- » Low Fat Mexican
Low Fat Mexican Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat mexican recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat mexican recipes.
Fresh Summer Grape Tomato Salsa
Why this salsa? If you are used to making or buying salsa fresca, great. But this salsa is an entirely different beast – sweet juiciness of flavors of the grape tomatoes and onions alongside the tartness of cider vinegar and spiciness of jalapeno makes for... - 149.448
Corn And Tomato Salsa
Salsa is one of the famous dishes in Mexican cuisine. The Chef shows t his easy recipe to make it. Salsa goes well with tacos, chips and burritos. - 137.334
Guacamole Dip With Peas
Low fat guacamole? You wont believe how simple it is to make guacamole low fat!! The simple ingredient into this would be peas! Well flavored with garlic and cilantro, this is a must watch video. Watch and try it out! - 130.074
Mexican Black Bean Dip
Cooking should be joyful and relaxing, so try this impressive black bean dip recipe at home! This delicious broad bean dip is made extra creamy with the addition of both salsa and cumin. This smooth, healthy bean dip is a great idea to serve with vegetables... - 125.642
Spicy Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Why use cans of store-bought enchilada sauce when making it at home is so easy? Try this recipe for a quick and easy homemade enchilada sauce recipe and make your own homemade enchilada sauce. This Mexican food recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. Use your... - 123.763
Low Fat Pork Fajitas
Meat preparations like pork in Mexican cuisine can be simple and good enough. Watch Chef Steven Binks in the video showing how to make a low-fat Fajita using pork along with some seasonings and vegetables in a simple way. Good with drink for a casual and... - 123.597
Classic Caesar Salad With Toasted Almonds
Robin and her 88 year old Mother-in-Law show you their family Caesar Salad recipe which has been enhanced with toasted almonds. This is a video to watch for all you suckers of family recipes and secrets. It is going to impress you a lot. - 112.718
Fresh Cabbage Salsa
This is a beautiful fresh salsa. It does take some work as you have to chop a lot of vegetables. It has no fat and is quite healthy with all the vegetables in it. It is always a hit when we make it at home. You can either eat it with chips, as a salad or top... - 111.26
Salsa Saturday July 28th 2012
Trying out a new salsa mix that you add to fresh or canned tomatoes. I've also experimented with color correction of this video, and figured out how to do voice overs before importing video into Lightworks. I'm really happy with the results. - 107.798
Organic Fresh Salsa
Throw the ingredients together in a bowl and it is ready in 5 minutes. This organic salsa is a hit at summer parties and potlucks when served with organic corn chips! - 107.051
Spicy Black Bean Chipotle Salsa
Have you been looking for a yummy bean salsa recipe to serve with your appetizers? This one truely lives up to it's creator's name, spiceandfire. Serve your friends and family this spicy, low-calorie appetizer at your next gathering with crispy baked tortilla... - 104.829
Mexican Taxi Shots
Mexico and tequila go hand in hand, and that is why the Mexican Taxi Shots are here! It is a simple recipe of tequila and banana liqueur brought together in a cool yellowish color. - 100.487
Looking for a nice nutrition packed salad idea? Then take a look at this jicama salad recipe. Watch the video to see how the chef combines a couple of vegetables together with jicama and makes a great tasting salad. Very healthy solution for those on a raw... - 99.108
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas From The Scratch
If you have tried store-bought, packaged tortillas before, you probably know how texture less, flavorless they are. In that case, learning how to make tortillas at home should bail you out. This video shows how to make whole wheat tortillas from the scratch. - 99.0982
Baked Tilapia With Salsa
If you are looking for a good diet recipe using fish, which looks exotic and tastes wonderful, you are at the right place. Watch this baked tilapia with salsa recipe which Amy cooks at her home and it comes out so delicious and looks fabulous. So get the... - 98.495
Quick Low Fat Enchilada
Have you been avoiding healthy food because you don't want to compromise on taste? Cut down on calorie and switch to Low fat Enchiladas which not only taste awesome but ensures good health too. Try it once and you would love to make it everyday! - 98.2216
Mexican Layered Bean Dip
For all the fitness freaks here's a perfect combination of taste and health. Watch fitness coach Anita Stone prepare this yummy Mexican Layered Bean Dip that you can serve with low fat tortillas. Surprise your family with this delicious recipe today. - 95.0247
Pan-seared Sea Scallops With A Fennel Watercress And Orange Salad
Cooking for the clueless can be intimidating but here is recipe that will make you look like a chef from a fancy restaurant. Zuzy Lynch shows you an elegant salad that is really simple to put together and needs no special skills but will make you look like a... - 92.7159
Super Bowl Chili Nacho Dip
Want to know of a yummy nacho dip recipe that is perfect for Super Food munch along food? Then watch this video and learn to make a yummy, cheesy, healthy dip that is easy to prepare and tastes great. This dip is the perfect nacho companion, but can also be... - 89.7003
Whether it's Cince de Mayo or Super Bowl bash, a true-blue Tex Mex treat like nachos will never fail to please. The good thing about this treat is that you can make it absolutely healthy by using low-fat ingredients. Lee Hayward presents a healthy, tasty... - 83.6014
Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Black Bean Soup
How about a healthy and easy Mexican black bean soup that is a pure vegetarian. Watch this impressive video that is interesting to view. The video suggests great recipe variations to the original recipe. Try out this healthy soup that would surely be a hit... - 82.5877
Low-fat Shredded Pork Tacos
Today our talented chef Dan is going to show you how to prepare the perfect Shredded Pork Tacos. The best part about this recipe is that this is a low fat recipe. A treat to all you health conscious people. Check out the video of this yummy and delicious dish. - 77.9451
1.Take a large nonstick skillet.
2. Take some oil in it and heat.
3. Add in onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
4.Add in potatoes, and cook until they turn brown. Stir frequently.
5.In another large bowl, mix eggs, egg whites and milk.
6.Pour this egg... - 51.5727
Grilled Pita Dippers With South Western Hummus
ITS A VERY NICE FUSSION OF DIFFERENT CUSINES ( ARABIC , GREEK AND AMERICAN ).
EVERY BODY LOVES PITA BUT U ALL WILL LOVE TO EAT A GRILLED PITA BREAD WITH A AROMA OF BURNT BUTTER WITH FUSSION OF PITA , AND A DIP ITSELF ONLY MADE FOR PITA . - 50.9729
Mexicali Corn And Bean Bake
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add onions and cook until tender-crisp.
3) Add corn, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and stewed tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer,... - 50.903
Mexican Chicken Chowder
1) Remove the additional fat from chicken.
2) Mix the chicken with celery, garlic, pepper and water and put the mixture in a Dutch oven.
3) Boil, stirring.
4) Simmer them on low heat for around 30 minutes till the chicken becomes... - 49.1563
Veggie Tofu Tacos
In a small bowl, combine the cheese and tofu.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the zucchini, onion, garlic, and chile pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the scallions, tomatoes, and... - 48.9561
In large bowl combine cabbage, carrot, green pepper, onion and salt.
Let stand at least 1 hour.
While cabbage stands, mix all dressing ingredients in 1-qt casserole.
Microwave at High 4 to 6 minutes, or until boiling, stirring every other... - 48.7336
Mexican Style Chicken With Tortilla
Craving for some Mexican food and want it immediately. Try Nikko's Mexican Style chicken with tortilla. He take us on a pictured journey, the recipe being so simple that pictures are enough to understand. Really a great dish to put together in a few minutes... - 48.3911
1.Take a 10 inch nonstick skillet and heat some oil in it.
2.Add in bell pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper and saute for 1 to 2 minutes until the vegetable soften.
3.Now, add in the beans, water and tomato (keep aside 2 tablespoons of tomato) and combine... - 48.3382
Avocado With Cauliflower And Romaine
1. In a pan add 1 cup of water and boil.
2. Add the cauliflower florets and boil till they are crisp and tender. Boil for 5 minutes.
3. Place the florets in a colander. Rinse thoroughly and place the florets in a salad bowl.
4. Combine red onion and... - 48.1754
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium flame.
3) Into the skillet, add in the tofu and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4) Add in the tomatoes,... - 47.9726
Scrambled Huevos Rancheros
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With the help of a pastry brush, brush half of the oil all over both sides of each tortilla.
3) Arrange the tortillas on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the... - 47.8676
Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
If the chicken pieces aren't of equal thickness, place them between sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet.
Arrange around the edge of a 9" glass pie plate.
Sprinkle with the orange juice and cover with vented plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 2... - 47.648
Tomato Basil Soup With Salsa
1. In a bowl, add garlic olive oil, pepper and 1 tablespoon of basil
2. With the back of a spoon crush the garlic and mix well. Keep aside for flavors to blend.
3. To blanch the tomatoes add them to a pan of boiling water for 1 minute.
4. Drain... - 47.6433
Mexican Potato Ragout
Cook potato in boiling water to cover 10 to 15 minutes or just until tender.
Drain and set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Transfer to a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish... - 47.5824
Mexican Bean Casserole
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick coating.
Cook onion and garlic in the saucepan till tender.
Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green chili peppers, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Bring to boiling; reduce the... - 47.5652
Mexican Vegetable Casserole
1. Wash spinach thoroughly with water.
2. Grease a medium size casserole lightly with oil.
3. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
4. In a steamer, steam spinach for 5 minutes just until limp and keep aside for cooling.
5. In a heavy skillet, mix... - 47.5451
Tex Mex Tortillas
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring chili and tomato paste to a boil.
3) Uncover and simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat until thickened.
4) In a covered baking dish, place tortillas and... - 47.5362
Heat 1/4 cup water, broth, or wine in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add liquid if necessary during this process.
Add green pepper, tomato, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Cook and... - 47.4702
Black Bean Stuffed Tortillas
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 10X6X2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Into a colander add in the black beans. Wash the beans under cold, running water for about 1 minute. Drain the beans.
3) Take half of the beans and mash... - 47.4664
Mexican Rice Stuffed Peppers
Place green pepper halves in 9-inch square baking dish.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
Place cheese in medium mixing bowl.
Microwave at 50% (Medium) for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or... - 47.4155
Fish Stuffed With Corn Salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add and sauté the onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
4. Add the celery and chili powder and sauté another 3... - 47.3072
1. In a skillet warm olive oil.
2. Add onions and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes till they are soft.
3. Add tomato puree, chili powder, pepper, tomatoes, olives and salt. Sommer 10 minutes.
4. Combine beans. Simmer 10 minutes.
5. To prepare the crust boil... - 47.283
Mexican Lentils And Rice
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil for 30 seconds.
Add the carrots, peppers and onions; saute for 2 minutes.
Add the rice and lentils; saute for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, chili powder and cumin.
Bring to a boil.
Stir once, cover, and... - 47.1191
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 1 quart casserole and combine together water, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, beef and oregano. Cover using a lid or foil.
3) Wrap tortillas also in foil.
4) Bake tortillas and meat in the oven for... - 47.0125
Fettuccine With Hot Mexican Bean Sauce
1) In a colander, add in the pinto beans. Wash them under cold, running water for about a minute. Let the beans drain for about a minute.
2) Spray a large-sized skillet with the cooking spray. Heat on medium flame. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute... - 46.9419
Potato Burritos Con Salsa Verde
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan place the husked tomatillos with water. Cover it.
3. Boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Drain excess water in a colander.
5. Blend tomatillos using a blender along with onion, cilantro,... - 46.9084
Tiny Seafood Tostadas With Black Bean Dip
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with cooking or baking spray.
3. Arrange tortilla circles on baking sheet.
4. Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Turn over and spray again
7. Bake... - 46.899
1. Soak garbanzos overnight.
2. Drain well.
3. Cook the beans well. Remove their skins and put them back in the water.
3. In another skillet fry the bacons till they are crisp.
4. Remove when they turn pan. Crumble them well.
5. Combine... - 46.8687
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a small bowl, mash black beans with a fork.
3) In a 1 1/2 quart square baking dish, mix together canned chili, mashed black beans, corn and chopped onion.
4) In a small bowl,... - 46.8073
Mexican Jalapeno Rolls
1) Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease two 8-inch round pans with cooking spray.
2) Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water. Keep aside for 5 minutes till the mixture becomes foamy.
3) In a large bowl, add in flour, masa... - 46.7704
Mexican Eggs In Potato Shells
1) Cut the potato lengthwise in half and with the help of a spoon, scoop out the pulp. Leave ¼-inch-thick shells. Reserve the shells.
2) Combine together the potato pulp and 1 tablespoon of sour cream in a small mixing bowl. Mash and... - 46.5714
Black Bean Dip
1. Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid and add both to a liquidizer or food processor jar.
2. Add spices and seasonings.
3. Blend into a smooth paste.
4. Remove into a serving bowl.
5. In a small nonstick skillet, add onion and garlic
6. On... - 46.3138
1) Slice vegetables into equal pieces of about 1/2 inch size or smaller.
2) Mix together all ingredients, saving 1/2 cup mixture.
3) In a food processor or blender, process remaining mixture to an uneven coarse texture using a pulsing... - 46.2903
Garlic Tortilla Soup
1. Peel garlic cloves and blend them with balanced water for making a smooth paste.
2. Take a 2-quart saucepan; boil broth, garlic paste and lemon juice together in the pan for 20 minutes.
3. Soon after, add tortillas in the mix and... - 46.2887
Beef And Bean Soup
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
2. Sauté the chopped onion until soft and transparent.
3. Pour in the beef broth and tip in the lima beans.
4. Lower the flame and cover the skillet.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Uncover the... - 46.2556
In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine the beef, onions, soy sauce, chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Stir to break the meat into pieces, then microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink.
Add the beans... - 46.228
Enchiladas With Bean Sauce
1. Mash beans in water so that they are moist.
2. Preheat oven to 300°.
3. Mix the next 4 ingredients. Cook till the mixture gets creamy.
4. In a large baking dish add butter.
5. Spread a tortilla with a meat layer and butter bean... - 46.1777
Mexican Beef And Cornbread Pie
Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
Heat a heavy, nonstick skillet, at least 10 inches in diameter, over medium-high heat.
Add ground beef and saute, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Pour contents of pan into a strainer or... - 45.9954
Chicken With Peach Salsa
Spray medium nonstick saucepan with cooking spray.
Heat over medium heat until hot.
Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add next 8 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered 20-30 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring... - 45.9201
Lemony Chicken Fajitas
To make marinade, combine garlic, oil, lemon or lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper in a bowl.
Cut chicken lengthwise into thin 3/8-inch strips.
Add to marinade, toss to coat evenly and let chicken marinate in refrigerator 10 to 20... - 45.5871
Mexican Bean Dip
In 1-quart casserole, combine onion, green pepper, garlic, cumin and pepper.
Microwave at High for 2 to 4 1/2 minutes, or until tender, stirring once.
In food processor or blender bowl, process vegetable mixture, beans and water until... - 45.2707
1) Into a 32-quart casserole, crumble the turkey and ground chuck.
2) Use wax paper to cover the casserole and microwave on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes, or till the meat is no longer pink. Stir every 2 minutes.
3) Drain the meat properly and then pat with... - 45.0215
Beefy Garbanzo Casserole
In saucepan cook ground beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.
Stir in garbanzo beans, tomato sauce, water, oregano, salt, cumin, pepper, and bay leaves.
Heat to boiling.
Turn into 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake, covered,... - 44.8566
Mexican Tamale Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet add oil and warm it.
3. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes till it gets soft.
4. Mix cumin and chili. Stir masa harina, salt and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes stirring so that... - 44.7035
Mexican Artichoke Dip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Mix together mayonnaise, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder.
3. Gradually add in the artichokes and the green chilies.
4.In a 1 quart casserole dish,... - 44.4381
Low-fat Quesadillas With Guacamole
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pour wine over chicken breasts arrange in a shallow glass-baking dish and sprinkle some chili powder.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts turn tender, not pink, turning halfway through and... - 44.3708
1) In a large skillet, heat vinegar and water over medium heat and cook green onions, peppers and tomato in it for 5 minutes.
2) Cook the mixture for a short time after adding in chili powder and cayenne.
3) Mix in corn and sweeten with honey if... - 44.1573
Retried Beans Monterey
1.Take a 9 inch nonstick skillet and heat some oil in it.
2.Add in onion, cilantro, pepper and garlic.
3. Saute over medium to high heat and stir well for 1 to 2 minutes.
4.Add in the beans and continue to cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the... - 44.1573
Mexican Turkey Scramble
Place the turkey in a 7" X 11" baking dish.
Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
Stir to break up lumps.
Drain off any fat.
Place the spinach in a 9" pie plate.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Rotate the dish a half... - 43.9859
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In aluminum foil, wrap the tortillas and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or till thoroughly heated.
3) Set the tortillas aside and keep them warm.
4) Use cooking spray to coat... - 43.8919
Beef Fajitas With Fruit Salsa
Trim fat from beef.
Partially freeze beef; thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips.
Place strips in a plastic bag set into a deep mixing bowl.
For marinade, combine thawed concentrate, salad dressing, chili powder and cloves.
Set aside 1/3... - 43.8525
1. In a pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute onion in it.
2. Add ground beef, cook such that the meat loses its red color and drain off the fat that accumulates.
3. Then add tomatoes and seasoning and cook for a minute or two.
4. With the ground beef... - 43.7465
In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the onions, celery and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
Stir in the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
Cook for 1 minute.
Add the stock and raisins.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are... - 43.68
Bean Burritos Deluxe
In a medium bowl, combine the onions, scallions, jalapenos, and oil.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until tender.
Add the beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper.
Place the tortillas between two paper towels.
Microwave on high for 20... - 43.6293
Chunky Salsa Sauce
In 2-quart casserole, combine onion and garlic.
Microwave at High for 2 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Microwave, uncovered, at High for 8 to 11 minutes, or until hot and flavors are blended, stirring once... - 43.2418
Garden Style Burritos
In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine the onions, mushrooms, and oil.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Stir in the peppers and zucchini.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until almost tender.
Add the tomatoes and broccoli.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or... - 43.1881
Healthy Black Bean Chili Bake
1) Set the oven temperature to 375°F before baking.
2) In a shallow 1 quart baking dish, mix together chili, corn and seasonings.
3) Cover with crushed corn flakes, keeping an open area in center.
4) Bake for 15 minutes in preheated... - 43.1873
Crab Ceviche With Avocado
1. Crosswise cut green chilies in half; remove and discard any seeds; lengthwise cut the chillies into 1/4-inch strips.
2. In a large bowl, using wire whisk, mix lime juice, oil and green onions.
3. Add in the chillies, crabmeat,... - 43.1358
Bean Tortilla Bake
1. Combine pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, and garlic in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Mash beans until chunky.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture on each tortilla.... - 42.981
Fusilli Pasta With Spicy Tomato Salsa
1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand until the skins start to peel away.
2. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, divide each tomato in four and remove all the seeds. Chop the flesh into small dice and put in a small pan.... - 42.7523
In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, avocado, chili peppers, lime juice, sour cream, garlic, and cumin.
Process until smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl.
Stir in the tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.
Season to taste with the salt and black... - 42.5584
Classic Mexican Chicken
1. Using a knife, remove the skin from the chicken joints.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken on both sides with flour and shake off any excess if necessary.
3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan.... - 42.4948
Mango Tomato Salsa
1.In a medium sized serving bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
3. Serve chilled. - 42.4696
Buckaroo Bean And Bacon Salsa
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add peas, beans, salsas, and bacon; cover and cook until thoroughly heated.
Remove from heat; stir in chopped... - 42.4354
Mexican Shrimp Fajita Salad
Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic in medium bowl.
Stir in shrimp and marinate 20 minutes, stirring fish occasionally.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute onion and red pepper until tender but... - 42.2116
Mexican Shellfish Chowder
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine broth, wine, bay leaf, garlic, saffron, and chiles.
Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, whirl tomatoes until coarsely pureed; set... - 42.1089
Jicama Fruit Salad
1) Take a small bowl and combine together all dressing ingredients in it. Blend nicely.
2) Take a medium bowl and combine together strawberries, pineapple and jicama.
3) Pour the dressing over fruit mixture and toss lightly.
4) Line 4 salad... - 42.0751
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl of stainless steel or glass and add all the ingredients to it.
2) Stir them thoroughly to combine.
3) Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours or the entire night.
4) Serve after removing the bay leaves. - 42.0251
Non-fat Mexican Chicken
1) In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 4 tablespoons broth and cook garlic, onion, pepper and chicken in it for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked well.
2) Mix in drained stewed tomatoes, chili, chili powder and cayenne pepper and... - 41.7831
Lamb In Pita Bread
1. Place the lamb in a food processor and process just until ground. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°.
3. Stack the pitas, wrap in foil and set aside.
4. In a medium-size nonstick skillet, brown the lamb, onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium-high... - 41.5889
Arroz Con Frijoles
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a baking dish and generously grease it with butter.
3. Spoon in a layer of rice.
4. Top it with a layer of beans.
5. Add a dollop of cream.
6. Then, place cheese slices, and pepper slices on top.
7.... - 41.5805
Creamy Salsa With Dippers
1. For the salsa, core and dice the tomatoes. Peel and coarsely chop the onion. Seed and chop the jalapeno.
2. In a food processor or blender, working in batches if necessary, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, yogurt, cilantro, salt and pepper. Process... - 41.474
Five Bean Chili
Heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Add the chile pepper (if using), squash, and parsnips and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Add the broth, beans, tomatoes (with... - 41.3797
Pinto Tortilla Melts
Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover and chill.
Mash beans with a potato masher.
Combine beans and next 3... - 41.1761
Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add cabbage and next 6 ingredients; saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Spoon vegetable mixture over 1 tortilla; spread to within 1/2 inch of edge.
Sprinkle... - 41.0682
Low Fat Mexican Recipes By Category