- » Low Fat Japanese
Low Fat Japanese Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat japanese recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat japanese recipes.
Chinese New Year Raw Sushi Rolls
Gung Hay Fa Choy! Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these incredible raw foods. Here is a complete Asian inspired raw food meal that you can make to impress your friends and family and influence them into going raw! A delicious Apple and Ginger Cocktail... - 133.857
Japanese Kimchi Nabe
The cold wintry months are here and your feet and toes aren`t happy. Your stomach keeps screaming every hour. It the best time for a hot and spicy soup. Watch this video to learn how to make Japanese-Korean nabe. This hotpot is perfect for a family dinner or... - 132.671
Easy Homemade Sushi Rolls (philly Roll)
Want to try some sushi. Explore this video and try these homemade sushi rolls which is easy to prepare and good to taste. The cooked vinegared rice combined with cucumber and wasabi sauce makes an excellent snack. Getting your sushi rice right is a crucial... - 129.365
Japanese Miso And Mushroom Soup
Do you prefer to start your meal with a soup? Here's something useful for you, an innovative and different Japanese Miso and Mushroom soup recipe. You can serve this soup as an appetizer for any occasion and your guests will love it for sure. The best part... - 120.454
1.) Prepare sushi roll rice base.
2.) Prepare spicy tuna mix.
1.) Place saran wrap on top of the bamboo mat.
2.) Pat sushi rice down on top of the saran wrap.
3.) Place a single sheet of nori on top of the rice base.
4.) Next, take... - 119.646
Sea Creature Roll
1.) Prepare rice base.
2.) Prepare boiled shrimp.
3.) Prepare the crab salad mix.
1.) Place saran wrap down on your bamboo mat.
2.) Pat down prepared sushi right on the saran wrap and place nori sheet on top.
3.) Next, take your boiled... - 119.329
Sushi - Porky Rolls
1. Prepare sushi rice base.
2. Cut pork rib from tonkatsu into thin strips.
3. Lay pork rib strips, and cucumber on rice facing side of sushi base.
4. Sprinkle unagi sauce on top.
5. Grab the bamboo mat, and roll as shown in the... - 119.218
1.) Prepare rice base.
1.) Lay saran wrap on top of the bamboo sheet.
2.) Then, pat down sushi rice and place nori wrap on top.
3.) Grab your 2 crabsticks and lie them across the nori wrap, making a straight line.
4.) Then, grab... - 119.175
Pretty Pink Roll
1.) Prepare sushi rice base.
1.) Place saran wrap on top of bamboo mat.
2.) Take the sushi rice base and pat it down onto the saran wrap.
3.) Place a nori sheet on top of the rice.
4.) Grab 4 slices of sush-grade salmon and place... - 119.164
Sushi: Tuna Roll, Homemade!
1. For egg roll, in a bowl combine egg and salt. Whisk well.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat a little bit on oil over medium-high heat.
3. Pour half of the egg mixture into the hot pan. When the egg is almost firm, using a fork, roll the omelette and push... - 119.01
Tako Nigiri Zushi (octopus Hand Formed Sushi)
1. Slice octopus in an angle as shown in the video.
2. Prepare sushi rice and set aside.
3. Wet your hands in water and rice vinegar mixture.
4. Clump rice and roll it with your palm and fingers as shown in the video.
5. Place octopus... - 118.211
Sushi Rice In A Rice Cooker
1. In a large bowl, put rice, and rinse it with cold water.
2. Mix, and rinse it again. Repeat until the water becomes clear.
3. Put rice in rice cooker bowl.
4. Pour water into it.
5. Select sushi pre-washed option from the menu. Cook... - 117.927
How To Make Quick Seitan
Do you use seitan in your food? Did you know that there is a really simple recipe to prepare this? Here is a video recipe showing you how to do that. A quick and easy process, this does not take long at all. The main ingredient in this is gluten flour. Watch... - 117.806
Shrimp Tempura Cream Cheese Rolls
1. Prepare sushi base.
2. Cut cream cheese into long strips.
3. Prepare tempura shrimp and set aside.
4. On the middle of the sushi base lay the tempura shrimps.
5. Place cream cheese strip on top of them.
6. Drizzle sauce, and start... - 117.644
The Japanese Meadows Cocktail
Brining midori and malibu red together with passion! No, really...passion fruit in syrup form. Oh, did we mention lemonade? - 117.15
How To Make Sushi Rice - Easy
Today we have special guests: my friends Roy and Miwa! As you can guess, they are from Japan. We are going to make sushi rolls today! Sushi is very popular in Japan and many other countries! In Japan, you can find both fancy places and cheap places that serve... - 117.109
Stove Top Sushi Rice
1. Place a pot on heat, add unwashed rice, and water in it.
2. Bring it to boil over high heat. Do not put the lid on.
3. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
4. In a large bowl, put... - 116.539
Organic Vegetarian Sushi Platter
Love sushi and want to keep it simple with regular vegetables - watch this video. The chef here shows the easy way to roll sushi using different ingredients of his choice. You can have your choice to roll them up. So, get the detail instruction and start now. - 115.908
Raw Vegan Papaya Sushi Rolls
Mmm! This sushi is so bomber! No need for soy sauce, these noms are saucy on the inside. Papaya gives it the perfect amount of sweet, savory and softness! Okay, just one more time... mmmmmmm! - 115.498
Specialty Sushi Roll Rice Base
1. Cut nori sheet into half.
2. Place a bamboo mat on counter top, and lay saran wrap on it.
3. Put rice on saran wrap.
4. In a bowl, mix water and rice vinegar. Wet your hands with the mixture, and gently pat rice to spread evenly. Do not smash the... - 115.009
1. Place a sauce pan on heat, boil water, and drop somen noodles in it. Leave the oven on high, and cook for 4 minutes stirring continuously.
2. Remove from oven and rinse noodles with very cold water.
3. For sauce, in a bowl, add water, mentsuyu,... - 114.563
Seafood In Pom Teriyaki Marinade
Here is an amazing video that shows an incredible recipe to make grilled calamari shrimps. The chef here nicely marinates the shrimps in a flavorful pomegranate teriyaki sauce. These grilled shrimps are perfect for any beach party or even a get-together. Try... - 114.457
Boiled Shrimp For Sushi
1. Take toothpick and insert it in the fleshy part of shrimp to keep it straight after boiling.
2. In a saucepan, boil water, and add salt and vinegar in it. Stir.
3. Drop shrimp gently into the pan. When the water starts to boil turn shrimp. Take it... - 114.408
Zucchini Noodle Miso Soup
Cold winter days are back and are you looking for something really healthy, satisfying and warm? Then why not give this zucchini noodle miso soup recipe a try. Watch the video to see how the chef combines zucchini with miso and couple of other ingredients to... - 114.301
1. Place a sauce pan on heat, pour water, and add bonito soup stock in it.
2. Drop dried seaweed, stir, and bring it to a boil.
3. Now, add miso paste in boiling water. Stir until paste dissolves.
4. Cook until seaweeds are nice and tender.
5.... - 113.519
Vegan Nori Rolls
If you have heard about sushi, you would know what is Nori Rolls. This is a raw food nori recipe that uses all uncooked ingredients including a raw ingredient in place of rice. Watch the video and find out more!! - 113.064
Exotic soup, loved by all. This video makes a classic Japanese soup called miso soup. It combines the goodness of tofu with daashi granules and red miso paste to make it more zesty and add a bit of spice to the whole soup. This is a very healthy soup and... - 111.961
1. In a saucepan, boil water over high heat.
2. Drop pork slices, one at a time in saucepan.
3. Move it back and forth couple of times. Repeat for other slices.
4. Serve shabu shabu hot with sauce. - 111.644
Easy Japanese Miso Soup
Asian particularly Thai style soups with soybean are nutritious as well as delicious. Check out the recipe to make Miso Soup out of miso paste, tofu and other typical Japanese ingredients. Simple to make and great in taste! - 111.097
Classic Japanese Yakitori
This is grilled chicken usually on a stick, the time-honored working-class Japanese food. Watch this video to see James demonstrate the authentic Japanese way to make this classic chicken dish, skewers of succulent chicken glazed in sweet-spicy sauce, grilled... - 110.746
How To Make A Sake Sangria
This sake sangria recipe is light, refreshing and pairs perfectly with sushi. Pick a sake that is medium dry and load the sangria with seasonal fruit! Chef and mixologist Kathy Casey shares her recipe. - 110.646
The Japanese Slipper, How-to Cocktail
The Japanese Slipper, a cocktail with two spirits and a juice, pretty easy right? It does bring a bit of a punch and the flavor profile of Monster Energy drink. You will not find caffeine in this cocktail, however. - 109.575
Nana Kusa Gayu
On the 7th of January some people in Japan eat 七草粥 (nana kusa gayu).
According to the back of this packet, this tradition has been around since the Kamakura-period. The idea is that because everyone eats and drinks a lot over the New Year – it’s... - 109.22
Inarizushi (pouch Of Fried Tofu With Sushi Rice)
1. In a bowl, put cooked rice, and sprinkle rice seasoning on it. Mix well to combine.
2. Now, open fried bean curd like pocket, and fill it with flavored rice.
3. Fold the bottom, and place it on serving platter.
4. Serve inarizushi with... - 108.945
1.In a small bowl, take rice and top it up with ochazuke mix.
2.Pour hot water in bowl.
3.Serve ocha tzuke immediately. - 108.575
Aishiteru Veggie Sushi!
Have you been looking for a sushi recipe that fits your vegetarian diet criteria? This recipe is just perfect for you. Watch the chef demonstrate a step-wise process to prepare this delicious Oriental Vegetarian Sushi recipe. - 107.085
Japanese Slipper With Midori Cocktail
The Japanese Slipper, we've all heard of the cocktail, but have we ever thought about where its name comes from? Japanese slippers may sound like a type of designer footwear, but the term originally referred to traditional, simple Japanese sandals, which in... - 106.487
Nigiri Zushi (hand Formed Sushi)
1. Cook sushi rice and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix water and rice vinegar, just to wet your hand while rolling sushi, and to avoid rice from sticking.
3. Clump rice from bowl just enough to fit your palm, and roll to give it a... - 106.216
A Nutritious Lunch In Minutes: Nori Hand Rolls
1. Place a nori sheet smooth side down rough side up over the counter.
2. Stuff with multi grain rice, water cress, carrot, cucumber, scallion and avocado.
3. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the stuffing. Roll the nori sheet as shown in the... - 106.065
As the name suggests, this is a dish for which you must have a liking for Asian or Japanese food. Amy tries her best to make a tamago, which is more of an omelet roll with soy sauce. Watch the video and see if you like it and then try it on, instead of trying... - 105.628
Sushi Roll Rice Base
1. Cut nori sheet into half.
2. Lay saran wrap on top of the bamboo mat.
3. Pat and spread sushi rice gently and evenly on top of sheet.
4. Put nori right on the top of rice.
5. Top it with your favorite filling, roll, cut into slices and... - 104.396
Tuna Sushi Roll
Take the flavors of your favorite sushi bar home with homemade tuna rolls. Learn how to make a simple tuna roll from scratch. The tuna roll is a basic roll made into a thin roll. No other ingredients are used, and the rice is rolled inside. - 103.927
Matsutake Gohan Bimbo
There’s a famous mushroom in Japan called matsutake. A common thing to make with matsutake is matsutake gohan. Matsutake is very expensive so I’ve never actually bought it, but thanks to my active imagination, I have created a special dish called... - 103.695
How To Make Japanese Shrimp Lollipop @ Geisha
CiCi's old friend Vittorio Assaf from Serafina has another restaurant called Geisha, and it's a unique blend of Japanese cuisine with a French influence. They have many signature dishes only available at "Geisha," and Cici got to sample them with Vittorio... - 101.413
Edamame is a healthy boiled soy bean snack. The goodness of the fresh soy bean pods with just salt to flavour makes Edamame an outstanding dish. Try out and enjoy! - 101.398
How To Make Tempura Batter | Ask Momma Cuisine
#AskMomma is a new series by Momma Cuisine where viewers ask cooking questions, and Momma Cuisine, Johanna M. Cook answers them every week.
This week Christian from Des Plaines, Illinois asked, "How do I make tempura batter??" - 101.057
Today I made some dango. I used this dango flour and followed the recipe on the back. - 100.323
Millet porridge is a rich and healthy way to have breakfast. Now give your family the nutrition of millet by making this extremely simple dish. The dish is even made simpler by the chef who explains each step in a simple way, so that you can enjoy your... - 99.5306
Do you like brussels sprouts? Apparently the reason why many people say they dislike them is because they've only tried them when they're overcooked. - 96.5025
This sushi recipe video equips you with the skill to prepare the traditional healthy and delicious Japanese dish right at home. You no longer need to visit a restaurant to relish your favorite sushi. Bring home the flavors and tastes of your favorite Japanese... - 95.4913
Ohagi is a classic Japanese dessert prepared using sticky rice, sugar, and beans. Sarah tells you how to make a quick Japanese dessert using easy-to-find ingredients that doesn't require more than 30 minutes to throw together. Delicious, sticky, gooey treats,... - 94.7203
Today I made some toshikoshi soba. It’s a day early, but, whatever. - 94.0693
Rice makes for a substantial main course dish and is a staple food for many. If you don't know how to cook rice to perfection, then this recipe video will surely come handy. Sarah shares with her viewers a few simple tricks that will help you enjoy a plateful... - 93.3023
I thought of something else to make with pumpkin: kabocha mochi.
Kabocha means pumpkin and mochi usually means rice cake – but other things that have a similar consistency to mochi but aren’t actually made of rice can also be called mochi. - 92.9283
#934 Kagami Biraki Oshiruko
One of Japan's favorite New Year dish, kagami biraki oshiruko is a simple grilled dish prepared using mochi, anko and water. This video tells you how to prepare this luscious dish at home using traditional Japanese ingredients. Try making it once to add a... - 92.199
Teriyaki Barbeque Sauce
If you are one of those Japanese food addicts, who prefer cooking authentic Japanese at their own kitchen - then this recipe video of homemade teriyaki sauce will come handy to you. Preparing this authentic teriyaki sauce does not involve any cooking at all.... - 91.5789
You don't really need complicated recipes to cook healthy. And this simple Japanese tofu recipe just affirms that. The video presents an extremely simple tofu dish that makes for a great side dish. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and cook up a... - 91.0681
One of the great things about winter is ... mandarins.
If you love mandarins as much as I do, you should definitely buy a box.
Then you can eat a lot.
Let’s see what Wikipedia says about mandarins.
The mandarin is easily peeled with the fingers, starting... - 90.661
Iced Tomato Salad
When I was in Sapporo for iSummit, I went to an izakaya one night and had a tomato dish. It was very tasty so I decided to try and recreate it at home. Not that it was hard. - 90.3425
Oriental Miso Salad Dressing
Have you been on a lookout for the Oriental Miso salad Dressing? Your search ends right here. Watch this video now and learn a step by step process to prepare this dressing. The recipe is simple and can be easily replicated at home. Watch it now. - 89.1961
How To Make Miso Soup With Easy Miso Soup
Soups in Thai cuisine range from simple and easy ones to exotic and rich ones. Check out the chef in the video showing how to make Miso Soup in simple and easy way using chicken bouillon and a few ingredients. Simply awesome! - 88.8361
Shiitake Mushrooms And Asparagus Stir-fry
All those who are fond of eating stir-fry food should try this dish. Shiitake mushrooms are medicinal in nature and hence good for health. You must watch the video as it's brief and informative. - 88.2004
Oriental Teriyaki Sauce
Have you been looking for the authentic Oriental Teriyaki Sauce recipe? Look no further. Watch the chef demonstrate a step by step process to prepare this sauce at home. This recipe is a must try. - 87.6206
#941 Spice Tea
Aromatic spices added to a tea blend not only make for a refreshing beverage, but also boosts your health in more ways than one. Sarah tells you how to prepare a nice, warm, spiced tea that makes for a luscious drink. Steep a brew whenever you feel like and... - 87.3442
Yum Cha Red Bean Soup
1. In a small bowl, mix together water and rice flour, to make thickener.
2. Using paring knife, scrape the white fibre off the tangerine peel.
3. In a tall saucepan, put the red beans with 400 ml of water.
4. Cover the saucepan and... - 86.6181
Japanese Style Soba Noodles - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
Soba noodles, made from buckwheat flour, leaves a nutty flavor in the mouth and makes for a filling treat. Stir-fried with vegetables, this lip-smacking treat tastes awesome, when eaten in a slurp. Follow this video to learn how to whomp up this dish. - 85.7072
Raw Vegan Sushi
Now, here's a sushi for all vegetarians out there. Crisp nori sheets are wrapped around shredded parsnip and vegetables to create a wonderful sushi for all vegan foodies. The video carefully shows all the assembling so that you make the right veggie sushi. - 85.4502
#923 Shochu Mikan
Winters are the perfect time to revel in the goodness of mandarins. In this drink recipe, Sarah uses fresh ripe mandarins to prepare a refreshing drink that is just ideal for winters. Slightly sweet and tart, this drink recipe is the best way to enjoy your... - 83.7906
1. To make a sushi dressing, place all the ingredients into a small saucepan and heat gently.
2. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and allow to cool.
3. Use with recipes as desired. - 83.4892
1. Clean the prawns and remove the head, leave the shell of the tail and body intact.
2. Skewer 2 pieces of shrimps in the bamboo skewer.
3. Boil water in a wok and cook the shrimps until pink and cooked.
4. Keep a container with cold... - 82.3068
Ｔadukuri(osechi) - Traditional Japanese Appetizer
1. In a small wok, place a parchment paper.
2. Heat the wok and add dried anchovy, stir the anchovy for 2 minutes or until anchovy is well heated.
3. Remove the anchovy and place in a bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, heat together soy sauce, mentsuyu,... - 79.8178
Oshiruko - Traditional Japanese Soup
1. Cut rice cake in 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2. In a strainer, place azuki beans and rinse well under water.
3. In a bowl, soak azuki bean in water enough to cover the beans, for 2 hours.
4. Strain the beans and discard water.
5. In a... - 77.5564
Japanese Persimmon(kaki) Gelato 柿のジェラートのレシピ
1. In a food processor or blender add persimmon, lemon juice, sugar and milk. Blend till smooth.
2. In a serving bowl, serve the gelato immediately. - 75.6387
Negi And Dried Bonito Riceball
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute negi for a few minutes.
2. Add bonito, saute and then pour sauce. Give it a good stir and cook until done.
3. Take some cooked rice, place negi mixture in the center and roll as shown in the video.
4. Roll with... - 69.661