- » Marinated Herring
Marinated Herring Recipes
Enjoy our collection of marinated herring recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for marinated herring recipes.
1. Scale and wash the herrings well.
2. Cut off the heads and tails, and slit each fish open down the belly using a sharp large knife.
3. Remove the offals from the fish cavities and clean thoroughly.
4. Peel the onion and chop half of it.
5.... - 45.8274
1. Clean and slice the herring. Also, remove the heads and backbones of the herring but surely not the tail. Use a paper towel to pat them dry.
2. Wash, peel and slice the onions in thin round shapes. Make some rings out of those slices.
3.... - 43.7775
Bone and fillet the herrings if the fishmonger has not done this.
Put the roes on one side.
Pour the vinegar and water into a pan, add the sugar and bring to boiling point.
Add the lemon, bay leaves or leaf, spice and seasoning to the vinegar and heat for 4... - 40.8404
You May Also Like!
Marinated Herring is a mouth watering appetizer recipe. Try this Marinated Herring; I am sure you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 41.2907
Marinated Fresh Herring
1. Prepare the herring by cleaning it or buy the cleaned herring.
2. Wash it in cold salted water and dry it by spreading over absorbent paper.
3. Take a baking dish and keep the herring side by side. Avoid using metal pan.
4. Take a... - 40.1937
Marinated Herring Salad
1 Place the smoked herring fillets in a shallow dish. Mix together the lemon juice and the oil. Pour over the fish.
2 Mix together the potatoes, celery and apple. Blend in the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
3 Add the corn to the fillets and mix... - 29.3104
Herring And Potato Salad
Herring And Potato Salad is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. A deadly combination of herring and potato will surely tempt you to serve this Herring And Potato Salad to your loved ones. - 40.8186
Cut the herring into bite-size pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, sprinkle the onion with salt and leave at room temperature for one hour.
Wash off the salt and squeeze with your hands.
Set aside on paper towel to... - 39.1737
Dried Smoked Herring
Beat lemon juice and olive oil until blended.
Cut herring in small pieces and marinate in lemon juice and olive oil. - 18.3541
Quick Glassblower's Herring
Pour marinated herring with liquid into a bowl.
Add carrot, onion, mustard seeds and peppercorns.
Refrigerate turning several times. - 26.009
GFreat party appetizer! Pickled herring is also a healthy food! - 23.4338
Quick Glassblower's Herring
Pour marinated herring with liquid into bowl.
Add carrot, onion, mustard seed and peppercorns.
Refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
Remove peppercorns, if desired. - 30.0605
Pickled Herring In Sour Cream
Drain herring filets.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, carrots and onions.
Mix well and marinate for several days before serving.
Do not serve immediately.
Add a small amount of wine sauce for a more pronounced flavor. - 25.9734