- » Low Fat Tofu
Low Fat Tofu Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat tofu recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat tofu recipes.
The Best Vegan Chili
Chili is an American way of life, for the most part. You're probably thinking "But it has tofu not carne" But it is all in the spices and veggies!!! Oh, and the goodness of the tofu, that is texturally identical to ground meat. You can even fool the most... - 145.808
Tofu Pot Pie With Mashed Potato Topping
Tofu Pot pie is a reminder of grandma's kitchen. This tasty pie covered in mashed potato is great for dinner with a fresh salad and the leftovers make a satisfying lunch. - 137.673
Tofu And Vegetable Stir Fry In Black Bean Sauce
Like tofu? This is meant for you...fast and healthy...great for vegetarians. Chef MJ demonstrates a delicious and healthy way to use tofu in a black bean stir fry. It is low in calories and full of flavor. This stir-fry is the perfect way to enjoy the colors,... - 131.287
A great option for those who cannot eat eggs! A scramble made with tofu and spy sausage…a great recipe for vegans too! A healthy mix of onion, garlic, and bell peppers adds in the flavors too. Watch the recipe being prepared and try it out! - 128.874
Southern Fried Tofu In Gravy
For vegetarians here comes another great dish- Southern Fried Tofu in Gravy. Watch this video to see how you can deal with vegetarians who are not very fond of the veggie meals. They will like this for sure. - 128.599
Vegan Breakfast Tofu Scramble
Scrambled tofu is probably one of the most mundane vegan recipes there is. You probably roll your eyes when you see the obligatory breakfast option but for a new vegan it’s one of the most important dishes to learn. Not only is it a quick and easy and... - 126.309
Healthy Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse
There is no better time than dessert time! And imagine a chocolate dessert which is healthy!? Yes doesn’t is seem like an oxymoron? This recipe uses tofu to make a delicious mousse. Well that may be a little scary for a few, but this tasty dessert has a... - 118.115
Tofu Wrap For Breakfast
Why don't you try some variation for breakfast to make it more appetizing? EJ gives you creative choices to try something different in your kitchen. Try Tofu wrap for a different taste and surely you would love it. - 111.561
Macafoney And Cheese
A recipe that tackles the age old favorite, that makes every body fat, Macaroni and Cheese! But this version is a low fat version from the Fat to Skinny book. It is just as easy and quick to cook as a box or package of Mac and Cheese but a lot better for you... - 94.9985
Baked Tofu Cheesecake
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
2. To prepare the base, in a bowl cream butter or margarine and fruit spread together until smooth.
3. Add oats and flour and mix well.
4. Lightly oil the base of an 18 cm (7 in) spring... - 52.5559
Tofu Vegetable Saute
Prepare couscous as directed on package.
Place on plate.
Microwave at High for 4 to 5 minutes, or until defrosted.
Stir to break apart.
In 3-quart casserole, combine asparagus, tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and onions.
Set... - 50.5676
Open Face Vegewiches
Spray the rack of an unheated broiler pan with nonstick coating.
Cut tofu into eight 1/2-inch slices, then place on the rack.
Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes.
Turn and broil 1 to 2 minutes more or till light brown.
Top each tofu slice with... - 50.3419
1. In a shallow dish, marinate tofu in Black Magic Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a hot wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce and oil.
3. When the oil and sauce mixture begins to steam vigorously, add the marinated tofu, cabbage,... - 49.9786
Tofu Stir Fry With Ankake Sauce
1. Cut carrots, mouli, celery and spring onions into matchstick-sized pieces.
2. Cut tofu into bite sized pieces.
3. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil until sizzling.
4. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes over a high heat... - 49.8602
Tofu Mushroom Stuffed Baked Potatoes
1) Preheat oven to 425°F before baking.
2) Bake potatoes for 40-60 minutes in preheated oven.
3) Meanwhile, in a skillet, mix together onion, mushrooms and sage for the filling.
4) Cook, covered for 5 minutes over medium heat until... - 49.1524
1) Slice paprika into wedges.
2) Soften the diced potatoes by steaming or boiling for 15 minutes.
3) Take a 9- or 10-inch non-stick frying pan and cook potato, onion, and green pepper in 2-4 tablespoons water for 10 minutes until all... - 49.0728
Veggie Tofu Tacos
In a small bowl, combine the cheese and tofu.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the zucchini, onion, garlic, and chile pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the scallions, tomatoes, and... - 48.9561
Tofu Salad Sandwiches
Place tofu between two thick layers of paper towels.
Place between two plates and press down on the top plate.
Pour off the liquid.
Place pressed tofu and remaining ingredients except pitas, lettuce and mushrooms in a medium bowl.
Mix well, breaking up any... - 48.1497
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium flame.
3) Into the skillet, add in the tofu and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4) Add in the tomatoes,... - 47.9726
Grilled Barbecue Tofu Kebabs
Drain the tofu and place between double layers of paper towel in a colander over a bowl.
Place a small plate on the tofu and then place the 20-ounce can pineapple chunks on the plate and let stand for 30 minutes.
Cut the tofu into 24 cubes.
In a large bowl,... - 47.9417
Tofu And Onions Braised In Asian Barbecue Sauce With Noodles
This braised tofu and onion recipe with barbecue sauce and noodles makes a simple and filling meal. Prepared with chinese egg noodles or spaghetti, the noodles are cooked and served with braised tofu and tossed in barbecue sauce prepared with a mix of oyster... - 47.3208
Tofu Mozzarella Manicotti
Cook pasta shells in boiling salted water according to package directions.
Rinse in cold water; drain.
Cook mushrooms and onion in hot oil till tender, Add parsley, basil, salt, paprika, and dash pepper.
Remove from heat; cool.
Combine eggs, tofu, Parmesan... - 46.9097
Tofu En Salsa Verde With Adzuki Beans
1. In a saucepan with 1/2 inches deep water place husked tomatillos.
2. Boil and reduce the heat. Keep the pot covered.
3. Cook for 10 minutes till the tomatillos are tender. Drain the excess water and col.
4. In a blender blend onion, garlic,... - 46.8109
In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring the tomato juice to a boil.
Stir in the bulgur.
Fluff with a fork.
Cover, remove from the heat, and set aside for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions, carrots and green... - 46.7929
Fried Rice With Grilled Tofu
Fried rice with grilled tofu is a simple and delicious recipe for rice. Prepared with the flavors of soy sauce, hoisin sauce and spiced with chili paste and a hint of orange, the rice is served with grilled tofu and cooked vegetables. - 46.5301
Greek Stew With Potatoes, Tomatoes Pepper And Tofu
1. Slice tofu into cubes.
2. In a bowl pour lemon juice and place the cubed tofu in the juice to marinate well.
3. Steam potatoes for 20 minutes till they are tender.
4. In anther cooking pan add olive oil. Heat.
5. Add garlic and onions. Saute for 5... - 46.2876
Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
Spray a 9-inch pie pan with vegetable oil spray and add crushed shredded wheat biscuits evenly to bottom of pan.
In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil at medium setting.
Add onion and saute, stirring frequently, until onion is... - 46.2817
1. In a medium-size saucepan, add gelatin to water and leave to soften for 5 minutes.
2. To the softened gelatin, add skim milk and honey.
3. Place pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves... - 45.7162
Tofu Shish Kebab With Soy Ginger Glaze
Bring soy sauce, ginger, honey, rice vinegar, water and sherry to boil in medium-size saucepan.
Add tofu cubes, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Remove tofu and set aside.
Allow soy sauce mixture to cool.
Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cooled soy... - 45.6286
Pork And Tofu Stir Fry
Slice pork into thin 1-inch strips.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for marinade; add sliced pork and toss to coat.
In another bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce; stir to blend and set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large, nonstick... - 44.6668
Bulgur Wheat, Peppers And Tofu
In a small bowl combine bulgur and enough cold water to cover.
Let stand for 45 minutes or until tender.
Into a fine sieve place bulgur.
Press to remove as much moisture as possible.
In a large skillet over medium heat melt margarine.
Saute for 30... - 44.3506
Spicy Tofu With Eggplant And Mushrooms
Spicy tofu recipe with eggplants and mushrooms has a delicious and flavorful blend of flavors. Cooked with vegtable stock with rice wine, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch with gibger root and onions, the eggplants and mushrooms are skillet cooked and... - 44.1525
1.Take a bowl, put firm tofu, red apples, celery, raisins, and walnuts in it.
2.Blend silken tofu with sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic, gomasio and pepper in a blender until purees.
3.Pour the dressing on the bowl ingredients and toss... - 43.3474
Cheese And Tofu Stuffed Shells
Cook the shells in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 12 minutes.
Drain well and place in a single layer on a tray.
In a medium bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, tofu, parsley, tarragon, oregano, pepper, and nutmeg.
Add 1/4 cup of the... - 42.5778
Tofu Zugghini Stroganoff
Wrap tofu in several layers of cheesecloth or paper towels; press lightly to remove excess moisture.
Remove cheesecloth; cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add tofu;... - 42.4749
Combine first 11 ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir with a wire whisk until blended.
Cut each tofu cake crosswise into 4 slices.
Place tofu slices in soy sauce mixture, and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with... - 41.9636
Scalloped Potatoes With Tofu
1. Pre heat an oven and set it to 400°F .
2. Take a bowl and prepare the potato mix by following the instructions given on the package.
3. Add the tofu to the mix and stir thoroughly to blend it.
4. Take a casserole of 2-quart size and... - 40.5302
Stir Fried Vegetables And Tofu
1. Heat the oil in a wok or skillet. Stir in the garlic, gingerroot and red pepper flakes. Add the celery, red pepper, broccoli and green onions.
2. Stir-fry over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are coated with oil. Add the tofu.
3.... - 40.4292
Tofu Stir Fry
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, heat oil in large skillet. Add broccoli, carrot, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
3. Combine teriyaki sauce, orange juice, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and pepper sauce in... - 40.045
Thai Noodles And Vegetables With Tofu
1. Drain the tofu well and cut into cubes. Put into a shallow dish with the soy sauce and lime rind. Stir well to coat and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put the lemon grass and chilli on a chopping board and bruise with the side of a large... - 39.2119
Zesty Lemon Sauce
1. In a liquidizer or food processor jar combine the buttermilk and tofu.
2. Blend on a low speed until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
3. Add lemon juice and rind, tahini, tamari and mustard.
4. Process until well blended.
5. Use the... - 39.1489
Eggplant Tofu Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise, place them cut side down on the sheet and bake 40 minutes, or until completely soft.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium-size nonstick... - 38.8537
Creamy Tofu Sauce
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Stir in the flour and sautÃ© for 2 to 3 minutes until the flour begins to froth.
3. Gradually pour in stock, stirring constantly to remove lumps and form a smooth sauce.
4. Cook over... - 38.7182
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Looking for a vegan chocolate mousse recipe? Here is a great recipe to satisfy your chocolate craving without leaving you feeling guilty of the indulgence. Don’t judge it till you try it… So go ahead and whip it up! - 38.4003
Bean And Tofu Jambalaya
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute until tender.
Add tomatoes and next 11 ingredients; stir well.
Bring mixture to a boil; stir in rice.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 38.3942
Peanut And Tofu Filled Pineapple Boats
Cut pineapple lengthwise through stem.
With a grapefruit knife, cut around edge of each half, leaving sides about 1/2 inch thick.
Lift out fruit, cut away core, and cut fruit in 3/4-inch cubes to make about 2 cups.
Just before serving, drain... - 38.3626
In a blender, process the tofu, juice concentrate, honey and almond extract until very smooth.
Drain the apricots and reserve the juice for another use.
Cut each apricot half into 2 or 3 pieces.
Spoon a few tablespoons of the tofu mixture into the bottoms of... - 37.0584
Stir Fried Broccoli And Bean Curd In Oyster Sauce
1 Cut off florets from broccoli stems. Discard tough ends and cut wide stems in half lengthwise. Cut in 3/4 inch (2 cm) pieces diagonally. Parboil broccoli in a large quantity of salted water 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse broccoli under cold running water.... - 36.6344
Ruby Tofu Dressing
1. In a blender, process lemon juice, oil, tamari and garlic until smooth.
2. Add 1/2 of the tofu and blend on low speed until smooth.
3. Add rest of the tofu and pepper; process on low speed until smooth.
4. Use for dressing green salads, or... - 36.5521
Stuffed Bean Curd
1 Cut bean cufd cakes in half. Make a pocket in each half to contain filling, taking care not to break bean curd. In a bowl, combine filling ingredients. Stuff bean curd carefully with this mixture. Place bean curd in a shallow heatproof dish and steam for... - 35.8537
1) Take a blender container and combine all ingredients in it.
2) Process the ingredients for about 30 seconds.
3) Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill for several hours.
4) Place Tofu Dip in a bowl and serve with raw vegetables, if... - 35.5562
Bean Curd And Potato Roses
1 Combine potato, bean curd, green onions, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Halve mixture and shape each half into a roll, 4 inches (10 cm) long.
2 Arrange spring roll wrappers with one corner towards you. Brush edges with cold water or egg white. Place one... - 35.2246
Tofu Carrot Sandwiches
1. Bring a medium-size saucepan of water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook about 15 minutes, or until tender; drain and set aside to cool.
2. Combine the carrots, tofu, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender, and process until... - 34.6155
Frittata With Greens And Tofu
1. If using fresh greens, place them in a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 cup water; cover and cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, or until tender. Uncover the skillet and cook until the moisture evaporates. Transfer the greens to a large bowl; you... - 33.771
Tofu Banana Peanut Spread
1. In a food processor or liqidizer jar, combine all ingredients.
2. Blend on low speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the container occassionally.
3. Empty into a jar or bottle and refrigerate until required.
4. Spread over bread to... - 33.5715
Whipped Tofu Cream
1) In a bowl, add all the ingredients and blend thoroughly.
2) Place the bowl inside refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
3) Use this frosting as the non-dairy topping for cakes, pies and puddings. - 31.9709
Bean Threads With Tofu And Vegetables
1. Place tofu on shallow plate; drizzle with oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce.
2. Combine broth and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce in deep skillet or large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat. Add bean threads; simmer, uncovered, 7... - 31.9048
Spinach And Tomato Tofu Toss
1. Spray large; nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tofu, soy sauce and black pepper to skillet; toss until well combined. Cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until... - 31.8019
Dijon Tofu Sandwiches
In a medium mixing bowl use a fork to mash tofu. Stir in cheese, mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, and garlic salt; mix well. Spread tofu mixture on each bagel or English muffin half. Place on a baking sheet.
Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 4... - 31.7094
In a food processor or blender, process tofu, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and lemon juice until mixed.
With machine still running, add oil very slowly and then add water.
Blend until smooth.
Stop the machine a few times during processing and scrape the... - 31.3394
Low-fat Hollandaise Sauce
Low-Fat Hollandaise Sauce is best when serves as soon as it is prepared over fresh vegetables or asparagus. You can add more honey if you want the Low-Fat Hollandaise Sauce to taste more sweeter. Enjoy having it! - 29.0445
Stir Fried Bean Curd With Szechuan Sauce
1 Heat oil in a wok. Add salt, white of green onions and bean curd cubes. Stir-fry gently to heat through.
2 Add Szechuan Sauce and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in green onion tops and serve. - 27.7152