Mackerel Pate is a food preparation that essentially belongs to the French cuisine. The main ingredients in Mackerel Pate recipes are smoked mackerel, sour cream, cottage cheese and black pepper. It is prepared by ... More »
1) Using a sharp knife skin the mackerel, removing the flesh off the bones (if filleted already, simple scrape off flesh)
2) Into a blender, add the fish and pulse to flake it
3) Then add the cottage cheese and lemon juice and sour cream... - 45.0588
1. Line a 1 lb. loaf tin with foil.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the fish or mash well with a fork.
3. Gradually combine the remaining ingredients gradually and mix until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and... - 40.5582
1) Discard the bread crusts, and break into pieces.
2) In a basin, place the bread pieces and pour in milk.
3) With a fork, mash the bread.
4) Discard the skin and bone from the mackerel. With a fork, flake the fish.
5) Scrub the lemon and... - 38.2369
1. Put the mackerel, margarine, orange juice, tomato puree, vinegar and seasonings into a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Put the pate into a serving dish and smooth the top evenly. Cut the pimentos into thin strips and arrange in a... - 36.1792
Put the flaked fish in a bowl with the garlic and lemon juice.
Mash well with a fork until the mackerel is finely broken up.
Work in the softened butter a little at a time.
Mix in the cheese to make a smooth, well-blended mixture.
Add horseradish and black... - 36.1496
Break up the mackerel fillets and put them in a blender with all the other ingredients except the cucumber.
Blend until smooth.
Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if necessary.
Chill the pate.
Arrange the cucumber slices overlapping in a circle on... - 35.5285
1) Take a bowl and add the mackerel, cheese, horseradish sauce, yogurt, lemon juice, tomato puree, and salt and pepper.
2) Blend well.
3) Refrigerate before serving.
4) Serve brown bread or toast fingers. - 33.7353
1. Remove and discard any remaining bones from the mackerel fillets and put the fish into a small bowl. Mash the fish with a fork and combine with the yogurt, parsley, and lemon juice and rind. Season to taste with pepper.
2. Divide the pate between 4... - 33.7182
1 Skin and flake the mackerel fillets.
Put the fish, lemon juice, cream cheese and melted butter in a blender and blend to a puree.
(Alternatively, mash the fillets with a fork and pass them through a sieve before blending them with the lemon juice, cream... - 33.0703
1) Use a liquidizer or a fork to puree the mackerel.
2) Slowly add all the other ingredients and mix well until smooth.
3) Turn this into a terrine and allow cooling.
4) Serve cold. - 31.1989
Puree the mackerel in a blender, or mash well with a fork.
Gradually add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, or mash the mackerel with the cream cheese and then add the other ingredients.
Turn into small ramekins and chill before serving. - 27.8967