small balls. Use a rounded teaspoonful for each ball.
4) In... - 41.3529
Mock Turtle Soup
1. Wash calf's head thoroughly and soak 1 hour in cold water to cover.
2. Pour off water, add fresh boiling water, onion, carrot, herbs and spices in cheese cloth and 2 teaspoons of salt. Cover and simmer until the meat is very tender, about
2 hours. (Remove... - 40.8195
Marjoram Veal Chops
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, onion, and 1 teaspoon marjoram in large shallow dish.
Place chops in mixture and stand in cool place for 4 hours.
Combine bread crumbs, lemon rind, 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, and salt and pepper.
Dip marinated chops into... - 39.7863
Potato Soup With Mushrooms And Marjoram
In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and saute the potatoes and onion until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the leek and mushrooms and cook 2 or 3 more minutes.
Add half the chopped chervil and marjoram.
Add the chicken stock and simmer... - 39.5239
1.In a container, put Zinfandel, olive oil, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary sprigs, thyme and marjoram and put the container in refrigerator.
2.Strain the herbs and keep the sauce aside.
3.Apply on meat prior to grilling and allow to marinate for... - 39.4362
Ratatouille With Marjoram
Mix eggplant, onion, green pepper, garlic and olive oil in 3-quart casserole.
Microwave, covered, at HIGH (100%) until onion and green pepper are tender, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking time.
Add zucchini, basil, marjoram, salt and... - 39.4056
Beef Stew With Marjoram
In 3-qt casserole combine all ingredients except water and cornstarch.
In 1-cup measure blend water and cornstarch; stir into casserole.
Microwave at High 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave 45 to 60 minutes, or until meat is fork... - 38.8147
Pan Roasted Potatoes With Lemon And Marjoram
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the lemon zest for 1 minute.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the strips of zest from water and soak over paper towels.
4) In the same water, blanch the bacon for 1... - 38.1881
Pork Cutlets With Apples Onions And Marjoram
1. In a small saucepan, bring the wine and raisins to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat so that the wine simmers gently and cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium heat... - 38.0945
Marjoram Baked Chicken
Remove the skin from the chicken legs and cut the legs into drumsticks and thighs.
Arrange the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
In a bowl combine the yogurt, the garlic, the mustard, 1 tablespoon of the marjoram, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the yogurt... - 37.6376
Sour Cream Sauce With Marjoram
1) In a saucepan, heat butter and add the flour.
2) Add in water, sour cream, marjoram, and dill seed.
3) Stirring constantly, allow the mix to cook till thick, then continue cooking for 10 minutes longer.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5)... - 36.798
Cheese And Marjoram Scones
1. Sift the two kinds of flour into a bowl and add the salt. Cut the butter into small pieces, and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the mustard, marjoram and grated cheese, and mix in sufficient milk to make a soft... - 36.6051
Roasted Goose With Apple
Wash goose and set aside giblets (use however you prefer, but they are best cooked conventionally).
Sprinkle inside of cavity with salt.
Fill cavity with whole or quartered apples and prunes.
Sprinkle with marjoram.
Secure openings with toothpicks or metal... - 36.465
1. In a small saucepan, soak marjoram in water for 15 minutes.
2. Using a fine mesh, cheesecloth, strain the mixture and measure in a cup.
3. Add water to make 1 full cup; return to the saucepan.
4. Using the same mesh, strain lemon juice and... - 36.09
Marjoram Scented Turnip Spoon Bread
1. Butter a 9-inch-square baking dish. In a medium saucepan, steam the turnips over 1 inch of boiling water until very tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Transfer the turnips to a food processor. Add the butter and marjoram and puree until smooth, about 1 minute.... - 34.5226
Pork And Marjoram Taquitos
1. To make filling, heat oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add onion, chilies, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion and chilies are soft. Add pork and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until brown. Remove pan from heat, stir... - 33.4916
Gemelli With Zucchini And Fresh Marjoram
1. Cut the zucchini and onions into pieces about the size of the pasta. Toss them together in a bowl with the salt and let them sit for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. After 15 minutes, heat 4 quarts of salted water for cooking the pasta.
2. When the water... - 33.1479
Pork And Marjoram Taquito
1. To make filling, heat oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add onion, chillies, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion and chillies are soft. Add pork and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until brown. Remove pan from heat,... - 32.73
Braised Lamb With Marjoram Gravy
1. Brown meat on all sides in vegetable oil in a kettle or Dutch oven. Add water, onion, salt, celery seed and pepper; heat to boiling; lower heat; cover. Simmer 45 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and carrots, pushing them down into the broth; simmer 30 minutes.... - 32.1209
Black Bean Dip With Marjoram
Take this suggestion of how to prepare a Black Bean Dip With Marjoram and make a tasty dip for your guests as well as yourself. You will definitely like this Black Bean Dip With Marjoram dip. Go for it! - 29.3402
Cut the peeled potatoes into rounds, add salt, cover them with water, and put on to cook.
Prepare a roux with finely chopped onions, dilute with cold water and pour over the cooked potatoes.
Flavour with marjoram, add the sour cream and boil well. - 29.2038
In 3 or 4-quart casserole, place meat bone side down.
Sprinkle with salt and marjoram.
Spoon soup over top.
Cook covered, 27 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150° (will increase to 170° during standing), turning meat twice.
Let stand, covered, 20... - 26.9287
Marjoram Tomato Sauce
Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in medium saucepan.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. - 26.8689
Marjoram Broiled Lamb Steak
1. Trim all fringe fat from steak with a sharp knife. Slash edges to prevent curling during broiling.
2. Sprinkle steak with garlic salt and pepper. Press marjoram onto both sides. Place steak on the rack of broiler pan.
3. Broil, 3 inches from the heat, 8... - 22.8912
Quick Bouquet Garni
Wrap the herbs in a small piece of muslin and tie with a piece of fine string. - 22.0621
Broiled Lamb With Marjoram
You can try this Broiled Lamb With Marjoram as there is liberally no use in wasting a good leg of lamb even if it is a left over. This Broiled Lamb With Marjoram is my own variation of lamb leg steak. Happy cooking! - 20.5379
Marjoram Recipes By Category