- » Mackerel
Mackerel recipes are prepared from fishes which mostly thrive in the temperate and tropical seas and may or may not belong to the Scombridae family. While most mackerel species live offshore, ones like the Spanish ... More »
Korean Grilled Mackerel
Maangchi is grilling mackerel in two ways, one on the pan and other in the oven, so everyone can follow her recipe. If you have a mackerel and don’t want to sweat in the kitchen, then this recipe is for you. Along with the cooking method and recipe, she... - 122.814
Maangchi is making a delicious Korean fish recipe, Godeungeojorim with mackerel and radish in Korean seasoning. The seasoning is just a combination of few simple ingredients which every kitchen has. She make it in a pot and that is required is setting time... - 100.253
Homemade Ginataang Mackerel
For all those who think cooking fish or seafoods at home is not an easy job, should take a look at this ginataang mackerel recipe. Here the chef provides simple instructions to make mackerel with coco milk and basil. All said, but the video would have been... - 87.173
This video is in Japanese - 81.5222
Low-fat Smoked Mackerel Pate
If you love mackerel, then you will love this! A super fast, delicious Scandinavian style hors d'oeuvre. Horseradish gives a wonderfully warming heat to the smoked fish and creamy yogurt. Quite simply the easiest pâté you have ever made. Serve with... - 65.4803
Balinese Grilled Mackerel - Ikan Bumbu Bali
Ikan Bumbu Bali, as it is lovingly known by the people of Bali which is considered to be heaven on earth. It is a traditional Indonesian dish which is quite centric to their age old methods of cooking food, using a base of sauce and then cooking the meat into... - 52.669
Celeriac Remoulade With Warm Smoked Mackerel
To make the mayonnaise, put the egg yolk, mustards, sugar; salt and vinegar in a bowl and whisk with a balloon whisk until thick.
Slowly whisk in 2 tbsp olive oil before gradually adding the sunflower oil a little at a time, whisking well between each... - 47.3606
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic.
2) Slowly whisk in the oil in the vinegar mixture.
3) Stir in the parsley, chives, and tarragon.
4) Add the mackerel and toss gently.
5) Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
6) Add... - 46.1407
Mackerel With Vegetables
1) Clean the fish and sprinkle salt over it.
2) Let it sit for 10 minutes.
3) Rinse the fish and make it dry.
4) Make 2-3 cuts along the backbone in each mackerels.
5) Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
6) Cut all the vegetables in thin... - 45.6539
Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets
Does eating good food make you happy, why not try this extremely delicious recipe for Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets? Relatively simple, this Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets doesn't take much of your time, but leaves you with utmost satisfaction of having made... - 45.4025
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. In a baking pan place fish, add wine or apple juice, water, lemon, herbs, salt and pepper and cover with a lid or foil.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes such that the fish tests done.
4. Set... - 45.2642
Mackerel With Tomatoes
1) Clean mackerel and cut into fillet.
2) Wash fillets and dry with clean cloth. Dredge in seasoned flour, shake off the surplus.
3) Skin and chop onions finely.
4) Skin and crush garlic.
5) Clean and trim the mushrooms. Finely chop the... - 43.6202
Mackerel And Roe Broil
1. Prepare the mackerel for cooking by splitting and boning it.
2. On a greased broiler rack, place the mackerel with its skin side up.
3. Season the fish with salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Brush the fish with melted butter or some... - 43.15
Mackerel With Onions
Preheat oven to 350°.
In 10-12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
When hot, put in the chopped onions, the minced garlic, and the grated ginger.
Fry, stirring, for 7 to 8 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned and translucent.
Turn heat... - 42.8397
Put the shallots in a bowl with the butter.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Add the pear to the bowl and pour the lemon juice over.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Put the frozen spinach in a rectangular dish large enough to hold the... - 41.2984
Stuffed Baked Mackerel With Gooseberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4.
2) In a bowl, combine drained gooseberries, tartare sauce and potatoes.
3) Take each mackerel to fill with some of the potato mixture.
4) Wrap the fish with aluminum foil.
5) In a... - 41.2795
Charcoal Grilled Mackerel
Preheat grill; grease rack.
Remove fish heads and tails, if desired.
Rinse fish inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
Make 3 shallow diagonal cuts on each side of seasoned fish.
In a small bowl, combine lemon... - 40.8766
Lenten Mackerel is an easy to prepare side dish which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 39.953
Broiled Mackerel With Onion Slices
This is a surprisingly simple recipe for Broiled Mackerel with Onion Slices - unusually rich and delicious with flavors most of us like to savor. This Broiled Mackerel with Onion Slices is great accompaniment to meal or to serve for special occasions. - 39.8996
Add salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and vinegar to mackerels. Add about 1 cup water and boil the mackerels for about 10 mins.
Clean the mackerels well and mash. Finely chop the onions, tomato and green chillies.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the... - 39.704
Mackerel A La Kiev
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils well in advance.
2) In a large frying pan, place the mackrel and cover it with water.
3) Simmer and cook for 5 minutes or... - 39.3084
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Clean the fish, but on not remove the head and tail.
3) Sprinkle salt and pepper on both the sides of the fish.
4) Arrange the fish on a piece of foil, big enough to cover the entire fish.
5) Cover the... - 39.2369
Stuffed Mackerel En Chemise
Remove the heads from the mackerel and gut by slitting along the underside with a sharp knife.
With the flesh side down, press along the backbone using the thumb.
Turn the mackerel over and remove the backbone.
Wash the fish and dry well.
Spread the mustard... - 39.0515
Cut mackerel into 1-inch pieces.
Mix sauterne, celery salt, onion salt, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add mackerel.
Let stand for 20 minutes.
Flour mackerel lightly.
Heat equal parts bacon drippings and oil in deep fryer.
Fry mackerel until brown.
Serve... - 38.9959
Baked Stuffed Mackerel
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Season the inside and outside of fish with pepper and salt.
3. Heat 3 tbsp shortening, add mushrooms, parsley and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in mint and crumbs and add pepper and salt... - 38.8796
1) Clean, scrape and gut the fishes.
2) Slice them.
3) Make a paste of garlic, chillies, cumin seeds and ginger.
4) Mix paste with tamarind, salt and chilli powder. Coat the fishes with this mixture.
5) Now, take a pan and heat oil.... - 38.6981
Gut and clean the mackerel.
Remove the heads and fins but don't cut off the tails.
Place the mackerel, skin side down on a board.
Season and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Mix all the remaining ingredients together to form the stuffing.
Divide the stuffing... - 38.4223
Salt Mackerel Baked In Cream
1. Add mackerel to cold water and allow to soak for about 10 hours. Change the water twice.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
3. Drain the fish and keep aside.
4. Add paprika and pepper to flour and mix well. Dust mackerel with... - 38.388
Peel the onions and slice them into rings.
In a pot boil the vinegar, salt, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
Set aside to cool.
Wash, clean, fillet, and halve the mackerels.
Cut each piece in half again.
Dry them thoroughly.
Put the fillets into a glass... - 38.2893
Wash the mackerel fillets and pat dry carefully with kitchen paper.
Spread the butter or margarine over the fillets.
Place the crushed peppercorns on a sheet of greaseproof paper, then roll the mackerel in the peppercorns, ensuring that fillets are completely... - 38.2704
1. Using a knife, scale, trim and gut the fish. Completely remove gills and eyes. Wash and pat dry.
2. Apply melted butter on both sides. Season lightly.
3. If fish are very thick, using a knife make cuts across flesh on both sides.
4. Set the grill to... - 38.1883
1) Take a plate and arrange the lettuce leaves on it.
2) Drain the excess liquid from mackerel fillets and put them on the lettuce.
3) Mix the mayonnaise, capers, horseradish sauce and gherkins together and pour the mixture over the mackerel... - 37.6401
Wipe fish with damp cloth.
If using fillets, cut them into pieces about 4 inches long.
Combine oil, lemon juice, parsley, and basil.
Pour over fish; cover and chill for 1 hour, turning once or twice.
Lift fish from marinade and drain briefly (reserve... - 37.4568
Simmer your Court Bouillon as usual in a covered pan on a moderate heat for 1 hour.
Clean your fish (soft-roed, preferably) and cut off the heads.
Cut the large fish into 2 or 3 pieces; if they are small, leave them as they are.
Put them into the Court... - 37.1598
Hoi Smoked Mackerel Jackets
1) Set the microwave to HIGH and put the potatoes in cooking for 10 minutes.
2) Cut them longitudinally into two halves and scoop out the flesh until the potato shells are empty except for a rim of potato around the skin.
3) Set the grill to HIGH.
4)... - 37.1235
Mackerel With Gooseberries
Simmer a spiced and seasoned Court Bouillon preferably with white wine for 1 hour.
Leave the heads on the mackerel, and clean the fish by drawing out the livers, etc., through the top of the body so the fish remains whole.
Chop up a handful of green or not... - 36.7625
Clean, wash and keep the fish whole.
Grind togettier the remaining ingredients to a smooth paste with vinegar.
Slit the fish on one side and stuff with ground mixture.
Roll either in semolina or crumbs and shallow fry to a golden colour.
Serve hot. - 36.5199
Baked Stuffed Mackerel
1) In a small pan saute the onion in the melted butter and cook gently until soft; add the apple, breadcrumbs, lemon rind, salt and pepper and blend well.
2) Cut open the mackerel and place the stuffing in the centre, roll the fish; insert the... - 36.503
Combine mackerel, eggs, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, celery, green pepper and onion; mix well.
Pack mackerel mixture into 6-cup fish mold; chill for 3 hours.
Loosen edge of mold with knife; invert onto platter.
Place hot damp... - 36.283
Braised Mackerel With Preserved Vegetables
1. If using one large fish, discard the head and cut the body into 3 or 4 pieces; slash each piece. Slash small fish twice on each side.
2. Mix the soy sauce and sherry together, pour over the fish, cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours. Drain, reserving... - 36.2517
Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
Stir in the pineapple, red pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and salt and leave to cool.
When the stuffing is cool, use it to fill the cavities in the mackerel.
Secure the fish closed... - 36.2242
Broiled Mackerel With Onion Slices
1) Clean the mackerel but not split.
2) Rub the inside with salt.
3) With a sharp knife, make several slits on each side of the fish.
4) In each slit on the top side, place a slice of onion and a dot of butter.
5) Place fish in... - 36.1903
Baked Mackerel Parcels
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Put each fish on a large piece of tin foil on a baking tray and season inside and out with black pepper.
Slice the lemon, then cut each slice in half.
Place the lemon slices inside each fish with a couple of... - 35.5185
Chop onion, chillies and ginger.
Grind the rest of the ingredients to a paste.
Mix in 4 tblsps oil.
Spread half of the mixture in a baking dish, place macke el on top and spread the rest of the mixture on top.
Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes. - 35.413
Mackerel And Tomatoes
Cut the fish across into steaks, each about 1 1/2 inches thick.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over low heat.
Add the caraway seeds and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the mackerel steaks, then place the tomatoes on top of the fish.
Combine the vinegar,... - 34.6303
Smoked Mackerel Pasta
Slide the pasta into a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until just tender.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
Add the mushrooms, then continue to fry... - 34.0414
1. Put 25 g (1 oz) of the butter into an ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onion. Cover with cling film, pulling hack one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 3—4 minutes until the onion softens.
2.... - 33.9873
Mackerel Patties has a superb taste. The fish and vegetables give the Mackerel Patties a great taste. Mackerel Patties is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 33.4764
Miso Braised Mackerel
1) In a strainer lay the fillets and pour over boiling water.
2) In a pan with water, add sake then submerge the fillets and cook over medium heat until boiling; when the fillets are almost half cooked, add mirin,... - 33.4495
Mackerel Casserole has a tasty taste. The fish and onion gives the Mackerel Casserole a stupefying taste. Mackerel Casserole is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 33.399
Apple Baked Mackerel Stuffed With
1 Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2 Using a sharp knife remove the backbones from the fish without damaging the flesh. Open out the fish to form a pocket for the stuffing, and clean it thoroughly.
3 Make the stuffing. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan and saute... - 32.5581
Baked Mackerel has a fantastic taste. The mackerel and tomatoes give the Baked Mackerel a rousing taste. Baked Mackerel is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 32.5061
Lalmasala Bharela Bangra ( Red Chutney Stuffed Mackerel )
1. Grind the chutney masala with salt to taste.
2. Wash and clean the mackerels. Remove the gills and stomach dirt and wash the stomach portion without tearing the fish.
3. Apply salt and mix the fish in the turmeric and chilli powder. Stuff through the gill... - 32.4533
Mackerel With Gooseberries
Rinse and dry the mackerel fillets.
Season the oatmeal with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle over the mackerel.
Dot with butter and cook under a preheated medium grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
To make the sauce: Put all the ingredients in a saucepan.
Cover... - 32.1036
1. Preheat broiler ten minutes.
2. Split the mackerel, dust with flour, place skin side down in a greased baking pan and dot heavily with butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Broil the fish two to three inches from the source of the heat in a... - 31.5587
Fillet and skin fish; cut into 6 pieces.
Put fish into a baking dish.
Add vinegar, onion, spices, salt, and water.
Bake at 350Â°F 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve hot or cold. - 31.416
Sauteed Mackerel Meuniere
1. Melt butter to hot. Add fillets dipped in milk and then in flour to butter and sauté till either sides turn brown.
2. Transfer to a hot serving platter and season with parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Melt a little more butter and pour on... - 31.2844
Outer Banks Mackerel
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Clean, wash, and dry fish.
Sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
Place fish on a well-greased bake-and-serve platter, about 12 by 18 inches in size.
Stuff fish and brush with butter or margarine.
Bake in a moderate oven, 350°F.,... - 31.1541
Peel onions; slice into rings.
Boil vinegar, salt, peppercorns, and bay leaves in pot; set aside to cool.
Wash, clean, fillet, and halve mackerels; cut each piece in half again.
Put into glass pot; cover with onion rings.
Spread marinade on... - 31.1315
Grilled King Mackerel
Rinse fillets thoroughly in cold water; pat dry.
Grill over hot coals 10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Remove from grill, and keep warm.
Lightly toast bread slices on both sides.
Combine softened butter and lemon... - 30.3733
Place cleaned split mackerel on greased broiler, skin side up.
Season, place 4 inches under moderate broiler heat and broil 5 or 6 minutes.
Turn fish, brush with butter, add roe and bacon and continue cooking 5 minutes more; add tomatoes, turn roe and bacon,... - 30.081
Savory Broiled Mackerel
Prepare mackerel for broiling as in Broiled Medium Size Whole Fish.
Brush with sauce made by combining all remaining ingredients.
Broil about 12 min., avoiding too high heat, and brushing fish frequently with sauce.
Serve with remaining sauce. - 29.7538
Tasty delicious baked mackerel is an anytime treat for me. I just love the subtle blend of flavors and tastes that go to make it so very delicious. A easy and simple dish...just how I like to cook. - 29.3157
1. Preheat broiler ten minutes.
2. Split the mackerel, dust with flour, place skin side down in a greased baking pan and dot heavily with butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika
3. Broil the fish two to three inches from the source of the heat in a... - 27.7518
Mackerel With Olives
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.). Lightly grease the bottom of a shallow glass or earthenware baking dish with salad oil.
2. Stuff each mackerel with five or six green olives. Arrange the fish in the baking dish, sprinkle with a little more oil and with... - 27.3092
New England Baked Mackerel
Arrange mackerel in greased baking dish.
Cover with milk; dot with butter.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. - 26.6732
Mackerel And Mushrooms In Straw And Hay
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of fast boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes until al dente.
2. Drain the pasta and immediately mix in the oil. Stir in all the other ingredients; cover and let the flavours mingle in the warmth of the pasta. Allow to cool.
3. Just... - 26.4735
Vinegar Mackerel Salad
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes. Bring some water to the boil in another saucepan. Clean the mackerel and cut off their heads. Poach in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and remove the bones and skin. Cut the flesh into pieces.
2. Place... - 26.2276
Broiled Mackerel are yummy and addictive. For Fish lovers out there this delicious Broiled Mackerel will be simply irresistible. Try this recipe! - 25.7542
Boiled Salt Mackerel
1. Place the washed mackerel, skin side up, in a large pan and cover it with cold water. Let it soak overnight.
2. To serve, drain, place the fish in a saucepan and add the milk. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the fish to a warmed platter. Pour... - 25.6078
Clean the fish and take out the roes.
Stuff with the forcemeat and sew up the opening.
Put them with the roes into a fireproof dish.
Add the butter or dripping, dredge with flour, sprinkle well with salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 min., basting... - 25.2402
Fashion small boat-shaped container from aluminum foil; place mackerel in container.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice; coat generously with may- onnaise.
Broil about 8 inches from source of heat for 8 to 10 minutes. - 25.2035
Clean the fish, remove heads and fins, and cut in pieces.
Arrange the pieces in a fireproof pot, in alternative layers with rings of onion, and some thyme, bay leaves, sprigs of parsley and cloves.
Cover with mild or wine vinegar and water in equal... - 18.0385
This is a very fast way to cook mackerel. Get the freshest fish available. You can use dry thyme instead of fresh one. - 15.3909
Mackerel Recipes By Category