- » Low Fat Indian Vegetarian
Low Fat Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat indian vegetarian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat indian vegetarian recipes.
Baked Vegetable Cutlet
In a mood of making cutlets, then you should surely check this out. The Chef shows how to make these tasty cutlets which are baked and not fried. They are easy to prepare and a mouth watering appetizer. You can serve the cutlets with chutney or ketchup. - 133.408
Indian Peas Pulao
Want to serve an Indian delicacy today? Give this Indian Peas Pulao a try. The dish is a superb blend of ingredients that impart this dish a distinct flavor. This recipe is just too good to be missed. - 128.611
Spicy Aloo Shimla Mirch
Potatoes team up well with almost any other vegetable. Here is a video showing how to make a dry curry using capsicum with potatoes along with some common Indian seasonings. Good to accompany rotis or rice! - 116.826
Indian Masoor Dal Khichdi
If you want to make a quick nutritious meal, then khichdi is always the best choice. It is made of Whole Masoor dal which is rich in protein. To make this dish more nutritious, add mixed veggies of your choice.This is also healthier and tastier dish that can... - 114.114
1. In a mixing bowl mash potatoes and green peas together.
2. Add cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt as per taste, cumin powder, pepper and coriander powder.
3. Add the flour and mix well without adding water to make firm dough.
4. Turn the... - 109.562
Frozen Chappati/roti/parantha Recipe(homemade - Low Fat)
This recipe is a keeper,that is if you spend good money on store bought ones.We don't eat much frozen food but I just like the idea of pre-cooked meals saves ample amount of time,which as a new mom I have to agree ,is hard to find. Hence,Greenhouse cuisine... - 109.435
Traditional Cucumber Raita
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of Traditional Cucumber Raita, then look no further. The Chef explains how to make Cucumber Raita in the video. You can always add other vegetables to the yogurt besides cucumber. So, surely check out the video. - 108.686
Why not enjoy your salads and appetizers with some great accompaniment. Watch this excellent video to make a simple and delicious cherry chutney. Cherries can be transformed into an awesome treat with this impressive video. Surely a must watch! - 108.003
Those of you who are looking for the recipe of Raita, will find this very useful. The Chef shows how to make Vegetable Raita. It's very easy to make and goes well with biryani or pulao. - 107.813
Melon And Arugula Salad
Looking for an exotic salad recipe for the upcoming dinner event, here is a recipe just right for the occasion. Check out Aarsi showing how to make arugula watermelon salad with fresh arugula leaves and diced watermelon as the key ingredients. Refreshingly... - 106.529
Classic Indian Roti
All of you, who are searching for the easiest recipe of roti or Indian flat bread - here is the one. Roti - the versatile Indian flat bread, is quite easy to prepare at home, only needs few days of practice. Once you develop the skill, it becomes easy to... - 105.541
Indian Spicy Spinach And Potato Curry
Want to prepare your spinach with a little twist? Try making Indian Spicy Spinach and Potato Curry with chef Pallavi in the video. The recipe calls for a few simple Indian Spices and its easy to prepare. Pallavi has some tips for twisting the recipe a little... - 103.521
Low Fat Carrot Halwa
1. Wash, wipe and grate the carrots.
2. In a bowl take carrots and add in the milk, microwave for 6 minutes.
3. Take out the mixture from the microwave, add in the butter mix well and microwave for 6 more minutes.
4. Remove from... - 101.483
Classic Indian Karhi
Want to pep up something light but delicious Indian recipe in your kitchen? Try the recipe for Indian karhi or yogurt soup. The chef here prepares the mild spicy version of yogurt soup; spiciness can be varied as per preference. The mild version is great with... - 100.739
Dal Fry - Easy, Quick And One Pot Lentil Curry
If you enjoy eating Indian cuisine then you will relish the dal fry. For Indians, dal is an important part of their meal. You can serve the dal fry with hot rice, roti or naan. Watch the video for the quick and easy recipe of making dal fry. I'm sure your... - 100.162
How To Cut A Carrot
You should have these carrot cutting tips, before you start using carrots in your recipes. In this video, experienced chef Hari demonstrates various techniques to peel and cut the carrots. These tricks are for you to learn. - 91.0986
This is a type of rasam or soup which can be had with plain white rice. - 50.5822
Aloo Bhujia is a delicious combination of vegetables cooked in an array of Indian spices. Highly spiced, the dish is cooked initially with ghee and combines the flavors of onions, chillies, garlic and ginger. - 50.5053
Tomato And Ridge Gourd Soup
Heat oil in a large pan over moderate heat.
Add onions and saute for 2-5 minutes till honey-coloured.
Add garlic, oregano and coriander powder and stir for 1 minute to draw out flavours.
Stir in tomatoes and ridgegourd, cover pan and simmer over very low heat... - 50.5002
Fennel Flavored Stuffed Mushrooms
Place water in 1-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in small bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand 1 hour to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
Remove stems from... - 50.0281
Ginger Celery Curry
1. In a small bowl or a cup, prepare a slurry by combining soy flour with ¼ cup water.
2. In a skillet or a non stick saucepan, heat oil over a medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to... - 49.974
This okra roast is a very tasty snack. Simple with okra in onion and cashew crispy bites are a definite try. Enjoy!!! - 49.9145
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a steamer.
Place apple, cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli in a steamer basket or colander and cover steamer.
Steam about 5 minutes.
Add red pepper, onion, peas, and tomatoes.
Steam for 3 more minutes.
Place curry powder,... - 49.402
Dal Plain Curry
This Dal plain curry is a simple, quick and tasty dish. enjoy! - 49.2549
Heat water or broth in a large skillet or heavy pot.
Add onions, ginger, thyme, marjoram, parsley, basil, dill, and turmeric.
Cook and stir onions and spices for 5 minutes, adding liquid as needed.
Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add... - 48.8733
A yummy traditional Indian rice kheer recipe (rice pudding). The quick and easy to make kheer is rice simmered and cooked in milk and an array of rich ingredients. Just the dessert you need to complete your Indian meal menu. - 48.6463
Low-fat Matar Paneer
Cut the paneer into 3/4-inch cubes and set aside.
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and stir-fry until golden brown.
Stir in the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for another 30 seconds.
Add all the dry spices and tomatoes and... - 48.4614
Garlic Rice And Pasta
In 3-quart casserole, combine margarine, rice and spaghetti.
Microwave at High for 4 to 7 minutes, or until spaghetti is golden brown, stirring after first 2 minutes, then after every minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley.
Microwave at... - 47.9277
1. Wash carrots and cut into long thin strips.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil, add carrots and sautÃ© in oil with little water until nearly tender.
3. Transfer the carrots to a plate.
4. In the same skillet, place ginger, garlic,... - 47.8194
Chutney comes from the Hindu word "chatni," meaning "for licking" as in savoring or relishing an appetizing flavor or pleasing taste.Chutneys are exotic in taste without the fat.They may also be called relish,salsas, dips. Chutneys offer a burst of flavor. No... - 47.7997
To make the cake put all the ingredients, except the almonds in a mixing bowl.
Beat thoroughly until the mixture is thick and pale.
Pour into a greased 23 cm - 9" square cake tin.
Bake for 1.5 hours until firm and golden brown.
Remove the cake from the oven... - 47.4702
Lentil Rice Salad
1) Wash the lentils well and drain them.
2) In a saucepan, with the uncooked lentils combine 2 cups of water.
3) Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4) Simmer, covered and cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes more.
6) Remove... - 47.2914
stuffed vegetable in jalapeno and used as side dish or main vegetable dish - 47.0568
Mixed Vegetable Curry
Mash salt and garlic together.
Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan.
Add carrots, onion and salt-garlic mixture.
Stir and heat through.
Add coriander, turmeric, ginger and cayenne pepper; stir.
Add 1/2 cup water and cover.
Cook over low heat about 10... - 46.8102
Spicy Black Eyed Peas
1) In a small bowl, prepare the raw seasoning by combining all the ingredients. Place aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, add oil to heat over moderately high heat, for cooking the peas.
3) Add cumin seeds in hot oil and cook for 10... - 46.363
Savory Plum Conserve
1. In a large heavy pot, put together all the ingredients.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour; slightly mash the plums with the back of a spoon.
4. Stir occasionally.
5. Keep aside for cooling to... - 46.3213
Greens Dal Curry
This Greens dal curry is very healthy and tasty to be had with rice or chapati. Try and enjoy! - 46.127
Indian Vegetable Casserole
1) Combine together the beans, peas, carrots and boiling water to cover the vegetables in a bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes. Drain.
3) In a casserole, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions for about 10 minutes.
4) Mix... - 46.048
Combine chilled vegetables.
Combine remaining ingredients for dressing.
Just before serving, combine slaw and dressing; toss lightly.
Serve in leafy cabbage bowl, if desired: Select a large cabbage head with curling leaves.
Loosen leaves and spread out, petal... - 45.7915
Orange Curd And Plum Puddings
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400° F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly oil a 20.5 cm/8 inch round cake tin. Cook the plums with 2 tablespoons of the light brown sugar for 8-10 minutes to soften them, remove from the heat and reserve.
2. Mix together the lemon rind,... - 45.5963
Baked Palak Paneer
My friend gave me this Baked Palak Paneer Recipe. This is a simple and easy vegetable recipe. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. Baked Palak Paneer goes well with pulao, but it can also be eaten with paratha or poori. It is a good... - 45.4724
Parveen's Tomato Chutney
1) Wash the tomatoes, drain them.
2) Into a large saucepan, put them with 1 1/2 cups of the vinegar and salt.
3) Cover the pan with lid and heat them until the vinegar boils, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook without lid till the... - 45.3059
Karhi With Pakoras
Beat curds and add gram flour.
Gradually add water avoiding lump formation.
Add ground masala paste and place on fire.
Keep stirring until it comes to a boil.
Lower heat and let boil half covered or uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until karhi is thick.
Add... - 45.0977
Combine all vegetables, apple and paneer in a large bowl and toss well to mix.
Place all ingredients for dressing except curd and oil in a blender and blend till well mixed.
Whisk curd with 2 tbsp water.
With the machine running, slowly pour in oil and then... - 45.0393
Mooli And Carrot Salad
Using the blade that grates very finely in your food processor, grate the mooli and the carrots.
Mix together and set aside.
Wash and cut the cucumber into very thin 5 cm (2 inch) chips.
Place the grated mooli, carrots and cucumber chips in an attractive... - 44.647
Hot Mango Chutney
This hot mango chutney is another delight that you would just love. A simple and easy recipe that would help you make this wonderful dish at home. Enjoy!! - 43.5701
Tamarind And Dates Chutney
This complex, tart chutney may be served as a relish with fries, papads or pakoras.It is also used to add tangy flavor to chaat or Indian street foods or Indian tea time snacks. - 43.3787
Tomato And Coriander Soup
1. To skin the tomatoes, plunge them into very hot water for 30 seconds, then transfer to a bowl of cold water. The skin should now peel off quickly and easily. Chop the tomatoes into large chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the bay leaf and... - 43.2096
Mixed Vegetables Kerala Style
Trim French beans and peel gourds and carrots.
Chop vegetables into 1/2" pieces.
Combine all ingredients except curd and oil in a pan.
Add a little water and boil over high heat till vegetables are just tender.
Stir in curd.
Just before serving pour hot oil... - 43.0984
Quartet Fruit Salad
1) Into a large bowl, pour the wine and then add the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
2) Make the rest of the ingredients in the order listed, mixing them at once into the wine mixture.
3) Refrigerate the mixture in the for at least 2 hours before... - 42.801
Green Beans Italian Style
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onion for about 10 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
3) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then lower the heat.
4) Gently cook the ingredients over low heat for 20... - 42.3628
1) Take a large bowl and wash rice in it. Change the water couple of times until it runs clear.
2) Finally, add water, just about enough to cover the rice by 1 inch and let rice soak for 30 minutes and then drain.
3) Wash tomatoes and cut into... - 41.5993
1) Pare the mangoes, then cut the flesh into slices.
2) In a glass or ceramic bowl or other container, put the raw mangoes and then add the vinegar, soft dark brown sugar, salt, chili powder and chopped ginger.
3) Mix well, cover with lid, and... - 41.5126
Tomato Mint Raita
Place yogurt in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients except paprika.
Stir well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Can be made up to 1 hour in advance.
Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Garnish with mint. - 41.3116
My family loves this Khichdi Recipe .Khichdi is a unique Indian dish. It is also known as khichdee ,khichadi ,khichuri, and khichadi. Khichdi is an Indian dish that contains a combination of rice and lentils .It is generally eaten during illness period as it... - 41.0283
Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
This spicy eggplant dish uses comparatively less oil and it is cooked in a microwave until the final step. - 40.423
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion seeds for about 30 seconds. Add the sliced onion and fry for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the next nine ingredients and stir-fry over a medium heat for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. Pour... - 40.2466
1. Drain the chickpeas. Dry-roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a non-stick pan, then crush them lightly with a pestle and mortar.
2. Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix all the remaining salad ingredients in a... - 40.2096
Spicy Garlic Chutney
This chutney has a strong garlic flavor.It is very spicy.Tradionally this chutney is prepared using a mortar and pestle made of stone.Though it consumes more time but its worth the effort.This chutney can be used in most Indian street foods like ragda... - 40.048
Stir Fried Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the carrots, celery, and onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
Add the cumin seeds, ginger, coriander, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add the... - 39.9983
Sweet,Tasty and Spongy Indian sweets (Rasgulla / Rasagulla Recipe) - 39.8982
South Indian Mango Pickle
Have you always wanted to make pickle at home? Here is a South Indian mango pickle recipe and tips that you could follow and make it right in your kitchen. So now you can say bye to the store bought pickles and actually customise it to your individual tastes.... - 39.5804
Adrak Ki Chai
1)In a pan, add ginger to the water and bring to a boil.
2)Turn off heat and strain.
3)Stir in milk and sugar.
4)Serve adrak ki chai hot. - 39.545
Wash mushrooms, wipe dry and chop finely.
Combine all ingredients except roti in a mixing bowl.
Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning.
Divide mixture into 8 portions.
Spread a portion of mixture along one side of each roti and roll.
Serve immediately. - 38.6387
Creamy Tomato Curry Dressing
1) In a blender or food processor, puree tomato juice, cottage cheese, lemon juice, honey and curry powder for about 45 seconds until smooth.
2) Stir in tomato and briefly process it, maintaining small pieces.
3) Keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes to... - 38.6253
1) Into a saucepan, add the washed, dried, peeled, and grated mangoes.
2) Place the pan over low heat, add in the sugar and mixing at intervals using a wooden spoon, for about half an hour.
3) When the mixture changes color and leaves... - 38.5944
Basmati Rice With Herbs
1) In a large microwavable dish, add 1 oz butter, rice, boiling water and salt.
2) Cover the dish with a cling foil and microwave on HIGH temperature for 10 minutes, stirring the contents once halfway through the cooking time.
3) Allow the dish to sit... - 38.1168
Pan Fried Tofu With Coconut Rice
This Pan Fried Tofu With Coconut Rice recipe will entice any eater fussy or easy. The main ingredient in this recipe is coconut. You will be ready with your Pan Fried Tofu With Coconut Rice within 5 minutes. It is full of flavor in spite of being a Low Fat... - 37.9502
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
3) Pour in oil to process to a coarse meal.
4) Pour in water in a slow steady stream, while the machine is running.
5) Form a stiff... - 37.9249
1) In a large glass jar or jars, mix together all the ingredients and 1 1/4 cups water and cover with nonmetallic, airtight lids.
2) Toss well to combine.
3) Let the pickle to mature for 1 week in a cool, dark place, shaking at intervals.
4)... - 37.3285
Pound all the spices.
Dissolve the jaggery in 2 cups water and strain.
Peel and slice the mangoes.
Do not discard the seed stones.
Boil mangoes with 2 cups water when soft, add spices and jaggery.
Cook till the curry turns quite thick.
The seed stone is... - 37.2081
1. Place the lentils and 1 teaspoon of the turmeric in a medium-size saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer 30 min-
utes, or until the lentils are just tender; set aside to... - 36.9421
Pear & Radish Cabbage Slaw
In a salad bowl, mix together lemon juice and honey.
Cut pears in quarters and trim away stem and core.
Thinly slice fruit crosswise into bowl and mix gently to coat with dressing.
Mound cabbage and radishes onto fruit.
If made ahead, cover and chill up to 2... - 36.6891
Indian Spiced Pumpkin Soup
1. Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until light golden. Add the coriander, cumin and turmeric, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
2. Add the pumpkin, coriander, sugar, tomato paste, peanut... - 36.3842
Low Fat Natural Yogurt Potato Raita
1. Heat oil in small pan, add mustard seeds, as they pop, add turmeric, remove from heat, allow to cool. Cut potato in small pieces.
2. Mix yoghurt, almonds, salt, sugar and cooled mustard seeds, add potato. Stir.
3. Chill in refrigerator. - 35.7277
Napa Cabbage Slaw
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.
Just before serving, sprinkle with chow mein noodles. - 35.043
Soak the urid dhaal for 1 hour, drain and place in a liquidizer or food processor with the salt.
Blend to a paste.
Grind the rice to a coarse powder, place in muslin and rinse carefully.
Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze out the excess... - 34.7706
New Cabbage Slaw
Combine chilled vegetables, salt, and paprika.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
To match picture, serve in leafy cabbage bowl and trim with cucumber cuts. - 34.0713
Cornflakes Apple Cream Topping
Cornflake apple cream topping is a great delicious and my favourite quick breakfast. Healthy yet tasty dish to relish all-day..! - 33.896
Masala Curry Sauce
Masala Curry sauce to add to any vegetables, fish or meat dishes. - 33.7356
In a bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients except pepper.
Stir well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Can be made up to 1 hour in advance.
Sprinkle with pepper before serving. - 33.5939
Red And Green Cabbage Slaw
In salad bowl, combine green and red cabbage, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. - 33.5055
Sweet Mango Chutney
Take 3 ripe mangoes, peel and cut it into small pieces. Now take a pan and pour oil to it as per the above ingredient list. Put mango in the pan; fry it till it turns mushy. Drain it and put it aside for cooling. Now add all the other ingredients with mango... - 33.1295
This mango lassi is a delicious combination of mango, yogurt, milk and a variety of other ingredients. A nice twist to the popular Indian drink, this is absolutely refreshing. - 32.6464
Combine rice, coconut milk, and salt in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
Add coconut; fluff with a fork. - 29.4673
New Delhi Dip
1) In a bowl, mix the yogurt, instant onion and curry together, blend well.
2) Place in the refrigerator until serving time.
3) Use as required. - 29.2894
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir together until smooth. - 28.9531
Take a pan heat oil in it. Add cinnamon, ginger paste ,brown sugar and stir well. Now add chopped pieces of all the fruits and saute it. Cook the fruits on a low flame for 20mins or till tender. Cream is optional and you may add it while cooking. Cream... - 13.8889
Low Fat Indian Vegetarian Recipes By Category
Low Fat Indian Vegetarian Course: