- » Madrid
Madridfood refers to the collection of dishes and drinks consumed in Madrid, the capital city of Spain. The city cuisine is known for being a blend of various foreign influences, including those of Austiran, Galician ... More »
1. Soak the garbanzos over night.
2. Drain well.
3. In a muslin bag put all the garbanzos. Put the bag in a pot along with 6 ingredients.
4. Add water to cover.
5. Boil and then simmer for 5 hours on low heat.
6. Add chorizo.
7. Take... - 47.1478
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the rice, celery, onions, watercress, garlic, paprika, salt and thyme.
2) Stirring constantly sautÃ© for 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Cover, and simmer for 35 minutes, or until... - 44.4411
Madrid Style Kidneys
Peel and finely chop the onions.
Remove the pith, core and seeds from the pepper and cut into strips.
Crush the garlic.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion, pepper, garlic and bay leaf and fry for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle over the flour, stir... - 42.8333
Tripe Madrid Style
Simmer the tripe and feet together in salted water to cover for one and one half hours, or until both are tender.
Remove the feet with a slotted spoon, put them on a plate and separate the tender meat from the bones.
Return the meat to the saucepan with the... - 39.2925
1) Remove steak from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
2) For chuck or round steak, moisten the meat and sprinkle with instant unseasoned meat tenderizer as per the label directions.
3) All around the edge of the steak, make 3 inches... - 35.1966
1. Scrub the tongue thoroughly with a stiff brush and place in a large saucepan with boiling water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 3 hours.
2. Remove the tongue from the liquid, cut out roots, pull off skin, and place it in another large enamel or glass... - 32.8938
Heat butter in blazer pan over boiling water.
Add chili sauce, salt, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and flavors are blended.
Add marinated lobster meat - 30.1035
Madrid Chicken Salad
Place chicken, oranges, artichokes, onions and olives in medium bowl; toss lightly. Mix oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and ginger in small bowl; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. (At this point, salad can be refrigerated, covered, for several hours.) - 28.864
Putall the ingredients into a cocktail shakerwith ice.
Shake well, then strain intoa chilled sugar-frosted glass. (Wet the rim of the glass with sherry and dip into sugar.) - 25.401
Drain and flake lobster.
Combine with sherry and let stand for 30 minutes or longer. - 25.3319
Madrid Recipes By Category