- » Low Sodium Appetizer
Low Sodium Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low sodium appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low sodium appetizer recipes.
Roasted Vegetable Soup
On hungry evenings, when your gut craves for something nice, nutritious and filling, roasted vegetable soup could be your ultimate dinner choice. In this video, the chef tells you how to prepare a pot of hearty, healthy veggie soup using roasted vegetables.... - 118.259
Homemade Potato Curry Focaccia
A wonderful, quick weeknight dinner alternative, this flavorful potato dish is satisfying to the hilt. Layers of potato topped with onion and focaccia is something that you can't miss. This video tells you how to whomp up this delicacy. It might take you some... - 113.97
Tony Caputo's Peaches And Tomato Salad
If you are on a salad diet these days, do not miss eating the peach and tomato salad with cheese. This incredible fruit and vegetable combination just tastes awesome with cheese, olive oil and pine nuts added to it. Feel the zing and the crunch by preparing... - 112.267
Low Fat Creamy Leek And Artichoke Soup
On the lookout for a healthy creamy soup recipe? Then this video is just the thing for you! Try this low fat recipe for a delicious leek and artichoke soup that is sure to put a smile on your face. Watch the video to know more! - 112.181
Chicken Tortellini Soup
Use a rotisserie chicken and ready made cheese tortellini to make this delicious soup. This is a Real Simple recipe. Great for a day when you have little time to cook or just want a delicious soup without going to much trouble. - 111.309
Quick Quinoa And Mango Salad
How about a quick healthy meal such as a salad! This salad will ensure you get all the good stuff, low sodium and is also gluten free. See the video for more on this recipe! - 110.622
Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
A super quick and easy, cheesy appetizer that is super delicious. Only requires 2 ingredients. Great if you need something at the last minute and don't have a lot of time. Adapted from Pinterest. - 109.967
Healthy Low Sodium Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is one of the healthiest, most delicious soups known to mankind, and there is a way to make this timeless classic even more yummy and healthy. Don't believe us? Then watch this video and get ready to get surprised! Learn to make the perfect... - 101.508
Ginger Almond Nori Rolls
If you enjoy Asian cuisine, you are going to love these Nori rolls. Enriched with the goodness of rice and vegetables, this dish makes for a healthy bite. Watch this video for more details! - 97.2933
Quick Chickpea Salad
Have you got a potluck party your going for? Need to plan and decide what to make, this is one dish - 92.7022
Creamy Zucchini & Squash Soup
1.Roughly Chop the onions, zucchini and squash and crush the garlic cloves.
2.In a deep container or Dutch oven heat oil on medium high and pour chicken broth, add onions, zucchini, garlic and cloves. Put the lid on and let it simmer for... - 89.2779
Wasabi Viniagrette Salad- Gardening By Cuisine
Salads rich with vegetables are always refreshing and delicious when tossed with flavors, here is a recipe to make one. Check out Patti Moreno making Wasabi Vinaigrette Salad using fresh lettuce leaves tossed with some other ingredients and wasabi. Naturally... - 88.0513
Low Sodium Bbq Pork Shoulder Rib
Hey, sodium-conscious peeps, check this out. Our chef here shows you how to make a low sodium barbecue using no sodium rub smoked with cherry wood. Luckily, I can eat salt, but if I shouldn't, then I would go for this dish. Mazel Tov! - 83.8128
Healthy Chicken Soup With Zucchini
For all the soup lovers, here's a great recipe that you must try. Watch fitness expert Anita Stone cook this Healthy Chicken Soup with Zucchini. This soup never fails to impress the guests. Watch the video now. - 83.1702
Bread With Mozzarella And Tomato Topping
As we go on a musical photo journey of the video, we see a delicious bite size appetizer Bread with Mozzarella and tomato topping. The preparation method looks pretty simple and there doesn't seem to a very hard and fast rule on the topping quantity. They... - 64.5409
Shelled Zucchini Soup
1) In a large saucepan or Dutch oven sautÃ© sausage and onion together. The meat should be cooked so that no pink remains.
2) Mix the next 9 ingredients.
3) Stir and bring to boil.
4) Cover and simmer slowly for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5) Mix the raw... - 48.7561
1.In a large Dutch oven, heat oil.
2. Add in pork and let brown over medium heat.
3. Drain the fat.
4. Add in onions, chicken broth, green pepper and seasonings.
5.Cook covered for 50 to 60 minutes over medium to low heat.
6.Add in corn, beans and... - 48.5839
Classic Eggplant Pizza
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Peel the eggplant. Slice it crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
3) In a glass baking dish, arrange the eggplant slices.
4) With lemon juice, sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices.
5) Let stand,... - 47.71
Stuffed Tofu Triangles
1) To prepare the marinade, in a shallow dish, combine the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, oil, and garlic. Keep aside.
2) To prepare the tofu filling, in a food processor, first combine the shrimp, 1/3 cup of scallions, water chestnuts,... - 47.2226
Thai Spring Rolls
Thai spring rolls are a favorite at parties or great for a picnic. They are delicious and simple to prepare once you know the proper way. Now you can learn to cook this dish at home using the online video. - 47.0627
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In cold water, wash the spinach well, removing the thick stems.
3) To a large pot, put the spinach along with the water left on leaves.
4) Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, until wilted.
5) Drain the spinach and... - 46.4576
Gazpacho With Lemon And Chives
1) In a blender container, pour the full contents of one of the tomato cans and only the juice from the other can.
2) The tomatoes in the second can, with the juice drained, should be diced and kept aside.
3) In the blender container, add all remaining... - 45.3534
Tomato Soup With Chicken Meatballs
1.Take a small mixing bowl, add chicken, 1 teaspoon parsely, 1 tablespoon onion and mix well. Make 6 meatballs with the mixture.
2.Take 1 quart microwavable casserole and mix together remaining celery, onion, oil and stir well to coat. Microwave... - 44.8698
1. Slice only the white portion of the leeks thinly
2. In a two litre casserole, melt butter/margarine for half a minute, add leek and onion to it and microwave for another three minutes till
3. Add celery, stock cubes potatoes and water, cover and... - 44.2741
A healthy salad with a fruit base that is truly different. A quick and easy stir fry provides the base for this sweet and sour pineapple salad. The Mexican delight is a treat fit for all occasions. Try this unique recipe and do let me know how it turned out... - 42.4472
Low-sodium Oriental Soup
In 2-quart casserole, combine turnips, carrots and garlic.
Microwave at High for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
Add remaining ingredients.
Microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until hot and lettuce is wilted, stirring after... - 41.9497
Prawn On Toast
A yummy snack fit for all occasions. This prawn on toast recipe is deep fried toast topped with prawn and sesame seed. A delicious appetizer you really would not where and how they disappeared. A sure hit prawn on toast is a wonderful choice for your party... - 40.6415
1.Remove the skin of bananas.
2.Cut the bananas in halves lengthwise.
3.Make a mixture of sesame seeds and cornstarch.
4.In a skillet, heat oil.
5.Once hot, dip the bananas in the sesame seed mixture and then fry in skillet until brown... - 38.0022
Chicken Clear Soup With Coriander And Lemon
A nutritious soup that is real easy to make. A healthy combination of ingredients the chicken clear soup is a complete meal in itself. Surprise your kids with a yummy chicken soup that they are sure to love. - 37.8109
Turkey Vegetable Black Bean Chili
1. In a 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add turkey and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up meat until crumbly, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer turkey to a plate.
2. Add onion and bell pepper, garlic, and chili powder to... - 37.5853
Turkey Mushroom Barley Soup
1. Drain the barley. In a glass measuring cup, combine the porcini and 1 cup water. Microwave on high power 1 minute.
2. In a 4- to 6-quart saucepot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms and cook... - 37.427
Celery Cheese Bites
1. Wash celery with water and lengthwise cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. Stuff each celery piece with cottage cheese and sprinkle paprika over the top.
3. Keep them in the refrigerator until chill.
4. Line a serving plate... - 36.7246
Chinese Corn And Peppers
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine peppers, onion, mushrooms, oil, and garlic; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
2. Add corn and stir to combine; cover and microwave on High for 1... - 36.1453
Watermelon Feta Salad
A tasty, healthy treat that is perfect to serve at your upcoming BBQ.
Nutrition (per 1.5 cups)
Calories: 146 Fat: 7g Carbs: 13g Fiber: 1.1g Sugars: 10g Protein: 10g - 35.5865
French Onion Soup Gratin
1. In a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Pour in wine, partially cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add broth and 4 cups water and simmer until onions are very... - 35.069
Spring Pea Soup
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine peas, onions, garlic, and broth. Bring to boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until onions are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Pour a third of the soup into a blender container, cover, and puree.... - 35.0554
Cold Blueberry Soup
1) In a blender container, put in about 2 cups of the blueberries, the pineapple and lemon juices and the vanilla extract and blend the mixture to a smooth mix.
2) Pour the mixture equally into 4 chilled bowls, with ice and set in to keep the soup very... - 34.9659
Chicken & Orange Quinoa Salad
This is a GREAT summer recipe! Perfect for your next BBQ. Its also great to make ahead and have in the fridge for lunch! - 34.8218
Low-sodium Manhattan Clam Chowder
1 ln a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
2 Add the potato, tomatoes, and water and bring to a boil. Lower... - 34.8194
Mashed Potato Soup
1. In a large saucepan, whisk together milk, broth, and 1 1/2 cups water. Over medium heat, whisk in potato flakes. Bring to boiling, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, whisking, 5 minutes longer.
2. Place bacon on a paper towel-lined... - 32.4327
Homemade Takeout Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Cut enough meat from chicken into large bite-size pieces to measure 3 cups. In a large saucepot, combine chicken, carrot, celery, and broth over medium heat. Bring to simmering and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook... - 31.4316
Buttery Garlic Bread
1. In a bowl, mix butter/margarine and garlic till soft and creamy
2. Cut thick slices of the bread, but do not cut all the way down to the bottom of the loaf and spread the garlic butter evenly between all the slices
3. Wrap the bread in waxed paper... - 30.9392
Low Sodium Cream Of Asparagus Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the flour and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Whisk in the stock. Stir in the asparagus, salt, and pepper and bring to a... - 30.4876
1. Preheat your micromate browning dish for four minutes
2. Add butter/margarine and steak, sprinkle with seasoned pepper, cover with kitchen paper and microwave for a minute and a half
3. Turn the steak over, sprinkle more seasoned... - 30.3158
Pineapple Shrimp Appetizers
Combine all ingredients except cucumbers in medium bowl.
Cut cucumbers in 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices.
Spoon heaping teaspoon of pineapple mixture on top of each slice.
Garnish with additional dill or minced green onion, if desired. - 29.5277
Cranberry Orange Skillet Stuffing
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine cranberries and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to boiling.
2. Stir in butter and orange zest, then stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve. - 28.4926
Low-sodium Oven Fried Fillets
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Lightly season fillets with pepper. Roll in bread crumbs. Place in lightly oiled baking dish and dot with margarine.
3. Bake 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. - 24.2696
Please watch video or for printable directions and ingredients visit our website at www.HowToExpo.com - 18.476
Black Bean Hummus
For written directions and ingredients and for many more recipes visit http://HowToExpo.com http://howtoexpo.com/recipes/black-bean-hummus - 15.4668
Perfect Summer Fruit Bowl
This dish comprises of a variety of fruits, served mixed with flavored yogurt. Many a times, a similar fruit bowl is prepared mixed with their own juices or a syrup. Different variations of the same fruit salad are served either as an appetizer or a dessert. - 0
Tomato And Melon Salad
I love tomatoes - they are ripe, juicy and fresh, perfect for the summer salad. At last the season has arrived, for filling my dinner plate with colorful dices of tomatoes. Here's one way I like to serve them - a simple salad which is a combination of sweet... - 0
Have you had your salad today? Eating salad almost every day may be one of the healthiest eating habits you can adopt and one of the simplest, experts say. Classic salads are timeless for a reason — they taste great! This is my take on the Waldrof Salad... - 0
Ceviche By Cooking For Bachelors Tv
This cool fish dish cooks in citrus juice in your refrigerator. There are so many options because ceviche can be made from any fish or shellfish. Choose any citrus, herbs and heat and make it your own. It's so easy. This video features Vietnamese Swai which... - 0
Green And Healthy Hara Bhara Kabab
These are green, tasty bites that is full of flavor and health. It has spinach and peas. Usually served as appetizers they can also be relished as snacks. - 0
Roasted Chicken, Watercress And Grapefruit Salad
Spicy cooked chicken, with watercress and grapefruit. This is a very tasty combination of crunchy, sweet sour and spicy. Other than being low in calories this salad also provides a lot of vitamins. - 0
Marinated Tomato And Mixed Herb Salad
This is a marinated salad and so the aroma and the flavor of the spices are soaked up by the tomatoes. It is very tasty and nutritious salad full of anti oxidants. - 0
Pork And Beef Meatballs With Tomato Dip
These meatballs are served as a kebab skewered on the kebab sticks. These are made from both pork and beef. It is very rich in proteins, It is for all the red meat fans. - 0
Onion, Sweet Potato And Coconut Pakodas
These pakodas are first fried in oil and then baked to perfection. A very good choice for appetizer, they also can be served as snacks with any dip of choice. - 0
Sweet Potato And Cauliflower Samosas
These samosas though not made in a traditional way has loads of flavor in it. With the mild sweetness from the sweet potatoes and cauliflower, it is also spicy. A good appetizer which can be served as a snack also. - 0
Mushroom And Spinach Bhajis
These pakodas are healthy with spinach and button mushrooms. They are perfect to be served as appetizers as well as snacks with dip. - 0
Steamed Chinese Duck Dumplings
These dumplings are healthy as they are steamed and so are comparatively low in fat. This recipe uses duck for the filling, the same can be done with vegetables or any other meat like chicken or beef too. - 0
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
Black Bean Soup
1. In a pan heat water to a boil, drop a cup of black beans into it. Add salt, stir lightly and bring it to a rapid boil.
2. Turn off the stove, cover the pan and allow it to soak for 1 - 2 hours.
3. Using a pressure cooker, boil the... - 0