- » Marathi
Marathi cuisine is a diverse sub-cuisine of India. It is also known as Maharashtrian cuisine as it revolves around the food culture of Maharashtra state. The Marathi food is rich in flavors varying from mild to ... More »
Instant Poha Chivda
The Poha Chivda is good Indian snack to make, especially if there are several unexpected guests at home. This relatively has less oil in comparison to the other Indian snacks. And Madhura in this video shows you how to make this in the microwave oven in no... - 123.433
Roasted Thin Poha Chevda
If you're keen on having some tasty Indian snacks , you have come to the right place. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the poha chevda in a few minutes. It's so tasty and a very good snack for munching time. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at... - 103.434
Want a quick, easy and delicious Indian breakfast or snack? Manjula makes a dish with thin poha or thin flattened rice. Poha which is the main ingredient of the dish is very unique to Indian cuisine and cooks fast. Hence, a few stirs in the skillet is enough... - 102.442
Light And Healthy Poha
One of India's most staple breakfast dishes, this Light and Healthy Poha is easy to make and is full of taste. Prepared with beaten rice as the main ingredient, this poha can also be served as a light snack. The blend of ingredients impart this dish a... - 97.8513
How To Make Batata-pawa / Curried Poatato + Rice Flakes
Batata Pawa is an age old family favorite and now you can learn to make it in easy steps too. Bhal Dave sums each process in an articulate manner, which is easy to follow and crisp. Now our desire to feed our guests sumptuously with Batata Pawa or use it as a... - 87.222
Chinese Style Poha
Ever tried poha or flattened rice? Chef Vikas from Ching’s innovates on a way to use poha. He adds a Chinese twist to an otherwise regular daily Indian breakfast item. A really good recipe, all you need are the great sauces. Watch and try it out, thrill the... - 86.8087
1)Put the yogurt in a clean muslin cloth, fold it up into a loose bundle and hang for a couple of hours or until excess moisture drips through.
2)Take a large bowl, and put the yogurt and add sugar. Beat until sugar dissolves and mixture is... - 47.7307
1. Wash poha in water. Keep aside.
2. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons ghee and toss mustard and asafoetida.
3. When seeds stop spluttering, add turmeric, salt, peas, potatoes and tomatoes.
4. Seal the lid tightly and cook till vegetables... - 47.2602
1) Gently break the Maggi 2-Minute Noodles in the pack, then put the noodles and Tastemaker in 2 cups of water and cook until all the water is absorbed.
2) In a pan, fry the peanuts in the oil, then remove and keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil, add... - 44.9603
1. Peel and dice potatoes.
2. Chop onions and coriander leaves finely.
3. Heat fat. Brown onions. Add remaining ingredients except rice.
4. Cook on a slow fire till potatoes are cooked (add a little water if necessary).
5. Put rice into a colander. Hold under... - 44.8487
Poha (avalaki Upma)
Wash poha gently, add 1/2 cup water to poha soak for 10 minutes and drain the water
Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds to splutter
Add chana dal, curry leaves, hing, turmeric
Add onion, chillies
Stir fry till the onion till brown colour
Add the poha, salt,... - 44.425
1. Wash poha in water.
2. Drain out water.
3. In a bowl mix coconut milk, tamarind and poha and sugar.
4. In grinder add chilli and corriander leaves. Grind till smooth.
5. Mix the paste with the mixture.
6. In a skillet heat 1... - 44.0581
1. Wash poha in water.
2. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon oil and toss mustard, cumin and asafoetida.
3. When seeds stop spluttering, add ginger, onions chillies and curry leaves. Fry till soft.
4. Stir in all the ingredients except... - 42.1915
1 In a blender jar, grind the poha till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2 Keep aside.
3 In a microwave safe bowl, combine the water, soda bi carb, jeera and salt, microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
4 Add the oil, chili powder, green chili, and the ground... - 41.2416
This is one of the simplest snack anyone can make with the least of ingredients. Very tasty & healthy too!!.
The best part about this snack is that you can use stale bread & curd n still dish out a very tasty dish. Staler the bread, tastier the poha!!. I... - 40.291
To dispose off the raw smell of the poha, dry roast it.
Then keep the poha soaked in warm water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Wait till it softens and then drain the water.
Keep it aside.
Next liquify the jaggery in water.
Cook on low flame until it thickens.
To... - 39.575
This Amrakhand makes a good Dessert for most meals. It is a well-liked Dessert to be served at the Indian table. The key ingredient in Amrakhand is Milk. A family favorite that is feasted upon every weekend, this Amrakhand recipe should not be missed! - 39.4905
Doodh Powva has a defining taste. The kismis and almonds dressing gives the Doodh Powva a prefect taste. Must have it. - 38.9568
Thin Poha (beaten/pressed Rice)chiwda
1. If poha is soggy, preheat oven on 350. Bake poha for 5 mins or till it become crunchy. Don't forget to stir in between. (If you don't have oven you can use pan or kadhai on gas)
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately... - 37.019
1)In a wok, heat ghee to near smoking point and then deep fry the chewda in it, a little bit at a time. Let chewda puff up and fries.
2)Take a greaseproof paper and place it on a large tray and then spread the chewda on it to drain excess oil.
3)Then,... - 36.8037
Poha or Flattened Rice is a quick and easy breakfast dish. It tastes good with some yogurt as a condiment. Boiled potato cubes and groundnuts go very well with Poha. Sprinkling a little lemon juice just before serving gives it a zesty taste. ... - 36.7656
This Sitaphal Srikahand recipe is absolutely delightful. These desserts are great to pep up those weekend family dinners. The addictive flavors of the Sitaphal Srikahand dish is sure to catch you by surprise and get you hooked to it. Trust me! - 31.6293
1. Wash and drain the poha and keep until the poha is soft and swells up.
2. Add all the ingredients to the poha and toss until well mixed. - 31.0667
Tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth/cheese cloth or any thin cotton cloth & hang it by the kitchen wash basin/tie the cloth to the tap of the basin. This procedure will drain the water/whey from the yogurt. Depending on the thickness of the yogurt, it will take... - 29.9094
1. Mix together all ingredients and leave for 10 minutes before use. - 29.5526
1. Boil the milk and leave to cool. When moderately hot, add beaten curds. Mix well by pouring from one pan to another and back. Keep aside, covered, for 10-12 hours. Pour into a clean muslin cloth and tie loosely. Hang the bag for two to three hours to let... - 27.4924
Peanut Poha With Onion
Peanut poha with onion is a very simple to make light dish which can be prepared within a time frame of 20-25 minutes. The dish is prepared with flattened rice and is a popular Indian breakfast food. - 0
Poha is an ideal breakfast dish especially on a busy morning. I tend to make quite often as its my son's favorite breakfast dish. - 0
Mom’s Special Peanut Ka Poha
Peanut ka poha is a popular Marathi breakfast dish, now popular in many parts of the country, made with flattened rice. The dish can include many ingredients like peanuts, peas, potatoes, carrots etc. Here follows a simple recipe of poha made with onions and... - 0
Marathi Recipes By Category