- » Low Fat Rice
Low Fat Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat rice recipes.
Enjoy this light, colorful and super-tasty dish, great for a dinner with friends: the vegetarian paella! - 137.553
Indian Peas Pulao
Want to serve an Indian delicacy today? Give this Indian Peas Pulao a try. The dish is a superb blend of ingredients that impart this dish a distinct flavor. This recipe is just too good to be missed. - 128.611
Healthy Lamb And Brown Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
This really is a recipe that’s greater than the sum of its parts. You will love the way the flavors seep deep into the soft, sweet flesh of the squash. What a great cold weather meal. This healthy stuffed acorn squash recipe is an example of an edible... - 128.566
Ginger Pork And Rice Stir Fry
Fresh ginger lends a pungent spiciness to tender pork. This healthy recipe for stir fry pork with ginger & scallions is a quick, easy and tasty way to use up leftover odds and ends in your veggie crisper with a nice zing to it. This recipe is heart healthy... - 126.075
If you are looking for healthy and wholesome breakfast ideas, try making these aapams. Are they dosas? No, aapams are like dosas but are so light and spongy that you can eat a plate full of them. This video shows how to make appams from scratch. The most... - 126.005
Homemade Soft And Spongy Idli
An all time classic breakfast item - "Idli". Now if u happen to be a South Indian you will already know the ratio of ingredients but what makes these steamed rice cakes different and spongy soft ones you get at restaurants, that just melt in your mouth?... - 124.839
Minced Pork & Carrots Rice
I call this recipe: The Easy Lazy Rice Dish, because it really is a simply meal can be done with a little effort and time. - 124.567
Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-fry With Brown Rice
In this recipe, Chef Steven Binks shows you how to make a healthy Orange Chicken stir-fry served over brown rice. In only 20 minutes, this heart-healthy chicken recipe is ready to go and on the dinner table! No peanut oil, no corn starch or high sodium stock.... - 124.216
Cashew And Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf
If you are trying to eat healthy, low fat, whole grain foods, this is one recipe that must be on your “healthiest rice recipe" repertoire after being on your "tastiest rice recipe" list! Wild rice marries with cashews and dried cranberries in an updated... - 123.92
Easy Homemade Jambalaya
This one-pot New Orleans favorite is something which you shouldn't miss. Very easy to prepare, 'jambalaya' translates itself into a mix of rice and whatever meat is on hand. Ryan Karcher uses chicken to fix a quick jambalaya. Requires not more than an hour to... - 122.159
Brown Rice And Lentil Dosa / Adai
South Indians on a low-carb diet need not give up their favorite dosa. You can substitute with this protein and iron rich Adai dosa recipe. This crispy crepe made with a combination of lentils and brown rice is a popular breakfast and snack dish in Tamil Nadu... - 114.681
Nigiri Zushi (hand Formed Sushi)
1. Cook sushi rice and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix water and rice vinegar, just to wet your hand while rolling sushi, and to avoid rice from sticking.
3. Clump rice from bowl just enough to fit your palm, and roll to give it a... - 114.618
Indian Masoor Dal Khichdi
If you want to make a quick nutritious meal, then khichdi is always the best choice. It is made of Whole Masoor dal which is rich in protein. To make this dish more nutritious, add mixed veggies of your choice.This is also healthier and tastier dish that can... - 114.114
Cooking Tip - Rice
How I cook rice using the microwave rice cooker from Pampered Chef. - 114.012
Specialty Sushi Roll Rice Base
1. Cut nori sheet into half.
2. Place a bamboo mat on counter top, and lay saran wrap on it.
3. Put rice on saran wrap.
4. In a bowl, mix water and rice vinegar. Wet your hands with the mixture, and gently pat rice to spread evenly. Do not smash the... - 111.41
Green Pea Stew With Rice
Home food like this green pea stew with rice always emphasize on simple cooking and subtle flavors and this the only reason we eat it everyday and still crave for more each day. Watch the video to see how quick and easy it is to prepare this and satiate your... - 108.979
Sushi Roll Rice Base
1. Cut nori sheet into half.
2. Lay saran wrap on top of the bamboo mat.
3. Pat and spread sushi rice gently and evenly on top of sheet.
4. Put nori right on the top of rice.
5. Top it with your favorite filling, roll, cut into slices and... - 108.953
Homemade Brown Rice Cereal
Is your baby getting ready to start solid food? Want to save money and offer your little one homemade brown rice cereal that tastes better and costs a lot less than anything you could buy in a box? Packed with fiber and tons of nutrients, this homemade brown... - 107.791
Classic Japanese Seven Herb Rice Porridge
After the rich indulgence of the holiday season one find one’s self craving simpler fair. This is probably why the Japanese follow the tradition of eating nanakusa-gayu (seven-herb rice soup), on January 7th , of each year. The soup is a variation of a... - 105.348
Healthy Rice Crispies
Try this very easy and delicious recipe to make some rice crispies. You will love the anytime snack. The best part is that crispies are so easy to make. Watch the college chef prepare them for you. Enjoy!! - 94.4772
Hippy Gourmet Makes Veggie Sushi
Are you looking for a vegan variation for the traditional sushi? watch this video to get some great ideas of how you can prepare the delicacy with vegetables. This one is a must watch. - 93.4422
Fond of Spanish food? This Jambalaya is a must try for you. Watch fitness expert prepare this Spanish Jambalaya the healthy way, we bet your family will love it. - 80.7747
Tamil Curd Rice
Ask a South Indian what he would like to have on a hot and muggy day and the answer undoubtedly will be “Curd Rice.” This is a comfort food during the hot summer months when everyone craves for eat something cooling, light and nutritious. Serve it cold... - 80.1387
Ready To Eat Wholegrain Rice
Are you one of those people who are strapped for time and prefer to use ready rice out of bags? Well this is one recipe that will change your life! Not only do you save time and money, you can eat healthy. You can cook wholegrain rice, pack and freeze them so... - 76.5829
Want to try out some Indian delicacy, here is a traditional sweet dish popular in Southern India. Check out Kalyan getting ready to make Sakkari Pongal the traditional festive preparation of Tamil Nadu made during the harvest season. Watch the following video... - 75.0297
Sakkarai Pongal 6
With the lentils and rice boiling for a while it is time to check the doneness and proceed. Check out chef Kalyan adding sweetness using jaggery and sugar into the rice and lentil mixture. Watch the following video to know the finishing details. - 74.7149
Sakkarai Pongal 5
With the lentils and rice begun cooking it is time to get it seasoned. Check out chef Kalyan mixing ground spices with the rice and lentils boiling with sugar and jaggery . Watch the following video to know the finishing details. - 74.3273
Sakkarai Pongal 8
With the lentils and rice cooking well with flavor is time to get it finished. Check out chef Kalyan garnishing the lentils and rice cooking with jaggery and sugar with roasted nuts. Watch the following video to know the finishing details. - 74.2808
Sakkarai Pongal 4
With the ingredients ready to cook the pongal, it is time to begin cooking. Check out Kalyan cooking the lentils and rice in a stock pot with water. Check out the following video to know the following steps. - 74.1096
Sakkarai Pongal 3
Being ready to make the pongal it is time to prepare the other ingredients. Check out Kalyan roasting lentils and rice and grinding some spices to make the pongal. Watch the following video for the next steps. - 74.0389
Sakkarai Pongal 7
The pongal is ready in a typical vegan fashion eliminating the addition of milk unlike the conventional recipe. Check out Kalyan suggesting the inclusion of soy milk in the dish in place of the normal milk. - 73.8741
Sakkarai Pongal 2
Once ready, it is time to get to cooking the dish. Check out Kalyan heating some vegetable fat on the stove to begin with the preparation. Watch the following video to know the following steps. - 73.7558
Lamb Kofta With Rice, Labneh And Fattoush
The Lamb kofta served with Calcutta rice and Mediterranean salad is a true gastronomic adventure. Cooked in a combination of spices and ingredients , the dish is a great way to indulge in absolutely divine tastes and flavors. - 52.5116
Artichoke Tomato And Mushroom Risotto
Risotto is always a delight for me because its was the special dish my mom use to make. Long time back when I was a kid I get to eat Artichoke tomato and Mushroom Risotto only when there is party at home. At that time it was a party dish as it contains exotic... - 52.401
Mushroom Rice Salad
1. Drain mushrooms and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, cook rice as directed on package.
3. Let it cool down.
4. In a large bowl, place cooked rice and add onions, celery and pepper.
5. Add the drained mushrooms, sugar, salt, mustard,... - 51.1498
Brown Rice Bread
1. Coat a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpan with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. In a small saucepan scald milk, add margarine, honey and salt, stirring until margarine melts.
4. Let mixture cool to 105° to 115°.
5. In a large bowl... - 50.8848
Chicken, Bean, And Rice Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take an 8-by-12-inch non-stick pan and combine parsley and rice in it.
3) Take a saucepan and mix broth, flour, salt, milk and pepper in it. Cook to form white sauce.
4) Add beans, chicken and mushrooms to... - 50.8144
Rice And Cheese Pie
Start by making the pastry.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.
In a saucepan bring the olive oil, 125 ml (4 fl oz) water and the salt to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Beat the flour into the liquid, little by little, to make a pliable... - 50.4981
Baked Mixed Vegetable Biryani
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Dissolve the saffron in the lemon juice.
Stir the saffron-lemon juice mixture into the cooked rice.
Heat the water or broth in a skillet over medium heat.
Add cumin, cayenne, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow summer squash, onion,... - 50.4657
Havana Beans With Rice
For the beans, heat the water, broth, or wine in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and green pepper.
Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and black pepper.
Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
Add the beans, cover, and simmer for 20... - 50.4003
Vegetable And Brown Rice Bake
In food processor or blender bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, buttermilk, basil and marjoram.
Process until smooth.
In 1-quart casserole, layer one-half the rice.
Top with one-half the zucchini, one-half the tomato and one-half the... - 50.1507
Rice With Pears
1. In a medium saucepan, place rice and water; bring it to boil.
2. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 30- 40 minutes until the water is absorbed.
3. In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© cabbage, carrots, celery and onions... - 50.0498
Wild Rice Salad
1.In a pan, put 225- 300ml water and let it boil.
2.Add rice and let it simmer for 35- 40 minutes with the lid on.
3.Once done, drain.
4.Take a screw top jar and put sunflower oil, orange, apple juice, fresh root ginger, shoyu and pepper in it and... - 50.0191
1. In a shallow dish, marinate tofu in Black Magic Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a hot wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce and oil.
3. When the oil and sauce mixture begins to steam vigorously, add the marinated tofu, cabbage,... - 49.9786
Japanese Beef Teriyaki With Sticky Rice
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, put together all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Add in the steaks and rub with the marinade.
3. Let the steaks marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight; occasionally turn the... - 49.9218
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a large pot add stock or water and bring to boil.
3) Mix rice and salt.
4) Decrease heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 45 minutes..
5) Cook until the water evaporates.
6) With a... - 49.8286
Glorified Rice Pudding
In medium mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt.
Blend in milk.
Stir in pineapple juice.
Microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and translucent, stirring 3 times.
In custard cup, beat egg... - 49.7705
Nasikunyit Malay Turmeric Glutinous Rice
1.Grate coconut in water and then stir well to dissolve.
2.Stir in rice and let them soak for 30 minutes.
3.Add turmeric and peppercorns and leave.
4.Heat the rice with soaking water until boiled.
5.Put the lid on and simmer for 30... - 49.7631
Saffron Risotto With Vegetables
The frangrant dish of saffron Risotto with vegetables is surely a gastranomical treat for your tastebuds. Aroma of saffron makes the dish irresistible and tangy orange gives a zest to saffron Risotto with vegetables. Its helathy too so indulge into eating it... - 49.6677
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
In 4-cup measure, combine evaporated milk, milk and butter.
Microwave at High for 2 1/2 minutes.
In 2-quart casserole, combine sugar, raisins, eggs, salt and vanilla.
Blend hot milk mixture slowly into egg mixture.
Stir in rice.
Microwave at High... - 49.6118
Red Beans And Rice With Worcestershire Sauce
In 5-quart casserole, comPine all ingredients, except tomato sauce, vinegar and rice.
Microwave at High for 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours, or until beans are tender, stirring gently after every... - 49.5203
Red And Wild Rice Salad
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Add rice while stirring continuously.
3. Cover the pot and lower the heat. Simmer for 45 minutes so that the rice is cooked.
4. Check if rice is cooked. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes more so that excess... - 49.4883
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cover the rice with cold water and stir with your fingers until the water becomes cloudy.
Carefully pour off the water, reserving the rice.
Repeat 2 or 3 times, until the water is almost clear.
Cover with... - 49.1207
Chicken Curry Rice
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take a 2 1/2 quart casserole and arrange chicken in it.
3) Bake, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes.
4) Reduce temperature to 375° F.
5) Add tomatoes and stir to break them up.
6) Add all the remaining... - 49.1189
Simmer 3 1/2 cups of the broth in a small saucepan over low heat.
Heat the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook and stir for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Add... - 48.9649
Raisin And Rice Pudding
1) In a saucepan, add water to bring a boil over high heat.
2) Add rice to the boiling water.
3) Reduce heat and simmer this for another 30 minutes.
4) Add milk and raisins to the rice.
5) Increase heat and again allow this to boil.
6) Again reduce... - 48.9138
Fricassee Of Giblets
1) Buy gizzards, necks, wings, feet and livers.
2) Wash them thoroughly and remove heavy skin from feet.
3) Take a saucepan and heat chicken fat in it. Add onions and cook until golden brown in color.
4) Add giblets and cook for about 5... - 48.8085
1.In a large saucepan, heat oil and cook onions in it for 4-5 minutes by frying.
2.Stir in lemon rind and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3.Stir in rice and one cup (250ml) boiling water.
4.Mix well and let it boil.
Cook further without covering until... - 48.7826
Norwegian Rice Cream
1. In a saucepan add rice and milk.
2. Boil the mixture, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently. Cook until thick.
3. In a small pan dissolve agar in orange juice.
4. Bring to boil and add the cooked rice.
5. Peel apple and grate it.
6. Add... - 48.6157
Vegetable Pimento Risotto
Arrange peas and carrot in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Cover and steam 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Combine 2 1/2 cups broth and wine in a medium saucepan; place over medium heat.
Bring to a simmer; cover, reduce heat, and... - 48.5021
Sweet And Sour Turkey Breast
In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
Stir in the rice.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then... - 48.475
Black Beans And Rice
1. In a 3- quart skillet or casserole, heat the oil over moderate flame.
2. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook, stirring until the onions are limp.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and season according to taste, sautéing for a few minutes until... - 48.3685
Turkey Wild Rice Paprikash
Prepare wild rice.
Stir in almonds.
In 2-quart casserole, combine onion, butter-flavored mix, white wine, paprika and pepper.
Microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring after half the time.
Add turkey cutlets,... - 48.2843
Skinny Spanish Rice
1) In a heavy skillet melt margarine and sauté onion.
2) Add rice, green pepper, celery, chili powder, canned tomatoes, and salt.
3) Stir in water and boil the mixture.
4) Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 20 minutes till rice is cooked.
5) Add... - 48.2728
Coconut Red Beans And Rice
Rinse and sort through beans.
In a deep 3 1/2- to 4-quart pan, bring the 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and... - 48.2474
Creamy Spinach And Brown Rice
Cook and stir mushrooms and leek in margarine in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until leek is tender.
Add milk and brown rice.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover; simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender,... - 48.2014
Chicken Soup With Rice
This chicken soup with rice reciepe is a delicious and homely soup that can be served as a simple yet full meal. Made filling with rice and vegetables like celery, onions and carrots, the chicken soup is flavored with thyme and sage and a hint of savory, the... - 48.1554
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine together rice, beef, onion, green pepper, salt, egg and pepper in it. Mix nicely together.
3) Shape the mixture into 8 meatballs.
4) Place the meatballs in a 13-by-9-by-2-inch... - 48.0666
Breakfast Rice Pudding
In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to low.
Add the rice, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
Stir in the cinnamon.
Remove from the heat,... - 47.9473
Garlic Rice And Pasta
In 3-quart casserole, combine margarine, rice and spaghetti.
Microwave at High for 4 to 7 minutes, or until spaghetti is golden brown, stirring after first 2 minutes, then after every minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley.
Microwave at... - 47.9277
Teriyaki Pork And Rice Bowls
1.Cut away visible fat from meat.
2.Make thin slices of the pork.
3.In a small saucepan, add the onions and heat, put in soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger and teriyaki sauce.
4.Coat grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5... - 47.8768
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
1) Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2) In a bowl, combine milk, honey, egg whites, cinnamon, and vanilla.
3) Beat until smooth and then stir in rice, raisin, and dates.
4) In custard cups, spoon the mixture and sprinkle nutmegs on top.
5)... - 47.8452
In 2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave for 45 to 55 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Remove bay... - 47.7888
Creole Red Beans And Brown Rice
1. In a large pot, cover the dried beans with water, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until they are tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper,... - 47.7888
Tomato Rice Soup
In 2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except peas.
Microwave at High for 10 minutes.
Microwave at High for 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until carrot is tender.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. - 47.7829
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add and sauté garlic until lightly browned
4. Add onions and rice and sauté for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
5. Add... - 47.7611
Wild Rice With Artichokes
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a strainer held under running water, wash the wild rice. Drain and set aside.
3) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium flame.
4) Add in the drained rice. Cook stirring frequently.... - 47.7463
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in the rice and cook till it browns lightly.
4) Take the skillet off the flame. Add in apple juice and mix into the rice.
5) Let the mixture boil. Cover and turn... - 47.6494
Curried Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, combine the lentils, broth/water and salt.
2. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil skimming off the scum .
3. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, in a... - 47.5851
Curried Yogurt Chicken With Mango Rice
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion; saute until it begins to brown, 3-5 minutes.
Add gingerroot, garlic, and serrano, saute 2 minutes (don't let garlic burn).
Stir in curry and garam masala, saute 1 minute.
Remove mixture... - 47.573
Easy Asparagus Risotto
Asparagus Risotto is full with the goodness of true Italian flavors . Every bite of Asparagus is deliciously tasty. In every party menu this dish should be included if you really want to give a sinful Italian treat to your guests. - 47.525
Curried Mushroom Rice
1) Using bulb-type baster skim broth. Alternately chill mixture till fat floats on top and whisk it away.
2) In a nonstick skillet melt margarine.
3) sauté onions and garlic till tender.
4) Add rice, broth, mushrooms, seasonings, and lemon juice.
5)... - 47.5122
Heat 1/4 cup water, broth, or wine in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add liquid if necessary during this process.
Add green pepper, tomato, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Cook and... - 47.4702
Mexican Rice Stuffed Peppers
Place green pepper halves in 9-inch square baking dish.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
Place cheese in medium mixing bowl.
Microwave at 50% (Medium) for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or... - 47.4155
Spicy Rice With Dried Fruit
In a large skillet, stir the rice over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add apple juice, water, allspice, vanilla, and lemon peel.
Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
Add raisins, apricots, and pineapple.
Cover with lid slightly ajar and simmer for 20 minutes... - 47.3958
Rice Stuffed Zucchini
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a pan and parboil zucchini until tender.
3) Cut each zucchini lengthwise into half and scrape out the seeds creating a cavity.
4) Take a pan and heat margarine in it. Add onion and saute until... - 47.3905
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium heat.
2) Add green onions, eggplant, zucchini and green pepper. Mix nicely.
3) Cook until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, barley, basil... - 47.3459
Lentil Rice Salad
1) Wash the lentils well and drain them.
2) In a saucepan, with the uncooked lentils combine 2 cups of water.
3) Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4) Simmer, covered and cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes more.
6) Remove... - 47.2914
Spinach Risotto is an utterly delicious recipe straight from Italy. Rice, cheese and spinach is a fantastic mix and healthy too. Lemon juice would surely tickles your tastebuds with its tangy flavor. Its for sure that your guests couldn’t stop themselves... - 47.2547
1) Prepare rice as per package directions and set aside.
2) Take a large non-stick skillet and spray with cooking spray.
3) Heat the skillet over medium flame.
4) Add onions and zucchini. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until softened,... - 47.1217
Mexican Lentils And Rice
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil for 30 seconds.
Add the carrots, peppers and onions; saute for 2 minutes.
Add the rice and lentils; saute for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, chili powder and cumin.
Bring to a boil.
Stir once, cover, and... - 47.1191
Mince Meat & Rice Stuffed Peppers
1 Make sure that all the fat is trimmed from the meat before grinding.
2 Throughly wash the peppers and cut a 1-inch piece from the stem ends Reserve.
3 Gently scoop out the seeds and the fibres.
4 In a bowl, combine meat, grated... - 46.9861
Winter Flower Bud Rice
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes; add broccoli and continue to cook until both vegetables are barely tender when pierced (about 2 more minutes).
Drain, immerse in ice water until cool, and drain... - 46.9457
Scandinavian Brown Rice Pudding
In 2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except milk.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave for 40 to 50 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Stir in milk.
Serve warm. - 46.8285
Risotto With Tomatoes And Beans
The rissoto with tomatoes and beans is a heavy and filling rissoto recipe. Cooked with arborio rice, beans and plum tomatoes, the rissoto is flavored with garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley and some cheese to taste. - 46.6846
Heat water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
Add chile pepper, onion, and bell peppers.
Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add garlic,... - 46.6789
Vegetable Nori Rolls
1) In a medium pot boil water.
2) Stir in rice, decrease heat. Cook covered over simmering heat.
3) If using brown rice, simmer for 45 minutes; white rice for 20 minutes and basmati for 25 minutes.
4) Cook the rice until firm and the water absorbed.
5)... - 46.6495
Low Fat Rice Recipes By Category