- » Magyar
Magyar food belongs to the Magyars, an ethnic group in Hungary. The cuisine is predominantly non-vegetarian, with the inclusion of meat in most preparations. Magyar dishes are generally spicy, rich, and full of ... More »
1) In a large heavy pot, over low heat, cook bacon and lard for about 5 minutes until the bacon browns slightly.
2) Stir in onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in garlic and again cook the mixture for about 5 minutes more until the onion is... - 43.9559
Magyar's Gulyas New Potatoes
Cut the meat into 1-inch thick slices, remove all fat and cut slices into 1-inch cubes.
Peel and chop coarsely 3 lb. of onions.
Melt 1 oz. lard in a heavy casserole.
Add onions and cook over low heat until they are soft.
Stir in, off the heat, 3 tablespoons... - 43.3159
Veal Chops Magyar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. To prepare the chops coat them in 2 x 15 ml spoons/2 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. In a flameproof casserole dish, melt the butter and fry the chops until... - 42.1196
Skin the chicken(s), cut into pieces and thoroughly dry.
Melt the lard and butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces quickly on all sides.
Remove to an ovenproof casserole.
Peel and slice finely the onions.
Pour off half the fat in which the chicken... - 39.4576
A tasty sauce that is a staple in Hungarian cuisine. Good on vegetables, good on meats. Good as a dip. - 37.7393
Magyar Recipes By Category