- » Malaysian
Malaysian food is well known for its unique mix of local and international ingredients that create a distinctive taste. The cuisine potrays the food culture of the local settlers who came in from all over the ... More »
Curry Laksa Recipe - Southeast Asian Cooking
Rice noodles, fresh toppings and cilantro brought together in a rich aromatic broth. These are the flavors of Southeast Asia in one, happy bowl. This is a very simple recipe to put together and can make any night special. - 124.728
This recipe is suitable for those who are interested in Malaysian food. The chef shows us how to make curry laska. Watch the video for the detailed recipe. This is a coconut based curry soup. - 112.219
Homemade Malaysian Honeycomb Cake
This yummylicious cake draws its name from its interesting honey-comb like patterns. A Malaysian staple, this lip-smackingly good cake is a must try for all sweet lovers. Spongy, bouncy, and bitter-sweet treat makes for an excellent recipe for baking... - 105.047
How To Make Malaysian Chicken Satay
To all those people who enjoy barbecue should try this recipe out. The chef makes yummy chicken satay in Malaysian style. I'm sure you will love it. Check out the video as the chef shows us how to make this yummy appetizer. - 102.91
Nyonya Curry - Malaysia Kitchen
Malaysian Cuisine lovers will relish the curry. It's a Malaysian specialty and you should try it out. Nyonya cuisine is a fusion of Malay and Chinese flavors. Chef Caroline takes a lot of effort to show this amazing Malaysian recipe, so do check - 100.739
Making Mum's Poh Pia
For all Spring Roll lovers, this non-fried Malaysian style rolls is always an integral part of a typical Asian meal. Tofu and veggie rolled in paper thin pancake or crepe truly makes for a delish fare. Follow the recipe presented in the video and get rolling... - 100.698
Homemade Malaysian Vegan Mee Rebus - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
When you feel like experimenting with your regular fare, something as sumptuous as yellow noodles cooked in sweet sour potato gravy could help you get started. Vegan mee rubus is an integral part of Malaysian cuisine. Stream this video to learn more on how to... - 66.2958
Homemade Malaysian Vegan Mee Rebus - Part 1: Preparation
For all who don't know, vegan mee bus is yellow noodles served in spicy sweet potato gravy. This Malaysian favorite is quite a cinch to make and delish to devour. This video presents a detailed recipe on how to whomp up this treat at home. - 66.0655
Nasikunyit Malay Turmeric Glutinous Rice
1.Grate coconut in water and then stir well to dissolve.
2.Stir in rice and let them soak for 30 minutes.
3.Add turmeric and peppercorns and leave.
4.Heat the rice with soaking water until boiled.
5.Put the lid on and simmer for 30... - 49.7631
Malay Oxtail Soup
1. In a heavy soup pot, put together oxtail, onion, garlic, cilantro sprigs, cinnamon stick, cumin, coriander, and chili.
2. Pour the broth and add enough water to cover all the ingredients by 1 1/2 inches.
3. Heat until the mixture just starts to... - 48.9759
Malaysian Scallops And Shrimp
1) Take a large bowl to place scallops and shrimp in it.
2) Take another bowl and stir together lime peel and juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, green onion and oil in it.
3) Pour the prepared mixture over scallops and shrimp.
4) Cover... - 48.0643
Malaysian Fish Curry
1) Extract coconut milk in a bowl putting dried coconut and pouring boiling water on it.
2) Let it stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the milk.
3) Keep the milk in refrigerator.
4) In a food processor combine together onions, garlic,... - 47.5385
Malay Chicken Soup
1) In a deep saucepan, combine the chicken, salt, water, and onion.
2) Bring this mix to a boil.
3) Continue to cook for 1 hour, or until the chicken turns soft.
4) From the mixture, strain the stock.
5) Dice the chicken and keep... - 47.0943
Malaysian Fish Stew
1) Skin the fish.
2) Poach the skinned fish for 20 minutes, in the juice from the pineapple can. ... - 45.9652
1. Separate bones from chicken breasts, and cut the meat in cubes of about 1 ½ inches.
2. In a small skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter or margarine, and lightly brown the coconut in it. Remove from heat.
3. Add remaining butter, and onions and saute... - 44.9527
Malaysian Chicken & Rice Soup
Rinse chicken and pat dry; pull off and discard lumps of fat.
Set breast pieces aside; place remaining chicken in a 6- to 8-quart pan and add ginger, onion, coriander, cinnamon stick, garlic, and broth.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20... - 44.3568
Malaysian Shrimp Curry
Prepare coconut milk.
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Saute onions and garlic until clear.
Stir in salt, ginger, coriander, almonds, cumin, chili peppers, turmeric, and tomatoes.
Cover and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with cornstarch and gradually... - 43.8999
Malaysian Otak Otak
1) Using a wooden meat-beater, beat the fish gently to loosen the skin,.
2) Gently take out the flesh, damaging the skin as little as possible.
3) Take out all the bones.
4) Finely chop the flesh.
5) In a bowl, place the chopped fish with the... - 43.4386
Bone chicken breasts and cut meat in cubes about 1 1/2 inches.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine in a small skillet; lightly brown coconut.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet; add onions and saute until lightly brown.
In a large... - 43.2706
Malaysian - Roti Canai
Roti Canai, is a Malaysian Indian cuisine product. Very widely eaten in the south east Asia predominantly with Kare Kambing or the Goat Curry. There is no need for searching a restaurant for a roti canai, you can find it everywhere, easily available on the... - 42.4122
Malaysian Rendang Curry
1. Heat a dry frying pan, add the desiccated coconut and toast until lightly golden.
2. Blend together the toasted coconut, garlic, shallots, lemongrass chillies, ginger, turmeric, salt and sugar to make a paste.
3. Heat some oil in a heavy based frying pan.... - 41.7993
Malaysian Style Satay
Prepare Satay Marinade.
With a large sharp knife, slice meat in 1/4-inch-thick slices, then in strips about 2-1/2-inches long and 1-inch wide.
With hands, mix meat strips into Satay Marinade in 2 to 3 portions, being sure all meat is coated.
Lace seasoned... - 41.1731
HEAT THE OLIVE OIL in a saute pan or large, deep skillet.
Add the red onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the clams with the dried chiles and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add the... - 41.0649
1) In a bowl soak glutinous rice for a night. Drain and discard the water.
2) Press the first coconut cream from one coconut.
3) Add 1 cup of water and press second time. Let stand in separate bowls.
4) Steam rice for 15-20... - 38.9916
Have you still not got your favorite Malay Blatjang right? Forget about the mess it created the last time you tried it. Try out this quick and simple recipe for Malay Blatjang. It's sure to come out incredibly delicious and be amazed with the ease it's done! - 38.3194
Malaysian Lemon Rice Soup
Heat stock to boiling, add rice, bay leaf, and salt if needed.
Simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove bay leaf.
Mix summer savory with beaten eggs.
Add lemon juice and grated peel and mix again.
Slowly add one cup of stock to egg mixture,... - 36.977
Preheat the oven to fairly hot 190°C (Gas Mark 5, 375°F).
Mix all the spices together in a bowl and add seasoning, lemon juice, ginger, onions, garlic and coconut milk to form a thick paste.
Spread the paste over the duck.
Put the duck on a rack in a... - 36.2271
Quick Malaysian Curry
1. Coat chicken pieces with flour. Heat browning dish on HIGH for seven minutes, add oil, cook on HIGH for one minute. Place chicken pieces in browning dish, cook on HIGH for four minutes, turn over halfway through cooking. Remove chicken. Drain off any... - 35.2582
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and cook until golden brown. Add the garlic, chillies, peanuts, ground coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spices have cooked through and released a strong aroma.
2. Stir the... - 34.8302
Malaysian Biskut Senyum
Dry roast the two flours till pink and aromatic.
Cool and sift together.
Mix butter, sugar and the peanuts.
Add the flours and knead into a dough.
Make small balls and flatten them on a greased baking tray.
Bake in moderate oven for 30... - 32.1964
1) In a bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, sugar and milk, and stir the mixture.
2) Mix in the banana slices.
3) Transfer the egg mixture into a steamer bowl.
4) Steam gently for 30 to 40 minutes until set.
5) Slice into squares and serve warm. - 31.81
Malay Beef Satay
Cut the steak into cubes and put into an earthenware bowl. Combine soy sauce, peanut oil, finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and sesame, seeds, pour over meat and leave to marinate for 3 hours. Turn meat from time to time in the marinade. After 3 hours, or... - 30.7484
Put the onion, chillis, blachan, turmeric and thin coconut milk into a saucepan.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the potato pieces.
Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potato is half-cooked.
Stir in the cabbage and cook for 5... - 29.8359
1. To prepare in a mortar, pound onion, garlic, chiles, and salt together to a coarse paste. To prepare in a blender or food processor, grind together with oil.
2. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over low heat and add paste. (If oil was used in grinding paste,... - 29.5368
Malaysian Coleslaw With Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 Combine the vinegar, fish sauce, cilantro, ginger, scallions, honey, sesame oil, and garlic in a large bowl.
2 Add the cabbage, cucumber, and bell pepper; toss well. - 24.9942
How To Make Gula Melaka Creme Caramel
Here is my very tasty Gula Melaka Creme Caramel, for all you out there with a sweet tooth. I filmed this whilst at the Tastemade studios in LA. - 0
How To Make Beef Rendang
Beef Rendang or Rendang Daging/Rendang Daging Padang or Rendang Daging Minang of which all are just minor variations of the same dish is one of the most popular and famous beef dishes in Malaysia and is also much prized in places like Indonesia and Singapore.... - 0
Malaysian Food: Nyonya Cuisine: Ayam Pongteh Nyonya Chicken Stew
1. In a wok heat oil and add garlic, shallots, and ginger. Saute until just browned and translucent.
2. Season with salt and pepper, fry well and then add fermented bean paste. Stir to mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add chicken, stir to coat well and... - 0
Caroline's Ramadhan Recipes No 4 - Bbq Chicken
1. Make slits on the chicken legs using a sharp knife.
2. In a bowl combine sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt, honey and garlic granules, stir until well combined.
3. Marinate the chicken with the marinade and evenly coat... - 0
Malaysian Style Chicken Wings
This recipe came from Andrew Zimmern's website and I thought it would be great on the grill. I was right, They turned out awesome. Give it a try and let me know how they were. - 0
Malaysian Recipes By Category