- » Maharashtrian
Maharashtrian Food comprises of delicious dishes that oscillate between bland to very spicy in flavors. Rice, cereals, lentils, and vegetables are widely used in Maharashtrian recipes. Maharashtrian cuisine comprises ... More »
Classic Indian Shrikhand
The moment I think of Shrikhand, my mouth waters. This is a sinful West Indian delicacy that comes subtly flavored with saffron and cardamom. It would be ideal to serve this as dessert after an Indian meal. Learn how to make this recipe at home by watching... - 143.622
Diwali Bhajani Chakli
For most Indians, the Chakli is crunchy tea-time snack. Yes, they love it and so will you. Though this snackk can be made throughout the year, it is a Diwali staple. Madhura in this video is making the Chaklis with the flavorsome ajwain seeds. Enjoy. - 143.559
Maharashtrian-style Cashewnut And Mushroom Curry
This Curry is one of the favorite served in many elite Maharashtrian celebrations and weddings. Watch the video to get the recipe of this deliciously rich, creamy and nutty curry with whole cashews and mushrooms. This is curry is delicately spiced and... - 132.303
Colorful Veg Kolhapuri
Spicy vegetable mix is characteristic with Maharashtrian cuisine for most occasions. Here is a recipe to make Veg Kolhapuri in typical Mahrashtrian style with thick and spicy gravy along with lot of vegetables. Great with naan or rice! - 127.594
Tasty Puran Poli
Scrumptious, mouthwatering and irresistibly delicious Maharashtrian Festive sweet - Puran Poli. It just melts in your mouth! - 127.362
Indian Dabeli Pao
Mumbai is famous for its roadside snacks and Indian dabeli pao simply rules the streets of western India. Watch this video to find out how you can have an Indian street snack party at your home in no time. It is a healthy and heart warming dish and can easily... - 122.736
Classic Poran Poli
Are you looking for simple way to make Puran Poli? This recipe is perfect for you. My friends love this traditional recipe .Puran Poli is a delicious flatbread South Indian dish. Puran Poli is a dessert served during auspicious occasions and during important... - 118.734
Indian Dahi Batata Puri
Another great snack from the subcontinent- Indian Dahi Batata Puri. This dish is famous all over Indian, but is know by different names. This video shows the popular Mumbai version. Watch it and enjoy, this classic snack at home. - 117.434
Maharashtrian Gram Flour Stew
Stews in Maharashtrian cuisine are made using different lentils or lentil flour every time with seasonings and vegetables. Watch Madhura showing how to make Pithla or Gram Flour Stew with some common vegetables and spices. Ideal to serve with bhakri or jowar... - 117.303
Maharashtrian Malvani Vade
Kombdi Vade is staple food of Malvan which is very popular in west coast in Maharashtra. Very flavorful, crispy and tastes fabulous with Chicken curry specially during rainy day. A must try delicacy! - 116.703
Puran Poli - Part 1: Preparing The Dough And Filling
Puran Poli is a traditional Maharashtrian dessert which is quite popular. It is specially prepared for the occasion of Marathi new year and holi. However, this dish is so delicious that you really do not have to wait for a special day to treat your family to... - 116.659
Maharashtrian Lentil Stew
Toor dal is a commonly used lentil across India including in Maharashtra. Here is a recipe by Madhura to make Varan or toor dal stew with a few vegetables, spices and tempering. Good to have with plain boiled rice! - 115.845
Maharashtrian Puran Poli
Scrumptious, mouthwatering and irresistibly delicious Maharashtrian Festive sweet. It just melts in your mouth! - 115.201
Spicy Sabudana Vada
If you love to munch on Indian snacks and want to reproduce the same taste in your kitchen, then here is another special choice of Indian snacks. The sabudana vada or tapioca balls are most popular in the city of Mumbai and around. Pair these snacks with hot... - 113.621
Aluchi Patal Bhaji (patra Leaves Gravy)
Essentially, you will find this Colacasia Leaves Gravy served in Maharashrian weddings in India. The gravy has a nice tangy, sweet and spicy flavor that just feels nice on the palate. Serve hot with rice and enjoy. And by the way, Madhura has done a good job... - 112.93
1. Grate khoya or mawa with grater and heat it up on a pan starting with medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
2. After khoya starts to lose out ghee from it, turn the heat off.
3. Into khoya add powdered sugar and yellow food color and mix... - 111.122
Nice and crispy fritters prepared with abundant of fresh Coriander Leaves. Here's the recipes that serves as a side dish or even with Garmagarm Chai in the evening. - 111.105
1. Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
2. Wash tindora very well and then cut its edges and cut that in to small coins.
3. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and onions and saute until onions turn translucent.
4. Then add ginger... - 111.065
Maharashtrian Toor Dal Amti
Simple Maharashtrian delicacy. Rice and Amti is a kind of must in many households in Maharashtra. It has a sweet, sour and spicy tastes. Tastes simply great! - 110.182
Bhakarwadi [healthier Version]
For the dough:
1. In a bowl sift the two flours together into and combine all the other dry ingredients.
2. Mix oil and water and knead into fairly hard and smooth dough.
3. Cover it and place aside to rest for 15-20 minutes.
For the... - 109.564
1. Mix 1 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup yogurt well.
2. In a pan heat oil and sizzle mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. Add grated ginger, finely chopped green chilies, curry leaves and turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
4. Add buttermilk in... - 109.403
Maharashtrian Goda Spice Mix
Maharashtrian cuisine is rich with varied spices, nuts and seasonings in most dishes. Here is the recipe to make a frequently used fragrant masala or spice mix called Maharashtrian Goda Masala using common Indian spices. Ideally used in curries! - 108.536
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F.
2. Rub eggplant very well with oil, place in an oven tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes from each side.
3. After the baingan is cooked, peel its skin off completely and... - 107.817
1. Take a cup of pumpkin puree in a microwave safe bowl, add grated jaggery (gul) and mix well.
2. Now put that in microwave and cook for 2 minutes over high power.
3. Now take the bowl out, mix and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Mix well adding... - 107.722
1. In a cooking pan mix together rava, ghee, milk, sugar and chopped nuts and cook over medium heat.
2. Continue to cook over medium high heat until mixture comes together like thick dough and starts to leave out this sides of pan.
3. Pour mixture in... - 106.675
1. Preheat oil in a microwave safe bowl for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. In hot oil mix well adding mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and sliced garlic.
3. Put the bowl in microwave, cook for 2 minutes and mix in raw peanuts.
4. Microwave... - 105.757
Basundi is very popular milk based Maharashtrian Dessert. This is prepared by boiling the milk till the time it reduces its half and this takes long time. This Instant Basundi is so easy and is ready withing 30 mts and tastes just yummmmy! There are several... - 104.643
Maharashtrian Orange Burfi
Orange Burfi is a popular dessert from Maharashtrain city of Nagpur. This is very easy to make and does not need any fancy ingredients. Can be prepared within 30 mts. Tastes super fabulous! - 103.065
Maharashtrian Spicy Matha
A very refreshing summer drink, is commonly prepared during wedding time. Good for digestion and very refreshing! - 100.527
Puran Poli - Part 2:assembling And Finalizing
Now since you have the dough and filling ready, this video will guide you to assemble and finalize the traditional Indian Puran Poli. You can choose to roast or fry the Poli after it is stuffed with the prepared dal filling called Puran. Watch the video and... - 97.1288
How To Cook Puran Poli
This video is a creation of Manjula. You can visit Manjula for complete recipes, and more videos. - 96.6657
Chewda ( Chuduva, A Snack ) Making Made Easier
Chivda makes such a delicious and easy family snack to be enjoyed with tea. There are so many varieties of chivda, but this recipe shows us how to make one of the most popular and loved version typically made in Maharashtrian homes, It is a spicy poha... - 82.8296
Healthy Puran Poli
Give your everyday breakfast a sweet twist with yummy puran polis. Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to prepare this yummy stuffed rotis in a snap. Just get your ingredients and measurements right and there's no stopping you from making perfect puran polis at home. - 80.8942
Shreekhand (yoghurt Sweet ) Making Made Easier
Ask a Maharashtrian what goes best with Puri or puran poli and the answer will undoubtedly be “Shrikhand.” Ask a Gujarati what should be the dessert in a traditional Gujarati Thali and the answer will be “Shrikhand.” Watch this video and learn how to... - 67.6858
Diwali Special Basundi - Maharashtrian Rabri
Basundi a very popular Indian dessert is made in Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka during the festive occasions of Dussehra, Diwali, Kali Chaudas and Bhaibeej.This creamy sweetened dense milk dessert is similar to the North Indian Rabri or Rabdi. It... - 50.9067
One of my all time favourite dish, perfect during rains.I enjoy it so much that i literally slurp it hot.The flavour of methi seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves along with curd surely tickles your taste buds.My grandmother make a tasty variation, Kadhi with... - 50.5016
Maharashtrian One Pot Rice
1) In a grinder, grind the garlic and ginger with a little water until pureed.
2) In a medium saucepan with lid, heat the oil or ghee, add mustard and cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
3) Stir in the curry leaves, then the onion and saute... - 48.8536
Maharashtrian Recipes By Category